Manchester Arena

Shanks said no

• Replies 901
  • Created
  • Last Reply
JudyJudyJudy

Trump chiming in with a strong message that the bomber is a 'loser'.

I know his response isn't the most intelligent and incisive but i hate to say this ( as I cant stand him) but hes right....the scum was a Loser..simple as that.

I am not the greatest fan of our favourite Religion of Peace, nor am I an apologist for the aforementioned, but religion is one of two common denominators here. People like this are, obviously, mentally ill. There's no other rational explanation.

That being said, how come there are never any suicide bombers of Sikh, Hindu, Buddhist or Jain extraction? Properly annoys me how the immediate public reaction is to spring to the defence of Islam, like it's equally tragic a crime to hurt people's feelings! The Muslims bloody well need to stand up and realise there's a serious cultural problem endemic in their belief system and universally condemn these acts.

Anyway, rant over. The point is, mental health problems are the most serious threat any society faces; our country has for a long time failed to deliver proper diagnosis and care - and we are paying the price for it big time.

I'm pretty sure there have been Sikh and Hindu suicide bombers. However, they're targets would be in India, I think.

It's just the Islamic nutcases have the entire western world on their target list.

barcajambo

I don't want to stereotype a whole community but the muslim community could do lots more but don't.

I know his response isn't the most intelligent and incisive but i hate to say this ( as I cant stand him) but hes right....the scum was a Loser..simple as that.

The "loser" assessment was about the only time I've agreed with Trump. It is absolutely apt. Some ***** has just lost his life in the the name of some warped ideology that is never going to be prevail.

However, we (as in normal, decent members of society) also lose, none more so that the innocent people murdered.

This "fight" is one no one is winning, as there are really no rational goals motivating it.

I don't want to stereotype a whole community but the muslim community could do lots more but don't.

Perhaps. However, I suspect the average Muslim in Britain, France, Germany etc. has as much power to stop these warped scumbags as I have.

Can you stop your own citizen coming into the country?

They are known by police, known by police, going to extremist countries, don't let them back in unless they can prove their innocence.

I'm going out on a limb here by saying your not a lawyer.

Where did I suggest lighting a candle would work?

Shite choice of words to be honest, I'll say being a lawyer hasn't protected all the lives of wee children being killed off a ***** known to police who has done this.

Ok say the UK was to do that. Deport him where? Back to the country he came from? And before I get pulled up I mean if he's come from say Libya and they said he's not our citizen then what?

If he goes to Libya, known by the police, refuse him a flight back to the UK. Their issue, let them know that allowing a national known to police where they play host to Islamic state monsters they will be refused back to the Uk. Just as trump is doing or trying to do in the us.

The alternative? Let this continue until it's our wee girl blown up having the time of their lives.

For those thinking sounding like a population of miss world contestants on the issue of our time is the only acceptable response .

http://www.spiked-online.com/newsite/article/after-manchester-its-time-for-anger/19849#.WSR9oJ_TUwh

Problem is where do we direct this anger? Do we go about smashing up mosques and stoning innocent muslims until the terrorists stop?

I'm angry I get the point about candle holding etc but where should I focus this anger? I also agree that we need big boy discussions on the religion...but look at the states every time Trump opens is mouth or tries to impose control the dolly do go brigade are all over him demanding his removal, I wonder if they'd lost an 8 year old at a pop concert if they still be waving their banners.

Background on the bomber

https://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/2017/may/23/manchester-arena-attacker-named-salman-abedi-suicide-attack-ariana-grande

Well attended vigil in Manchester. Shocking day for folk over there

Again that does not make good reading for either the police or the Muslim community he comes from. This clearly could've been prevented.

Shite choice of words to be honest, I'll say being a lawyer hasn't protected all the lives of wee children being killed off a ***** known to police who has done this.

Being known to and being able to arrest are two completely different things.

Your reaction is exactly what these scum are looking for.

Jambo-Jimbo

Ok say the UK was to do that. Deport him where? Back to the country he came from? And before I get pulled up I mean if he's come from say Libya and they said he's not our citizen then what?

This is what happened with the Berlin Christmas Market killer.

He was due to be deported back to Tunisia, but the Tunisians didn't want him back as he was a known criminal, so they dragged their heels in issuing him with a new passport, which incidentally came through I think on the day he was killed in Italy.

As much as I can understand why folks are saying they should be deported, it's just not as simple as that under International law, besides what happens if nobody agrees to take them, where do you send them then?

Stopping them from gaining entry back into the country isn't as easy as folks seem to think either.

The Police and MI5 can suspect that they have been in Syria or Iraq all they like, but without any proof that they've actually been there, then what are the reason's why they'd be denied entry back into the UK, if indeed you can deny entry to a UK citizen in the first place, but even if you could deny entry, where do you send them back to?

They have probably flown from Turkey, so it would be back to Turkey, but the Turks would only point out that they are a British Citizen with a British Passport so nothing to do with Turkey, they are Britain's problem and send them straight back again.

Incarcerate them, lock them up, on what charge? Suspicion of travelling to a country which you can't prove they have ever been to. Any half decent lawyer would have them back on the streets within the hour.

If it was as easy to deport them or stop them getting back in, then doesn't folks think we would have done that already, but unfortunately it's not as simple as that.

What the answer is, search me, I've said it before I don't know.

Dusk_Till_Dawn

Again that does not make good reading for either the police or the Muslim community he comes from. This clearly could've been prevented.

The article makes it sound like there were some tell tale signs. I don't know. I guess it's hard for an imam to go to the police every time someone looks at them funny. But perhaps Mosques do need to be a bit brutally honest about the attitude of some of their worshippers

Problem is where do we direct this anger? Do we go about smashing up mosques and stoning innocent muslims until the terrorists stop?

I'm angry I get the point about candle holding etc but where should I focus this anger? I also agree that we need big boy discussions on the religion...but look at the states every time Trump opens is mouth or tries to impose control the dolly do go brigade are all over him demanding his removal, I wonder if they'd lost an 8 year old at a pop concert if they still be waving their banners.

We could start with making it illegal to teach racism and hate in schools.

Its happening in islamic schools in this country and they are considered ny the authorities to be good tolerant institutions.

Kids in this country beaten to reinforce the hate they are taught.

Its common knowledge yet blind eyes are turned towards it.

Again .

For what.

Fear of being called racist.

I post this again.

https://youtu.be/r4D_OLm-RV4

Jambo 4 Ever

Its happening in islamic schools in this country and they are considered ny the authorities to be good tolerant institutions.

Again .

For what.

I post this again.

Agree 100%

Being known to and being able to arrest are two completely different things.

Your reaction is exactly what these scum are looking for.

Arrests and the judiciary are too good for the scum.

It wouldn't be difficult to make these animals disappear. One after the other...

It wouldn't be difficult to make these animals disappear. One after the other...

And each one that disappeared would be used as a recruiting tool to create another five.

Don't get me wrong they are sub human but that isn't the answer......**** knows what the answer is though.

deesidejambo

That will happen one day. Everyone has a limit of tolerance. I would be happy to disparu them.

niblick1874

Again .

For what.

I post this again.

I sat looking at his post and tried many times to answer.  

Ruby T. Watch the link and then get angry at those who let this happen.

Well, if the jihadists had their way that's exactly what you'd do. 

It's disheartening to see people churning out the same reactions that British people did in the 1970s and 1980s when faced with terrorism from a different source, but at the same time you can't be entirely surprised.  People are appalled at atrocities like last night's, they need to express their anger and revulsion, and they want the attacks to be stopped.  But anger won't fix this problem, and anger won't help a free society to manage the problem either.

Anyway, no doubt the politics will dominate the discussion as time passes by.  Right now it's just so awful to think of those people being killed and injured while on a fun night out, and to think of what their families and friends must be going through.  :(

John Findlay

Well, if the jihadists had their way that's exactly what you'd do.

It's disheartening to see people churning out the same reactions that British people did in the 1970s and 1980s when faced with terrorism from a different source, but at the same time you can't be entirely surprised. People are appalled at atrocities like last night's, they need to express their anger and revulsion, and they want the attacks to be stopped. But anger won't fix this problem, and anger won't help a free society to manage the problem either.

Anyway, no doubt the politics will dominate the discussion as time passes by. Right now it's just so awful to think of those people being killed and injured while on a fun night out, and to think of what their families and friends must be going through. :(

One not all of the reason(s) that got the Irish republicans around the table was that we started playing them at their own game.

Geoff Kilpatrick

One not all of the reason(s) that got the Irish republicans around the table was that we started playing them at their own game.

Do you think Loughgall and Gibraltar caused an IRA rethink? Hardly. It was intelligence and informers who weakened their resolve.

How has the biggest city in the world, Tokyo, avoided any terrorist attacks from Islamic extremists? 

What are the Japanese doing that the UK, France, the US etc are not?

Just announced that the UK threat level has been raid to the highest level of 'critical' meaning a further attack may be imminent according to the prime minister. Worrying. Lots of big sporting events coming up over the next few weeks.

Stephane Grappelli

Do you think Loughgall and Gibraltar caused an IRA rethink? Hardly. It was intelligence and informers who weakened their resolve.

Don't think John was saying that. The clue is in where he said "one not all of the reasons".

How has the biggest city in the world, Tokyo, avoided any terrorist attacks from Islamic extremists?

What are the Japanese doing that the UK, France, the US etc are not?

Remained outwith the hated Western world?

And each one that disappeared would be used as a recruiting tool to create another five.

Don't get me wrong they are sub human but that isn't the answer......**** knows what the answer is though.

We're continually threatened with contributing to the jihadi's plight if we react the wrong way. Future terrorists and future attacks will multiply if we don't hold a vigil and paint our placards with slogans of love, peace and solidarity. Well guess what? They're multiplying regardless of the way the society they're trying to destroy reacts. Something's got to give.

Relying on their community to sort it from the inside is futile. Relying on their community to tolerate our values and way of life, fruitless. Relying on their community to breed tolerance of other faiths and the infidel and to teach their children, women are equal to men, homosexuality isn't a crime punishable by death and strapping explosives round your waist ending the lives of innocent children won't send you to Jannah surrounded by virgins.

Do we just stand by and wait on the next atrocity or do we start to tackle the problem head on? Root and branch.

Geoff Kilpatrick

Don't think John was saying that. The clue is in where he said "one not all of the reasons".

The clue isn't needed to know he was talking pish. If anything they behaved worse after them - Teebane and the Patsy Gillespie suicide bomb spring to mind.

Geoff Kilpatrick

We're continually threatened with contributing to the jihadi's plight if we react the wrong way. Future terrorists and future attacks will multiply if we don't hold a vigil and paint our placards with slogans of love, peace and solidarity. Well guess what? They're multiplying regardless of the way the society they're trying to destroy reacts. Something's got to give.

Relying on their community to sort it from the inside is futile. Relying on their community to tolerate our values and way of life, fruitless. Relying on their community to breed tolerance of other faiths and the infidel and to teach their children, women are equal to men, homosexuality isn't a crime punishable by death and strapping explosives round your waist ending the lives of innocent children won't send you to Jannah surrounded by virgins.

Do we just stand by and wait on the next atrocity or do we start to tackle the problem head on? Root and branch.

So what's your plan?

The UK terror threat level has been raised to the highest level of "critical", meaning further attacks may be imminent, Theresa May has said.

The move came after investigators were unable to rule out Manchester bombing suspect Salman Abedi acted alone, the prime minister said.

Military personnel would now be deployed to protect key sites.

Twenty-two people were killed and 59 injured when a suicide bomber attacked concert-goers at Manchester Arena.

Remained outwith the hated Western world?

Many of the 'excesses' and lifestyle choices of people in the major Western cities hold just as true in Tokyo. Why is the Muslim population so small there? Is it perhaps because it is far more difficult for Muslims to live in Japan?

Many of the 'excesses' and lifestyle choices of people in the major Western cities hold just as true in Tokyo. Why is the Muslim population so small there? Is it perhaps because it is far more difficult for Muslims to live in Japan?

History and geography responsible for both the number of muslims in "the West" versus Japan, and the respective levels of hatred focused on each by the nutjob, fanatical element.

Maroon Sailor

The more you see and hear of the carnage and the devastating loss of life the more sickening it becomes

You can't comprehend what gets in to these people's heads who carry out an atrocity like this.

Seymour M Hersh

They're not Christian? Not seen as the hated Crusaders (as IS seem to like to describe little children and families at a pop concert). 

Threat level at critical is not good to hear, if it's been raised for the right reason. It's only supposed to be for specific intelligence that an attack is imminently expected.

If it's been set at the highest level for the right reasons, they must know of someone.

Again .

For what.

I post this again.

I agree we should stop this by the same token we allow catholics to go to different schools. While they may not teach hate it makes the kids "different" and eventually they understand why. That should be abolished at the same time. For example we have Broomhouse next to St josephs primary schools separated by a fence it's ridiculous.

Faith itself is a comfort to some and a set of morals for others whatever they find in faith then I can tolerate that and accept it to a point. However religion is at the root of so many evils in this world I truly wonder how seemingly educated people can take it so far to the point they become hate filled murders. There has to be something inherently and fundamentally wrong in the messages they are receiving.

This latest guy by all accounts was showing signs of radicalism yet no thought to perhaps question how he was interpreting the messages.

If as you say hate is being taught then it needs stamped out now that's not racist. You can be arrested at a football match in this country for hate filled language so I don't see it being a massive leap to outlawing schools that do the same thing.

Do we just stand by and wait on the next atrocity or do we start to tackle the problem head on? Root and branch.[/quote

Hitchens called out these morons and (owen jones et al) and their appeasement agenda a decade ago.

'If only we could learn to be nice'

Feeding the crocodile in the hope it won't eat you at the end he called it.

John Findlay

I said one of the reasons.

Stephane Grappelli

I agree we should stop this by the same token we allow catholics to go to different schools. While they may not teach hate it makes the kids "different" and eventually they understand why. That should be abolished at the same time. For example we have Broomhouse next to St josephs primary schools separated by a fence it's ridiculous.

Faith itself is a comfort to some and a set of morals for others whatever they find in faith then I can tolerate that and accept it to a point. However religion is at the root of so many evils in this world I truly wonder how seemingly educated people can take it so far to the point they become hate filled murders. There has to be something inherently and fundamentally wrong in the messages they are receiving.

This latest guy by all accounts was showing signs of radicalism yet no thought to perhaps question how he was interpreting the messages.

If as you say hate is being taught then it needs stamped out now that's not racist. You can be arrested at a football match in this country for hate filled language so I don't see it being a massive leap to outlawing schools that do the same thing.

"we allow Catholics to go to different schools"

Bloody hell, they'll be wanting indoor toilets and the vote next. I know people like to blame Catholic schools for a lot of things but tying them in to last night's atrocity is rather pushing it.

frankblack

Threat level at critical is not good to hear, if it's been raised for the right reason. It's only supposed to be for specific intelligence that an attack is imminently expected.

If it's been set at the highest level for the right reasons, they must know of someone.

The security services cannot rule out the possibility that whoever made the bomb has made others for like-minded nutjobs.

"we allow Catholics to go to different schools"

Bloody hell, they'll be wanting indoor toilets and the vote next. I know people like to blame Catholic schools for a lot of things but tying them in to last night's atrocity is rather pushing it.

Wtf? In the context of the conversation we were discussing segregated schools and it was being suggested those Islamic schools that teach hate should be banned. My point was we have Catholic only schools in this country so to ban one faith school and not another is somewhat hypocritical. That said I do and always have thought segregated schools are wrong, Scotlands bigotry problem cannot be swept under the carpet despite the authorities best efforts to do so, segregated schooling contributes to the issue.

Archived