• Replies 901
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Maroon Sailor

That is feckin horrific.

That's what we are up against

DAgn7rzW0AIHeZe.jpg

GTF ISIS

Aye cause an 8 year old lassie is a crusader right enough... and 30 is approximately 100. 

These guys are absolutely insane and they prey on the weak and brainwash them. How will it ever end?

doctor jambo

ISIS statement - "one of the caliphates soldiers waged war on  a gathering of the crusaders"

I don't even know where to begin ripping that nonsense.

crusaders FFS.

unarmed children

Perhaps it is time we did what we did in Afghan- send in the soldiers to the middle east to draw the nutters in there, then wipe out the caliphate.

We ended Al Queda.

It would also mean we could round up "our own" who are over there and prevent their return

Jaap's Sigh

as a young white educated male I used to sing about killing catholics

I was also pretty racist and homophobic

I am now none of the above

And just because I held certain views did not mean I hurt anyone at the time, nor would I

All of these things were educated out of me as I moved from a small community to the big wide world

even as a middle class white kid I needed integrated into society

Really? As a young adult you sang about killing Catholics?

What caused you to do this?

What appears to be happening in this video is that 'respected elders' appear to be preaching at an organised event saying it's OK to hold these extreme views.

I'm sure you're not trying to compare some spotty teenagers singing the Billy Boys to this.

AlimOzturk

There could have been Muslim children in the crowd. How would they justify killing one of their own had it happened?

Now that it matter of course. Just their logic seems rather flawed.

Ibrahim Tall

Come on now. We are not talking about Nazi Germany. The USA have been invading and meddling in the middle East and we happily trot along and help. No wonder we are targets. My point was why are we always at the front of the queue after America when it comes to bombing foreign lands?

As I said, the news have stated the coward from last night was British born. My original reply was answering a question about China not getting attacked.

What have the Swedes or Germans done wrong then?

Our interventions in the ME are irrelevant to this lot, they hate the West and everything it stands for. Trying to explain that hatred as having any genuine 'fault' of Western civilians or even governments is part of the problem itself.

These groups are a Stone Age cult, they're not a political movement fighting for a cause, they're subhuman filth who won't be happy until every single person in the World is either dead or enslaved to their nonsense.

ISIS statement - "one of the caliphates soldiers waged war on  a gathering of the crusaders"

crusaders FFS.

unarmed children

Perhaps it is time we did what we did in Afghan- send in the soldiers to the middle east to draw the nutters in there, then wipe out the caliphate.

We ended Al Queda.

It would also mean we could round up "our own" who are over there and prevent their return

Al Queda morphed into ISIS. They also operate in Syria.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-middle-east-35967409

Adam Murray

There could have been Muslim children in the crowd. How would they justify killing one of their own had it happened?

That's the thing though, to them and their warped way of thinking, no devout muslim should be at a concert, nor should they be at the theatre or a football game, if they are then they are 'infidels'.

They are attacking our very way of life, our clubs, concert venues, theatres and football stadiums, our shopping centres,  they want to strike fear into us, to stop us going about our daily lives.

Jambof3tornado

In the same way the IRA dealt with catholics being killed by their work....collateral damage.

Sad sad day.

Suicide bomber named as Salman Abedi. Born in Manchester to Libyan parents who fled Gaddafi and sought refuge here.  Rot in Hell Salman you turned against those who held out our hands to help your parents..

loveofthegame

Really? As a young adult you sang about killing Catholics?

What caused you to do this?

I imagine he isn't the only person to have ever sang "Hello, Hello" with the dodgy lyrics. We've all been young and stupid. Anyway, its way off topic. Lets not turn this thread into something it isn't.

Suicide bomber named as Salman Abedi. Born in Manchester to Libyan parents who fled Gaddafi and sought refuge here.  Rot in Hell Salman you turned against those who held out our hands to help your parents..

Known to police as well. Wonder if he was known due to multiple trips to Libya/Syria/Iraq or petty crimes. Annoying that we always here that these guys were known to the police but nothing is done. Why are they even allowed in if we have evidence that they are potential jihadists? Makes no sense to me

I think you need to re-read that again. ISIS is a splintering off of Al-Queda. Al-Queda is still in operation and in some areas have been fighting ISIS.

Splinter groups holding to more extreme Islam.

The main point of my post was to point out Al Qaeda has not gone away.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Chester™

Splinter groups holding to more extreme Islam.

The main point of my post was to point out Al Qaeda has not gone away.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

:thumbsup:

That certainly wasnt clear from your original wording.

Quite young at 22

That's part of the profile of those most of concern

Born in Manchester. Home grown.

Suicide bomber named as Salman Abedi. Born in Manchester to Libyan parents who fled Gaddafi and sought refuge here. Rot in Hell Salman you turned against those who held out our hands to help your parents..

Yeah

Known to police as well. Wonder if he was known due to multiple trips to Libya/Syria/Iraq or petty crimes. Annoying that we always here that these guys were known to the police but nothing is done. Why are they even allowed in if we have evidence that they are potential jihadists? Makes no sense to me

Deport any of the ***** known to police until proven innocent. **** them.

Yeah cause that will stand up in court and wouldn't be used as a recruiting tool.

Prince Buaben

deport them then prove then innocent.. sound logic.

Riddley Walker

You can't deport your own citizen.

Cruyff Turn

I seriously hope that this dickhead hasn't been trained or fought abroad and has been allowed to return here.

It's not been proven one way or the other yet but that would be truly shocking.

Suicide bomber named as Salman Abedi. Born in Manchester to Libyan parents who fled Gaddafi and sought refuge here. Rot in Hell Salman you turned against those who held out our hands to help your parents..

Little gimp. His laughable life ended, no heaven or hell, just ended. You've only got one shot at life, he ended his killing as many kids as he could. Feed what's left of him to pigs and let them shit him out.

Riddley Walker

What is a shame is that he'll never know his silly wee delusions of an afterlife of paradise has not happened.

Stephane Grappelli

crusaders FFS.

unarmed children

We ended Al Queda.

Al Qaeda are far from ended, unfortunately.  The Taleban are back in Afghanistan in great numbers.  Syria and Iraq are hell on earth.

I don't think sending our troops into these countries is the answer.

Yeah cause that will stand up in court and wouldn't be used as a recruiting tool.

**** the courts unless they can prove their innocent. If the ***** want to piss off to Libya don't let them back in. Known to police? Well that's alright then eh? This has no end in sight and lighting a candle isn't going to work.

deport them then prove then innocent.. sound logic.

Let them back in known to police to blow up wee lassies or mow down innocents. Aye let's just do that then.

You can't deport your own citizen.

You can stop them from returning to the island. And if he's known to police then why are they allowing ***** like this walk about? Is it in case they lead them to bigger fish eventually? If he's known to police it's hardly out of character he's a ****ing weapon then is it?

Riddley Walker

You can stop them from returning to the island. And if he's known to police then why are they allowing ***** like this walk about? Is it in case they lead them to bigger fish eventually? If he's known to police it's hardly out of character he's a ******* weapon then is it?

Can you stop your own citizen coming into the country?

**** the courts unless they can prove their innocent. If the ***** want to piss off to Libya don't let them back in. Known to police? Well that's alright then eh? This has no end in sight and lighting a candle isn't going to work.

I'm going out on a limb here by saying your not a lawyer.

Where did I suggest lighting a candle would work?

Rudolf's Mate

You can stop them from returning to the island. And if he's known to police then why are they allowing ***** like this walk about? Is it in case they lead them to bigger fish eventually? If he's known to police it's hardly out of character he's a ******* weapon then is it?

Ok say the UK was to do that. Deport him where? Back to the country he came from? And before I get pulled up I mean if he's come from say Libya and they said he's not our citizen then what?

Riddley Walker

Ok say the UK was to do that. Deport him where? Back to the country he came from? And before I get pulled up I mean if he's come from say Libya and they said he's not our citizen then what?

This is exactly the issue. He's a UK citizen and if his parents were refugees he won't have Libyan citizenship. There would have been nowhere else for him to go. The best they can do is try and catch him on terrorism charges but they can't just make up them up if they haven't caught him doing anything.

All roads lead to Gorgie

Sometime when they say" known to police" it turns out to be for some petty crime like shop lifting and not links to terrorism. These are devious scumbags that are difficult to monitor as they are mindful not to bring suspicion on themselves.

As a western infidel who works for and with practising muslims, I can honestly say not one of them has tried to murder me.

And I've worked with many for seven years in a Muslim country. Great people, nice honest families. Still thought Hebdo chaps fully deserved it to a number and majority argued for stoning for adultery. Therein lies the prob.

I don't know whether this particular scumbag has ever left the UK never mind gone to the likes of Syria or Iraq but if it's discovered that he has gone to train and become further indoctrinated and radicalized then that is where our laws need to change.

There is no reason that a 22 year old British national should be traveling to those countries. If they leave to go there, they stay there. Simple as that and that's very different from just booting them out.The situation is clear, these men are traveling to become soldiers who return wanting to destroy the way we lead our lives and to murder innocent civilians. Steps have to be taken to avoid that scenario and to hell with their human rights. They are sub human individuals.

If they leave the UK to travel to these countries then they have their passport revoked and cannot regain entry. Maybe then their communities and families will influence them to reassess their choices.

niblick1874

Home grown?

There are one or two posters on this thread that have had this pointed out to them. I would like to point out that being born in the country doesn't mean they were not radicalized (for the want of a better word) by those that weren't.

The Link that Jake left showing what is going on in schools is a real eye opener. How on earth they have the ok from local government Is a question that must be asked.

Home grown?

I don't know whether this particular scumbag has ever left the UK never mind gone to the likes of Syria or Iraq but if it's discovered that he has gone to train and become further indoctrinated and radicalized then that is where our laws need to change.

There is no reason that a 22 year old British national should be traveling to those countries. If they leave to go there, they stay there. Simple as that and that's very different from just booting them out.The situation is clear, these men are traveling to become soldiers who return wanting to destroy the way we lead our lives and to murder innocent civilians. Steps have to be taken to avoid that scenario and to hell with their human rights. They are sub human individuals.

If they leave the UK to travel to these countries then they have their passport revoked and cannot regain entry. Maybe then their communities and families will influence them to reassess their choices.

Which countries would be on your "go there, stay there" list?

Riddley Walker

What if they had family there or were going for humanitarian purposes? You can't just have a blanket ban on entry to these places.

maroonlegions

"Known to police". this statement  crops up again and again when atrocities like this happen , some would argue that maybe our intelligence services should maybe be getting their finger out ,( for a better word), and taking a tougher stance on these known lunatics that are known to them.

Zero tolerance with anyone suspected of possible terrorist links or leanings.

Or maybe a change in the law that allows immediate detainment based on reasonable suspicion of anyone "known" to the authorities that could be "rouge".

This is meant as no disrespect to the police and those who do a great job in keeping us safe. 

I take it the suicide lunatic  bomber was identified by CCTV at the arena.

Sometime when they say" known to police" it turns out to be for some petty crime like shop lifting and not links to terrorism. These are devious scumbags that are difficult to monitor as they are mindful not to bring suspicion on themselves.

The chap was chanting the Shahadah full blast on his doorstep (Islamic creed, pledge of Tawhid or monotheism) and neighbours couldn't help but notice. I cant help suspect this might have raised more of an eyebrow in Texas rather than culturally sensitive, tolerant UK.

Which countries would be on your "go there, stay there" list?

Clearly that is for the Government and anti terrorist authorities to make a decision on. Given the vast resources they have available to them and the hundreds of millions of pounds spent each year I'm pretty sure they will have a good idea where these individuals are heading. Frankly in the meantime make it as stringent as necessary. I don't really give a shit about their sensibilities or their 'rights'. I care more about the 8 year old girl blown to smithereens and her family who will have to live with that the rest of their days. Will some innocent people have travel plans effected? Yep probably. Big deal. If a young man leaves the UK to go to these countries they should not be able to return whilst some are coming back and committing these atrocities.

maroonlegions

Clearly that is for the Government and anti terrorist authorities to make a decision on. Given the vast resources they have available to them and the hundreds of millions of pounds spent each year I'm pretty sure they will have a good idea where these individuals are heading. Frankly in the meantime make it as stringent as necessary. I don't really give a shit about their sensibilities or their 'rights'. I care more about the 8 year old girl blown to smithereens and her family who will have to live with that the rest of their days. Will some innocent people have travel plans effected? Yep probably. Big deal. If a young man leaves the UK to go to these countries they should not be able to return whilst some are coming back and committing these atrocities.

:2thumbsup:

I am not the greatest fan of our favourite Religion of Peace, nor am I an apologist for the aforementioned, but religion is one of two common denominators here. People like this are, obviously, mentally ill. There's  no other rational explanation.

That being said, how come there are never any suicide bombers of Sikh, Hindu, Buddhist or Jain extraction? Properly annoys me how the immediate public reaction is to spring to the defence of Islam, like it's equally tragic a crime to hurt people's feelings! The Muslims bloody well need to stand up and realise there's a serious cultural problem endemic in their belief system and universally condemn these acts.

Anyway, rant over. The point is, mental health problems are the most serious threat any society faces; our country has for a long time failed to deliver proper diagnosis and care - and we are paying the price for it big time.

Clearly that is for the Government and anti terrorist authorities to make a decision on. Given the vast resources they have available to them and the hundreds of millions of pounds spent each year I'm pretty sure they will have a good idea where these individuals are heading. Frankly in the meantime make it as stringent as necessary. I don't really give a shit about their sensibilities or their 'rights'. I care more about the 8 year old girl blown to smithereens and her family who will have to live with that the rest of their days. Will some innocent have travel plans effected? Yep probably. Big deal. If a young man leaves the UK to go to these countries they should not be able to return whilst some are coming back and committing these atrocities.

Fair enough. Assumed you had a particular list in mind (e.g. you had mentioned Syria and Iraq).

Assuming we did have the ability to comprehensively know where British citizens are when they are out of the country, we'd also have to come up with some pretty robust rules as to why they'd be banned from coming back. There could, for example, be plenty of legitimate, innocent reasons why a Brit would be in Iraq.

I suspect that while the security services will know about people on their watch list having been in various shitholes, they often won't know that particular bit of info until they are already back here, and have appeared on their radar. Of course, we could then try to deport them (where to?).

I did recently read an article about arseholes who had gone to join jihaidists in Syria etc., but then decided they didn't fancy it. Many stuck in border camps - the UK won't actually take them back (ie what they are talking about), and they are unable to remain in Syria etc., for fear of getting their heads chopped off by their old ISIS mates. What a shame for them.

Archived