Manchester Arena

Shanks said no

luckyBatistuta

Some cretin in my work felt she was in some way affected more by it as she was in that arena last year.

Some people just crave attention

• Replies 901
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I don't think you understand the pull of celebrities like James Corden and Jadon Manford.

Plenty still going on in Manchester by sound of things. Armed police and military going into a residential building called Granby House.

65353e1f368a0fc607c8723956ceb67c.jpg

luckyBatistuta

They've probably done more to combat terrorism in their little toe than you have in a lifetime. Honestly think if we show James Corden's speech to ISIS then loads of them would give up Jihad in a heartbeat.

I don't think you understand ISIS.

Haven't seen it, but off to now. It must be some speech though, if it can pretty much solve one of the worlds biggest problems at the moment. Really hoping he doesn't have that fake laugh of his anywhere in it, or I'll have to stop watching.

I don't think you understand the pull of celebrities like James Corden and Jadon Manford.

Are you having a ****ing laugh?

Are you having a ******* laugh?

Fairly sure you are being trolled. If not I suggest we ship old Jamsey boy off to Syria. Its a win/win. He either solves the problem with a few words or.............

They've probably done more to combat terrorism in their little toe than you have in a lifetime. Honestly think if we show James Corden's speech to ISIS then loads of them would give up Jihad in a heartbeat.

I have to admit, I had thought your earlier posts on this were serious.

Jambo-Jimbo

Sky News reporting that the make up of the bomb is allegedly much more sophisticated than previously thought and the fear is that the bomb maker may still ba at loose.

Plenty still going on in Manchester by sound of things. Armed police and military going into a residential building called Granby House.

65353e1f368a0fc607c8723956ceb67c.jpg

Sky News was saying they are must likely to be SAS.

Also, this is weird.

https://www.buzzfeed.com/mitchprothero/us-officials-keep-talking-about-the-manchester-attack-and?utm_term=.ftq6Nly47K#.wqxXaA1Z7y

http://m.huffpost.com/us/entry/us_592488f1e4b00c8df29f5622?ncid=txtlnkusaolp00000618

When I was watching the news come in on Monday night (and yesterday) it was often the US news outlets who announced the details first.

Amber Rudd basically responded with "I've told them off". So bizarre.

luckyBatistuta

Ok, just watched a link of him saying how great Manchester and its people are and his thoughts go out to the teams of helpers, Ariana Grande and her team and then lastly the families (not sure if it's the right one I'm watching) If it is, do tell us how this this will make them change their horrific ways?

Governor Tarkin

"It's the ordinary Muslims I feel most sorry for......."

Love when this nonsense gets thrown around.

How about the families whose loved ones were blown to smithereens? I tend to feel most sorry for them.

But hey, that's just me.

To be pedantic, ordinary muslims are being blown to smithereens - largely by their muslim brothers and sisters - on a daily basis.

I'm not a fan of the holier than thou attitude either, but I think it should be ok to feel compassion for both the direct and indirect victims of these atrocities, wherever they happen.

Joe Bloggs muslim is becoming more demonised as time goes on, in most cases for having the misfortune to have been born into section of society which harbours a twisted ideology - whether they subscribe to that iddology or otherwise.

The crux is what to do about it.

Jambo-Jimbo

Also, this is weird.

https://www.buzzfeed.com/mitchprothero/us-officials-keep-talking-about-the-manchester-attack-and?utm_term=.ftq6Nly47K#.wqxXaA1Z7y

http://m.huffpost.com/us/entry/us_592488f1e4b00c8df29f5622?ncid=txtlnkusaolp00000618

When I was watching the news come in on Monday night (and yesterday) it was often the US news outlets who announced the details first.

Amber Rudd basically responded with "I've told them off". So bizarre.

It's still happening, Sky News was just saying a few minutes ago that NBC is reporting from a source within American Intelligence that the bomber had known links to IS and had travelled to Syria etc etc etc.

So yes, more info seems to be coming from non-British sources about this guy.

Cruyff Turn

So it is now apparent that this whackjob has been part of a terrorist group in Libya, Syria or Iraq.

The Americans, the French and apparently the British Intelligence services knew this so,

1. Why was he not detained when he came back to Britain, or allowed to return?

2. Why wasn't he a high priority on the watch list?

This attack therefore may have been prevented.

The job of the Home Secretary is to review and scrutinize Homeland intelligence (MI5).

From MI5's website,

"MI5 works within a strict framework of legislation and oversight to ensure our investigative powers are only used where it is necessary and proportionate to do so. Our work is subject to rigorous scrutiny: by the Home Secretary, who personally signs warrants for our most intrusive activity."

3) Who was Home Secretary at the time of his return to this Country and why weren't extreme measures taken?

4) How many more British Extremists who have fought and trained with known Terrorist groups been allowed to return to this Country without being detained or scrutinized by MI5?

It's still happening, Sky News was just saying a few minutes ago that NBC is reporting from a source within American Intelligence that the bomber had known links to IS and had travelled to Syria etc etc etc.

So yes, more info seems to be coming from non-British sources about this guy.

Condolences now out the way, international politics now back in full swing.

I have to admit, I had thought your earlier posts on this were serious.

:laugh4:

I can't stand Corden. That pish the other night was the most nauseating thing I've ever seen.

:laugh4:

I can't stand Corden. That pish the other night was the most nauseating thing I've ever seen.

Hahaha genius fella.

Not overly familar with your posting style yet but I salute you sir.

maroonlegions

You can always sense the underlying undertones of racist hatred when people start to use "Muslim" in  such a way that  the hatred and racism used is subliminally hidden.  

Once again  we are seeing "UKIP", "Hopkins" and "Britain First" swarming social  media with cries of  racist hatred against Muslims and  Syrian refuges.

They can get to feck in trying to use this extremely sad terrorist attack to push their vile racist hatred.

This below from a ex squaddie hits the nail on the head.  

18664399_1564250836948157_30535666422616

maroonlegions

So it is now apparent that this whackjob has been part of a terrorist group in Libya, Syria or Iraq.

The Americans, the French and apparently the British Intelligence services knew this so,

1. Why was he not detained when he came back to Britain, or allowed to return?

2. Why wasn't he a high priority on the watch list?

This attack therefore may have been prevented.

The job of the Home Secretary is to review and scrutinize Homeland intelligence (MI5).

From MI5's website,

"MI5 works within a strict framework of legislation and oversight to ensure our investigative powers are only used where it is necessary and proportionate to do so. Our work is subject to rigorous scrutiny: by the Home Secretary, who personally signs warrants for our most intrusive activity."

3) Who was Home Secretary at the time of his return to this Country and why weren't extreme measures taken?

4) How many more British Extremists who have fought and trained with known Terrorist groups been allowed to return to this Country without being detained or scrutinized by MI5?

Good points and the usual term is "WHY"??

Theresa May failed us as a home secretary and she has now failed us as a Prime Minister. We need a Prime Minister who has a 2764.png?heart and a voice that gives us hope instead of fear.

We need to have more accountability and transparency with those that are in such highly responsible government positions such as the Home Secretary 

Theresa May has been accused of presiding over a "shambles" at the Home Office which risked allowing terrorists to enter Britain unchecked after border controls?
TELEGRAPH.CO.UK

You can always sense the underlying undertones of racist hatred when people start to use "Muslim" in  such a way that  the hatred and racism used is subliminally hidden.  

Once again  we are seeing "UKIP", "Hopkins" and "Britain First" swarming social  media with cries of  racist hatred against Muslims and  Syrian refuges.

They can get to feck in trying to use this extremely sad terrorist attack to push their vile racist hatred.

This below from a ex squaddie hits the nail on the head.  

18664399_1564250836948157_30535666422616

Almost the full card there fella.

Escobar PHM

Some cretin in my work felt she was in some way affected more by it as she was in that arena last year.

Oh bugger me Ive been to the Bataclan (about 8 months before it was attacked) Lucky escape which still has me traumatised to this day.

Space Mackerel

Yes, I think the two are maybe related.

Had Sky News on all day yet they fail to mention this.

Given that we were taken in to Iraq on the basis of lies by Blair, what are we exactly doing out in the Middle East other than causing major problems there and now back home.

Oh bugger me Ive been to the Bataclan (about 8 months before it was attacked) Lucky escape which still has me traumatised to this day.

Even worse are the cretins that say this after an attack, in this example I will use Brussels.

"Off to Brussels in 6 months. I will still go as I will not let them win".

Hope you posted on Facebook after the attack "I'm ok, I'm ok"

Escobar PHM

There's been over 200 civilian deaths in Syria this MONTH alone committed by the US.

https://www.yahoo.com/news/deadliest-month-syria-civilians-us-led-strikes-monitor-103330002.html

Does anybody think that maybe this has something to do with the constant terror attacks here?

Its a fair point and its an awful high collateral rate. What is that part of the solution though. Keep our noses out and leave ISIS to probably thrive in that country and overthrow Assad ? We(the west) are very close to beating them in their last 2 strongholds. Do we withdraw now ?

There's been over 200 civilian deaths in Syria this MONTH alone committed by the US.

https://www.yahoo.com/news/deadliest-month-syria-civilians-us-led-strikes-monitor-103330002.html

Does anybody think that maybe this has something to do with the constant terror attacks here?

Obviously. The little shit whose parents lives were saved when they were given asylum, was brought up and educated in a liberal democracy decided his best course of action was to fill little kids with flying nuts and bolts. Probably read the same stuff as you.

Space Mackerel

Its a fair point and its an awful high collateral rate. What is that part of the solution though. Keep our noses out and leave ISIS to probably thrive in that country and overthrow Assad ? We(the west) are very close to beating them in their last 2 strongholds. Do we withdraw now ?

There was a vote taken in the HoC when Cameron was PM. MP's voted not to undertake airstrikes in Syria. Somehow this has been gerrymandered into us getting involved now and have been doing ops in Syria for quite a while.

IS exists in many other countries. Saudi Arabia have been sending money around the world to promote its extreme views of Wahhabism for years.

Dusk_Till_Dawn

Da Fedz now saying they're chasing a big network in Manchester.

This is going to be extremel uncomfortable for the intelligence services when the whole story materialises

There was a vote taken in the HoC when Cameron was PM. MP's voted not to undertake airstrikes in Syria. Somehow this has been gerrymandered into us getting involved now and have been doing ops in Syria for quite a while.

IS exists in many other countries. Saudi Arabia have been sending money around the world to promote its extreme views of Wahhabism for years.

Answer his question.

Space Mackerel

Answer his question.

I don't think we should've got involved in the first place. I attended to anti war march in Glasgow before the Iraq invasion. So did a million others.

I don't think we should've got involved in the first place. I attended to anti war march in Glasgow before the Iraq invasion. So did a million others.

What do you do about ISIS now was his question.

Francis Albert

The same celebrities who rounded on Trump at the mere mention of trying to reduce the threat to America by taking proactive measures. I'm not suggesting his approach was going to do that but he's willing to address it head on. Somewhere between a candlelit vigil and a Trump war there is answer. Celebrities have a role to play but tweeting messages like they live in a hippy commune does nothing but elevate their own status.

If you think back to what Trump in the end proposed his so-called "Muslim ban" consisted of a temporary suspension of visas for 90 days from those countries identified by the previous US administration as the most likely source of terrorists.

Now I don't know what our and other EU countries' policies are on visas from those countries but I hope they are pretty restrictive.

But a proposed 90 day suspension caused worldwide protests and outrage against what was portrayed as a racist and fascist proposal.

We are not remotely serious about fighting this so called war on terrorism. We must do nothing to detract from our "values" (the Guardian's predictable response today). If you are serious abot fighting a "war" or even counter-terrorist activity you have to be prepared to think about how your values and yours and others' freedoms impact on that.

Or you can hold vigils and read poems about how brave and resilient the people of Manchester (only a small fraction of whom are affected any more than the people of London or Paris or Edinburgh for that matter)  are being and what a great city Manchester is. I have no idea what that is all about.

Conspiracy nuts have started already. Apparently the timing somehow has helped the government. Heard on Jeremy Vine show.

Space Mackerel

What do you do about ISIS now was his question.

I dunno. But the cutting off the head in Syria is only going to reappear somewhere else.

Saudi Arabia is funding this with its masses of petrol dollars. It absolutely beggars belief that Trump signs off $100 billion arms deals and May is out there courting business too.

maroonlegions

Conspiracy nuts have started already. Apparently the timing somehow has helped the government. Heard on Jeremy Vine show.

Bad taste from anyone suggesting this.

This was first said by a Labour MP who has now been suspended over it, it  was the Labour MP  who  first  started the "timing has helped the government" slant.

May has in the past  made some right howlers, worth remembering  this particular howler below. 

Theresa May has been accused of presiding over a "shambles" at the Home Office which risked allowing terrorists to enter Britain unchecked after border controls?
TELEGRAPH.CO.UK

Escobar PHM

What is the impact on innocent men women and children if the western superpowers don't do a bit of policing in the region ?. Bloodbath, ethnic cleansing and mass murder on an unprecedented scale springs to mind if I am honest.

Come again..  :uhoh2:

Just your usual 'everyone who thinks differently to me is an ________insert where applicable________'ist' of some sort.

:lol: **** off.

Bad taste from anyone suggesting this.

May has in the past though has made some right howlers, worth remember this below.

Theresa May accused of 'shambolic' leadership over UK Border Agency scandal

TELEGRAPH.CO.UK

Indeed. There needs to be explanations on how these guys were under the radar.

I am going to light a candle for you and pray for your sole tonight. Then I am going to hold an online vigil on Facebook live, all are welcome.

(BTW I don't understand why these things annoy you so much)

Because it is all so generic and empty and I feel the intentions of those that do are questionable.  Just my opinion of course.

Space Mackerel

What is the impact on innocent men women and children if the western superpowers don't do a bit of policing in the region ?. Bloodbath, ethnic cleansing and mass murder on an unprecedented scale springs to mind if I am honest.

You have to be slightly naive to think that we police the world because of some superior human morals over others.

We do it because we have geopolitical interests in these regions, entirely due to money, control and power.

Dusk_Till_Dawn

A few amusing things on Twitter it has to be said. Some bellend from Geordie Shore getting a kicking after tweeting something inappropriate and then pretending he was hacked. One of the Westlife roasters offering ISIS hand to hand combat. Tremendous.

Obviously. The little shit whose parents lives were saved when they were given asylum, was brought up and educated in a liberal democracy decided his best course of action was to fill little kids with flying nuts and bolts. Probably read the same stuff as you.

But still the default behind this is we tacitly accept that as part of multiculturalism, someone can be given asylum by our state (his parents) and all the benefits of most tolerant nation on Earth yet when it comes to crunch they would side against us with mutters in a country whom they have zilch to do with outside their shared religion. Its a central flaw in our notion of citizenship.

I dunno. But the cutting off the head in Syria is only going to reappear somewhere else.

Saudi Arabia is funding this with its masses of petrol dollars. It absolutely beggars belief that Trump signs off $100 billion arms deals and May is out there courting business too.

Casualties in syria at the moment are largely because ISIS are dug in around civilian populations. The horns of the dilemma are to push on (with the casualties) or to take it slower with the population suffering ISIS control.

A few amusing things on Twitter it has to be said. Some bellend from Geordie Shore getting a kicking after tweeting something inappropriate and then pretending he was hacked. One of the Westlife roasters offering ISIS hand to hand combat. Tremendous.

Who is winning though?

What celebrity is 'most upset'?

How is Geldof getting on with the Syrian families he took in?

Some interesting whispers and questions starting to emerge about Abedi's father. Primarily about his reasons for coming and going from Libya, and also his job when he's there.

Could be something, could also be nothing. The news stream on this is just crazy. Have to apply most rigorous bullshit filters though.

Space Mackerel

Casualties in syria at the moment are largely because ISIS are dug in around civilian populations. The horns of the dilemma are to push on (with the casualties) or to take it slower with the population suffering ISIS control.

I'm not interested around the strategic battle in Syria.

I'm more concerned that Saudi Arabia is allowed to promote this hard line extremist view of Islam around the world and we (the West) prop them up.

Archived