Manchester Arena

Shanks said no

Bowmans_Boot

My daughter is moving to Manchester in two months, just makes it all even more real and close to home.

Thoughts and prayers with those affected and with the people of that great city.

• Replies 901
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Riddley Walker

Nobody is saying that at all.

If these ***** are known to police, get them to feck now.

It's exactly what some people are saying.

I P Knightley

They are just low grade losers with a grudge.

They feel wronged and excluded- in many ways no different to the sandy Hook killer in the US or the dude who shot up the cinema during batman.

They are inadequates

This is how I feel it should be reported. "Terrorist" carries with it some kind of cachet - I'm sure the perpetrators feel some kind of glory and a sense of mission from having what they do put in that bracket.

All roads lead to Gorgie

Hopefully those showing an empathy towards the terrorists will be shocked by the horrific murder of innocent young people and their conscience will be pricked enough to steer away from the madness of it all. If not what has become of the human race.

The usual knee jerk response from some people

Perpetuating the cycle of violence and hatred is not going to stop anything

Ideology is only defeated by eduction

I don't think any reaction to someone blowing up young kids is knee-jerk. 

If it is indeed homegrown terror and its islamist in its nature then its time we actually looked at the communities it comes from.

Islamist schooling are teaching hatred and racism.

And those are the ones who have gained plaudits from official school monitoring.

Its quite telling that no one talks about the mainstream attitudes amongst british pakistanis of racism .

Its being taught to their children in schools now and is well documented.

For sure, there are a lot of idiotic knee jerk reactions from right wing idiots.

However, the continual sanctimonious and narcissistic bullshit the far left come out with is equally as moronic.

Both sides full of clowns. Both sides damaging.

I'm seriously worried about the reaction to this, somehow the peace loving Muslim community in this country have to get the message out there that this is unacceptable and is not in anyway representing their faith. The western world have to get together and combat this but not by force.

These sick animals committing these acts have to be alienated and flushed out.

The back lash to this will be seen in communities all over England. It's a war and there's enough uneducated head cases to make it such.

I've spent a lot of time in Manchester and my thoughts are with all the City and the people effected. They will pull together on this and get through it, such is their character.

Katie Hopkins gets her oar in, calling for a "final solution" to the problem.

What an absolute moron this woman is.

Francis Albert

People blame religion but ultimately this is just used a blanket to cover their true murderous minds. The people who coerse other into doing these deeds are nothing more than sick scum who get a kick out of it.

nothing to with religion? That may just be true in this case though it seems unlikely. But the idea that mass murders by muslims has nothing to do with religion is part of the problem.

Jambo-Jimbo

I'm seriously worried about the reaction to this, somehow the peace loving Muslim community in this country have to get the message out there that this is unacceptable and is not in anyway representing their faith. The western world have to get together and combat this but not by force.

These sick animals committing these acts have to be alienated and flushed out.

The back lash to this will be seen in communities all over England. It's a war and there's enough uneducated head cases to make it such.

I've spent a lot of time in Manchester and my thoughts are with all the City and the people effected. They will pull together on this and get through it, such is their character.

The problem is that these terrorists don't give a feck about their own communities or indeed their own religion as witnessed many times previously when they indiscriminately set a bomb off.

Last nights bombing quite probably killed or injured Muslim children, but that is of little concern to these people.

I don't know what the answer is, I really don't.

Dusk_Till_Dawn

The problem is that these terrorists don't give a feck about their own communities or indeed their own religion as witnessed many times previously when they indiscriminately set a bomb off.

Last nights bombing quite probably killed or injured Muslim children, but that is of little concern to these people.

There's a massive difference between Islam and radical Islam and most people appreciate the distinction. How you eradicate the second form I've got no idea

John Findlay

Forget religion. Let's call this for what it is. Mass murder. The perpetrators of these heinous acts have no respect for their own lives therefore have no respect for any other lives whether that be a new born or a centurion. They can be brainwashed all they want but I personally would have absolutely no hesitation in putting a bullet straight through their heads so that they can find out instantly that Allah is a myth and they were the biggest victims of the biggest confidence trick.

The above may come across as brutal and callous but, it is the only language they understand. They have no respect for us and see us as a nation(UK) as soft.

Well now is the time to show them just how soft we really are. No mercy for these people none whatsoever.

I P Knightley

Katie Hopkins gets her oar in, calling for a "final solution" to the problem.

What an absolute moron this woman is.

Hatey Cockends

Jambo-Jimbo

There's a massive difference between Islam and radical Islam and most people appreciate the distinction. How you eradicate the second form I've got no idea

Agreed.

But they must have grown up in these communities. They attend Mosque or have done. The communities must be able to detect change in them. Self policing if you like, to report suspicious activity and/or keep an eye on them.

I don't know what the answer is either but I can only see this behaviour decreasing if it's stamped out from within those communities.

The statement Redm has posted is a start but we need to see mass condemnation from all over the Muslim world. I understand there's probably a fear from within but somehow it must be reported.

Not much point in even commenting on anything she says anymore, mate.

Troll. Bite. Troll. Bite.

I'm surprised she doesn't post in The Terrace

Yeah I know mate. I try not to get wound up at what she says, but I can't bloody help it sometimes.

Annoying thing is that I know I'm giving her what she wants.

Maroon Sailor

Get sick of hearing from people that Manchester will be strong and get through this

What about the victims families ?

I really think that's what they are thinking at this time

Phil Dunphy

Hopefully those showing an empathy towards the terrorists will be shocked by the horrific murder of innocent young people and their conscience will be pricked enough to steer away from the madness of it all. If not what has become of the human race.

Who's showing empathy towards terrorists, like?

King prawn

Yeah I know mate. I try not to get wound up at what she says, but I can't bloody help it sometimes.

Annoying thing is that I know I'm giving her what she wants.

This is how I feel about her.

Riddley Walker

Not really the same is it.

It was a ridiculous statement in response to some ridiculous statements.

Get sick of hearing from people that Manchester will be strong and get through this

Standard trite mate.

Just brutal.

Well you could start by banning faith schooling.

You could enshrine secular laws .

Heres an example of the hatred being taught to 5 year olds in England by a well respected Islamic school.

Are we really accepting this in the 21st century.

https://youtu.be/r4D_OLm-RV4

William H. Bonney

Now evacuating the area around The Arndale Centre

Hopefully just a precaution

Maroon Sailor

One man arrested at The Arndale - shots may have been heard

Jambo-Jimbo

But they must have grown up in these communities. They attend Mosque or have done. The communities must be able to detect change in them. Self policing if you like, to report suspicious activity and/or keep an eye on them.

I don't know what the answer is either but I can only see this behaviour decreasing if it's stamped out from within those communities.

The statement Redm has posted is a start but we need to see mass condemnation from all over the Muslim world. I understand there's probably a fear from within but somehow it must be reported.

Islam has been trying to combat and fight Radical Islam for centuries now and they haven't found the answer thus far.

We in the West don't know the answer, that's for sure, and how would we know.

I agree with your post, the Muslim communities need to do more, some to their credit try and self police their communities but too many turn a blind eye and don't want to get involved, for whatever reason, possibly mostly through fear of retribution and this is where trust comes in, trust of the Police and to work with the Police and the authorities to try and identify people who are showing signs of radicalisation and to help them, if possible, before they can carry out an attack, this benefits everybody.

But whether this happens is open to question.

Governor Tarkin

One man arrested at The Arndale - shots may have been heard

Hopefully just a case of nerves.

Francis Albert

They are just low grade losers with a grudge.

They feel wronged and excluded- in many ways no different to the sandy Hook killer in the US or the dude who shot up the cinema during batman.

They are inadequates

i don't know about this particular murderer but most muslim terrorists have been well educated and from relatively well off backgtounds and not part of poor underclass

Phil Dunphy

You know what? It's times like these that you're grateful for the work and the bravery of the Police.

The service we have in the UK is one of the finest in the world.

Islam has been trying to combat and fight Radical Islam for centuries now and they haven't found the answer thus far.

We in the West don't know the answer, that's for sure, and how would we know.

I agree with your post, the Muslim communities need to do more, some to their credit try and self police their communities but too many turn a blind eye and don't want to get involved, for whatever reason, possibly mostly through fear of retribution and this is where trust comes in, trust of the Police and to work with the Police and the authorities to try and identify people who are showing signs of radicalisation and to help them, if possible, before they can carry out an attack, this benefits everybody.

But whether this happens is open to question.

Theres a lot of truth there.

Muslims are by and far the ones who suffer the most atrocities.

i don't know about this particular murderer but most muslim terrorists have been well educated and from relatively well off backgtounds and not part of poor underclass

Indeed ! Was one of the Glasgow Airport attackers not a Doctor ?

doctor jambo

I know this - I know very many well educated losers and inadequate.

Who feel excluded , rejected and these are mainly guys who are pretty unsuccessful with women TBH- they develop quite bitter ideas, and tend to view women really badly, which makes their own failures in that regard even more confusing for them.

Its not a class thing, these dudes are deficient

They are failures in some regard, and some of these folk turn it on themselves, and some turn it on those who have "wronged" them

You see it with the dudes in the US who shoot up their schools/offices

You know what? It's times like these that you're grateful for the work and the bravery of the Police.

They and the security services do an excellent job. Unfortunately, as the saying goes, they have to get it right every time - terrorists only have to get it right once.

This is awful news, absolutely horrific.

Governor Tarkin

Yes it is.

The way the public (in whichever country) roll their sleeves up at times of tragedy is also heartening. The good guys far outnumber the bad.

Dusk_Till_Dawn

It's condescending nonsense. "The terrorists will never win." Well they keep killing people so neither will we

Салатные палочки

Indeed ! Was one of the Glasgow Airport attackers not a Doctor ?

He was yes he worked at the Royal Alexandra in Paisley.  

Shooter McGavin

Sadly, this will all be forgotten in a week until e next one happens. Rinse and repeat.

Dunno what it takes before as a society we actually do something about this. Western society can not keep being the victims of an ideaology born out of our shores.

Unfortunately, you're right.

Francis Albert

I know this - I know very many well educated losers and inadequate.

Who feel excluded , rejected and these are mainly guys who are pretty unsuccessful with women TBH- they develop quite bitter ideas, and tend to view women really badly, which makes their own failures in that regard even more confusing for them.

Its not a class thing, these dudes are deficient

They are failures in some regard, and some of these folk turn it on themselves, and some turn it on those who have "wronged" them

You see it with the dudes in the US who shoot up their schools/offices

but most inadequates and losers don't become mass murderers. The high proportion of those who do (outside perhaps the US with its easy access to weapons of mass destruction) are muslims. So to claim they are losers and inadequates seems to me to miss the point.

Countless polls say otherwise unfortunately. The means might be different but there is not the huge chasm in beliefs we'd like to imagine between conservative Muslims, islamists and jihadists.

What many of us think of as 'radical' is mainstream attitudes in communities or long standing laws in many Islamic countries - e.g death or imprisonment to apostates, death or imprisonment to blasphemers, death or imprisonment to gays.

When the mainstream can get to the point of publicly denounce Medina actions and teachings of their prophet and specific doctrines like jihad under any circumstances then we might see a culture change. Unfortunately Medina era is glorified in schools all over the world and seen as the ideal society. Unfortunately orgs like MCB simply can't and won't bridge this gap and it is easier for them to simply denounce the action in itself.

some disguisting and horrible evil people out there its really sad and i feel bad for the victims and family members

Archived