The non Hearts Transfer Rumours/Signings thread

CJGJ

Салатные палочки

Had a Hibs fan try and tell me John McGinn is better than Tierney the other day.

John McGinn the midfielder? :facepalm: I think McGinn is good but they don't half have some over-inflated opinions on their players these days.

Sent from my SM-A310F using Tapatalk

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
jamboinglasgow

There's every chance Celtic will get considerably more than that!

He's far and away Scotland's most talented footballer and has everything needed to play for a top team in any major league in Europe. At 20 y-o (on Monday) he has the world, quite literally, at his feet. 

Exactly, its the kind of player that top English clubs love, an very promising youngster (plus he has Champions League experience.) So they normally pay huge fees for that, there are also a good number of clubs interested so a bidding war can happen plus Celtic have the financial clout to hold out for huge bids.

I can see him staying for another season at Celtic.

Rudolf's Mate

Sevco want to pay ?1m for Dorrans! Where the **** are they getting ?1m [emoji23]

Sevco want to pay ?1m for Dorrans! Where the **** are they getting ?1m [emoji23]

kings kids inheritance 

hmfc_liam06

Had a Hibs fan try and tell me John McGinn is better than Tierney the other day.

Not only is that rubbish anyway but how do you compare a LB to a CM exactly? :lol:

The Internet

Not only is that rubbish anyway but how do you compare a LB to a CM exactly? :lol:

No idea :lol: Think he just couldn't bring himself to say Lewis Stevenson is better so went for the first one that popped into his head.

chester copperpot

Not a chance in hell will Celtic get ?15m for an untested Scottish defender ffs

Honestly mate. I think he is right.

I rate Tierney very very highly.

More importantly so do the big clubs in England

Exactly, its the kind of player that top English clubs love, an very promising youngster (plus he has Champions League experience.) So they normally pay huge fees for that, there are also a good number of clubs interested so a bidding war can happen plus Celtic have the financial clout to hold out for huge bids.

I can see him staying for another season at Celtic.

if he performs well against england i can see him moving for ?20M this summer 

Honestly amazed that the Hayes to Celtic rumour appears to be true. ?1 million. :lol:

Is Ronny Deila still calling the shots?

Celtic will absolutely get ?15m+ for Tierney.

this all day long, the prices being paid for and by even championship clubs is such that this pricw would not be unthinkable. **** sake, I heard Troy Deeney being valued at 30 mil!!

hmfc_liam06

this all day long, the prices being paid for and by even championship clubs is such that this pricw would not be unthinkable. **** sake, I heard Troy Deeney being valued at 30 mil!!

Didn't Everton not pay 8 figures for some youngster from Charlton?

He'll be devalued by some here because of where he currently plies his trade but make no mistake, the boy is a phenomenal talent.

Didn't Everton not pay 8 figures for some youngster from Charlton?

He'll be devalued by some here because of where he currently plies his trade but make no mistake, the boy is a phenomenal talent.

Ademola for ?7.5M, bonkers

Anyone who doesnt think that Tierney has the potential to be a right superstar and play at the highest level anywhere clearly either hasnt seen him play or just doesnt get football...

I believe there is a poster on here that may tick one or maybe both of those boxes!!! I didnt see their post as they are on my block list (only has one person in it!) but you are on the money re Tierney, if he doesnt get any nasty long term injuries, he will go on to have an impressive career anywhere he wants to play and cost anyone wanting him silly money by scottish standards anyway...

Credit where its due to him as he seems a right decent young man so fair play...

Nookie Bear

Anyone who doesnt think that Tierney has the potential to be a right superstar and play at the highest level anywhere clearly either hasnt seen him play or just doesnt get football...

I believe there is a poster on here that may tick one or maybe both of those boxes!!! I didnt see their post as they are on my block list (only has one person in it!) but you are on the money re Tierney, if he doesnt get any nasty long term injuries, he will go on to have an impressive career anywhere he wants to play and cost anyone wanting him silly money by scottish standards anyway...

Credit where its due to him as he seems a right decent young man so fair play...

He is clearly quality but you have to admit that he plays 90% of he time on the offensive.

I'm not sure how he performed in Europe against better teams, probably well, but it's a big step to go from facing Don Cowie to Willian.

Lucille's Thirsty

Not a chance in hell will Celtic get ?15m for an untested Scottish defender ffs

The money all the big clubs or even smaller clubs in PL ?15M is like change to them.

Bournemouth bought Jordan Ibe from Liverpool for ?15M? :lol:

Lucille's Thirsty

It seems like Man Utd PR machine is in full flow this summer how many is that they've been linked with now.

Perisic?

Griezmann?

Varane?

They have an interest in all of them but I bet many other clubs do.

Varane is at Madrid he goes anywhere else and it's a step down.

Probably true but if he played for us it would be more than likely ?2m max.

Time will tell, I don't see it. No more than 6 or 7 mill imo. Part of a team who have went through the whole season unchallenged

Probably true but if he played for us it would be more than likely ?2m max.

He would run down his contract and we might if we are lucky get a 300k dev fee

I'd love to see him sign for Liverpool and there is interest from them and other major clubs.

So far he has done everything right and perhaps he may feel another season in Scotland may be in his interests but should he continue on his current path he'll get a move to a major club .

CRWJambo1991

I actually think Martin Boyle is better than McGinn at hibs

Lucille's Thirsty

I'd love to see him sign for Liverpool and there is interest from them and other major clubs.

So far he has done everything right and perhaps he may feel another season in Scotland may be in his interests but should he continue on his current path he'll get a move to a major club .

Liverpool are at the stage now that they need and very good left back for some years to come when you think of the left backs they've had they've been quite poor you have to go all the way back to when they had Riise he was a good player.

Kieran Tierney ticks all the boxes you'd want young aggressive quality and pace.

Dembele of Celtic in talks with AC Milan if you believe the Daily Express/Sky Sports

Dembele of Celtic in talks with AC Milan if you believe the Daily Express/Sky Sports

The (now) 14 year old is staying though

Lucille's Thirsty

Dembele of Celtic in talks with AC Milan if you believe the Daily Express/Sky Sports

AC Milan are going to take a bit of time to get back to what they were if this is the signings they're making he's a good player but Milan,time will tell if he's good enough for a great club.

Rudolf's Mate

AC Milan are going to take a bit of time to get back to what they were if this is the signings they're making he's a good player but Milan,time will tell if he's good enough for a great club.

Couldn't agree more. Was shocked to see Morata was linked (going there) for that exact reason that I think they're 3-4 years off the pace.

socrates82

Celtic are certainly doing their best to hawk Dembele off and bump his value up through their pals in the press!

Celtic are certainly doing their best to hawk Dembele off and bump his value up through their pals in the press!

Its quite funny, you can tell when Celtic really want to sell a player. PR overload.

jamboinglasgow

They do but it works. Its something I wish we could do.

chester copperpot

The thing is. Celtic don't need Dembele.

Griffiths can do a great job for another few years and they will still be streets ahead.

Celtic are going to coin it in transfer fees this summer. And I mean coin it in.

jamboinglasgow

Griffiths can do a great job for another few years and they will still be streets ahead.

Celtic are going to coin it in transfer fees this summer. And I mean coin it in.

I agree, you could argue they might even raise as much as ?50m this summer in transfer fees (Dembele, Tierney and at least one other) which is almost as much as their revenue in 2015-16 season (which includes the ?11.5m sale of Virgil Van Dyke.) If Van Dyke is sold from Southampton in the summer for ?50m (which reports suggest is the price) then that is another ?5m in sell on fee. It could be crazy amounts they rack in.

As you say they have Griffiths, which as much as anything means they dont have to panic buy and can take their times. They will have plenty of money to take chances on players and build a team to push in the Champions league. 

Though depressing for Scottish football that it will make them harder to beat in a game let alone compete with.

chester copperpot

I agree, you could argue they might even raise as much as ?50m this summer in transfer fees (Dembele, Tierney and at least one other) which is almost as much as their revenue in 2015-16 season (which includes the ?11.5m sale of Virgil Van Dyke.) If Van Dyke is sold from Southampton in the summer for ?50m (which reports suggest is the price) then that is another ?5m in sell on fee. It could be crazy amounts they rack in.

As you say they have Griffiths, which as much as anything means they dont have to panic buy and can take their times. They will have plenty of money to take chances on players and build a team to push in the Champions league.

Though depressing for Scottish football that it will make them harder to beat in a game let alone compete with.

The way Rodgers is thinking I wouldn't be surprised to see them spend big too. If they do coin it in (which they will) then they won't go for a mill here or there, they are going to spend what they bring in this summer. That will be on transfers and wages however they are a pretty attractive club the now.

Guaranteed silverware and the chance to play in the CL group stages.

Depressing as ****!

jamboinglasgow

The way Rodgers is thinking I wouldn't be surprised to see them spend big too. If they do coin it in (which they will) then they won't go for a mill here or there, they are going to spend what they bring in this summer. That will be on transfers and wages however they are a pretty attractive club the now.

Guaranteed silverware and the chance to play in the CL group stages.

Depressing as ****!

It made me think about  something Brendon Rogers talked about a scout they have brought in who worked with Rogers at Liverpool and Chelsea who is now Celtics head of recruitment. He talked about how this scout and recomended Coutniho and Neymar aged 14 to Chelsea as players they should be looking to sign. Countiho came back on his radar when he was having a poor time at Inter and Liverpool got him relatively cheaply for ?8.5m. Now he would be worth 8 times that. Rogers, to me, sees that as a way for Celtic to pick up real talent. Also talked about the head of recruitment having worldwide contacts so would not surprise me to see a Brazilian or South American pop up at Celtic.

As you say, if they did get ?50m this window, this being money seperate from their already huge income from tickets and (if they qualify) champions league money then it allows them to split some into a fund for wages and some for fees.

As I said its depressing and unpleasent but there is some morbid curiosity to see what will happen.

The Internet

Borini to Celtic. Relegation release clause.

Pretty sure Rodgers signed him for both Swansea and Liverpool? Shite for Sunderland but would probably run riot up here.

Pretty sure Rodgers signed him for both Swansea and Liverpool? Shite for Sunderland but would probably run riot up here.

Yeah he did. He was brilliant for Swansea a few years back and aye, he would be amazing up here.

think he also worked with him at chelsea

rudi must stay

Yeah he did. He was brilliant for Swansea a few years back and aye, he would be amazing up here.

Would get quite a few goals definitely. Underrated player, a bit lightweight possibly for the EPL but a lethal finisher, would be a great signing for them

Couldn't score at Tynecastle though :smug:

rudi must stay

Couldn't score at Tynecastle though :smug:

Hit the post IIRC, thought he was one of their better players that night

Griezmann announces he is staying at Atletico Madrid next season..due to the transfer ban they have he feels it would be unfair to leave..how sweet though perhaps nice cover for being told by the club that he can't leave this summer.

Griezmann announces he is staying at Atletico Madrid next season..due to the transfer ban they have he feels it would be unfair to leave..how sweet though perhaps nice cover for being told by the club that he can't leave this summer.

I don't think Atletico would have a choice as it's well known that Griezmann has a release clause in his contract so if a club meets it he can leave. He's probably just being loyal....with perhaps a nice pay rise to reward his loyalty?

bauld willie

In Scotland Griffiths is perfectly adequate but I think Rogers is looking bigger than that. He will be judged by Champions League performances and Griffiths isn't good enough for that company.

It is really is worrying all this money they seem to be raking in and it will not mange life any easier for us.

Lucille's Thirsty

Borini to Celtic. Relegation release clause.

Dembele for Griffiths is a no brainer IMO.

Dembele has the better potential and talent it must be a big offer if Celtic are willing to let him go when all you have is Griffiths who's a good player at SPFL Level.

If Rodgers is considering getting Borini in to replace Dembele is quite frankly disgraceful Borini is a terrible player and even in a league with Celtic running away with it he won't be up to much.

rudi must stay

Celtic in advanced talks to sign Patrick Roberts on a permanent basis.

**** Is all that can be said with that news. Top player

Lucille's Thirsty

Celtic in advanced talks to sign Patrick Roberts on a permanent basis.

Celtic prepared to pay ?5M what a deal he's a terrific player!

Rangers manager Pedro Caixinha has flown back to Glasgow accompanied by Portuguese pair Fabio Cardoso and Dalcio.

Caixinha was spotted boarding a flight from Lisbon to Glasgow as he moves closer to adding the two new signings ahead of pre-season training.

Defender Cardoso, 23, signed a four-year deal with Primeira Liga outfit Vitoria de Setubal last year.

Benfica forward Dalcio, 21, is expected to sign on loan for the Ibrox side.

Caixinha has already added 35-year-old defender Bruno Alves and former Aberdeen captain Ryan Jack to his squad, while Mexican midfielder Carlos Pena arrived in Glasgow last week for talks.

Rangers begin their Europa League campaign on 29 June.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/40154488

Archived