The non Hearts Transfer Rumours/Signings thread

CJGJ

It's a topic about non Hearts transfers ffs.

My name is celebrating an outstanding former player

Former Rangers player also

:whistling:

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
DxB Hearts

Not sure why everyone is getting their pants wet over a 35 year old who got released from a mid table seria A team.

Might have been class in the past but there's a very good chance that he'll be very slow and is just looking for one last pay cheque.

Clint Hill was by far their best defender last year and he's gone. They better hope Alves is another freak that can still pay when he's 37, which is insanely rare.

I'd take Berra every single day of the week.

Sent from my SM-G925F using Tapatalk

vegas-voss

Alves the guy that took out the England player with the horrendous tackle ?

If so he will get to do it unpunished here.

Not sure why everyone is getting their pants wet over a 35 year old who got released from a mid table seria A team.

Might have been class in the past but there's a very good chance that he'll be very slow and is just looking for one last pay cheque.

Clint Hill was by far their best defender last year and he's gone. They better hope Alves is another freak that can still pay when he's 37, which is insanely rare.

I'd take Berra every single day of the week.

Sent from my SM-G925F using Tapatalk

Sometimes you gotta just hold up your hands and say "what a signing".

Deemed good enough to get into the Portuguese Euro 2016 winning squad, his pedigree speaks for itself.

I guarantee you that if we'd signed Alves half of this board would have been on here slating Levein for handing out contracts to players that are over the hill or saying he was just here to pick up one last wage!

Why is it many of our fans do nothing but criticise everything we do, but praise the activity of our competitors?

Prince Buaben

Whats wrong with his tackle? :ninja:

Seriously though.. Should do okay here. although will he be on big bucks?

Deemed good enough to get into the Portuguese Euro 2016 winning squad, his pedigree speaks for itself.

Means very little. Tziolis was good enough to get a game in Greece's last WC Qualifier....

Alves is a top player, his age is an indication again of what is available to scottish teams. Nobody is going to be signing players in their prime.

On the other thread but Ian black been released from Blackpool

Would you have him back

Howdy Doody Jambo

Would you have him back

Yes

The Internet

Would you have him back

Only if we can get Sergio back too. Otherwise, definitely not.

Of course.  Agreed by the SPFL and written into his contract. Did you expect something different?

The Internet

Also think Alves is a good signing for Rangers. Reckon he'll ragdoll most strikers up here. Really hope Scott Brown tries a square go with him too.

Seymour M Hersh

Alves. He'll be in the Niko Kranjar, Joey Barton scale of effectiveness I suspect.

socrates82

Alves. He'll be in the Niko Kranjar, Joey Barton scale of effectiveness I suspect.

They keep repeating the same self-harming behaviour. Sign a "big name" for loads of cash. Big name flops and disappears once he realises it's not the nice holiday he hoped for in the Scottish league (i.e. after a couple of good games early on that has the press salivating over them).

Bazzas right boot

Christie- Aberdeeen

GMS/ Ambrose- Hibs

If we end up signing randoms while teams like hibs and Aberdeen can get these types I'm gonna combust.

Bazzas right boot

Alves is a good signing.

He's a good name.

35, not used to the Scottish game on about 15-20k/ week. ... Rangers just don't learn.

Alves is an outstanding signing. Slagging him

Off because he's mid table Italian too league whilst saying they would rather have Berra mid table bottom English championship? Wired to the mood. That boy should stroll Scottish football.

He's a good name.

35, not used to the Scottish game on about 15-20k/ week. ... Rangers just don't learn.

Yet you are happy with Aaron Hughes?

Jambo 4 Ever

Christie- Aberdeeen

GMS/ Ambrose- Hibs

If we end up signing randoms while teams like hibs and Aberdeen can get these types I'm gonna combust.

All 3 of those players would be a great addition to our squad.:. Who will we end up with I wonder

Bazzas right boot

Yet you are happy with Aaron Hughes?

Not unhappy, we needed someone like him.

Ranger's have had a couple of signings on significant money that have failed.

Krankjar, Barton, sendros all spring to mind, pick a number between ?40-?60k a week for that lot.

They also had hill.

Hughes is a relatively cheap alternative with a good pedigree.

We also don't relay on soft loans.

They are signing very old players and are losing money. That was my point, they are continuing to do it, it would seem.

Sad I had to explain that on a Hearts forum, to a Hearts fan, but crack on have a go at our player to justify that mobs signing?

socrates82

Christie- Aberdeeen

GMS/ Ambrose- Hibs

I'm sure they're looking at us signing Berra and thinking the same. Hibs will no doubt raid Celtic reserves for loans again. As for Ambrose - dearie me what a bombscare. Christie I'd take as he's now back at Celtic.

Rudolf's Mate

Didn't realise Atletico were appealing a transfer ban. Lost the appeal and can't sign anyone until 2018.

City have also (supposedly) signed Ederson (keeper) from Benfica.

Morgaro Gomis

Ambrose is shite. God knows why they are getting their cheapies over him.

Because he was good for them last season. They forget that he had no pressure on him at all last year. Ambrose is a solid enough defender it's his bombscare moments which ruin him, those moments come when he is put under pressure.

He was good last year, not sure he will be this year.

Because he was good for them last season. They forget that he had no pressure on him at all last year. Ambrose is a solid enough defender it's his bombscare moments which ruin him, those moments come when he is put under pressure.

He was good last year, not sure he will be this year.

It wasn't even a year either, it was a couple of months against plumbers and bakers. Ready made bombscare in the next derby assisting Lennon on losing his shit big time. On paper it looks a good signing but we all know he's a disaster zone.

Jambo 4 Ever

Ambrose is shite. God knows why they are getting their cheapies over him.

Many on here were happy for him to sign for us last season when we were linked to him though!

As already pointed out, Ambrose is a good defender, especially at this level in scotland. He just so happens to have a bombscare moment in him every few games.

Bowmans_Boot

Jack signs for the Huns

I would have loved him to have signed for us. Very good player.

Jambo 4 Ever

Jack signs for the Huns

Rangers are doing some decent work in the transfer market that's for sure!

Rangers are doing some decent work in the transfer market that's for sure!

People said the same last season.

Van Dijk to city for 50 million, wonder what sell on clause celtic have in there.

10% apparently

Ryan Jack automatically becomes a complete *****.

now also a scotland regular, it will be part of the contract.

Lucille's Thirsty

I wouldn't mind a return for Alexander he's better than Hamilton.

Man C are signing some top players that's Silva,Ederson,Mendy and Van Dijk all within sight.

I have a feeling Van Dijk will go to Liverpool though.

Archived