***Potential signings/Transfer rumours Thread***

Bring Back Paulo Sergio

An ITK poster earlier mentioned another Berra type player who wants to come back to Scotland and who was willing to drop his wage down to do so.

Just putting this out there, seemingly Steven Naismith is negotiating a release from Norwich as he is desperate to come back to Scotland as I think his kid is near school age.

He's from Stewarton but he burned his bridges with der Hun as he walked away when they went belly up. Obviously if he comes back killie would be closest club but wonder if he'd fancy a punt with us.

even if he fancied it, which I doubt. His wages would be way out of our reach.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Replies 11.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

You're comparing an engineering apprenticeship to an U21 International pro footballer?

Purely to suit your agenda of your club wanting SN without stumping up the readies. If you can't afford him, or won't pay the fee, that's fine. Sam & Hearts appear to have other options.

Absolutely. This seems to be why our resident codheid is going down this line of argument.

On the subject itself, the aces are all with the player rather than the club these days, why would you want to tip the balance further in favour of the player?

Escobar PHM

You're comparing an engineering apprenticeship to an U21 International pro footballer?

Purely to suit your agenda of your club wanting SN without stumping up the readies. If you can't afford him, or won't pay the fee, that's fine. Sam & Hearts appear to have other options.

Hearts have NO option as far as Sam Nicholson is concerned. He isn't contracted and isn't a Hearts player anymore.

Interesting stuff.

Assuming JH hasn't requested 13, it is very interesting especially if Noring is 31.

KineticBeat

It must means one of three things:

i) We are looking to bring in a first team keeper

ii) We've told Hamilton and Noring that they are in competition to become #1 and no one is allowed to wear it until the decisions been made. 

iii) Hamilton is still 1st choice but for some reason wanted #13 instead

Hearts have NO option as far as Sam Nicholson is concerned. He isn't contracted and isn't a Hearts player anymore.

Hearts options are:

1. Get nowt if SN goes to the USA

2. Hold out for full development fee if he stays in UK.

3. Agree reduced development fee with a club as per Jason Holt

4. Go to a tribunal.

Obviously depends on where / who Sam ends up with but it's not completely cut & dried as to what Hearts would do.

The thread is about who Hearts might sign but ends up with discussion on SN going to Aberdeen. So we now have Aberdeen transfer rumours in one thread, chat about Aberdeen signing one of our players in another thread as well as this one.  

Escobar PHM

Hearts options are:

1. Get nowt if SN goes to the USA

2. Hold out for full development fee if he stays in UK.

3. Agree reduced development fee with a club as per Jason Holt

4. Go to a tribunal.

Obviously depends on where / who Sam ends up with but it's not completely cut & dried as to what Hearts would do.

None of those are OPTIONS, they are possible outcomes for stuff that is mostly beyond our control, and all beyond our control until Nicholson signs for someone.

Maroonblood22

None of those are OPTIONS, they are possible outcomes for stuff that is mostly beyond our control, and all beyond our control until Nicholson signs for someone.

Points 2, 3 and 4 that he listed are all OPTIONS as and when Sam signs for someone else. Simple really.

Escobar PHM

Points 2, 3 and 4 that he listed are all OPTIONS as and when Sam signs for someone else. Simple really.

Point 2. Get the full development fee. yes we will get that automatically if Nicholson signs for a club outwith Scotland or the US. His choice. Nothing to do with us and therefore not something we have an OPTION about.

Point 3. Agree a reduced development fee. An OPTION for us ONLY if Nicholson signs or agrees to sign for for a Scottish club. Again, his choice, we have no option there and cannot block such a signing.

Point 4. Go to tribunal. Again, only if Nicholson signs for a Scottish club. His choice, nothing to do with us, and we'd have to have rejects Point 3 first.

gorgieheart

So, getting back on Topic !

Billy Paynter spotted in Greggs on Gorgie Road, purchasing a Mexiccan Chicken Oval bite, apple juice and bag o wotsits, with a yum yum for afters !

He is on his way...  the number 9 jersey is still up for grabs

Barndoor Billy to grab that spot !

So, getting back on Topic !

Billy Paynter spotted in Greggs on Gorgie Road, purchasing a Mexiccan Chicken Oval bite, apple juice and bag o wotsits, with a yum yum for afters !

He is on his way... the number 9 jersey is still up for grabs

Barndoor Billy to grab that spot !

nip intae the Koffee Pot. That's where all the transfer gossip is.

Lord Beni of Gorgie

Point 2. Get the full development fee. yes we will get that automatically if Nicholson signs for a club outwith Scotland or the US. His choice. Nothing to do with us and therefore not something we have an OPTION about.

Point 3. Agree a reduced development fee. An OPTION for us ONLY if Nicholson signs or agrees to sign for for a Scottish club. Again, his choice, we have no option there and cannot block such a signing.

Point 4. Go to tribunal. Again, only if Nicholson signs for a Scottish club. His choice, nothing to do with us, and we'd have to have rejects Point 3 first.

Semantics

One of the worst threads I've seen on here. Can we keep it to possible signing rumours? Already a Nicolson thread.

Nobody seems to be mentioning that there are moves afoot to force the USA into line with the rest of the FIFA countries as regards development fees. Could this be why the move to the States appears to be cooling ?

Lord Beni of Gorgie

yes indeed, but factually accurate

You know what he is saying though :lol:

Escobar PHM

You know what he is saying though :lol:

Yes of course, but he is giving the illusion we have some sort of control over what Nicholson does next, and we have none at all. We cant block him signing for whoever he wants, be that Aberdeen, the US or anywhere else.

I have a feeling we will hear a klaxon before the week is out.

A little booster for ST sales

Would it be outwith the realms of possibility we see Freddie Woodman at Hearts?

Hate to tread the well worn line of linking us with Newcastle players BUT

He knows the league and performed well for a (frankly) rubbish Kilmarnock side and would highly unlikely to be in the toon first team picture but has just won the u20 World Cup in Korea (saving a penalty in the final)

Cathro obviously on good terms with Benitez as we have the friendly coming up

With Jack and Victor being given 13/31 squad numbers there is place for a keeper, and whilst we can be (kickback) linked with Allan McGregor or whoever else I haven't seen Woodman mentioned to date.

Perhaps not a blockbuster signing but can't say I would be too gutted if we got him

RustyRightPeg

He knows the league and performed well for a (frankly) rubbish Kilmarnock side and would highly unlikely to be in the toon first team picture but has just won the u20 World Cup in Korea (saving a penalty in the final)

With Jack and Victor being given 13/31 squad numbers there is place for a keeper, and whilst we can be (kickback) linked with Allan McGregor or whoever else I haven't seen Woodman mentioned to date.

Perhaps not a blockbuster signing but can't say I would be too gutted if we got him

He did well for Killie and was excellent for England in the 20s WC. Wouldn't surprise me if there's eyes down south on him though and I even read a rumour the other day that he wanted to go back to Killie (hope not).

Was on the Newcastle chronicle merely one day ago saying he would fight for his place at Newcastle. The fact he thinks he is in with a sniff of first team football and is a young English prospect would price him way, way out our reach

Lord Beni of Gorgie

Yes of course, but he is giving the illusion we have some sort of control over what Nicholson does next, and we have none at all. We cant block him signing for whoever he wants, be that Aberdeen, the US or anywhere else.

Not directly but insisting on maximum buck will be off putting for Scottish club's

Cat Stevens

An ITK poster earlier mentioned another Berra type player who wants to come back to Scotland and who was willing to drop his wage down to do so.

Just putting this out there, seemingly Steven Naismith is negotiating a release from Norwich as he is desperate to come back to Scotland as I think his kid is near school age.

He's from Stewarton but he burned his bridges with der Hun as he walked away when they went belly up. Obviously if he comes back killie would be closest club but wonder if he'd fancy a punt with us.

I think this could be Steven Fletcher...

IveSeenTheLight

Not directly but insisting on maximum buck will be off putting for Scottish club's

I agree.

Hence my question that if more and more clubs do this, then I would not be surprised if an individual (as Bosman did) challenges this as it discriminates the individual for joining another employer when no longer under contract.

Take the emotions of SN and Aberdeen out of it, I was referring to any player in the future who may find themselves in this position.

Jambo, Goodbye

McInnes tried to get Nicholson when you guys were relegated and his dad convinced him to stay to get more game time with Hayes in the picture, but was seen as the long term replacement.

Last season, we all expected Hayes to leave, but he stayed another year.

Its entirely possible that this is resurrected now Hayes has left

If Nicholson needed "convinced" to stay with us when we arguably needed him most then suddenly I'm feeling a little better about him leaving.

Escobar PHM

If he's having trouble getting a club in Scotland because of the possible fee, then theres a reason for that he might have to think about.

We should be looking for the maximum possible obviously. If we're sending little messages to Aberdeen telling them we'll be looking for the max development fee then I assume they will go to the tribunal thinking they will get him for less, or they just wont sign him.

Any - Off Topic seems to be upsetting peoples ordered little lives so we'll leave it there.

There's Ameobi signed for Notts County.

That's Shola, older brother of Sammy, who is now interesting Leicester City

That's Shola, older brother of Sammy, who is now interesting Leicester City

So it is. Saw the name and jumped to conclusions!

Firstly I would guess we have no chance of getting Woodman on a permanent transfer and if we signed him on loan that would be a real slap in the face to Hamilton.  I could see him accepting a seasoned keeper like McGregor from whom he could learn but to play 2nd fiddle to a keeper 3 years younger could totally undermine his confidence and what message would that send to other of our academy prospects.

As it happens Newcastle have several other keepers who if it weren't for the wages would be decent loan signings.  Sels seems to be on the way out but in addition to Woodman they have Darlow, Krul and Elliott, all very capable keepers.

babertonjambo

This could be one of the most important pieces of transfer business done this summer if we can get him off the wage bill.

Selkirk_Jambo

Depends how much we need to pay to get him to go.

Anyway, my feeling is well hear a klaxon early next week. That's usually when people get paid and those swithering will have a greater likelihood to buy a ST if they get good news and have a healthy bank balance

Rudolf's Mate

I don't mean this in a nasty way but I'd genuinely be willing to put money into a fund if it was outwith our price range to get rid now.

As long as they're Still Game to play for us

Hagar the Horrible

:laugh:

You can always rely on the Record!

Could Juwon Oshaniwa's Hearts nightmare finally be coming to an end? Transfer latest http://bit.ly/2sNMlmt 

Should read Hearts Juwon nightmare coming to an end.  This is why the printed press are dead,  good ridance

I don't mean this in a nasty way but I'd genuinely be willing to put money into a fund if it was outwith our price range to get rid now.

I still think he will take a bit of shifting, probably looking for most of his years salary[emoji45]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Isn't that what Pie & Bovril is for?

Probably but it's just a shit forum in general so I can't be arsed with it, I think people who don't disguise what team they support and give opinions from their point of view are a good thing, it's interesting to hear people's opinions on certain things who aren't Hearts supporters.

...a bit disco

Probably but it's just a shit forum in general so I can't be arsed with it, I think people who don't disguise what team they support and give opinions from their point of view are a good thing, it's interesting to hear people's opinions on certain things who aren't Hearts supporters.

Fair enough.

:thumbsup:

Stupid Sexy Flanders

I agree, even a decent Hibby or two would be a good addition to the board.

The Future's Maroon

Just as big as signing Berra, get him tae **** and free up him substantial wage.

The Future's Maroon

I agree, even a decent Hibby or two would be a good addition to the board.

I used to help run a forum, which was for all Scottish teams and we had fans from all teams on board, it worked well and as mentioned sometimes it's good to hear a point of view NOT wearing maroon tinted glasses like we all do.

I have no problem with other teams fans frequenting here, as long as they are here to add to discussions and not to troll.

Archived