***Potential signings/Transfer rumours Thread***

Bring Back Paulo Sergio

IveSeenTheLight

Getting back to being a condescending prick without anything to back it up. Every visit from the tube goes the same way

Not at all.

You tried to get me to bite earlier, but I'm wise to your ways

4e20c75ecde92eb607d74d526c668dc5_XL.jpg

• Replies 11.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Lord Beni of Gorgie

Not at all.

You tried to get me to bite earlier, but I'm wise to your ways

4e20c75ecde92eb607d74d526c668dc5_XL.jpg

Delusional

sairyinthat

Btw it's not JC that's the agent. He was a director for the company, but it's someone else that's the agent. He does despise Levein.

Romanov had many faults, but he was certainly spot on with agents. Parasites!

Simple solution to  that just Ban the agent concerned from entering Tynecastle at any time and inform the agency in future the club will not deal with them or Any of their reps on our property.

kingantti1874

Worldwide football forums are full of speculation, rumour and conjecture.. If your looking for facts forums aren't the best media.. Many people enjoy the odd shred of information and more than once it's proven to be correct well before the media has hold of it.

Not sure why folk get so upset tbh.. Bizarre..

Heartsofgold

Any chance we can keep this thread on track regarding potential new signings and not about players we might lose??  They have separate threads for that shite.

Heartsmad1874

Why is this Aberdeen fan constantly posting on a Hearts forum???

Weird behaviour, Do Aberdeen not have their own forum? And if you want to engage with other fans use Pie and Bovril.

Weird behaviour, Do Aberdeen not have their own forum? And if you want to engage with other fans use Pie and Bovril.

I don't get it either.

If he'd declared a Hearts supporting family background, perhaps, or even evinced a wee soft spot for the club, I could understand but no...over 1k posts, many of which descend into condescension and/or bickering with Jambos.

Not my call, obviously, but if it were, he'd be launched.

hmfc_liam06

Getting this thread back on track; does anyone think we will make a signing this week?

Yes.

jamboinglasgow

Getting this thread back on track; does anyone think we will make a signing this week?

I am going to say no, next signing will be in July I reckon.

I am going to say no, next signing will be in July I reckon.

That may prove to much for some.

We_are_the_Hearts

It's all went a bit quiet. Big Craig must be more focussed on Royal Ascot this week. Maybe get back on the signing trail next week. :2thumbsup:

johnking123

Most contracts are up on 1st of July. That's including our own players. Will be trying to save a bit money.

Most contracts are up on 1st of July. That's including our own players. Will be trying to save a bit money.

Saving money how?

johnking123

Costs money to sign players on pre contracts. We will still be paying wages to Greek pair and the rest.

The Treasurer

You don't know what famous is ;)

I'm not inferring the ball is in our court.

IF it's true then I'm only suggesting I doubt Aberdeen would be willing to pay the full development fee and strike up a discussion with Hearts for Nicholson on a compromised, agreed between two clubs, fee.

I think that there is a risk if you play hardball, it sets a reputation of your club and may not be beneficial in the long run.

There seems a desire for you developed players to want away (Patterson, McGhee, Nicholson, Walker)

I think a better long term strategy is to maximise the benefit during the time and show you are reasonable when the time is right for a player to move on.

Since when has wanting paid the full development fee as per the agreement signed by all clubs, seen as "playing hard ball" ?

It's seems clear that the sheep are wanting to sign a player but not willing to meet the required asking price.

Whether they are involved in this cynical ploy by his agent using a move to he US to try and force us with a "better to get a small fee than none at all"  situation, I've no idea.

The fact remains, Hearts are not in a position to have to sell and if SN ends up not having a club then he needs to have a word with his agent, not HMFC

Costs money to sign players on pre contracts. We will still be paying wages to Greek pair and the rest.

It does? First I've ever heard of that hence the word pre before contract.

I don't get it either.

If he'd declared a Hearts supporting family background, perhaps, or even evinced a wee soft spot for the club, I could understand but no...over 1k posts, many of which descend into condescension and/or bickering with Jambos.

Not my call, obviously, but if it were, he'd be launched.

He's probably one of the better posters on here, funnily enough, I actually wish there was more fans of other teams on here to discuss things in a reasonable manner like he does, it makes for a more interesting discussion, there's too many bitter wee men on here for that to happen though.

Rudolf's Mate

This has been done to death. Most don't have an issue with him posting however some do. Those that do, if they just didn't bother responding to his posts it would probably wouldn't wind some others up as much, who then get involved as well.

I can see it from both sides tbh but if it annoys you that much don't respond to his posts.

TheExecutive

They are contracted up to end of June.

No they ain't. They were contracted until 31st of May. Can't tell you how I know this but you'll just need to take my word on it.

Dalstonjambo

Can you explain this? This is the first time i've ever heard this.

Lord Beni of Gorgie

31st May was the obvious date. They were not needed to play any games in May. Surprised anyone would have thought different to be honest

Lord Beni of Gorgie

Can you explain this? This is the first time i've ever heard this.

Would imagine it's incentive to commit earlier

Dalstonjambo

Would imagine it's incentive to commit earlier

Potentially - but given the poster is also saying we are still paying players who's contracts expired 3 weeks ago I'd be interested to know his logic.

johnking123

Sorry. Was going by English market. They normally finish 30th of June. But as for pre contract. There tends to be extra administrative costs.

Bazzas right boot

He's probably one of the better posters on here, funnily enough, I actually wish there was more fans of other teams on here to discuss things in a reasonable manner like he does, it makes for a more interesting discussion, there's too many bitter wee men on here for that to happen though.

Exactly, the Aberdeen lads and Mitch added to the debate.

Don't like them, don't respond.

Far too  many bitter wee  laddies on here that cannot help but derail most threads and turn them into arguments.

I'd say that hibs, rangers and celtic fans might have difficulty, the rest should be fine.

Sorry. Was going by English market. They normally finish 31st of June. But as for pre contract. There tends to be extra administrative costs.

That's highly unlikely

Lord Beni of Gorgie

Potentially - but given the poster is also saying we are still paying players who's contracts expired 3 weeks ago I'd be interested to know his logic.

Ah...gotcha

Lord Beni of Gorgie

Exactly, the Aberdeen lads and Mitch added to the debate.

Don't like them, don't respond.

Far too many bitter wee laddies on here that cannot help but derail most threads and turn them into arguments.

I'd say that hibs, rangers and celtic fans might have difficulty, the rest should be fine.

I would say the guy was being a knob myself as he frequently is. Some of the posters in conflict are far from being bitter.

Why would anyone be bitter with an Aberdeen fan?

If I want to read about Aberdeen I will jog on over to their site as I very infrequently would sister thumping dot net.

...a bit disco

Isn't that what Pie & Bovril is for?

Sorted lol

Sorry but could not resist.

Actually, although a contract could stipulate any date, I always thought that generally it was the end of June in England and a month earlier in Scotland..

IveSeenTheLight

Since when has wanting paid the full development fee as per the agreement signed by all clubs, seen as "playing hard ball" ?

Ok, maybe not the right wording.

What I meant was that I doubt Aberdeen would value Nicholson at the reported 400K - ?450K development fee.

We are simply not in that market place.

You have guys on here also doubting he is worth that.

Now it appears that there is an option for SN that means Hearts get nothing, hence there could be an opportunity to reach a compromise

It's seems clear that the sheep are wanting to sign a player but not willing to meet the required asking price.

Agreed, I doubt Aberdeen would be in the market to pay the reported development fee for SN.

There are rumours there is a significant fee being paid for another player, hopefully to be announced this week.

The fact remains, Hearts are not in a position to have to sell and if SN ends up not having a club then he needs to have a word with his agent, not HMFC

I agree, Hearts hold the cards in this situation.

They get to choose to accept an offer or not.

Is the ruling just a European one regarding the development fee?

One thing that I've just wondered is when a Bosman mark II challenges the current application of the ruling citing that the development fee is actually ageist and against employment law.

Why should a player be restricted of whom they can sign for when out of contract?

Ok, maybe not the right wording.

What I meant was that I doubt Aberdeen would value Nicholson at the reported 400K - ?450K development fee.

We are simply not in that market place.

You have guys on here also doubting he is worth that.

Now it appears that there is an option for SN that means Hearts get nothing, hence there could be an opportunity to reach a compromise

Agreed, I doubt Aberdeen would be in the market to pay the reported development fee for SN.

There are rumours there is a significant fee being paid for another player, hopefully to be announced this week.

I agree, Hearts hold the cards in this situation.

They get to choose to accept an offer or not.

Is the ruling just a European one regarding the development fee?

One thing that I've just wondered is when a Bosman mark II challenges the current application of the ruling citing that the development fee is actually ageist and against employment law.

Why should a player be restricted of whom they can sign for when out of contract?

They are not restricted but the new club will be liable to pay the development fee. Any potential suitor will know that as clubs have signed up to this system.

IveSeenTheLight

They are not restricted but the new club will be liable to pay the development fee. Any potential suitor will know that as clubs have signed up to this system.

I understand that, but there are quite a few issues regarding how the fee is calculated.

Clubs in Scotland, (outwith the gruesome twosome) cannot afford the fees, yet it is sweetie money for other clubs in other leagues.

The fee (related to the age) then becomes discriminatory.

Can you imagine a young person, serving an apprenticeship, going on to become an Engineer and then being told at 23 that they cannot move to another company unless there is a fee paid to the current club.

It's not happened yet, but I wouldn't be surprised if at some time this ruling could be challenged under employment law rules.

Tony Soprano

I understand that, but there are quite a few issues regarding how the fee is calculated.

Clubs in Scotland, (outwith the gruesome twosome) cannot afford the fees, yet it is sweetie money for other clubs in other leagues.

Can you imagine a young person, serving an apprenticeship, going on to become an Engineer and then being told at 23 that they cannot move to another company unless there is a fee paid to the current club.

It's not happened yet, but I wouldn't be surprised if at some time this ruling could be challenged under employment law rules.

Why isn't this conversation in the Nicholson thread?

Allowayjambo1874

An ITK poster earlier mentioned another Berra type player who wants to come back to Scotland and who was willing to drop his wage down to do so.

Just putting this out there, seemingly Steven Naismith is negotiating a release from Norwich as he is desperate to come back to Scotland as I think his kid is near school age.

He's from Stewarton but he burned his bridges with der Hun as he walked away when they went belly up. Obviously if he comes back killie would be closest club but wonder if he'd fancy a punt with us.

You're comparing an engineering apprenticeship to an U21 International pro footballer?

Purely to suit your agenda of your club wanting SN without stumping up the readies. If you can't afford him, or won't pay the fee, that's fine. Sam & Hearts appear to have other options.

Archived