***Potential signings/Transfer rumours Thread***

Bring Back Paulo Sergio

Very much doubt that.

I'd be guessing ?100k - ?150k

Ok why that figure? Genuine question. How is it worked out?

Anything is obviously better than the nada we'd get from a US move!

• Replies 11.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Thought Police

Very much doubt that.

I'd be guessing ?100k - ?150k

Don't think you get a say in how much compensation needs paid

IveSeenTheLight

Ok why that figure? Genuine question. How is it worked out?

Anything is obviously better than the nada we'd get from a US move!

Just my finger in the air guess.

Doubt you would accept lower say ?50k - ?100k.

Doubt we would pay much higher.

If there is a compromise to be reached, I'd hazzard closer to the ?100k as your about to lose him for nothing anyway.

Bowmans_Boot

Yeah if he is available we should be moving heaven and earth to sign him. Fantastic player with a great attitude. Shame theres a good chance we'd probably be priced out straight away.

As soon as "transfer fee" is stated then we are pretty much priced out. Once the new stand is completed.......

the big show

I'm sure poster Armageddon could clear this up he seems to be friends with Sam?

NOT sure if there is anything in it but what i can tell you is before our pre season friendly at ST. Andrews with Aberdeen Nicholson was speaking to McCinnes and a couple of the dons coaches before and after the game , ok there might not be nothing in it but a thought it seemed strange at the time .

Escobar PHM

You do if its club to club in the same country

IveSeenTheLight

If there is an agreement between clubs, it doesn't need to go for a tribunal, just like the McGinn St Mirren to Hibs deal.

If a compromise cannot be achieved, then he'll go elsewhere

So I presume we are not signing Ali Crawford, Conor Newton, Paul McMullen, Nicky Devlin and whoever else has gone off the radar since the thread began?

Still hope Paul Caddis is in the picture though. Tough wee player who could play anywhere across the midfield with a bit of bite.

Morgaro Gomis

If there is an agreement between clubs, it doesn't need to go for a tribunal, just like the McGinn St Mirren to Hibs deal.

If a compromise cannot be achieved, then he'll go elsewhere

Correct, however if it were to go to a tribunal and Aberdeen didn't withdraw, we'd get awarded far more than 150k.

Stevie May is statistically the most prolific Scottish striker of his generation. (All be it many of those goals were for Alloa)

Personally id be absolutely delighted if we signed him!!

Sadly I think he is outwith our reach.

If it doesn't work out this year for him he could potentially be tempted to come back up the road next year I reckon, will be a free agent too if he doesn't earn a new deal. Gave the impression he is in no rush to come back up here though and he'd probs still have options down south if it doesn't work out at PNE

Escobar PHM

Correct, however if it were to go to a tribunal and Aberdeen didn't withdraw, we'd get awarded far more than 150k.

They wont take that chance. They might have to pay +?300k as Nicholson has been with us a long time.

I imagine we're looking at the thick end of ?200k which is better than whats on the table right now it appears.

IveSeenTheLight

NOT sure if there is anything in it but what i can tell you is before our pre season friendly at ST. Andrews with Aberdeen Nicholson was speaking to McCinnes and a couple of the dons coaches before and after the game , ok there might not be nothing in it but a thought it seemed strange at the time .

McInnes tried to get Nicholson when you guys were relegated and his dad convinced him to stay to get more game time with Hayes in the picture, but was seen as the long term replacement.

Last season, we all expected Hayes to leave, but he stayed another year.

Its entirely possible that this is resurrected now Hayes has left

Lord Beni of Gorgie

McInnes tried to get Nicholson when you guys were relegated and his dad convinced him to stay to get more game time with Hayes in the picture, but was seen as the long term replacement.

Last season, we all expected Hayes to leave, but he stayed another year.

Its entirely possible that this is resurrected now Hayes has left

Significant downgrade then. Sam is probably more talented actually, but sadly lacks the heart drive and determination of Hayes. Thus his talent is wasting. He wont last long in McInnes run all day regime. Unfortunately most of these kids post promotion have not carried on the hard work. Shame really.

Slightly off topic but does anyone know the story re Gary Locke and Hibs?

Must be a wind up, shirley.

Why go to Aberdeen? They will be getting pumped next season....

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Who by?

Even if we got ?100k out of them as a development fee, that would be a good bit of business. He would've went to America and we would've got nothing.

Which was the whole point of the American adventure so that his agent can say, "look you can lose Sam for nowt or accept a reduction in the development fee". Hearts should / will tell them to bolt.

Slightly off topic but does anyone know the story re Gary Locke and Hibs?

Must be a wind up, shirley.

Gary Locke hates Hibs

End of story

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk

Which was the whole point of the American adventure so that his agent can say, "look you can lose Sam for nowt or accept a reduction in the development fee". Hearts should / will tell them to bolt.

If this is the way his agent is playing it, I agree with Hearts taking a strong line. Rather get nothing than be pissed around. Who is his agent btw?

If this is the way his agent is playing it, I agree with Hearts taking a strong line. Rather get nothing than be pissed around. Who is his agent btw?

Key Sports Management - same as Callum.

Can't help thinking there is a conflict of interest between our DoF & JC.

Full development fee for Nicholson or no deal. Couldn't care less if Minnesota is supposed to be a bluff. If Sam's agent doesn't like it, he can send his client back Stateside.

Who by?

The jamtarts

That occurred to me, cynic that I am. Would be tempted to let a tribunal sort it out if it comes to that.

Bring Back Paulo Sergio

That occurred to me, cynic that I am. Would be tempted to let a tribunal sort it out if it comes to that.

Didn't it occur to you that Aberdeen won't offer him a contract unless they can come to an agreement beforehand on compensation? No one is paying over 400k for him haven't you worked that out?

Didn't it occur to you that Aberdeen won't offer him a contract unless they can come to an agreement beforehand on compensation? No one is paying over 400k for him haven't you worked that out?

Yes. That's why there's an 'if' in my post. Happy to help.

Sent from my SM-A310F using Tapatalk

I posted this on the Nicholson thread on 29th May.

Not ITK but his agent might be using MLS (no development fee) as a bargaining chip to negotiate down the ?400K that we are due from any UK clubs.

Just a thought....

Bring Back Paulo Sergio

Yes. That's why there's an 'if' in my post. Happy to help.

Sent from my SM-A310F using Tapatalk

Think about it.

Think about it.

IF true, there's a degree of brinksmanship being played. This may well all have been designed to get Hearts to accept a lower amount of compensation rather than the reported ?400k we could/should get. If this has occurred to you, me and other posters, I'm going to go out on a limb and hazard a guess that it's occurred to Hearts. So it seems to me that Hearts have options. We can, as you suggest, agree a fee. Or we can decide we're not going to be manipulated in that way. At which point, the ball is back on the other side of the net. Aberdeen can either step away, or they can take the player and let a tribunal sort it out.

Just imo as I don't have the in depth level of knowledge of these affairs.

IveSeenTheLight

IF true, there's a degree of brinksmanship being played. This may well all have been designed to get Hearts to accept a lower amount of compensation rather than the reported ?400k we could/should get. If this has occurred to you, me and other posters, I'm going to go out on a limb and hazard a guess that it's occurred to Hearts. So it seems to me that Hearts have options. We can, as you suggest, agree a fee. Or we can decide we're not going to be manipulated in that way. At which point, the ball is back on the other side of the net. Aberdeen can either step away, or they can take the player and let a tribunal sort it out.

Just imo as I don't have the in depth level of knowledge of these affairs.

I'd agree with your fellow poster.

No contract offer would be made unless there is an agreement with the clubs.

Aberdeen would not be offering ?400k for Nicholson or risk it going to a tribunal

Aberdeen would not be offering ?400k for Nicholson or risk it going to a tribunal

That's the most likely situation. But what happens if a fee isn't agreed? Sam ends up in Minnesota after all?

Your not famous anymore, neither are Rangers.

If they want Walker, they'll have to stump up. If you want Nicholson, you'll have to pay the development fee - or wait until he comes back from America. The ball is not in your court here.

IveSeenTheLight

That's the most likely situation. But what happens if a fee isn't agreed? Sam ends up in Minnesota after all?

Possibly, else there are rumours that Barnsley or Bristol City are interested.

Key Sports Management - same as Callum.

Can't help thinking there is a conflict of interest between our DoF & JC.

Is it not John Colquoun that's their man up here ?

IveSeenTheLight

Your not famous anymore,

You don't know what famous is ;)

If you want Nicholson, you'll have to pay the development fee - or wait until he comes back from America. The ball is not in your court here.

I'm not inferring the ball is in our court.

IF it's true then I'm only suggesting I doubt Aberdeen would be willing to pay the full development fee and strike up a discussion with Hearts for Nicholson on a compromised, agreed between two clubs, fee.

I think that there is a risk if you play hardball, it sets a reputation of your club and may not be beneficial in the long run.

There seems a desire for you developed players to want away (Patterson, McGhee, Nicholson, Walker)

I think a better long term strategy is to maximise the benefit during the time and show you are reasonable when the time is right for a player to move on.

IF it's true then I'm only suggesting I doubt Aberdeen would be willing to pay the full development fee and strike up a discussion with Hearts for Nicholson on a compromised, agreed between two clubs, fee.

I think that there is a risk if you play hardball, it sets a reputation of your club and may not be beneficial in the long run.

There seems a desire for you developed players to want away (Patterson, McGhee, Nicholson, Walker)

I think a better long term strategy is to maximise the benefit during the time and show you are reasonable when the time is right for a player to move on.

Listen, Sheepy. We showed we were reasonable when dealing with TRFC with Holt so you can ram your concern about our reputation. While I'm at it, you can also shove what you think is a "better long term strategy" for the Heart of Midlothian Football Club.

Definitely trying to fill the void left by the deid Rangers. You'll be calling us "Provincial" next.

JC = John Colquhoun

Much as I liked him as a player and I know he is doing the best for his players he is starting to get right under my skin with this running down the contract malarkey. Add to that the sell on clause as is he is doing a great favour somehow .

It's all about opinions but he is really starting to grind my gears

You mean the same as your guys like fraser,fyvie,jack & grimmer??

We 100% should not make it easy for players to walk to rival clubs. We made a mistake letting Holt go to Rangers for way under what we were entitled to shouldn't do the same with Sam. Different if they're going to another league

Stupid Sexy Flanders

Implying*.

What a bore this thread has become. Wake me up when something decent happens; off to watch some tennis.......

Lord Beni of Gorgie

Listen, Sheepy. We showed we were reasonable when dealing with TRFC with Holt so you can ram your concern about our reputation. While I'm at it, you can also shove what you think is a "better long term strategy" for the Heart of Midlothian Football Club.

Definitely trying to fill the void left by the deid Rangers. You'll be calling us "Provincial" next.

Getting back to being a condescending prick without anything to back it up. Every visit from the tube goes the same way

IveSeenTheLight

You mean the same as your guys like fraser,fyvie,jack & grimmer??

All players move on.

Jack Grimmer Jan 2012

Fraser Fyvie July 2012

Ryan Fraser Jan 2013

Ryan Jack June 2017

4 different transfer windows over 5 1/2 years, where we came to an agreement with the respected clubs (Jack exception as outwith age for development fee) and allowed to move on

The guys I mentioned in your squad all want to leave in the same window and your trying to hold back.

Btw it's not JC that's the agent. He was a director for the company, but it's someone else that's the agent. He does despise Levein.

Romanov had many faults, but he was certainly spot on with agents. Parasites!

Btw it's not JC that's the agent. He was a director for the company, but it's someone else that's the agent. He does despise Levein.

Romanov had many faults, but he was certainly spot on with agents. Parasites!

Who's the agent?

IveSeenTheLight

Fair enough, you did agree a deal with SevCo for Holt.

I thought that was because you didn't want him and had loaned him out deeming he was not good enough.

Listen, I'm not trying to be putting Hearts down as both our clubs should be looking to attract, develop and sell on young players.

Sometimes players can spend too long at a club and benefit from moving away.

Ryan Fraser could be an optimal example of developing more elsewhere than he would likely do at Aberdeen.

So it was in his interests to move on.

We 100% should not make it easy for players to walk to rival clubs. We made a mistake letting Holt go to Rangers for way under what we were entitled to shouldn't do the same with Sam. Different if they're going to another league

Holt did go to another league!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Archived