***Potential signings/Transfer rumours Thread***

Bring Back Paulo Sergio

But what are we trying to achieve here? Maintain progress on and off the park or just have bragging rights on our neighbours

Money doesn't always equate to success. We are a fine example of that given SMG money fiasco and vlad era

We need to remain positive that right targets are being chased and we are ready for first competitive matches

Again I really would not concern myself with what others are doing and here is why

Aberdeen have an ageing squad which has been propped up by good recruitment from beginning of mcinnes era. McLean and Lewis aside the last two years of transfer activity has not been great

Rangers continue to overspend and will have a similar issue to our last window were they are left with an army of players not familiar with this style of football and no leaders left from squad already there to integrate new players

Hibs have so far signed Swanson who like Liam Craig could end up being a player who finds the step up in club size too much, Simon Murray who has no proven premiership experience and ambrose who has 10 mistakes in him a season

Excellent post.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Replies 11.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Ryan Jarman

Is there any evidence at all that Hearts were/are interested in Steven Whittaker?

The 'ITKers' & Sweetie wives on this thread. Thats it. 

Lord Beni of Gorgie

Is there any evidence at all that Hearts were/are interested in Steven Whittaker?

We definitely were. 

Could be worse, I remember when we signed David Winnie

Skippy Doodle

I can only go on what I've heard from one or two who work with the club that we did reach out to him but that was a while back

We definitely were. 

Could be worse, I remember when we signed David Winnie

I thought he was a good signing at the time. 

The days of Gary Lockes Dad telling everybody on Bonnyrigg high street who were signing are over,let's just admit nobody has a scoobie who were after or who we are talking to,folk sulking cos the vermin have signed fat boy and the ginger Muppet from Dundee United need to calm it,id be gutted if that's the standard were after.

bauld willie

I think she was referring to the wage budget which. does not mean that any funds received for players moving on will be included in that.

So for example if we sold Walker and Djoum for say ?1m and got another ?600k for Paterson and Nicholson that does not mean that the ?1,6m goes into the "kitty" to bring in new players.

Possibly but this is just an assumption you have floated. The truth is we don't know beyond what she actuality said.

Possibly but this is just an assumption you have floated. The truth is we don't know beyond what she actuality said.

You seem to be the master of assumptions.

Prove me wrong by not running away more from the questions I asked you earlier.  To refresh your memory, they are in italics below

And how do you know it has impacted?  Do you know what amount was earmarked for player budgets?  If not, what is your point? Do you know if there are better and younger players waiting in the wings that we would prefer to spend money on instead of Whittaker?  I suspect not. 

Quantity is factual, quality is something you cannot guarantee until they have played a few games.  I could name many players who started off well and faded; and many who looked crap to start with and did very well.  In short I recommend that you hold fire on your criticism for a little while longer no matter who we sign.

bauld willie

Other than trying to provoke yet another argument with someone, what are you going on about!

It was Budge who incinuated that the new stand would not impact player budgets, not me. I simply relayed it here. I also said and there is no reason to doubt her.

As for quality over quantity. The rule of thumb is, is you pay peanuts you get monkeys. Sometimes you get lucky with a Sow, most of the time you get baggage.

Jambo 4 Ever

The days of Gary Lockes Dad telling everybody on Bonnyrigg high street who were signing are over,let's just admit nobody has a scoobie who were after or who we are talking to,folk sulking cos the vermin have signed fat boy and the ginger Muppet from Dundee United need to calm it,id be gutted if that's the standard were after.

fat boy?

The people attempting sarcasm at fans showing anxiety need to be slightly more aware/accepting of the situation with a grim latter half of last season after two poor transfer windows and with a thin squad being managed by a manager whose job seems to many observers to be on the line. We have in most cases renewed our season tickets in the hope of things picking up and could do with some concrete decent news. I accept we may well be waiting to see who we can sell but as we need a quick start to the season it would be good to see evidence of that being addressed.

The_razors_edge

Rangers have moved to sign Walker, according to the EEN.

They don't want him enough to meet our valuation though I see.

Rangers have moved to sign Walker, according to the EEN.

Can't afford Dorrans, think they can get Walker cheaper.

Can't afford Dorrans, think they can get Walker cheaper.

1 million up front

Cheerio

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk

siegementality

That's over a year old. A lot can happen in that time especially in football.

Has she said anything to contradict it since?

Id rather we took our time and got who we want at the rate we want. The only thing making me anxious is this thread!!! Think this is my last look at it! Pretty sure if theres solid info on a signing it'll get its own thread.

So predictable. Anybody who doesnt like the way our business is being conducted must be a hobo. Post count is irrelevant.

1. You are.

2. No, we have gloom and doomers..stop trying to hide behind them.

3. No it's not.

Should have kept quiet and blended in. Your bold reply suggests you have been here before and your reply is rehearsed.

Lastly...all the undercover names you could come up with and that's It? :lol::lol:

How long were you sitting on your sisters bed thinking of that one??

Quickest out in history.

:fth:

bauld willie

We would surely get around ?400,000 development fee of he goes at the end of his contract, so selling him to Rangers for their suggested ?500,000 is not really helping us. ?800,000 minimum.

Morgaro Gomis

We would surely get around ?400,000 development fee of he goes at the end of his contract, so selling him to Rangers for their suggested ?500,000 is not really helping us. ?800,000 minimum.

Given he'd be 24 by the time he is free to move out of contract we aren't entitled to any development fee for Walker.

We wouldn't he will be too old at the age of 24 come next season.

We would get nothing at the end of his contract as the JW would be too old to meet the development fee rules.

Five to One

Forest buy Cummings for 1m, Rangers bid 500k for Walker. Am I getting dates mixed up? Is it April 1st?

heartmussel

O'Halloran will probably be part of any deal.Walker wont play for us again.

bauld willie

That's an interesting thought and must be a distinct possibility.

Wasn't good enough for Rangers last year, would he improve us... Probably

I would be happy with that. Good player for St Johnstone but wasted at Sevco. If the guy is realistic wages might not be an issue. He's not going to get better elsewhere.

Austin Jambo

1. You are.

2. No, we have gloom and doomers..stop trying to hide behind them.

3. No it's not.

Should have kept quiet and blended in. Your bold reply suggests you have been here before and your reply is rehearsed.

Lastly...all the undercover names you could come up with and that's It? :lol::lol:

How long were you sitting on your sisters bed thinking of that one??

Quickest out in history.

:fth:

Nice one you must think you are important around here. Ive no intention of blending in with the happy clappers and I wont be going anywhere. Roaster.

Barrie McKay are harry forrester don't seem to be in the new managers plans. Maybe throw in one of them for the deal to get Walker

Nice one you must think you are important around here. Ive no intention of blending in with the happy clappers and I wont be going anywhere. Roaster.

Oh dear princess. Your reply says it all.

I'll give you 30 posts.

All roads lead to Gorgie

If he is better than the moody and inconsistent Walker then I would be happy to take him.

the_jailer, on 14 Jun 2017 - 3:20 PM, said:

Barrie McKay are harry forrester don't seem to be in the new managers plans. Maybe throw in one of them for the deal to get Walker

Barrie McKay? b.b.b.b but he's worth millions :tiny:

People forget we have had to bring in over ?12m over the cost of running the club to build a new stand in only a couple of years, once that is out of the way and the new stand starts making addition revenue, we could have an extra couple of ?million to spend on playing staff, appart from Celtic that would make us very strong indeed

Your right, a couple of years of stability (mediocre league positions) I think is on the horizon. As long as we as a support stick with it then the financial boost the stand & FOH contributions will give once Mrs Budge paid off allied to our youths hopefully coming through the ranks, we'll be in a very healthy place.

FINGERS CROSSED :)

Pasquale for King

I don't see how a club with an average attendance of 15,500 people paying more money in a higher league and getting more TV money and sponsorship money and retail sales, and with no debt, has ended up with a lower player budget than one with considerably less revenue. ?

Sooner or later we are going to have to speculate to accumulate. This austere living within your means stuff is great if your recruitment and development short and long term is bang on. Our isn't, not by a long way and we'll have to fix it short term by spending a bit of cash, otherwise the spiral is only going one way.

I don't think we do though, they have a team full of championship players on wages befitting that level, their wage bill went down in 2015/6. They will be able to offer 3 new guys higher wage than us but that will cause problems. I don't want Whittaker to be honest and can't see them wanting him either as Gray is a decent player.

Austin Jambo

Hearts need a 'square-go' coach. Mate, hand in your CV. Get these lads up for next season.

I think Cathro needs some of it as well. Can't imagine him firing up the players somehow but you never know. A bit of passion in the players goes a long way to forgiving their shortcomings.

Hadn't read this thread in a while.

Got a PJ & Duncan song going around in my head now.

TatteredPettyAlaskajingle-size_restricte

We need signing news asap :lol:

Archived