***Potential signings/Transfer rumours Thread***

Bring Back Paulo Sergio

Can't believe Scott Allan has ended up at Dundee.

I mean he's no world beater but he could easily slot into our midfield and offer far more creativity and drive than any others bar Cowie possibly.

Dundee ffs.

• Replies 11.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hopefully gives the funds to buy Stewart

Seems very strange the dandies even contemplating additions at a time they are losing a manager as effectively the potential addition would be sanctioned from board room level almost, plus the player himself signing for a club where he doesnt know who his manager will be...

Bizarre...

Aberdeens main players and manager away, new manager might not see much of the funds.

Sevco with a bunch of foreign nobodies and a new head coach, we've seen how that can turn out.

If we get recruitment right we can have a good season, big if obviously.

You really don't keep up with the news do you

Aberdeen now have 3 very wealthy people on board with the latest having just sold his company for over ?567 million...he has also stated he is willing to invest several million so perhaps they might manage some player spending.....oh and with ?1.3 million from the sale of Hayes(and Christie on loan) with another ?1 million for compensation for their manager I think that's a fair sum without even talking about any extra spending

IveSeenTheLight, on 14 Jun 2017 - 6:27 PM, said:

Hopefully gives the funds to buy Stewart

Thought Michael Stewart had retired?

The Old Tolbooth

I'm just hoping we have a few signings to unveil for the strip launch on Friday as the new season is literally only a month away from kicking off with the League Cup, and players will need time to gel.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Heartsmad1874

Can't believe Scott Allan has ended up at Dundee.

I mean he's no world beater but he could easily slot into our midfield and offer far more creativity and drive than any others bar Cowie possibly.

Dundee ffs.

Shame to see such a talented player go to someone like Dundee instead of us, Maybe we wanted him permanently and Celtic weren't willing to give him to us permanently and would have rathered a loan deal.

Heres hoping we can find better though.

Heartsmad1874

Shame to see such a talented player go to someone like Dundee instead of us, Maybe we wanted him permanently and Celtic weren't willing to give him to us permanently and would have rathered a loan deal.

Edit double post

davemclaren

Celtic wouldn't want to sell him to a close rival. ;)

All roads lead to Gorgie

Celtic wouldn't want to sell him to a close rival. ;)

Dundee might be closer to them at this rate. :sob:  :sunny: 

maroonlegions

We are doomed! I tell you all, Doomed! :)

Agree just shut the thread doon, bin the scarf  cancel the new stand and go watch pole dancing burds instead.  :17:

Ferryjambo99

Agree just shut the thread doon, bin the scarf cancel the new stand and go watch pole dancing burds instead. :17:

Let's not get into another debate about poles...

Bungalow Bill

So if Allan is at Dundee, it must be safe to assume we weren't in for him, surely...

For what's it's worth I'd have liked to have signed him.

maroonlegions

Let's not get into another debate about poles...

Was there a debate on polish pole dancing burds.... :arry:

:woot:

Others " swoop" with the pace of a peregrine falcon whilst we are more owl like keeping us in the dark and going for small prey. :tiny:

Eagle owls take on bigger prey the peregrines you never watch Attenborough......just saying

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Hagar the Horrible

Scott Allan was apparently the best player in the Championship for the best team in the league....The one that finished 30 points behind us, and stayed down?  he then went to celtic made 3 starts and was invisible the whole time?  I could not pick him out of a line up of plague victims with bad acne. I don't think he was even considered apart from some fantasists on here, or at best wishful thinkers. 

Good signing for Dundee, but I best he only does well against Hibs

maroonlegions

So if Allan is at Dundee, it must be safe to assume we weren't in for him, surely...

For what's it's worth I'd have liked to have signed him.

On the contrary from Smeltic then to  Dundee, has he no ambition , good riddens i say, dont want players with that attitude and mind set at the mighty HMFC,, FTH. 

Just to get it out the way...

I've heard we're signing Scott Allan in January.

Aw eff it. And next summer.

Bring Back Paulo Sergio

Just to get it out the way...

I've heard we're signing Scott Allan in January.

Aw eff it. And next summer.

Sticky please mods.

It feels like every thread involves square goes getting offered now [emoji23]

The club should start organising the square goes and charging punters to watch, make some money out of it.

If your offering a square go on a forum I doubt you can fight keep your money for the cash cow

Whittaker is a cracking signing for Hibs I just don't see where he fits in with Gray. I would pmsl if Whittaker was a replacement for Gray.

I'd read the other day lafferrt was off to a team in Azerbaijan

How he'd just spent a few days in Baku with N.Ireland and liked it

Yes it was Qarabag I heard.

Everybody Loves Baz!

Is there any evidence at all that Hearts were/are interested in Steven Whittaker?

Spoke to his Dad this morning. Looks like he may well be going to Hibs. We offered more money, but after the hassle he got when he moved to the Huns (people shouting at him in the street when he was back home) - he can't be bothered going through all that shit again.

He's still with Norwich till the 28th and currently on holiday till then. When he gets back he'll have a decision to make.  We're not out of it yet for definite, but his dad has resigned himself to watching Hibs again next season lol.

Spoke to his Dad this morning. Looks like he may well be going to Hibs. We offered more money, but after the hassle he got when he moved to the Huns (people shouting at him in the street when he was back home) - he can't be bothered going through all that shit again.

He's still with Norwich till the 28th and currently on holiday till then. When he gets back he'll have a decision to make. We're not out of it yet for definite, but his dad has resigned himself to watching Hibs again next season lol.

Now that's ITK

Everybody Loves Baz!

Now that's ITK

Definitely, I work beside him.

Apparently face timing his Dad tonight.

I got a bit wrong though, he gets back from holiday on the 28th but is signed with Norwich till the 30th.

Can we agree that Scott Allen is never mentioned again now

Surely a 24hr cool down period after signing......could still be ours

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Bazzas right boot

I think Dundee got Allan, because they "swooped".

Teams that "swoop" get their men.

C'mon Hearts, get swooping!

I doubt Scott Allan was ever a target

Certainly looks that way. Our basic is double theirs so not sure why he would choose Dens over us especially when he is an ex-United player.

Bazzas right boot

Can we agree that Scott Allen is never mentioned again now

If anything, it will be even more intense next season, if he has a good season for Dundee, we'll be in for him,,,,,,,

Bazzas right boot

Certainly looks that way. Our basic is double theirs so not sure why he would choose Dens over us especially when he is an ex-United player.

cough, ex hibs and celtic lad  chose's team x over Hearts.............. shocker?

Bowmans_Boot

He is on loan so will still get the same wage, no?

siegementality

He's still with Norwich till the 28th and currently on holiday till then. When he gets back he'll have a decision to make.  We're not out of it yet for definite, but his dad has resigned himself to watching Hibs again next season lol.

Not doubting you for a minute but Whittaker not signing for us because some Hibby might give him snash is a pretty lame reason. I take it he knows he'll get dogs abuse from some Hearts fans for turning us down in favour of them? He might have to run away and greet a fair bit.

Bazzas right boot

Not doubting you for a minute but Whittaker not signing for us because some Hibby might give him snash is a pretty lame reason. I take it he knows he'll get dogs abuse from some Hearts fans for turning us down in favour of them? He might have to run away and greet a fair bit.

TBF, he's already earned his crust, maybe he's not wanting the extra hassle for the sake of a few pennies.

If I was loaded, I'd probably get another job that paid less, but with less responsibility ( in fact I will once my mortgage has gone). Maybe hes thinking along he same lines.

Or Maybe, hibs made a swoop. Players can't refuse when a club swoops.

Everybody Loves Baz!

Gogs just said he's soft like that and can't be bothered with that shit anymore.

Word for word that was the convo.

I actually think the abuse was when he left for Norwich from the Huns, it happened then too.

His Dad also said at the time of moving to Norwich it was his choice as he was thinking of staying and dropping down the divisions, the finished with saying he glad he moved as his career would've stagnated just like Lees (Wallace I presumed he was talking about)

Anyway, doubt away but that was the blether today at the work.

Bazzas right boot

He is on loan so will still get the same wage, no?

ah, he's on loan.

Be at us when his contract is up........

Captain Canada

Dundee are being linked with Blair Spittal now as well. I think we should be going for him, especially as he's out of contract.

siegementality

Gogs just said he's soft like that and can't be bothered with that shit anymore.

Word for word that was the convo.

I actually think the abuse was when he left for Norwich from the Huns, it happened then too.

His Dad also said at the time of moving to Norwich it was his choice as he was thinking of staying and dropping down the divisions, the finished with saying he glad he moved as his career would've stagnated just like Lees (Wallace I presumed he was talking about)

Anyway, doubt away but that was the blether today at the work.

I'm not doubting you. Just glad Hearts are not signing him. I'd hate to watch him going in for a 50/50 tackle knowing he gets upset if someone shouts a bad word at him.

Cruyff Turn

It's a little bit worrying that players who are available and known quantities to us are heading off in other directions, especially when it had been said we were looking to sign players from these islands. Bit worried, not panic stations yet and no where near mouth frothing level.

It's a little bit worrying that players who are available and known quantities to us are heading off in other directions, especially when it had been said we were looking to sign players from these islands. Bit worried, not panic stations yet and no where near mouth frothing level.

Most of these known quantities are either old or have failed. They have also been on wages far above our top whack so I can understand our reluctance to get involved. Stewart would maybe be the exception but not bothered about not signing Allan or Whittaker for example.

As far as I am aware as far back as the last day of the season he was always looking like Hibs and I posted that on the Whittaker thread at the time to get people saying otherwise.

At that time he spoke to Hearts and Hibs and Milwall then showed an interest. From what I was told was he was impressed by what Lennon had to say despite being offered less money.

And posted at the time it was info via someone at PMPR so no reason to doubt that info.

Cruyff Turn

Most of these known quantities are either old or have failed. They have also been on wages far above our top whack so I can understand our reluctance to get involved. Stewart would maybe be the exception but not bothered about not signing Allan or Whittaker for example.

Nor me but if we signed all 3 you'd have to say they would be decent signings and certainly improve the squad. Obviously we'd love players of an even higher standard but I mean, these guys were clearly available.

What I'm saying though isn't really that they are great players or good players. It's that these players were or are available to us, they are decent players and we don't seem to be interested enough to push the boat out for any of them, not only that but they are improving other sides in our division.

So it begs the question, who are we looking to sign? Either they must be better or we just aren't offering what Hibs and Dundee can, which is worrying to me.

There is of course plenty of time to bring players in, perhaps tomorrow we might but I'm a bit anxious about next season with the lack of interest so far.

Archived