***Potential signings/Transfer rumours Thread***

Bring Back Paulo Sergio

Jambo_in_Hamilton, on 14 Jun 2017 - 09:48 AM, said:

Who with?

And any chance of him extending his contract do you think?

More chance of James Forrest extending his neck me thinks

• Replies 11.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Austin Jambo

Austin Hobo -........

New member - 4 posts - all on the transfer topic - all negative

You really got us fooled -runaway back to your cave there's a good boy.

So predictable. Anybody who doesnt like the way our business is being conducted must be a hobo. Post count is irrelevant. I see your brain capacity only allows you to disagree with a post by insulting people. I will join you in this and suggest you are part of the happy clapper brigade.

Unknown user

So predictable. Anybody who doesnt like the way our business is being conducted must be a hobo. Post count is irrelevant. I see your brain capacity only allows you to disagree with a post by insulting people. I will join you in this and suggest you are part of the happy clapper brigade.

Five posts in but you know the politics of the place...

Suggest what you like.

I appear to not be the only one who thinks it.

Whatever I am part of, its being a HEARTS SUPPORTER. - you should try it,much  better than your current allegiance.

Will Sir Tom not want a cut of that, they're still due him ?5m. Hibs have a long way to go to have a bigger budget than us I'm afraid, even with Levein refusing to pay anyone more than he gets. Their turnover was ?3 less than ours in their best season in years. Crowds last season were up from 2016 but not that much to overtake us.

http://www.hibernianfc.co.uk/news/6904

?3 isn't much though.  :sunny:

Escobar PHM

Suggest what you like.

I appear to not be the only one who thinks it.

Whatever I am part of, its being a HEARTS SUPPORTER. - you should try it,much  better than your current allegiance.

Pretty sure we have a moderating team and a reporting system and an ignore function for this kind of thing. Gets kind of repetitive seeing it every day on every thread.

Skippy Doodle

The point isnt in anyones opinion of the quality or otherwise of the player. I think he'd improve us in the right back area for what its worth but it barely even matters.

The point is its a really bad thing if we seriously wanted Whittaker, or any other player for that matter, and he went to Hibs instead. Frankly that has implications I don't like. If we cant compete with Hibernian over players and win hands down, then we've fallen pretty far in the last 2 years.[/quote

I think it's a tad over dramatic to look at one case and decide that our rivals now represent a more attractive package

At the moment we do need to be realistic and accept that we will have the 5th biggest budget next season and that hibs at the moment are seen to be on the up down to having more positive noises coming from mainstream media

I am confident that by staying loyal to inconsistent league perfomers their season will be a very underwhelming one

We need to be patient this window and let's start judging it once we see our first eleven and squad for first league cup tie in a months time

Gimme an H...

Souleymayne Coulibali wants a return to Rugby Park after leaving Egypt...

Him and Isma up top would be sexual.

Escobar PHM

At the moment we do need to be realistic and accept that we will have the 5th biggest budget next season and that hibs at the moment are seen to be on the up down to having more positive noises coming from mainstream media

I don't see how a club with an average attendance of 15,500 people paying more money in a higher league and getting more TV money and sponsorship money and retail sales, and with no debt, has ended up with a lower player budget than one with considerably less revenue. ?

Sooner or later we are going to have to speculate to accumulate. This austere living within your means stuff is great if your recruitment and development short and long term is bang on. Our isn't, not by a long way and we'll have to fix it short term by spending a bit of cash, otherwise the spiral is only going one way.

rudi must stay

Wouldn't be devastated if it happened but I think there's better out there, Coulibaly to me seems way overrated. Great player apparently, but when he played v Hearts he did nothing and Killie where in the bottom 6

Escobar PHM

Bit of a lack of ambition on his part wanting back to Rugby Park. I'd go as far as to say he can get a far better club than we are. Maybe he likes the pies ?

In the Robbo leaving interview he says "there's a strong recruitment drive this year" think the club are well on top of things.

Just watched a vid on FB with Robbo saying his farewells. Mentions in it there is a big recruitment drive going in right now. Also an announcement on FB about the 2 young lads signing deals so plenty of social media activity so far today. I think things will pick up pace soon.

I don't see how a club with an average attendance of 15,500 people paying more money in a higher league and getting more TV money and sponsorship money and retail sales, and with no debt, has ended up with a lower player budget than one with considerably less revenue. ?

Sooner or later we are going to have to speculate to accumulate. This austere living within your means stuff is great if your recruitment and development short and long term is bang on. Our isn't, not by a long way and we'll have to fix it short term by spending a bit of cash, otherwise the spiral is only going one way.

No chance.

Is Isma going to Killie then?

Skippy Doodle

There are two big factors we are more missing out here

1. The main stand redevelopment having a factor

2. Although they did not have premiership revenue, their average crowd last year was in line with ours and they have had some great cup runs which brings added competition and merchandise revenue

Lord Beni of Gorgie

I think we're relying upon selling out the new 20k stadium as much as possible, with the high end corporate boxes and hospitality bringing in a lot of revenue, even on non-match days. And a conveyer belt of youth players, some who'll get sold for large figures.

Not come to fruition yet, but sounds a more stable plan than relying upon investors throwing money at the club.

We'll see.

It's the old chestnut though.

If Hearts are toiling behind Hibs it's going to be very bad news. So the quality is going to have to arrive. If it doesn't ambition is going to be questioned rightly or wrongly.

Personally I worry she believes having a nice afternoon with chums will be fine so long as results are not too bad

Gimme an H...

Is Isma going to Killie then?

I was suggesting that we tap him up before he signs for Killie, Davy.

From the limited times I've seen him play he's impressed and would compliment Isma, IMO.

Fortunately it matters little whether you see or not.  We are not Hibs.  We don't want to be Hibs. We want to run a safe ship and speculating to accumulate won't guarantee that.  We did that before and it ended in tears.  If other clubs want to live beyond their means, good luck.  Now toddle off.

Escobar PHM

Fortunately it matters little whether you see or not.  We are not Hibs.  We don't want to be Hibs. We want to run a safe ship and speculating to accumulate won't guarantee that.  We did that before and it ended in tears.  If other clubs want to live beyond their means, good luck.  Now toddle off.

Any real need for your last remark ? Are you 'someone' important here ?

Any real need for your last remark ? Are you 'someone' important here ?

Was there any need for your post when any true Hearts supporter will know we are building a new stand as well as trying to put a team on the field.  We may have to take short term pain for long term gain.  Is that not sensible or should we just chase any Tom, Dick or Harry in the market place?  Get real!

Regarding point 1. In my opinion the fans will continue to support FOH beyond paying Ann back and that will fund any stand shortfall.

The danger is that if the product on the park is rubbish the attendances will start to drop and FOH subs also and then a season from now you've got 10K fans in a 20K stadium and even less money to invest in the playing budget.

It strikes me this is a bit like Tory austerity. You can go all out austere to reach where you want to be financially or you can continue to invest and take a little longer to get there, which allows you to maintain standards, in our case on the playing side

Also, every penny we bring in in transfers should be invested back into the squad.

2. Although they did not have premiership revenue, their average crowd last year was in line with ours and they have had some great cup runs which brings added competition and merchandise revenue

I was suggesting that we tap him up before he signs for Killie, Davy.

From the limited times I've seen him play he's impressed and would compliment Isma, IMO.

I know I was just having a laugh. It was the way you worded it that encouraged me to make my comment, I knew what you meant.

Escobar PHM

Were we not specifically told that the main stand was being financed without impacting on player budgets ? Our average was still 1000 per game higher than theirs. They had a cup winning run that scored them a maximum of half a million pounds. We made up that gap with SPFL prize money and tv money and we've also just scored ?400k for a player.

Being behind them in any way shape or form is bad for business, bad for morale, bad for the future, and if we are suddenly behind them in a few aspects the top priority above everything else must be to balance it.

Escobar PHM

Was there any need for your post when any true Hearts supporter will know we are building a new stand as well as trying to put a team on the field.  We may have to take short term pain for long term gain.  Is that not sensible or should we just chase any Tom, Dick or Harry in the market place?  Get real!

Get over yourself mate. I have an opinion. Just deal with it without the playground antics. Whats this true Hearts supporter shite your flinging at me ?

bauld willie

Was there any need for your post when any true Hearts supporter will know we are building a new stand as well as trying to put a team on the field. We may have to take short term pain for long term gain. Is that not sensible or should we just chase any Tom, Dick or Harry in the market place? Get real!

Budge did say the new stand would not impact player budgets and there is no reason to doubt her.

Players will come, but will they be quality over quantity? Here's hoping.

Regarding point 1. In my opinion the fans will continue to support FOH beyond paying Ann back and that will fund any stand shortfall.

The danger is that if the product on the park is rubbish the attendances will start to drop and FOH subs also and then a season from now you've got 10K fans in a 20K stadium and even less money to invest in the playing budget.

It strikes me this is a bit like Tory austerity. You can go all out austere to reach where you want to be financially or you can continue to invest and take a little longer to get there, which allows you to maintain standards, in our case on the playing side

Also, every penny we bring in in transfers should be invested back into the squad.

That is the point I made some time ago that if we were not careful we would end up going down the route that Hibs did.

They concentrated funding into improving their ground to the detriment of their playing squad and look how long it has taken them to get back to the SPFL.

We seem to be still selling a reasonable number of season tickets and at least that money is secure for this season.

However if we don't make some really good signings and empty out the deadwood to enable us to make a good start to the season then we could be in a bit of bother.

The last thing any of us want is for the club to saddle themselves with massive debt however it would help if we at least had some assurances that any revenue generated by the sale of players will be ploughed back into the playing squad.

So far as I am aware this has never been stated by AB she only said that the wage budget would not be affected which is different.

Get over yourself mate. I have an opinion. Just deal with it without the playground antics. Whats this true Hearts supporter shite your flinging at me ?

The true Hearts supporter thing was a general comment.  Why are you so upset?

Were we not specifically told that the main stand was being financed without impacting on player budgets ? Our average was still 1000 per game higher than theirs. They had a cup winning run that scored them a maximum of half a million pounds. We made up that gap with SPFL prize money and tv money and we've also just scored ?400k for a player.

Being behind them in any way shape or form is bad for business, bad for morale, bad for the future, and if we are suddenly behind them in a few aspects the top priority above everything else must be to balance it.

I know it's the Sun but this is what they reported the other day.

FIFA rules mean Hearts will receive around ?300,000 from the Welsh side in training compensation for the Scotland international.

Skippy Doodle

But what are we trying to achieve here? Maintain progress on and off the park or just have bragging rights on our neighbours

Money doesn't always equate to success. We are a fine example of that given SMG money fiasco and vlad era

We need to remain positive that right targets are being chased and we are ready for first competitive matches

Again I really would not concern myself with what others are doing and here is why

Aberdeen have an ageing squad which has been propped up by good recruitment from beginning of mcinnes era. McLean and Lewis aside the last two years of transfer activity has not been great

Rangers continue to overspend and will have a similar issue to our last window were they are left with an army of players not familiar with this style of football and no leaders left from squad already there to integrate new players

Hibs have so far signed Swanson who like Liam Craig could end up being a player who finds the step up in club size too much, Simon Murray who has no proven premiership experience and ambrose who has 10 mistakes in him a season

Escobar PHM

The true Hearts supporter thing was a general comment.  Why are you so upset?

I'm not in the least upset. Wiping you off my shoe as we speak.

Gimme an H...

I know I was just having a laugh. It was the way you worded it that encouraged me to make my comment, I knew what you meant.

:pleasingao:

Escobar PHM

I know it's the Sun but this is what they reported the other day.

FIFA rules mean Hearts will receive around ?300,000 from the Welsh side in training compensation for the Scotland international.

yes I saw that. Other outlets (the EEN in particular) reported way back that it was closer to ?400k we would get.

Budge did say the new stand would not impact player budgets and there is no reason to doubt her.

And how do you know it has impacted?  Do you know what amount was earmarked for player budgets?  If not, what is your point? Do you know if there are better and younger players waiting in the wings that we would prefer to spend money on instead of Whittaker?  I suspect not. 

Quantity is factual, quality is something you cannot guarantee until they have played a few games.  I could name many players who started off well and faded; and many who looked crap to start with and did very well.  In short I recommend that you hold fire on your criticism for a little while longer no matter who we sign.

Have to disagree mate. Spending cash we don't have is only going to end one way. Whittaker played for Hibs. At his age he perhaps can't be arsed with the hassle that crossing the divide would bring. I'll start losing my shit once we know the team we have come the start of the season. Not before and certainly not when I hear a rumour that someone I don't even know we were after has gone to another team

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I think she was referring to the wage budget which. does not mean that any funds received for players moving on will be included in that.

So for example if we sold Walker and Djoum for say ?1m and got another ?600k for Paterson and Nicholson that does not mean that the ?1,6m goes into the "kitty" to bring in new players.

i always look forward to new signings. I imagine most will be underwhelmed on here no matter who we sign. I don't need to be overwhelmed just normal whelmed will be fine.

Agree

That is the point I made some time ago that if we were not careful we would end up going down the route that Hibs did.

They concentrated funding into improving their ground to the detriment of their playing squad and look how long it has taken them to get back to the SPFL.

We seem to be still selling a reasonable number of season tickets and at least that money is secure for this season.

However if we don't make some really good signings and empty out the deadwood to enable us to make a good start to the season then we could be in a bit of bother.

The last thing any of us want is for the club to saddle themselves with massive debt however it would help if we at least had some assurances that any revenue generated by the sale of players will be ploughed back into the playing squad.

So far as I am aware this has never been stated by AB she only said that the wage budget would not be affected which is different.

Escobar PHM

Have to disagree mate. Spending cash we don't have is only going to end one way. Whittaker played for Hibs. At his age he perhaps can't be arsed with the hassle that crossing the divide would bring. I'll start losing my shit once we know the team we have come the start of the season. Not before and certainly not when I hear a rumour that someone I don't even know we were after has gone to another team

Its a balancing act. Between financing the new stand and also making sure its a close to full as possible. For that to happen the results on the park need to be improved. For results to improve the squad has to improve, significantly IMO and that costs money. More money than we are currently spending on it.

We are speculating here because we've currently signed next to no-one and we need signings. I agree we need to be patient but some of the early signs and whispers don't fill me with confidence. No ones losing their shit though. We are allowed to discuss and express concern and hopes and fears are we not ?

Other teams stealing a march as usual.

Oh no, there's no internet rumours about Hearts signings so clearly we're not even bothering to try and sign people.

Oh no, there's no internet rumours about Hearts signings so clearly we're not even bothering to try and sign people.

Look mate! It's gone to 71 pages noo & no new big name signings so thats why we are peeved OK!

Totally different,there are no actual signings

I see the moaners sense they have something to crawl from under their rock for. Please come out when there is any evidence of said scenarios that you are all moaning about. No players, no budget, jobs stealing all our targets etc

This place has got the emotional stability of a 15yr old girl at the moment...

Harsh on 15 year old girls imo!

Totally different,there are no actual signings

Which is the exact same for Hibs, the team you think is beating us to signings!

Hagar the Horrible

People forget we have had to bring in over ?12m over the cost of running the club to build a new stand in only a couple of years, once that is out of the way and the new stand starts making addition revenue, we could have an extra couple of ?million  to spend on playing staff,  appart from Celtic that would make us very strong indeed

Its a balancing act. Between financing the new stand and also making sure its a close to full as possible. For that to happen the results on the park need to be improved. For results to improve the squad has to improve, significantly IMO and that costs money. More money than we are currently spending on it.

We are speculating here because we've currently signed next to no-one and we need signings. I agree we need to be patient but some of the early signs and whispers don't fill me with confidence. No ones losing their shit though. We are allowed to discuss and express concern and hopes and fears are we not ?

If you think no one is losing their shit you ain't read this thread bud. Whispers are just that tho. Based on past sensible decisions made by the club I'm pretty confident we will sign players who will improve us. It's not gonna be hard TBH. I think for every Berra there will be a punt like Stockton but I can well remember being well underwhelmed with Hartley or Cameron signing and they turned out lovely. It's the joy of being a Jambo. I just don't believe we have nothing going on behind the scenes which some on here seem to think. It goes

1. We're after someone/Someone has signed

2. No we ain't, I know him and he's going to (Insert team here)

3. Levein obviously interfering/No confidence in Cathro/Mad Budge too tight too loosen the purse strings

4. Repeat ad nauseum

Archived