***Potential signings/Transfer rumours Thread***

Bring Back Paulo Sergio

Unless he opts for the USA.

Off there next week I believe if he doesn't get an offer from Club in U.K. before then. One year contract. Back next summer looking for club over here with no Dev fee needing to be paid.

• Replies 11.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Think it's fair to say the number of players coming in depends on if we can sell Walker and Djoum

siegementality

If Berra, Stockton and the two other rumoured signings are it then the season will end around November for Cathro, talk about not giving the man a chance!

If I were him I'd be off now, save what reputation I still have. I certainly wouldn't be going into the new season with this squad, I'd leave that to CL given he's the one that has squandered our player budget on crap for the last two years.

Howdy Doody Jambo

If Berra, Stockton and the two other rumoured signings are it then the season will end around November for Cathro, talk about not giving the man a chance!

If I were him I'd be off now, save what reputation I still have. I certainly wouldn't be going into the new season with this squad, I'd leave that to CL given he's the one that has squandered our player budget on crap for the last two years.

Have you checked the calendar

its only mid June

A_A wehatethehibs

So looks like we're going to be promoting a few more youth team players then.

Slots on both wings, right back, centre mid and striker up for grabs. Have we got any good youth players?

This place has got the emotional stability of a 15yr old girl at the moment...

You overestimate the maturity levels on here, its more like 10 yr old schoolboys squabbling in a playground, asking each other to "prove it! Prove it!" Incessantly.

siegementality

Have you checked the calendar

its only mid June

Did you check the first word of my post?

Think it's fair to say the number of players coming in depends on if we can sell Walker and Djoum

By the time we sell them the decent players will be snapped up by other teams.

Look at the wages we have/will free up alone with all the players that have left.

I'm pretty confident we have a decent playing budget to work with.

Austin Jambo

I know, I mean who is that foreign guy Christophe Berra?

Yeah thats one player who we didn't have to work hard to get and even then if he is up against any pace he is in trouble. Things may change and we may get genuine quality in but as things stand we are in trouble.

So we're still believing outright what's posted on jkb?

One minute is 6 signings then it's 2 and that's it apparently.

:sweeet:

Dagger Is Back

This! Car crash of a thread which you're strangely drawn to.

Yeah thats one player who we didn't have to work hard to get and even then if he is up against any pace he is in trouble. Things may change and we may get genuine quality in but as things stand we are in trouble.

We would be in trouble if the season started soon. It doesn't so we are not.

Cruyff Turn

I used to scream 'get that **** off' when whittaker played for Scotland. Delighted hes joining the muppets.

Next!

This. He's feckin pony anyway.

Yes, no pace in that England team he struggled against.

We've only signed two players and neither are foreign or loanees.

That's the facts.

Your post is therefore mince.

:lol:

Prince Buaben

Whittaker is a good signing for anyone outside celtic imo

But he played wi hubz ken... so he must be shite... 

Did you check the first word of my post?

Have you checked when the team start training together? We should have most if not all of our signings in for the start of this so that they can get to know each other and be ready for the start of the season whcih is not that far away.

Off there next week I believe if he doesn't get an offer from Club in U.K. before then. One year contract. Back next summer looking for club over here with no Dev fee needing to be paid.

That will be his agent putting that idea into his head, he's not smart enough to work that one out for himself.

Hibs having money is a concern. Time to work hard on private investment

They got over a million for Cumdog and aren't in the middle of a big costly stadium job though.

Hobbos and trolls.

I did post on the Whittaker thread 10 days ago he was signing for them. Also on Sunday re Polish defender (not striker as most others posted). I also think we are working hard re Stewart but maybe clubs with more money have turned his head???

I think Notts is an excellent source of info but some of the rumours put on here are a joke tbh

Nookie Bear

Oh and these pipe dreams that we will be unveiling 4 new signings with the strip might need to be dialled in a bit folks.

The seethe will be immense when the new strip is modelled by Osh and Jamie Walker.

Pasquale for King, on 14 Jun 2017 - 01:18 AM, said:

Will Sir Tom not want a cut of that, they're still due him ?5m. Hibs have a long way to go to have a bigger budget than us I'm afraid, even with Levein refusing to pay anyone more than he gets. Their turnover was ?3 less than ours in their best season in years. Crowds last season were up from 2016 but not that much to overtake us.

http://www.hibernianfc.co.uk/news/6904

Think they pay him back at ?500k a year

Lol that's fairly obvious!  Does he have a flights book for the 21st or the 25th June? ;)

Even if we do have new players, any half decent Marketing Manager wouldn't throw all your news out there in one go.  You announce your players then a week later you announce your strip, it keeps the news flowing.

Nookie Bear

Even if we do have new players, any half decent Marketing Manager wouldn't throw all your news out there in one go.  You announce your players then a week later you announce your strip, it keeps the news flowing.

The release of the new strip has all the momentum of a Perry Kitchen break.

Teaser on Monday...teaser on Wednesday...release it on Friday.

gorgieheart

Amazing the amount of marketing experts, sales executives, architects , mathematical geniuses, football tacticians, on here...

you wouldthink they would all have high profile jobs to be getting on with, rather than having a slavering rant on a footy forum...

Just sayin

:biker:  :behead:

Hilary Briss

The people wetting themselves about Whittaker not signing should take a look at the re-runs of derby's in 05/06 season. He got ripped a new one in all the games we humped them in that season -  including semi. 

Decent going forward but suspect defensively. Granted, he has maybe improved that side with experience but no great loss IMO. Might have done a job but if he want to got hobos feck him.

Prince Buaben

The people wetting themselves about Whittaker not signing should take a look at the re-runs of derby's in 05/06 season. He got ripped a new one in all the games we humped them in that season -  including semi. 

Decent going forward but suspect defensively. Granted, he has maybe improved that side with experience but no great loss IMO. Might have done a job but if he want to got hobos feck him.

Look who he was up against playing for Hearts...  Rudi Skacel :ninja:

People wetting themselves probaly realise that Steven Whittaker would have improved what we had.. but he is going there. It probaly is the easier move for him.

Looks like our competitors are going for proven players while we scrape around with young loanees and unknown foreigners will we never learn. If we are getting beaten to signings by hibs it really is depressing and the fans are being taken for mugs yet again.

One young loanee and no foreigners.

4 posts eh?

I smell sh**e.

Look who he was up against playing for Hearts... Rudi Skacel :ninja:

People wetting themselves probaly realise that Steven Whittaker would have improved what we had.. but he is going there. It probaly is the easier move for him.

To be fair me and JamboGemz went undercover with the knuckle daggers at Ibrox a few years back and Templeton ripped him up for arse paper. Seemed genuinely beguiled by him and we all know that Temps was a one-trick pony.

Still think he would have been a decent signing if played at wing back but do feel there is better out there for the money he would be wanting.

As an aside, DO NOT ever go into Ibrox unless you are studying evolution and want to see what 15th century man looked like

Sent from my E6653 using Tapatalk

Austin Hobo -........

New member - 4 posts - all on the transfer topic - all negative

You really got us fooled -runaway back to your cave there's a good boy.  

Possible we are in negotiations Re walker at the minute and waiting to see how much we get for him...

Lord Beni of Gorgie

They got over a million for Cumdog and aren't in the middle of a big costly stadium job though.

Is this not a reason to work hard raising budgets

Is this not a reason to work hard raising budgets

Work hard doing what? Selling some of our assets to help fund new signings is what'll happen, likes of Walker and Djoum.

Jambo 4 Ever

Possible we are in negotiations Re walker at the minute and waiting to see how much we get for him...

Who with?

And any chance of him extending his contract do you think?

Hilary Briss

People wetting themselves probaly realise that Steven Whittaker would have improved what we had.

You could bring back Walter Kidd and it would improve current full back situation but it wouldnt make him a good signing  :hair:

Lord Beni of Gorgie

Work hard doing what? Selling some of our assets to help fund new signings is what'll happen, likes of Walker and Djoum.

Attract investment. Or is that taboo in our model?

If we are relying on FOH I don't think we'll ever compete

Who with?

And any chance of him extending his contract do you think?

I don't know mate was just a guess bud

Scott Allan - check

Ryan Gauld - check

Ryan McGowan - check

Zeefuik - check

Osman Sow - check

Just need Pat the Plumber and we have our annual link full house.

Attract investment. Or is that taboo in our model?

If we are relying on FOH I don't think we'll ever compete

I think we're relying upon selling out the new 20k stadium as much as possible, with the high end corporate boxes and hospitality bringing in a lot of revenue, even on non-match days. And a conveyer belt of youth players, some who'll get sold for large figures.

Not come to fruition yet, but sounds a more stable plan than relying upon investors throwing money at the club.

We'll see.

Scott Allan - check

Ryan Gauld - check

Ryan McGowan - check

Zeefuik - check

Osman Sow - check

Just need Pat the Plumber and we have our annual link full house.

You're forgetting Goodwillie, Stevie May and Gary Mackay Steven

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Escobar PHM

The point isnt in anyones opinion of the quality or otherwise of the player. I think he'd improve us in the right back area for what its worth but it barely even matters.

The point is its a really bad thing if we seriously wanted Whittaker, or any other player for that matter, and he went to Hibs instead. Frankly that has implications I don't like. If we cant compete with Hibernian over players and win hands down, then we've fallen pretty far in the last 2 years.

This thread reminds me of how mental I went when I heard West Ham were selling Trevor Brooking to Arsenal in the 70's. I ripped all the pictures off me bedroom wall and burned s programme I had with his autograph on.

Thank ???? there was no internet in those days.

IMO the club has a stadium to fill and shirts to sell. We have a very astute businesswoman in charge of the club and I fully expect decent players will be signed in order to ensure we can fill said stadium and sell shirts.

Only an absolute moron or hobbit would expect us to start this season weaker than we finished the last one.

Patience folks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

fabienleclerq

But he played wi hubz ken... so he must be shite...

I think it's more Hibs might beat us to a player wub. We might not have wanted him but he'd get into 99%of the teams in scotland

Archived