***Potential signings/Transfer rumours Thread***

Bring Back Paulo Sergio

Tynecastlesmychurch

Holt and MOH after he's finished his lone from St Johnstone. I reckon Levein would (like Wright) get the best out of him. Plus 400k take that money and bid 300k of it for Cadden and offer Martin or Buaben as a make way as part of the deal!

• Replies 11.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Bazzas right boot

Holt was shite for us ffs.

Prince, pallardo, gomis were all better than him.

People have too short a memory on here.

Holt played the odd blinder, looked tidy but went missing more than wally.

Watt-Zeefuik

Holt was shite for us ffs.

Prince, pallardo, gomis were all better than him.

People have too short a memory on here.

Holt played the odd blinder, looked tidy but went missing more than wally.

In the admin year before he got hurt Holt was immense. Far and away our best player with the exception of Paterson week in, week out. Him getting hurt ended our early run of good form.

the jambo poet

Holt and MOH after he's finished his lone from St Johnstone. I reckon Levein would (like Wright) get the best out of him. Plus 400k take that money and bid 300k of it for Cadden and offer Martin or Buaben as a make way as part of the deal!

Oxford had a bid of ?450k turned down earlier today. We can't afford Cadden.

August Landmesser

Zanatta has moved to raith rovers on loan

A good move for him, a step up from Queen's Park, and pushing at the top of that division.

Sent from my FP2 using Tapatalk

The Old Tolbooth

Why do people think that Celtics Liam Henderson was at hearts.. He has been with Celtic since he was 12 years old.

We did have a Liam Henderson in our youth team who was a left back and left us to go to Falkirk...

Ah cheers, didn't realise they were different players [emoji106]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Bazzas right boot

In the admin year before he got hurt Holt was immense. Far and away our best player with the exception of Paterson week in, week out. Him getting hurt ended our early run of good form.

4 year ago.

Aye, let's get him and black in, that will allow us to catch Aberdeen.

Bowmans_Boot

4 year ago.

Aye, let's get him and black in, that will allow us to catch Aberdeen.

The point was that you stated he "was shite for us". He wasnt.

Our model (unless it has been changed) was to sign guys with talent (but who had faded or whose career had stalled) and then develop/improve them. Jason Holt is pretty much the personification of this.

Our model (unless it has been changed) was to sign guys with talent (but who had faded or whose career had stalled) and then develop/improve them. Jason Holt is pretty much the personification of this.

Minus the talent.

Bazzas right boot

He was, last time he was with us, pallardo, prince, gomis were better than him.

That, imo makes him a player we shouldn't be looking at as he won't improve us. In jkb terms, shite.

That's my point.

You think different.

We'd be far better with o'Hallaron if at all possible in January.

He was, last time he was with us, pallardo, prince, gomis were better than him.

That, imo makes him a player we shouldn't be looking at as he won't improve us. In jkb terms, shite.

That's my point.

You think different.

We'd be far better with o'Hallaron if at all possible in January.

Holt was just another one of our promising youngsters that stagnated under the previous Head Coaches.

I'm going to be mightily disappointed if we come out of tonight with only 2 new players. Our squad is so light right now.

I'm going to be mightily disappointed if we come out of tonight with only 2 new players. Our squad is so light right now.

Can still sign some free agents which we might do

Unknown user

We've made some decent signings after the window closes in recent years, but it would be nice not to leave it so late all the time

Can still sign some free agents which we might do

Guess we'll have to just wait and see. Be nice to enter a season with a reasonably balanced and talented squad for a change and not be praying for last minute signings. Always next year.

Lord Beni of Gorgie

Godhinio signs for Berwick on loan

Good to get so many of these lads out for experience

LarrysRightFoot

Did someone say Aidy White was training with us? Any truth in it? He a free agent?

How many we signed this summer mate FFS??

Holt was just another one of our promising youngsters that stagnated under the previous Head Coaches.

HAsnt improved under the many coaches he has had at Ibrox either. Maybe wrong to blame the coaches. Player just doesn't have it. All down to physique imo so not Jason's fault.

I'm going to be mightily disappointed if we come out of tonight with only 2 new players. Our squad is so light right now.[/quote

How many we signed this summer mate FFS??

What's your point?

We have one wide midfielder and last I checked there's 2 sides to a football park.

We lack pace as was demonstrated on Saturday.

We have one injured LB and one honking LB.

We didn't have an attacking centre mid.

We didn't have a ball winner in midfield.

The boy from Raith might tick the last 2, and if Walker goes we still only have 1 wide midfielder. Yes, we've signed quite a few players, but how many have we shipped out?

If you think our squad is not paper thin then I'd suggest you are deluded.

Ive got to agree our squad is still very lightweight.

Our bench against Motherwell was full of kids apart from Isma and we lack pace all over the park.

The amount of players coming in and out is embarrassing but we definitely needed at least 2 more in this window to make us competitive. I think we have 6/7 good first team players now maybe 8 if Walker stays and plays but the rest are bang average players

Our bench against Motherwell was full of kids apart from Isma and we lack pace all over the park.

The amount of players coming in and out is embarrassing but we definitely needed at least 2 more in this window to make us competitive. I think we have 6/7 good first team players now maybe 8 if Walker stays and plays but the rest are bang average players

We had Grezlak playing left mid at Kilmarnock, and Cowie at right mid every week. The state of Cowie's crossing isn't going to help us get the best out of Lafferty.

ame="Jammy T" post="6236069" timestamp="1504215508"]

What's your point?

We have one wide midfielder and last I checked there's 2 sides to a football park.

We lack pace as was demonstrated on Saturday.

We have one injured LB and one honking LB.

We didn't have an attacking centre mid.

We didn't have a ball winner in midfield.

The boy from Raith might tick the last 2, and if Walker goes we still only have 1 wide midfielder. Yes, we've signed quite a few players, but how many have we shipped out?

If you think our squad is not paper thin then I'd suggest you are deluded.

We just signed a pacy attacking player, an energetic Box to box midfielder and new keeper in a few days. WTF did you expect in the that time?

And that in top of Berra, Smith and Lafferty all clear quality.

Who plays with two out and our wingers these days?

Having watched some of the kids on Tuesday that might not be a bad thing. There was a refreshing pace about some of them that is sadly lacking in the first team.

Perhaps time to see them as part of the first team squad.

We just signed a pacy attacking player, an energetic Box to box midfielder and new keeper in a few days. WTF did you expect in the that time?

And that in top of Berra, Smith and Lafferty all clear quality.

Who plays with two out and our wingers these days?

You are correct. Our squad has been expertly assembled. My mistake.

Ps. I said wide midfielder, not winger. But either or would do. Personally rather not have to watch Grezlak or Cowie playing wide midfield again and wasting umpteen crossing opportunities.

Well we needed a keeper. We needed a midfielder and we needed a winger. We got em. I dunno if any of them are any good but Skinny looks promising from his You Tube clips (I know).

Callachan I have high hopes for. So glad to hear a player saying coming here is a dream move rather than a stepping stone.

Hopefully a couple of frees to come yet.

We definitely still need players. Hopefully there might be some out of contract guys or another loan that we are looking at. 

jamboinglasgow

We definitely still need players. Hopefully there might be some out of contract guys or another loan that we are looking at.

We can't take a player on loan outside of the window

fraz the postie

It's all very well saying we need more players but we must move some of the dead wood on to free up wages,

I think bringing on the youth maybe a good stopgap.

We're not the richest club in the league ,not with the building work ongoing.

So now the transfer window has blown closed in a breeze who do you think Robbo was talking about when he said Hearts fans will be delighted with who was coming to Hearts.

Was Lafferty our big wow signing or have we missed out on another big name? MacGregor perhaps? Or is there a free agent about to give us all a massive boost?

Would like to see an experienced robust central defender added as cover for Berra.

We're pretty lightweight in there unless Grizzly can do a job.

Would like to see an experienced robust central defender added as cover for Berra.

We're pretty lightweight in there unless Grizzly can do a job.

Are we?

Berra, Souttar, Hughes, Nowak.

Buaben and Grzelak could also fill in.

Are we?

Berra, Souttar, Hughes, Nowak.

Buaben and Grzelak could also fill in.

Would you want to be going down to Fester with Nowak and Buaben as the central defenders?

Nightmare.

We need someone who can attack the ball and IMO only Berra is strong in that role. Others are more the sweeper types.

Overall I don't think its been too bad a transfer window. If we can get Walker re-engaged then we can get a decent first 11 along the lines of:

McLaughlin

Smith

Souttar

Berra

Smith-Brown

Djoum

Cowie / Callachan

Milinkovic

Walker

Isma

Lafferty

Back up:

Hamilton

Cowie / Callachan

Cochrane

Stockton

Randall

Hughes

Bauben

Currie

Grzelak

Moore

Nowak

Another striker might be good if possible as an injury to Isma or Lafferty leaves us sort. Although it sounds as if Milinkovic can play up front also.

August Landmesser

Right

Any free agents or players released by clubs yesterday?

Tom Hateley. :tiny:

Sent from my FP2 using Tapatalk

Archived