***Potential signings/Transfer rumours Thread***

Bring Back Paulo Sergio

• Replies 11.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
kingantti1874

What reasonable level was that ?

He's yesterdays man, forget about him in terms of coming back and move on.

It's talks like this that make me glad that we have people who scout for a living for if not who knows what we might sign..you could end up with 38 year old centre backs who last played in India being given new contracts...................wait a minute !!!!!!!!

We know it's unlikely that he's coming back.. But still no one has offered a suggestion as to who we currently have who is better than black in that position.. rc is as yet unproven..

Who have we scouted and signed that's better

kingantti1874

oh oh, you know what the answer will be. :D

I suspect there will be no answer.

But I will point out that conor Randall got 1 appearance at Shrewsbury and was there at the same time as black.. 49 appearances.. So folk slagging the level he's been playing at..?

Lord Beni of Gorgie

Typical Kickback; hankering after a player who's best days are probably well behind him.

We need the ceiling artexed in the new stand.

Only plausible explanation

kingantti1874

Typical Kickback; hankering after a player who's best days are probably well behind him.

I'll ask again.. Name all the defensive mids we have who are better and convince us there would be no place in a 24 man squad for ian black..

What reasonable level was that ?

He's yesterdays man, forget about him in terms of coming back and move on.

It's talks like this that make me glad that we have people who scout for a living for if not who knows what we might sign..you could end up with 38 year old centre backs who last played in India being given new contracts...................wait a minute  !!!!!!!!

That will be the 38 year old centre back who could well be going to the world cup finals next year and is a regular in his national team that has only conceded 2 goals in their section, both of them to the reigning world champions.

He must be a pish player right enough.

I'll ask again.. Name all the defensive mids we have who are better and convince us there would be no place in a 24 man squad for ian black..

Cowie, Djoum, Grzelak, Buaben, and probably Callachan.

Will always love Blackie but no.

That will be the 38 year old centre back who could well be going to the world cup finals next year and is a regular in his national team that has only conceded 2 goals in their section, both of them to the reigning world champions.

He must be a pish player right enough.

has Hughes started a club game yet this season? genuine question

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk

Jean Louis Valois

Please can we stop this horrendous Ian Black chatter. Bar one game, he was absolutely terrible.

That is absolute nonsense. That season he was brilliant!

julienbrellier

I?d take Blackie back.  If anything as a decent squad option.

There?s plenty of competition for CM but even now he would be in with a shout of making the first team.

That is absolute nonsense. That season he was brilliant!

As always the reality is he was somewhere in between terrible and brilliant and that was 5 years ago. He can no longer get a starting place for Shrewsbury and was released which tells you all you need to know.

kingantti1874

As always the reality is he was somewhere in between terrible and brilliant and that was 5 years ago. He can no longer get a starting place for Shrewsbury and was released which tells you all you need to know.

He got more games at Shrewsbury more than conor Randall though

He got more games at Shrewsbury more than conor Randall though

Yeh but Randall is atrocious.

Ian Black is finished, actually bizarre that people keep bringing his name up.

has Hughes started a club game yet this season? genuine question

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk

He started at Parkhead. 

Not sure about the League Cup, still trying to erase from my memory.

I think it is important for any squad to have at least one player who has a fighting attitude, ideally a supporter of the club, and demonstrates by example the level of commitment required - perhaps even shaming so-called better players into upping their game.

Ian Black served that role well, as did Locke before him (and Scott Brown does at celtic), but I actually think Callachan will step into those shoes now and be an important squad member for us.

I think it is important for any squad to have at least one player who has a fighting attitude, ideally a supporter of the club, and demonstrates by example the level of commitment required - perhaps even shaming so-called better players into upping their game.

Ian Black served that role well, as did Locke before him (and Scott Brown does at celtic), but I actually think Callachan will step into those shoes now and be an important squad member for us.

agree.

While Dave MacKay was a great player anyway it was often said if he wasn't playing well he made sure you(team mates) played well.

Noticed Sortiris Ninis has left KV Mechelen in Belgium, would be another good attacking midfielder option

Rherras is there - just saying

kingantti1874

Yeh but Randall is atrocious.

Ian Black is finished, actually bizarre that people keep bringing his name up.

Yep.... My point here is that Ian black is probably a better option than we have at present.. Which probabky says more about our midfield than anything else..

I don't expect us to start sign ian black.. Nor do I think he'd be a big enough step up.. But I don't understand why people are laughing at the suggestion or just saying he's not good enough.. Those type of remarks suggest he's well below our present level.. Which he is not..

Ugly American tried to answer me earlier.. But instead proved me right.. The player he listed are either not better than black, do not play in the same position as black or in the case of Cowie are right at the end of their career.. (I'm not convinced he's desire either)

Hes currently good enough for a place in our squad no doubt about it..

Yep.... My point here is that Ian black is probably a better option than we have at present.. Which probabky says more about our midfield than anything else..

I don't expect us to start sign ian black.. Nor do I think he'd be a big enough step up.. But I don't understand why people are laughing at the suggestion or just saying he's not good enough.. Those type of remarks suggest he's well below our present level.. Which he is not..

Ugly American tried to answer me earlier.. But instead proved me right.. The player he listed are either not better than black, do not play in the same position as black or in the case of Cowie are right at the end of their career.. (I'm not convinced he's desire either)

Hes currently good enough for a place in our squad no doubt about it..

I'd take Cowie every single week over Black. Buaben too.

We have addressed the area with the boy from Raith who is a big Jambo. Why do we need Black who's lack of pace was clear a couple of years ago. Because he's a jambo ??

kingantti1874

I'd take Cowie every single week over Black. Buaben too.

Cowie yes but he's not defensive but don't agree on Buaben..

Even if we did agree on that point.. What happens when we have injuries..

Cowie yes but he's not defensive but don't agree on Buaben..

Even if we did agree on that point.. What happens when we have injuries..

We give the young lads a shot.

I wonder how many people here have seen Black play recently enough to form an opinion on him?

PHM, who's not afraid to put the boot in when necessary (or elbow - in the thumbs case).

Take him back in a heartbeat.

I wonder how many people here have seen Black play recently enough to form an opinion on him?

PHM, who's not afraid to put the boot in when necessary (or elbow - in the thumbs case).

Are you saying he's improved in the last three years? Because that would definitely alter my opinion. Please give details.

Lord Beni of Gorgie

Harry could be anything. Might be unnecessary if Cochrane is a star. If they are good enough they are old enough

Bazzas right boot

I think Harry will play more games.

Djoum and walker Should start most, they are our best players.

That leaves another 2 from Cowie, Callahan, prince, Martin, milinky chap, Harry, Moore.

We have enough, would have been good to replace prince and Martin with someone who would be a first team starter, but that ship has sailed until January.

We have numbers.

He bet against Hearts to lose whilst playing for the club. That's unforgivable in my book.

Berra is our best player

It's a difficult one to pick actually.

Berra

Djoum

Walker

Isma

Hughes

Cowie

Smith

Depends on the criterion.

Berra is our best player

Absolutely - I can't think of a better Scottish Centre Half right now and it must be frightening when Hanley comes on to play alongside you.

Absolutely - I can't think of a better Scottish Centre Half right now and it must be frightening when Hanley comes on to play alongside you.

Hibees will argue Darren Mcgregor is 100 times better and Berra would be there 5th choice defender. 

:cornette:

Hibees will argue Darren Mcgregor is 100 times better and Berra would be there 5th choice defender.

:rofl:

Hold hold, pause, I'll be right back.

manaliveits105

As they held Hamilton to just 3 at home there is probably merit in that 

Archived