***Potential signings/Transfer rumours Thread***

Bring Back Paulo Sergio

I've seen nothing of Martin to suggest he is remotely as good as Black.

Black was also playing very well for Blackpool and played alot of games for them.

He would be a very useful player to have in the squad.

This.

Black's technical abilities were underrated. He was a very tidy player who had excellent passing.

• Replies 11.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

To be honest while I don't think Black is necessarily the answer it's hard to argue that he wouldn't offer more than Martin.

scott herbertson

Black was MOM in the cup final for me - ran the show.

Having said that you always felt he was a small incident away from getting sent off. And for most of te first season he was with us he played too quickly. Sergio got him to calm down i reckon, and made him a much better player for it

Unless she wants her house painted I cannot see Black as the type of person Mrs B would want signed.  He has some unfavourable baggage such as betting and a dubious disciplinary record with red and yellow cards.  Would he be a good influence in the dressing room?  I am not sure.  His age is not appealing either and although we do already have older players, he would not strike me as being such a good role model for the younger guys as say Hughes or Cowie.

Would rather not sign a clogger like Black as it puts another body between the likes of Cochrane, Hamilton, Smith etc and their progression into the first team.

I'll take a hungry 23 year old prospect on their way up in the game like Callachan rather than a 33 year old on his way out who has been released by a League 1 team and nobody will tpuch.

Myths. Probably made up by Hibs fans who pissed their pants every derby because their team couldn't handle the physicality of derby day and crumbled.

In his entire career he has been sent off 5 times.

Once for Inverness.

Twice for us.

Twice for rangers.

He got plenty yellows but he was incredibly disciplined while on them and played the game much like Scott Brown but smarter because he didn't have that extra layer of protection.

He's a far more intelligent footballer than some would believe.

He's also skilled with a good passing range as well.

Once for Inverness.

Twice for us.

Twice for rangers.

Plus the 2 for Shrewsbury mentioned earlier in the thread. Players who play on the edge get over that edge as the legs start to go and the pace vanishes. 

Plus the 2 for Shrewsbury mentioned earlier in the thread. Players who play on the edge get over that edge as the legs start to go and the pace vanishes.

I didn't know about the 2 for Shrewsbury but still I don't consider 7 reds in about 12 years or more to be the mark of a badly disciplined player.

apart from a good 6 months, Black was average for the other 2 and a half years he was here, in normal circumstances i wouldn't want him, but since our midfield options include Martin, Randall and Buaben then i would be all for him returning, he would be a better option than those 3

Anyone who wants him back clearly does not have the interests of the club at heart

Had his time with us and so let it go..........and if he is so good why is he still available ?

This constant trying to relive the past by people whose memories are clearly shot is sad.

Anyone who wants him back clearly does not have the interests of the club at heart

Had his time with us and so let it go..........and if he is so good why is he still available ?

This constant trying to relive the past by people whose memories are clearly shot is sad.

I'm not advocating us signing him but your post is a pile of hysterical shite.

People have perfectly valid opinions as to whether or not he would be a good signing without having to be accused of not having the club's interest at heart.

Can we see how this Callachan lad does first before contemplating bringing in the likes of Ian Black, who I may add was spectacularly shite for 75% of the games he played in for us.

Callachan might free up the likes of Cowie and Djoum to join in further up the park. One player making up for the weakness in their game might give us a completely different Dynamic, they could compliment each other's game well.

Rudi Skacel

Black gets Hearts. But so do most fans in a pub before a game..

Quite agree.

It's one thing 'getting Hearts' when you're a fan sitting in a pub. It's quite another when you're 32 and on the pitch.

Quite agree.

It's one thing 'getting Hearts' when you're a fan sitting in a pub. It's quite another when you're 32 and on the pitch.

Let's remove Callachan from the equation at the moment since he's never played a game. Only fair.

Cowie

Djoum

Grzelak

Randall

Buaben

Nowak

Black

Pick the 4 you would want to have in the squad this season.

It's a ****ing easy choice at the moment looking at our midfield options.

Let's remove Callachan from the equation at the moment since he's never played a game. Only fair.

Cowie

Djoum

Grzelak

Randall

Buaben

Nowak

Black

It's a ******* easy choice at the moment looking at our midfield options.

To my mind he would be a no risk signing if given a 12 month contract.

Tell you what, he'd bring a bit of bottle and drive to the team. Something that's been sadly lacking.

Black not for me. Gomis and Buaben ran circles around him in the Championship year.

I still think we made a mistake offloading Gomis. Would take him back before Black as well, technically far superior footballer

Bazzas right boot

Black wouldn't get the blood pumping with excitement but he wouldn't have me ready to jump of the North Bridge either.

When is Ledley signing? Fit for Saturday?

Missing Wales' crucial WC qualifier tonight so he can seal his dream move to Tynecast!e

Black was actually pretty poor for a large part of his tenure at Tynecastle.

It's time to leave him where he is and move on.

Cowie

Djoum

Grzelak

Randall

Buaben

Nowak

Black

But we have signed Callachan plus I'd rather see us blood a young midfielder than bring Black in who as others have said was poor to meh for most of his hearts career, and was very poor for Rangers when he was last in Scotland.

The only players we can sign now are out of contract. You could use that argument for each and every one.

Cowie

Djoum

Grzelak

Randall

Buaben

Nowak

Black

Again, two years ago Buaben was hands down the superior player when they went head to head. He's gone downhill but so has Black.

On the list above I'll take Cowie, Djoum, Grzelak, and Buaben without much hesitation, although Callachan wouldn't have to do much to bump Buaben.

Again, two years ago Buaben was hands down the superior player when they went head to head. He's gone downhill but so has Black.

On the list above I'll take Cowie, Djoum, Grzelak, and Buaben without much hesitation, although Callachan wouldn't have to do much to bump Buaben.

Are we using that rangers team as some sort of bar to judge on?

Their training involved an all you can eat breakfast buffet followed by shooting practice at a fat ***** arse.

For those saying Black was only sent off 7 times and it's a myth he was a dirty player, what was your impression of him prior to signing for us from the times we played against ICT?

Mine was that he was a dirty wee bugger who was lucky to stay on the park most of the time.

Are we using that rangers team as some sort of bar to judge on?

Their training involved an all you can eat breakfast buffet followed by shooting practice at a fat ***** arse.

He's gone from those performances at Rangers to not getting a game at Shrewsbury in League 1 to 11 appearances in a half season at League 2 Blackpool and getting a pink slip.

If his Rangers spell were an aberration he would have kicked on, but he hasn't.

Cup legend and nothing can change that, but some memories are better left where they are.

He's gone from those performances at Rangers to not getting a game at Shrewsbury in League 1 to 11 appearances in a half season at League 2 Blackpool and getting a pink slip.

If his Rangers spell were an aberration he would have kicked on, but he hasn't.

Cup legend and nothing can change that, but some memories are better left where they are.

He's played over 60 games in England since moving from Rangers.

49 games from September 15 until January 17 at Shrewsbury and 10 games for Blackpool from January until May 17.

Hardly the appearance record of a player out of favour.

I'd take Ian Black at 31,32 years old over most of what we have in the midfield area just now. (Excluding new signings and Djoum when he can be arsed)...

But that's where we are just now and says it's all. Hopefully it changes significantly for the better under CL.

kingantti1874

Some proper selective memories over Ian Black here! :rofl:

Not a chance I'd want him back.

Is he worse than what we have in central midfield.. Yes /no..?

Hes no world beater, but would do a role in an incredibly lightweight midfield.. Even as part of the squad.

I've no idea if RC is any good.. But I'd rather go into a Derby with black over any of our other, pushover central midfield options..

Is he worse than what we have in central midfield.. Yes /no..?

Hes no world beater, but would do a role in an incredibly lightweight midfield.. Even as part of the squad.

I've no idea if RC is any good.. But I'd rather go into a Derby with black over any of our other, pushover central midfield options..

Yip.

I'd laugh at the suggestion of Black too if we had such a mobile, creative and combative midfield , but we don't.

However, we are hoping for change, for progression under CL. Hoping Randall grows in confidence and shows more , Callachan takes to his new level like a duck to water and Djoum decides to get his head down and give us a strong season.

Just hopes though with no prior evidence for the support to know what they are going to get. It's still the grey area in the team CL needs to reinvigorate and I'm sure he'll first and foremost try to make us harder and more competitive there.

Bazzas right boot

Black not for me. Gomis and Buaben ran circles around him in the Championship year.

TBF 2v 1 is unfair, I reckon Gomis and Prince would take Messi, eventually.

Bazzas right boot

Some proper selective memories over Ian Black here! :rofl:

Not a chance I'd want him back.

Folk saying they miss Gomis.....

tartofmidlothian

Yip.

I'd laugh at the suggestion of Black too if we had such a mobile, creative and combative midfield , but we don't.

However, we are hoping for change, for progression under CL. Hoping Randall grows in confidence and shows more , Callachan takes to his new level like a duck to water and Djoum decides to get his head down and give us a strong season.

Just hopes though with no prior evidence for the support to know what they are going to get. It's still the grey area in the team CL needs to reinvigorate and I'm sure he'll first and foremost try to make us harder and more competitive there.

Yes, all of this. Like I said, I thought IB's career had become a joke after Rangers but he's done well at a reasonable level these past two years. An unlikely shout, but no longer a ridiculous one.

Yes, all of this. Like I said, I thought IB's career had become a joke after Rangers but he's done well at a reasonable level these past two years. An unlikely shout, but no longer a ridiculous one.

What reasonable level was that ?

He's yesterdays man, forget about him in terms of coming back and move on.

It's talks like this that make me glad that we have people who scout for a living for if not who knows what we might sign..you could end up with 38 year old centre backs who last played in India being given new contracts...................wait a minute  !!!!!!!!

The Future's Maroon

What is the obsession with bringing up ex-players possibly signing for us, years past their best?

Before anyone says anything, Berra/Rudi/Robbo are exceptions as they came back while still worthy of of a starting place. Folk like Black/Gowser....nope, please let it go.

Myths. Probably made up by Hibs fans who pissed their pants every derby because their team couldn't handle the physicality of derby day and crumbled.

Once for Inverness.

Twice for us.

Twice for rangers.

He got plenty yellows but he was incredibly disciplined while on them and played the game much like Scott Brown but smarter because he didn't have that extra layer of protection.

He's a far more intelligent footballer than some would believe.

He's also skilled with a good passing range as well.

Could have been sent off in the Semi and the Final.

Archived