***Potential signings/Transfer rumours Thread***

Bring Back Paulo Sergio

• Replies 11.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

So he played 2 games last season?

He's away playing lower league english football.  Think we can rule him out. 

No need to be a **** about it

Oh come on, it's a ridiculous rumour. A 30 year old striker playing in the 7th tier of English football. Hmmm sounds plausible. Oh but wait a minute his name is 'Gash'. Aye, that could be it!

Interesting comments PJ1.There is no substitute for old fashioned scouts going out checking players on the basis you suggest. I read an article on Tony Pullis at the weekend and he personally spends a month doing due diligence on prospective signings, including their character, lifestyle etc before deciding whether they will be suitable for his club. He has a fantastic record in getting the best out of players and has, of course, recently signed Oliver Burke for WBA

Professional clubs use a multitude of tools to scout players, these include ... Live Assessment, Video Evaluation and Player analytics and assessment. While a youtube showreel may of course be used as a form of digital CV to send along with the players credentials and references to any club via his agent or indeed the player themselves. Only the pro video tools can provide the analytics and assessment of a player ... Pro Zone used to have a product for this but they were sold to an American company called Stats now, so perhaps its been dropped. I know for a fact that "Football Manager" has been used in assessing individual players as the detail within the programme is usually spot on. Not sure how many have been signed based on YouTube video showreel and a quick look at fooball manager though. As you drop down the leagues (including to SPL level) the cost of doing this properly is prohibitive and perhaps not carried out to the detail that would ensure a player is exactly what it says on the tin. Sad but true

augusthearts

Heard that we are looking at Michael Gash !...  hope the name doesnt relate to his prowess infront of goal !

Bit of a journeyman, but not a bad scoring record  !

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Michael_Gash

Actually seen quite a bit of him the last couple of years playing for Barnet as I live down that way. Have to be honest and say he didn't make that much of an impression. Usually came on as a sub.. Spent a fair amount of time out injured as I recall. Happy to be proven wrong if we are looking at him, but can't say that his potential signing would  fill me with excitement. John Akinde who plays for Barnet on the other hand.

scott herbertson

Actually seen quite a bit of him the last couple of years playing for Barnet as I live down that way. Have to be honest and say he didn't make that much of an impression. Usually came on as a sub.. Spent a fair amount of time out injured as I recall. Happy to be proven wrong if we are looking at him, but can't say that his potential signing would  fill me with excitement. John Akinde who plays for Barnet on the other hand.

just returned from cruciate ligament op too - cant see us taking him

The Future's Maroon

Oh come on, it's a ridiculous rumour. A 30 year old striker playing in the 7th tier of English football. Hmmm sounds plausible. Oh but wait a minute his name is 'Gash'. Aye, that could be it!

Wooosh moment, as the joke flew over your head.

FWIW:
According to a mate who is a Raith fan we're supposed to be looking at Ross Callachan:
My mate describes him as a box-to-box midfielder - so certainly a position we should be looking to fill but he isn't convinced he would be good enough to get into our team (although I suspect he may be over-estimating our current midfield a little).

According to this article from last year he has previously had interest from "several" Scottish Premiership clubs:
http://www.deadlinenews.co.uk/2016/11/18/ross-callachan-realise-scottish-premiership-ambition-raith-rovers-penning-new-deal/

Bazzas right boot

Is Gash coming? Is there juice in this story or has it all dried up

Heard he's tidy in and around the box.

Anyone know if he's eh comin' to us.

Heard he's inconsistent, plays 3/4 good games then is bloody murder at least 1week of the month.

If he's keen, maybe big Jon can help develop him and stretch him out a bit.

Heard he's tidy in and around the box.

Anyone know if he's eh comin' to us.

Heard he's inconsistent, plays 3/4 good games then is bloody murder at least 1week of the month.

If he's keen, maybe big Jon can help develop him and stretch him out a bit.

media2.giphy_.comgiphy-2bdd4b99ad2d8bc11

Lord Beni of Gorgie

Goes down to easy...hits the ground with a fud

He used to be a keeper but changed. Flapped too often

Lord Beni of Gorgie

I think we should close the (beef) curtains on this one...

I know it should never have been in the pubic domain

Unknown user

The suspense is killing me Smithee...

So exciting! :laugh:

:laugh:

The last one was about McLaughlin being up on trial so good track record so far.

This one says Scottish player to sign tomorrow, possibly a foreign one to follow.

And yes, I'm milking the attention, deal with it jkb!

Lord Beni of Gorgie

The last one was about McLaughlin being up on trial so good track record so far.

This one says Scottish player to sign tomorrow, possibly a foreign one to follow.

That's ok. Milking is good.

Playing in Scotland or elsewhere?

Sounds good.

I'm just jealous, I don't even get pm's containing abuse never mind ITK ones. :sad:

Lord Beni of Gorgie

Im delighted there's at least a rumour. Are we closing tomorrow or Friday as in SPL window

Unknown user

Ok mort's posted it - Ross Callachan, midfielder from raith. I felt weird about giving a name so glad he broke it!

One of us apparently, by the way

Ok mort's posted it - Ross Callachan, midfielder from raith. I felt weird about giving a name so glad he broke it!

Levein influence already

Getting us looking at lower league players again

Ok mort's posted it - Ross Callachan, midfielder from raith. I felt weird about giving a name so glad he broke

That name was mentioned on another thread early this afternoon so it's a possibility.

Bazzas right boot

That's ok. Milking is good.

Playing in Scotland or elsewhere?

I thought "Gash" would be doing the milking.

Lord Beni of Gorgie

I thought "Gash" would be doing the milking.

I think it was Faycall that got milked

Do you know the name of the foreign guy?

Archived