***Potential signings/Transfer rumours Thread***

Bring Back Paulo Sergio

• Replies 11.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This Ian Black chat needs to stop. He was pish with us, I can only imagine how bad he is now!

to be fair he ran the show on 19/05/12

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk

He was decent for a couple of months under Mr Sergio. Largely he was gash and that was over 5 years ago!

Let's leave his last game as the Cup Final please.

Spot on. Will always be a hero for the cup final performance but let's not rewrite history here he was largely average-shite for 2.5 years.

Genuinely frightening that some people want him back!

Aidy White will hopefully be "scarf above head" this week.

Wee blacky... naw just naw

JamboCampbell

Rumour on twitter of a meeting between MacPhee & Ledley. Might be shite.

Cant see us being able to pay his wages although he will want game time if he is to go to Russia with Wales.

Surely get a gig down south

Cant see us being able to pay his wages although he will want game time if he is to go to Russia with Wales.

No danger.

heard this too..but put it down to rumours

You'd think he would already have a club but he's been a free agent for a while now which I find odd.

Is there a reason why he doesn't have a club, has he been injured or something?

Hope its true but will McPhee not be with NI squad for game tomorrow night? ????????????

Lord Beni of Gorgie

Aidy White is a hard worker. Not a game changer. Nice squad player at best vut no more

You'd think he would already have a club but he's been a free agent for a while now which I find odd.

Is there a reason why he doesn't have a club, has he been injured or something?

He broke his leg relatively recently, but I think he's over that.

I have a hunch we will see a youth player break through this season that we as supporters are not expecting.

JamboCampbell

Hope its true but will McPhee not be with NI squad for game tomorrow night? ????????????

Never thought of that

I have a hunch we will see a youth player break through this season that we as supporters are not expecting.

cochrane did well in pre season but has vanished

cochrane did well in pre season but has vanished

Injured, was on bench for u20s hibs game. Also he is still only 16. Read last week that Daly and cathro had been monitoring one of the youths and said that he could be technically one of the best players he has ever seen in Scotland (for the life of me I can't remember who they said out of the youths, maybe moore). So could be that person breaking through?

Bring Back Paulo Sergio

Anthony McDonald

Celtic fan. Surprise fecking surprise. Bet the family don't live within a 40 mile radius of Parkhead.

Injured, was on bench for u20s hibs game. Also he is still only 16. Read last week that Daly and cathro had been monitoring one of the youths and said that he could be technically one of the best players he has ever seen in Scotland (for the life of me I can't remember who they said out of the youths, maybe moore). So could be that person breaking through?

would be nice to see 1 of the young lads break into the 1st team

Celtic fan. Surprise fecking surprise. Bet the family don't live within a 40 mile radius of Parkhead.

As far as I was lead to believe, very few of the u20s are local lads. At the time of being told, there was only a handful from the Edinburgh area.

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

The club are looking at young talent. My laddie is in the Spartans 2008 squad. There are 40 laddies in the squad. They play 7s. So have four teams with 10 each team.

Later this month 9 of the laddies all aged 9 from across the four teams will be spending six weeks with Hearts up at Riccarton for training and playing a couple of ganes(trial). My laddie is fortunate to be one of the 9 chosen.

Bring Back Paulo Sergio

As far as I was lead to believe, very few of the u20s are local lads. At the time of being told, there was only a handful from the Edinburgh area.

An extract from an article on the YFS site.

?From the very first training session at Hearts, Anthony looked relaxed and happy? said Alan. ?He knew a lot of the kids from Broughton so that made joining in much easier. It was good to see him playing with a smile and when Hearts said they wanted to sign him I was very happy, very happy for Anthony.?

I know it doesn't matter but it still annoys me slightly.

macphee is in ireland

Lord Beni of Gorgie

Watch the Holyhead ferries.

A couple of young players will be thereabouts. Henderson is another who seems to be highly regarded.

heard this too..but put it down to rumours

Likewise but not long after a news thing on SSN saying he'd been picked for Wales even though he ain't got a club. Put it down to wishful thinking

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Flamini please - there's one guy who definitely doesn't need paid to play as he's reputed to be a billionaire. The GFB Stand has a ring to it too

jamboinglasgow

Will be interesting to see how it changes when they start the program next season of the partnership with Balerno school. Whether having Hearts youngsters go to the same school based in Edinburgh will see us having a larger in take of youngsters from Edinburgh and the surrounding area. 

Will be interesting to see how it changes when they start the program next season of the partnership with Balerno school. Whether having Hearts youngsters go to the same school based in Edinburgh will see us having a larger in take of youngsters from Edinburgh and the surrounding area.

I grew up in Balerno. Good school and a good village. It will actually be a bit of an incentive for parents who want their kids to go to a good school. Not to be too condescending, but imagine your boy is good at kicking a ball about, but your school catchment area is some rat hole in inner-city Glasgow or Airdrie or the like. No brainer.

Its certainly a positive step. It would be fantastic to get to the point where we could field 11 lads from Edinburgh (preferably Jambos too).

tartofmidlothian

Speaking of PHM and laddies from Edinburgh, has anyone mentioned Ian Black yet? I know he seemed like yesterday's man when he left Rangers, but I just saw this article and realised he's made 60 appearances in League One in England over the last two years, as well as winning the League Two playoff last season with Blackpool.

If he didn't have the baggage of his time with Rangers I'd say he has the perfect pedigree for us right now, plus he's two years younger than Don Cowie. Levein gave him his controversial Scotland cap as well, so he must be a fan. Until the end of the season with the option of another year wouldn't be a bad move.

https://www.thescottishsun.co.uk/sport/football/1508892/rangers-ian-black-english-premier-league/

Speaking of PHM and laddies from Edinburgh, has anyone mentioned Ian Black yet? I know he seemed like yesterday's man when he left Rangers, but I just saw this article and realised he's made 60 appearances in League One in England over the last two years, as well as winning the League Two playoff last season with Blackpool.

If he didn't have the baggage of his time with Rangers I'd say he has the perfect pedigree for us right now, plus he's two years younger than Don Cowie. Levein gave him his controversial Scotland cap as well, so he must be a fan. Until the end of the season with the option of another year wouldn't be a bad move.

https://www.thescottishsun.co.uk/sport/football/1508892/rangers-ian-black-english-premier-league/

You're right but take it from me you're going to need a tin hat.

No thnaks

He's finished.  Wasn't good enough by the time he left us last time either. 

I would take him, tbh.

People are talking about Black as a tenacious ball winner. Forgetting that when he played well under Sergio it was mainly because Sergio told him to stop tackling people unless he was 100% certain of getting the ball and to stand off people and cut of their possible passes. As soon as he wasn't being coached by Sergio he went back to diving into daft tackles and fouling people. 

Im sure the hope is Callachan adds what we'd assume Blackie would, but hopefully with more pace and engine.

On his day, Black could control a game too but Djoum, Cowie and Martin are better technical players than he was or is. Prince at least on a par. Levein needs to get the best out of them - get the balance right.

So, basically we dont need him.

Howdy Doody Jambo

He played alongside Don Cowie at ICT is a good experienced pro, fit good games ratio would make an excellent addition to our squad

is the type of player you need in the derby

Im sure the hope is Callachan adds what we'd assume Blackie would, but hopefully with more pace and engine.

On his day, Black could control a game too but Djoum, Cowie and Martin are better technical players than he was or is. Prince at least on a par. Levein needs to get the best out of them - get the balance right.

So, basically we dont need him.

I've seen nothing of Martin to suggest he is remotely as good as Black.

Black was also playing very well for Blackpool and played alot of games for them.

He would be a very useful player to have in the squad.

On the surface it would look to be a low-risk gamble to offer him a 1-year deal but there is a reason he's without a club - wiki says he got 13 yellows and 2 reds in 7 months at Shrewsbury in season 2015-16 so it's clear there is a discipline problem. He was a marked man for referees when he played for us before so it's likely that would still be the case.

For that reason, I'm out!

Archived