***Potential signings/Transfer rumours Thread***

Bring Back Paulo Sergio

Escobar PHM

Rumour going around that Cathro's not got the final budget yet as to what can be spent 

on new signings. I'd imagine the budget will be finalised when Hearts manage to move 

more players on to get them off the wage bill, maybe receive monies for Paterson and 

Nicholson (USA BOUND ? NOTHING) and final season ticket numbers. We'll just have 

to be hopeful the negativity surrounding Cathro doesn't have a detrimental effect on 

Hearts ability to attract quality players to the club.

If that's true, then I am guessing we're a bit worried about ST sales not hitting the mark we thought they might. Hardly surprising given the abject performances of the last few months.

We wont get anything for Paterson until he is fit enough for a club to take him, so that wont be anytime soon, and it looks like we're getting nothing for Nicholson going by reports.

• Replies 11.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

What, so were surmising now that our player budget is determined by how many season tickets we've sold within the first couple of weeks of them goin on sale? Even though this has literally never been the case before?

Honest, some poor poor trolling/great great slaivering goin on here like!

Bridge of Djoum

Brilliant news, just renewed our 2 season tickets on the strength of your one rumour alone and people on here are saying Cathro's shit !!!!................ oh wait a minute, what if it's Edinburgh City he's signing for !!!!!!! Can I get a refund.

Looking more like Spartan's. Sorry.

Paul Shark

If that's true, then I am guessing we're a bit worried about ST sales not hitting the mark we thought they might. Hardly surprising given the abject performances of the last few months.

We wont get anything for Paterson until he is fit enough for a club to take him, so that wont be anytime soon, and it looks like we're getting nothing for Nicholson going by reports.

Season tickets will have some bearing on the budget but it would be great unless they are ridiculously low, which they won't be. Shifting the dead wood and unwanted will have an enormous impact on who we bring in.

Jambo 4 Ever

Just saw McPhee and Levein collecting someone at the airport. Didn't recognise who it was unfortunately!

What did he look like?

OmiyaHearts

What, so were surmising now that our player budget is determined by how many season tickets we've sold within the first couple of weeks of them goin on sale? Even though this has literally never been the case before?

Honest, some poor poor trolling/great great slaivering goin on here like!

Look at the poster who suggested it. Likes to get some negativity on every thread, if possible.

I doubt very much it's true.

The_razors_edge

Speaking of which ( off topic for a moment) I was in Dunbar at the weekend and the place was flooded with manky Sellik tap wearing pondlife. There was one guy in the whole town with a Hibs training top on. I was almost pleased to see him.

I was in santa ponsa. Absolutely crawling with green and grey hooped reptiles.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

McGowan is decent enough in a flat back four but not sure about him going forward the way that cathro is trying to play. Probably better options out there.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Could be decent in a back 3 though, especially one lacking pace.

BelgeJambo

Haha! Looked similar to Mackie but younger? Who knows?

Matty Taylor Bristol City has some resemblance to Mackie, but he is contracted to Bristol City unfortunaley

Rumour going around that Cathro's not got the final budget yet as to what can be spent 

on new signings. I'd imagine the budget will be finalised when Hearts manage to move 

more players on to get them off the wage bill, maybe receive monies for Paterson and 

Nicholson (USA BOUND ? NOTHING) and final season ticket numbers. We'll just have 

to be hopeful the negativity surrounding Cathro doesn't have a detrimental effect on 

You should hear the rumours going around about your allegiances.

Just saw McPhee and Levein collecting someone at the airport. Didn't recognise who it was unfortunately!

Can you elaborate a little? Foreign? Skin colour? Big? Small? Beard? Bald? Ponytail? Moustache?

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk

What did he look like?

A fat Harry Potter and Curt Cobain if he'd made it.

Lord Beni of Gorgie

Can you elaborate a little? Foreign? Skin colour? Big? Small? Beard? Bald? Ponytail? Moustache?

Short mousey brown reddish hair, spoke in riddles, carrying a box and a ball with him

julienbrellier

can we sign Liam Boyce please.  Surely we have the cash to secure him and he is a proven goalscorer in the league

Think anyone recall's who that businessman was? Be interesting to find out.

Ramiz Daheer was the business man. Was a provider of fruit and veg to the hotel and restaurant trade.

Great guy. Was originally Manager of restaurant in Craigleith.

Jambo 4 Ever

Short mousey brown reddish hair, spoke in riddles, carrying a box and a ball with him

:muggy:

Jambo 4 Ever

can we sign Liam Boyce please.  Surely we have the cash to secure him and he is a proven goalscorer in the league

Nah... too sensible... we will end up with some foreign nobody who has never heard of Hearts no doubt

fabienleclerq

Ramiz Daheer was the business man. Was a provider of fruit and veg to the hotel and restaurant trade.

Never paid his hospitality season ticket money iirc.

Elias Henry Furst

See Hibs have signed Murray from Dundee Utd

I don't see it with this boy.

can we sign Liam Boyce please. Surely we have the cash to secure him and he is a proven goalscorer in the league

Think being c. ?2m/?3m light on funding for a new stand is causing our owner some issues

Jambo 4 Ever

Think being c. ?2m/?3m light on funding for a new stand is causing our owner some issues

where did you hear that from?

Really....surely not. I'm sure Budge said there would be a smallish shortfall, but 2-3 million is not the pocket change it was made out to be. IF this is the case, then its pretty poor management by the Budge. In saying that...im sceptical that its that much.

Money offered will be a much bigger factor than Cathro's rep. Pity so many have not and are not renewing season tickets. We could maybe offer players more if they did.

Never paid his hospitality season ticket money iirc.

Correct. Still unpaid. Not welcome at the Club. Ramez Dohar.

Really....surely not. I'm sure Budge said there would be a smallish shortfall, but 2-3 million is not the pocket change it was made out to be. IF this is the case, then its pretty poor management by the Budge. In saying that...im sceptical that its that much.

If it's not that much then where's it come from?

Anyone who thinks the playing squad budget won't be compromised by having to fund a new stand is deluded.

It's a big call for Budge how she plays this. Said two weeks ago she expects 14,000 ST's to be sold. If it's lower than it all gets revised again

It's terrible timing to have a squad in such poor shape and a DoF endorsed Head Coach a dead man walking

These are all calls under her watch so she has to be accountable

John Findlay

Was right beside him at the Braga away game. Me in shorts and Hearts away top and melting. Him in suit and shirt and tie and not sweating. Great memory was him belting out the Hearts song at the top of his voice. I found it surreal at the time.

Anyone who thinks the playing squad budget won't be compromised by having to fund a new stand is deluded.

It's a big call for Budge how she plays this. Said two weeks ago she expects 14,000 ST's to be sold. If it's lower than it all gets revised again

It's terrible timing to have a squad in such poor shape and a DoF endorsed Head Coach a dead man walking

To be fair she has been pretty transparent on the funding for the new stand, this is from a year ago and gives details of the funding plan and shortfall.  Using a build up of financial reserves can only impact the playing budget, however funding a ?12m capital project without borrowing would be a terrific effort.

http://www.edinburghnews.scotsman.com/sport/football/hearts/budge-pledges-300k-to-new-stand-and-defers-hearts-repayment-1-4123949

Money offered will be a much bigger factor than Cathro's rep. Pity so many have not and are not renewing season tickets. We could maybe offer players more if they did.

"Have not and are not". Another falsehood casually passed off as fact lol.

Lucille's Thirsty

I think we will sell 14K season tickets comfortably IMO.

We all know as Jambos that the club is in good hands and we will keep ploughing in money because we know it's going to be put to good use unlike Romanov last couple of years we had no idea where the money was going.

15K IMO will be sold I know it seems unrealistic but we'll hit it.

I think the problem in the last two windows were that we waited too long to do business. When CL/RN got the business done early in the Championship season and the vast majority of the squad had a full pre-season, we reaped the rewards. 

It is absolutely vital we do the same this season. 

not believing until kimosavi confirms....

siegementality

Where do you get these names for people. Petulant child. Come on.

It's the English language, try getting a grasp of it.

Gordon Ramsay

See Hibs have signed Murray from Dundee Utd

Headless chicken.

not believing until kimosavi confirms....

I cannot confirm

"Have not and are not". Another falsehood casually passed off as fact lol.

Theres been a fair few on here saying they are not renewing, or won't renew until they see who we bring in. Others saying they have cancelled their FoH subs.

Theres been a fair few on here saying they are not renewing, or won't renew until they see who we bring in. Others saying they have cancelled their FoH subs.

There's also been a fair few saying they ARE renewing, and who WONT cancel their FOH subs. Either way, to take these 'opinions' as some sort of gospel that it's affecting our transfer budget is either thick, or trolling.

Elias Henry Furst

I've also read a few posts with people saying their group of season ticket holders will be increasing and people stating they're in a position to buy a season ticket this year for the first time in a while.

People will see what they want to see.

Season ticket sales will remain strong, I reckon. I personally don't know anyone who isn't renewing.

Dont underestimate the loyalty of the Tynecastle support.

I think we'll hit 14k.

I've also read a few posts with people saying their group of season ticket holders will be increasing and people stating they're in a position to buy a season ticket this year for the first time in a while.

Season ticket sales will remain strong, I reckon. I personally don't know anyone who isn't renewing.

I think we'll hit 14k.

There have certainly been quite a few professing their love for our club who then spend their time tearing us a part..then they claim to have friends and friends of friends along with numerous family members who are not renewing...........just how true that is up for debate.

I happen to think we are under pressure to keep the current numbers attending but the club can get the genuine waverers back with a few decent signings and positive news around the club.  Fans are fickle and just a hint of change and improvement will bring benefits in terms of renewals.

The club for the first time in a few seasons has to work to retain and grow it's support base

Correct. Still unpaid. Not welcome at the Club. Ramez Dohar.

Would relate to pre admin so probably written off.

I think we will sell 14K season tickets comfortably IMO.

We all know as Jambos that the club is in good hands and we will keep ploughing in money because we know it's going to be put to good use unlike Romanov last couple of years we had no idea where the money was going.

15K IMO will be sold I know it seems unrealistic but we'll hit it.

15000 season tickets would be a remarkable achievement

Lucille's Thirsty

15000 season tickets would be a remarkable achievement

I feel we will bit that around that mark Spence a few more those Berra type signings and a whole summer without football plus we won't be a home for the first month of the new season it'll be a sell out no matter who we play.

I think we'll hit 14k.

I haven't had a season ticket since 2012, work commitments, financial constraints, kids, life really. This season I am planning on getting both myself and my son a season ticket. Only Cat B, but it's a start. :-)

Elias Henry Furst

I haven't had a season ticket since 2012, work commitments, financial constraints, kids, life really. This season I am planning on getting both myself and my son a season ticket. Only Cat B, but it's a start. :-)

Enjoy!

:thumbsup:

Apparently, and I am no way itk, but a mate of mine has said that we have made a bid for Boyce. He isn't a football fan and wouldn't know Boyce from Nade but knows someone at Hearts.

If he's talking crap I have informed him he's getting a crack in the jaw lol

franko1874

Exactly the same as me, word for word. My son is 4 now so I feel it is time. Can't wait for ST'S to go on general sale :-)

Archived