Cooncil Elections

Gershwin

Radio Ga Ga

SNP lose overall control of Dundee, did not expect nor see that one coming.

• Replies 886
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Radio Ga Ga

Where's Cosmic Fish poster?

Crying into his wee dram?

It's only going to get worse, Tory's now up 91, SNP DOWN 21, Oh dear!

AlphonseCapone

Now what will be interesting is what these Tories do with their new positions, will they actually make a difference to the people who elected them or will it be a case of the people getting their fingers burnt?

Only time will tell.

Correct, but what is interesting is the seats they are winning eg Aberdeenshire/ Perthshire are target seats in the General Election.

A fair point.  Tories doing well.  (Too well in my lefty mind!!! :wink: )

Radio Ga Ga

Now what will be interesting is what these Tories do with their new positions, will they actually make a difference to the people who elected them or will it be a case of the people getting their fingers burnt?

Only time will tell.

Can't do much worse than the SNP their replacing

doctor jambo

The silent middle that she wooed are turning blue again

GE will see more Tory MP's returning to the wealthier parts of the country again

salmond gambled and lost

Nicola has jumped the gun and will, of necessity, have to fall on her stilleto

The silent middle that she wooed are turning blue again

GE will see more Tory MP's returning to the wealthier parts of the country again

salmond gambled and lost

Nicola has jumped the gun and will, of necessity, have to fall on her stilleto

Ah man!!!! Now you got me thinking about her in Stilletos

:boak:

markphmfc

21 seats (as it stands) isn't a great sign. I expected some losses however I expected gains. This is a bit of a disaster.

AlphonseCapone

Can't do much worse than the SNP their replacing

That's not necessarily a challenge I'd be setting folk.

Snp losing 20 seats

Conservatives gaining 100 and labour losing 68.

So not just a case of tories gaining labour voters :)

21 seats (as it stands) isn't a great sign. I expected some losses however I expected gains. This is a bit of a disaster.

Swings and roundabouts.

The overall share of vote will be interesting.

I suspect the Tories to take a few in Edinburgh.  

Only two councils have changed hands though, one SNP and one Labour moving to NOC.

There is a Tory vote out there, and despite what has been posted previously, the key driver is an anti snp protest vote.  If it was a ringing endorsement of Tory policy, I'd be very surprised.

Snp losing 20 seats

Conservatives gaining 100 and labour losing 68.

So not just a case of tories gaining labour voters :)

So are you saying that no labour voters voted Tory in the seats lost by the SNP?  Or even ranked the Tory higher than the SNP?

Remmember the electoral system will have something to do with seat distribution, so to map exactly over to westminster (for example) may yield different results given FPTP,

Voting Tory as an anti-SNP protest vote is a bit like shitting your hotel bed as a protest against poor room service, and then realising you now have to sleep in a shitted bed.

deesidejambo

Swings and roundabouts.

The overall share of vote will be interesting.

I suspect the Tories to take a few in Edinburgh.  

Only two councils have changed hands though, one SNP and one Labour moving to NOC.

There is a Tory vote out there, and despite what has been posted previously, the key driver is an anti snp protest vote.  If it was a ringing endorsement of Tory policy, I'd be very surprised.

Of course its not an endorsement of the Tories.

Its a pummelling of the SNP.

Once Indy gets booted out then, and only then, can we return to normal voting patterns.

In the meantime everything is an IndyRef.    The Council elections, and the GE in June.  Its Indy thats overshadowing everything.

Thanks Nicola Sturgeon.

Radio Ga Ga

Sturgeons father Robin has failed to get elected in Irvine South having only received 681 votes, he got 1,164 in the August 2016 by-election :10800:

Their teas oot

The Gnats are being swatted.

Panic setting into Krankie Manor, as roof the moofs Tories kick their arses in the cooncil elections.

Bigger to come in 5 weeks Nats will lose a lot of seats, nippy Nic jumped in heels first. She'll be gone by June 9/10th

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

SNP is down one seat overall

A "Pummelling". The "end of independence" 

:gok:

It's currently at -18 seats.

deesidejambo

Check the results.

Indy - gtf.

ToadKiller Dog

Lib dens seem to be going nowhere .

Green not picking up as much as expected .

It's not great for SNP but not that bad either much of a standing still in council terms .for a a party in charge it's not a major decline .did some of the Snp support sit on their hands

Tory's have done well the only talk about independence tactic has worked well and got support out to their side but will see if that holds in the GE with a higher turnout and a Fptp system .

Labour the biggest losers stupid campaign largely trying to out unionist the Tory party never going to win ,they should have attached the Tory party in policy or lack of .

Interesting times .

But this is a council election not a GE or holyrood it's easy to over read the results .

Radio Ga Ga

EH NO again. their currently down 17 seats and counting! Look at the overall picure, the Tory's are currently up 103 seats, if you think this is a good sign for independence then you're deluded I'm afraid, FFS they've lost control of a council in their heartland, Dundee

ToadKiller Dog

The Snp still overall have won this election in terms of the largest Party .

Will we see Tory and Labour partnerships running. Councils .the Snp have ruled out going in coalition with the Tory party in any council .

One ward left to declare in Edinburgh. Unless all seats go to SNP and Labour then we'll be getting a change of council. No more Labour/SNP coalition.

Tories and SNP both on 17, Labour 11, Greens 8 and LD 6. 4 seats left in the final ward (Liberton/Gilmerton).

John Findlay

Will we see Tory and Labour partnerships running. Councils .the Snp have ruled out going in coalition with the Tory party in any council .

Let's see with regard to Edinburgh.

Cade is sat in a room with Pans smoking some good shit.

spaced oot and upside doon are glued to WOS looking for guidance form the lord and master 

maroonlegions

Yip.

SNP and Labour should now concentrate of attacking this Tory governments policies of their time in government so far.

They cannot let this general election become a battle of debate about independence and BREXIT .

The Tories would love such a debate battle rather than be held accountable for their attacks on welfare and the NHS.

They need to be relentlessly quizzed and pursued on their track records of their time in government.  

Radio Ga Ga

Yip.

SNP and Labour should now concentrate of attacking this Tory governments policies of their time in government so far.

They cannot let this general election become a battle of debate about independence and BREXIT .

The Tories would love such a debate battle rather than be held accountable for their attacks on welfare and the NHS.

They need to be relentlessly quizzed and pursued on their track records of their time in government.  

This is exactly why the electorate are turning away from the SNP, they're a one trick pony.

deesidejambo

Yip.

On that we agree.

But the problem is it wont happen.

Nicola Sturgeon explicitly said that Independence is at the heart of the GE.   Salmond said the same.

Thanks to these statements the election will be yet another proxy indy vote.

Thank Nicola and Eck for that.

With the amount of NOC's it will certainly be interesting to see who teams up with who.

Thunderstruck

This is exactly why the electorate are turning away from the SNP, they're a one trick pony.

And, they are not very good at that trick.

The Treasurer

Anyone in Scotland who votes Tory must be too young to remember the Thatcher years

Thunderstruck

Good result for Andy Burnham in Manchester - how much more electable Labour would be with someone like him as leader.

maroonlegions

Anyone in Scotland who votes Tory must be too young to remember the Thatcher years

:2thumbsup:

Turkeys voting for Christmas. 

maroonlegions

Good result for Andy Burnham in Manchester - how much more electable Labour would be with someone like him as leader.

Agree. Jeremy needs to feck off.

maroonlegions

On that we agree.

But the problem is it wont happen.

Nicola Sturgeon explicitly said that Independence is at the heart of the GE.   Salmond said the same.

Thanks to these statements the election will be yet another proxy indy vote.

Thank Nicola and Eck for that.

Tories get in again thanks to wee Eck and Crankie then, looking more and more like it .  :facepalm:

SNP fecking it up again .  :vrface:

Dawnrazor

Andy(I'll say anything you want just vote for me please)Burnham is a spineless twat, they need a stringer much more credible leader, who's the MP for Doncaster/Sheffield? Tall guy ex Army? Something like him, but credible leaders on the Labour front bench are totally absent.

SwindonJambo

Andy(I'll say anything you want just vote for me please)Burnham is a spineless twat, they need a stringer much more credible leader, who's the MP for Doncaster/Sheffield? Tall guy ex Army? Something like him, but credible leaders on the Labour front bench are totally absent.

Dan Jarvis. 

markphmfc

If I agreed with more of the stories policies than the SNP I'd have no issue voting for them. To think otherwise shows people to be small minded and stuck in the past.

deesidejambo

SNP now showing an overall gain of 11

:jjyay:

Are you on WoS or something?

Geoff the Mince

Great to see Ward 9 return such an enthusiastic vote for the Conservatives .

Labour down to 4th .

Where's Cosmic Fish poster?

Crying into his wee dram?

Is he not now the Lord Provost of Briggadoon?

manaliveits105

Krankies now realising Jimmy has sold the jerseys they will get mackrelled in the GE

Yvette Cooper.

deesidejambo

So at the same stage in 2012 the SNP had a 50 seat lead over the party with the second most seats, this time around the gap has grown to 100.

Tick tock indeed.

That makes no sense.   

Dawnrazor

Yvette Cooper.

A bit wishy washy in the leadership contest for me. It's not going to be easy to find anyone, but she will be one of the better options from a very poor bunch.

ToadKiller Dog

Krankies now realising Jimmy has sold the jerseys they will get mackrelled in the GE

The sky prediction based on yesterday's vote has the Tory party with a 48 majority at Westminster with SNP holding 54 seats.

Archived