Cooncil Elections

Gershwin

Pans Jambo

I see the Telegraph this morning are claiming that the Tories have taken many seats in Scotland.....Unyet the counting doesnt even start until 9am this morning  :Aye:

• Replies 886
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Greens got my first vote.

Glad UKIP will be an utter irrelevance soon tbh. The intelligent UKIP voters last time will now be voting Tory I'd presume.

Back to the BNP or Tory. Same thing really.

deesidejambo

And? I meant your pride of England taking so called sovereignty back. I voted remain and it served my purpose. Indyref2 on the way, doesn't matter a damn how many SNP MPs there is next month. Holyrood has spoken and May's excuses of now is not the time won't wash, now.

IndyRef2 is definitely unstoppable. The sooner the better as you will lose. Again.

Bowmans_Boot

IndyRef2 is definitely unstoppable. The sooner the better as you will lose. Again.

Given that you dont live in Scotland and your "glorious Little England" comments, why does Scottish independence matter so much to you?

Bowmans_Boot

His family stay here, and they don't want it?

I surmise. Dunno why I'm answering for him. :lol:

Sorry, both.

If he has family here then fair enough, I guess. He just seems to feel very, very strongly about something that has little to do with him. Other than scoring points on a message board, that is.

AlphonseCapone

If he has family here then fair enough, I guess. He just seems to feel very, very strongly about something that has little to do with him. Other than scoring points on a message board, that is.

Tbf to him, Scottish Independence will impact the whole of the UK, not just us. It's our choice but it isn't without consequence beyond our border.

Dusk_Till_Dawn

Big gains for the Tories down south.

I think what we'll see at this election is proof that the silent majority who think things are awright (not great but awright) is massive and vastly outweighs the loud voices shouting about how terrible life is under the conservatives.

markphmfc

I see the Telegraph this morning are claiming that the Tories have taken many seats in Scotland.....Unyet the counting doesnt even start until 9am this morning :Aye:

Care too post the link to this?

deesidejambo

Given that you dont live in Scotland and your "glorious Little England" comments, why does Scottish independence matter so much to you?

I live in Scotland. And you quote me as saying glorious which I didn't.

Apart from that your post is garbage

Bowmans_Boot

I live in Scotland. And you quote me as saying glorious which I didn't.

Apart from that your post is garbage

Fair enough ?

deesidejambo

Fair enough ?

Naw probs. I could probably have written the post better.

Iwasa strong Remainer and was spitting feathers over the result on the day, as the Brexit thread will confirm.

I don't mean I support Little England, I meant beware of them.

Bowmans_Boot

Iwasa strong Remainer and was spitting feathers over the result on the day, as the Brexit thread will confirm.

Yeah, I picked you up wrongly. Apologies.

Like you, I was gutted about Brexit but our opinions on Scottish independence could not be further apart!!

markphmfc

I see the Telegraph this morning are claiming that the Tories have taken many seats in Scotland.....Unyet the counting doesnt even start until 9am this morning :Aye:

Still waiting on you posting the link tae this cracker?

deesidejambo

Yeah, I picked you up wrongly. Apologies.

Like you, I was gutted about Brexit but our opinions on Scottish independence could not be further apart!!

No worries.  And Bowman was an absolute legend.

deesidejambo

Still waiting on you posting the link tae this cracker?

Its probably a bit of guesswork from the Journos - from the data down south Labour are losing many votes - up here these will go to either Tory or SNP depending on what side of the Indy fence the voters were.  

So I expect both SNP and Tory will both claim "victory" in Scotland later today.    Cue more division. 

But yet you would still vote Tory?  

Its probably a bit of guesswork from the Journos - from the data down south Labour are losing many votes - up here these will go to either Tory or SNP depending on what side of the Indy fence the voters were.  

So I expect both SNP and Tory will both claim "victory" in Scotland later today.    Cue more division

Division.  That's the nature of politics, is it not?

markphmfc

So I expect both SNP and Tory will both claim "victory" in Scotland later today. Cue more division.

Ive read most of the articles from the outlet he's quoting and I'm yet to read anything suggesting what he's posted. Not calling anyone out and I just want to read said article.

Pans Jambo

Care too post the link to this?

naw. Read it on my FB feed on my mobile this morning in bed. I'm at work now so you will just have to take my word for it.

Edit: In any case, the headline on the feed has now changed to something about Labour getting a tanking or something.

deesidejambo

Division.  That's the nature of politics, is it not?

Yes but to an extent.     There is usually some form of consensual acceptance of vote outcomes in political issues, and the opportunity every five years to change your representation.  

But on constitutional issues it is more important to try and get a consensual outcome that all can accept for the benefit of all, as the outcome is permanent on one side of the vote.     Consensus is simply not going to happen here, regardless of who "wins"  Indy2. 

deesidejambo

But yet you would still vote Tory?  

As explained previously, I will vote Tory for tactical reasons as I oppose Indy and that issue is top priority for me.

If there was no Indy I would revert back to voting on the other issues, and these days usually vote LibDem.

I will also vote Tory at the GE just to annoy the trolls.

markphmfc

naw. Read it on my FB feed on my mobile this morning in bed. I'm at work now so you will just have to take my word for it.

Read it on FB. Must be true :facepalm:

There are a couple of posters that seem happy twisting stuff to suit their own agenda. Having read quite a few of your posts you'd do well changing your name to Pans Piper. Im SNP through and through but its dafties like you that give the rest of us a bad name.

Edit: You can't back it up :rofl:

Pans Jambo

Yes but to an extent.     There is usually some form of consensual acceptance of vote outcomes in political issues, and the opportunity every five years to change your representation.  

But on constitutional issues it is more important to try and get a consensual outcome that all can accept for the benefit of all, as the outcome is permanent on one side of the vote.     Consensus is simply not going to happen here, regardless of who "wins"  Indy2. 

I think most would accept the first result if it wasnt for the complete lying during the referendum campaign (The Vow etc) and the 'if you want to stay part of the EU then you must vote No' shite that was peddled.

Nobody can complain about a fair fight can they?

Pans Jambo

Read it on FB. Must be true :facepalm:

There are a couple of posters that seem happy twisting stuff to suit their own agenda. Having read quite a few of your posts you'd do well changing your name to Pans Piper. Im SNP through and through but its dafties like you that give the rest of us a bad name.

Before you go off on one again.

It was the official Telegraph news feed on FB NOT someones opinion piece ya numpty!

Whatever you may think I'm not the person who reads gossip on FB and passes it along as gospel.

Is that OK with you?

deesidejambo

I think most would accept the first result if it wasnt for the complete lying during the referendum campaign (The Vow etc) and the 'if you want to stay part of the EU then you must vote No' shite that was peddled.

Nobody can complain about a fair fight can they?

Its more the fact that if a vote is No it can be re-run at any time in the future, as we have clearly seen!

But if it is Yes then there is no way back.

For that reason a simple majority of 51/49 for Yes is not bringing consensus as it means half the country didn't want it and there is no way back, but for th either side they can keep going forever.  That to me lacks fairness.

Pans Jambo

Its more the fact that if a vote is No it can be re-run at any time in the future, as we have clearly seen!

But if it is Yes then there is no way back.

For that reason a simple majority of 51/49 for Yes is not bringing consensus as it means half the country didn't want it and there is no way back, but for th either side they can keep going forever.  That to me lacks fairness.

I agree but as I said, the lying sneaky barstewards laid the foundations for the 2nd referendum.

They pished the bed and they can lie in in as far as I am concerned. Getting what you want by lying and cheating is always wrong.

Bowmans_Boot

I agree but as I said, the lying sneaky barstewards laid the foundations for the 2nd referendum.

They pished the bed and they can lie in in as far as I am concerned. Getting what you want by lying and cheating is always wrong.

I agree with this. I thought the No campaign was one of the worst ever in terms of honesty.

markphmfc

Before you go off on one again.

It was the official Telegraph news feed on FB NOT someones opinion piece ya numpty!

Whatever you may think I'm not the person who reads gossip on FB and passes it along as gospel.

Is that OK with you?

Oh believe me I didn't think anyone was daft enough to post that on FB. I'll just have to take your word for it that it DID actually happen though :Aye:

Pans Jambo

Oh believe me I didn't think anyone was daft enough to post that on FB. I'll just have to take your word for it that it DID actually happen though :Aye:

:shark:

markphmfc

seriously though. Other SNP voters wonder why the yoons think we're completely blinkered. Its nae wonder when you've got people posting shit like that.

Space Mackerel

As explained previously, I will vote Tory for tactical reasons as I oppose Indy and that issue is top priority for me.

If there was no Indy I would revert back to voting on the other issues, and these days usually vote LibDem.

What has refuse collection, street lighting and pub licensing got to do with Indy 2?

SNP should have been the obvious vote for me. I'm Scottish, I love Scotland and take great pride in being of this amazing country.

I didn't though. Principles aside I just cannot bring myself to vote for any member of the SNP after listening to Sturgeon for the last few years. Nothing she ever says comes across as sounding like it's in Scotlands best interests. I've lost total faith in them as a party.

Dawnrazor

Apparently Fergisley Park has its first Tory counselor ever.

markphmfc

What has refuse collection, street lighting and pub licensing got to do with Indy 2?

you and Pans related?

deesidejambo

They'll hang him

Apparently Ferguslie Park has its first Tory counselor ever.

Huge gains for Tories in England and Scotland predicted to be big Tory gains as well.

So much for the Indy campaigners when the main unionist party is making larger gains than the Nats.

Blows away their argument for an Indy Ref 2. Still there will be some deluded fuds clinging to the last thread of their tartan tat kilts in desperation.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

But they will take that as a mandate for what they will do.  I get you don't want the SNP, I'd probably agree with you more often than not!

But to cast your vote for a lot that you are in effect supporting the "Little England" you say you abhor.

I just don't get your logic.  That said it is your democratic right to vote how you wish.

Huge gains for Tories in England and Scotland predicted to be big Tory gains as well.

So much for the Indy campaigners when the main unionist party is making larger gains than the Nats.

Blows away their argument for an Indy Ref 2. Still there will be some deluded fuds clinging to the last thread of their tartan tat kilts in desperation.

Indyref2 was voted through in Holyrood. The SNP will keep their share of the vote. Your mob will just replace Labour as a pish second. Hardly huge gains. Shite replace shite, to become the shitest in second.

Indyref2 was voted through in Holyrood. The SNP will keep their share of the vote. Your mob will just replace Labour as a pish second. Hardly huge gains. Shite replace shite, to become the shitest in second.

Voted through Holyrood means SFA Westminster has to approve it.

Dry your eyes sweety accept that more people In Scotland prefer to be part of the union than those wishing to separate it.

https://www.google.co.uk/search?q=theresa+may+deal+with+it&prmd=ivn&source=lnms&tbm=isch&sa=X&ved=0ahUKEwjHjYLU0NjTAhWDdpoKHbW2DrkQ_AUICSgB&biw=375&bih=591#tbm=isch&q=theresa+may+deal+with+it+gif&imgrc=ab-Sw6jDilzY4M:&spf=461

Conservatives making gains on a low turnout which usually favours the snp

They are panicking :)

deesidejambo

But they will take that as a mandate for what they will do. I get you don't want the SNP, I'd probably agree with you more often than not!

But to cast your vote for a lot that you are in effect supporting the "Little England" you say you abhor.

I just don't get your logic. That said it is your democratic right to vote how you wish.

You think I'm happy about it? Am I ****. Me and my kids are voting on issues we would rather not vote on.

Until Indy gets tae **** we have no choice.

Fks sake

But they will take that as a mandate for what they will do. I get you don't want the SNP, I'd probably agree with you more often than not!

I just don't get your logic. That said it is your democratic right to vote how you wish.

The party that brought about brexit and is using little Englander propaganda to win an election and do wherever they want. But hey he'll still vote for them, but the SNP are evil, how dare they want independence and full democracy for Scotland.

Mars plastic

I agree with this. I thought the No campaign was one of the worst ever in terms of honesty.

Wow, coming from a nationalist, that's a real surprise. I particularly liked fattie's honesty that we would be using the pound as our currency.

Thunderstruck

Ouch, that's got to smart a bit being so close to the site of the "car plant shut by the Tories".

Pans Jambo

Seems (thus far) this statement seems to be true.

Archived