Cooncil Elections

Gershwin

Trapper John McIntyre

Nationalists did not get skelped.

They won by a landslide much like last time. All that's happened is third place narrowly leapfrogging second.

Where did they win?

• Replies 886
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Space Mackerel

On what do you base that?

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Common sense demographics and news outlets outside Sky, BBC and the likes.

Pro union makes you British, I, like the majority of SCOTS!!! voted yes.

You, British, Me, Scottish. Quite simple really. :D Simple, sums up no/Tory voters.

I find it baffling there's still grown men hurting :lol:

Get over it man, I voted yes, yes lost. Quite simple really :lol:

It's safe to go outside every now and again, there's a clever lad.

Trapper John McIntyre

Wings...?

MacDonald Jardine
Your pain sustains me :)

FREEEEEEEEEEEEDUM :rofl:

A country thatd main tourist attraction is the 12th July sums it up. Oh to be a colonialist.

You have no idea.

kingantti1874

None, it becomes a separate state and goes it's own way, much like every other state that's partied company.

Did you see Australia and Canada pay anything?

:rofl:

Trapper John McIntyre

Daily Express pal. I seen it, it was in the paper.

Feck me gently!

You read the Express???

kingantti1874

Ooooooooft. Wrong again. :lol:

Scotland the only region to export more than it imports.

5a8ce88ea5f25e322b20633626012887.png

So what now for your argument?

eh. You've posted a picture of imports versus exports in relation to a point about Scotland share of the deficit.. Do you even know what the deficit is? Google it for **** sake before you post anything as silly again.

Space Mackerel

eh. You've posted a picture of imports versus exports in relation to a point about Scotland share of the deficit.. Do you even know what the deficit is? Google it for **** sake before you post anything as silly again.

The debt is ?1.8 Trillion.

http://www.nationaldebtclock.co.uk/

Nationalists did not get skelped.

They won by a landslide much like last time. All that's happened is third place narrowly leapfrogging second.

Rayyyy ginnnn

Perfect username for today

:biggrin:

Trapper John McIntyre

Aw Kingy, you spoiled it!

MacDonald Jardine

HAHA! Remind me why Ireland isn't ond country again? Oh because there are too many bigotted Orangemen in Ulster. Are you an Orangeman Phil?

That's a belter.

kingantti1874

Check back :)

I don't need to.. The deficit isn't 1.8.. I have a greater than your average 3 year olds grasp of economics..

kingantti1874

The National DEBT is ?1.8 Trillion

yey.. Now go figure out why your picture of imports versus exports has absolutely **** all to do with deficit or debt..

Trapper John McIntyre

yey.. Now go figure out why your picture of imports versus exports has absolutely **** all to do with deficit or debt..

Bully.

MacDonald Jardine

So more Catholics = more Nationalists?

Who's the bigot here?

kingantti1874

What is the National debt?

The amount the UK (including Scotland) current owes.. That debt (as per the calculator you kindly posted) is currently growing at a ridiculous rate.. Scotland share of UK spending is responsible for the majority of that ridiculous growth despite our relatively small population and domestic product.. In a post independence Scotland, we would have to rapidly increase taxes and cut spending as our current level of spend (on things like the pretty pictures you posted above, baby boxes, free prescriptions, education and tolls) is not sustainable. No government or institution would lend Scotland those sums.. Cuts and tax hikes would be immediate and deep.

Space Mackerel

You tell me and the board. We are all dying to know how we don't make or sell anything but I can buy a 70 inch UHD tele next year?

Space Mackerel

The amount the UK (including Scotland) current owes.. That debt (as per the calculator you kindly posted) is currently growing at a ridiculous rate.. Scotland share of UK spending is responsible for the majority of that ridiculous growth despite our relatively small population and domestic product.. In a post independence Scotland, we would have to rapidly increase taxes and cut spending as our current level of spend (on things like the pretty pictures you posted above, baby boxes, free prescriptions, education and tolls) is not sustainable. No government or institution would lend Scotland those sums.. Cuts and tax hikes would be immediate and deep.

baby boxes caused the ?1.8 Trillion debt now aye? [emoji23]

Trapper John McIntyre

baby boxes caused the ?1.8 Trillion debt now aye? [emoji23]

Deflection.

Space Mackerel

Deflection.

It was all Scotlands fault we are ?1.85 trillion in debt [emoji23]

None, it becomes a separate state and goes it's own way, much like every other state that's partied company.

Did you see Australia and Canada pay anything?

Your getting out of your depth now. I think you should quit now. Bang your indy drum all you like and slate the torries it's all very cute but statements like this don't help your case.

See after independence when the shit is hitting the fan and our taxes are through the roof where will your snp chums be then?

Do you think these multinational companies will hang around long? What will happen to our education system. The NHS will be no more...what replaces it and who pays. Massive job cuts will happen at naval bases and the surrounding areas. Is it worth it or do the snp just stop now win the vote for a better Scotland driven by them as part of the union and heal the massive divisions they created in a previously proud nation??

Trapper John McIntyre

Your getting out of your depth now. I think you should quit now. Bang your indy drum all you like and slate the torries it's all very cute but statements like this don't help your case.

See after independence when the shit is hitting the fan and our taxes are through the roof where will your snp chums be then?

Do you think these multinational companies will hang around long? What will happen to our education system. The NHS will be no more...what replaces it and who pays. Massive job cuts will happen at naval bases and the surrounding areas. Is it worth it or do the snp just stop now win the vote for a better Scotland driven by them as part of the union and heal the massive divisions they created in a previously proud nation??

In ten-twenty tears time, the SNP and their pathetic, non-productive and destructive shit will just be a memory.

Fecking unpleasant one, though. The damage they've caused the fabric of the country will take longer to heal.

Never was a nation cursed with such a bunch of rogues.

In ten-twenty tears time, the SNP and their pathetic, non-productive and destructive shit will just be a memory.

Fecking unpleasant one, though. The damage they've caused the fabric of the country will take longer to heal.

Never was a nation cursed with such a bunch of rogues.

OO still paying you to post on here then? or have you just got Tourettes?

Anyway sorry you've lost Edinburgh today and are about to get pushed off into a wee corner.

But then you are a Tory **** so not really that much sympathy tbh!

Trapper John McIntyre

Anyway sorry you've lost Edinburgh today and are about to get pushed off into a wee corner.

Painful thing to have to come to terms with the fact that you're fantasy has died a bitter death.

You'll get over it.

MacDonald Jardine

Lost Edinburgh? In what way?

And your reference to Tories is pathetic.

Trapper John McIntyre

Lost Edinburgh? In what way?

And your reference to Tories is pathetic.

I really don't think all these relatively new found SNP half-arsed lovers of Scottish Independence fully comprehend the concept of nationalism and all it entails.

And I don't expect them to understand what happened in Scotland yesterday means either. The rump of Labour supporters that remain jumped ship to the Tory party en masse and probably will again in greater numbers on June 8th.

That doesn't make them Tories, merely Tory voters.

But going forward it ultimately will make them Tories and they along with the detritus of the Labour support, Liberals and non Indy supporting SNP voters (God help us) will create an ununpenetrable wall of Union support that along with increased apathy among the soft SNP voters will, end the Nat hegemony in Scotland.

The Union voice has awoken at last.

Geoff Kilpatrick

Just had a look at my old area in Dunfermline to find a Tory had won a seat for the area on Fife Council. The Tories didn't even put up a candidate when I lived there! :laugh:

Trapper John McIntyre

Just had a look at my old area in Dunfermline to find a Tory had won a seat for the area on Fife Council. The Tories didn't even put up a candidate when I lived there! :laugh:

Geoff, that was just one of many astonishing results today none of us have witnessed before.

Thanks, SNP.

Painful thing to have to come to terms with the fact that you're fantasy has died a bitter death.

You'll get over it.

Here is the News (5 weeks time).

May gets landslide victory in general election. She can now get on with ensuring the best possible deal out of EU for the UK.

Corbyn resigns as front man for Labour after a painful night for his pressure group. He joins Tony WMD Blair, Gordon Brown, Kinnock, Hatton & Foot in the land of nod!

Because of the importance of the next 5 years of Brexit and the need for a stable period of government for 5 years after Brexit, it will be at least 10 years before we even hear of the Labour pressure group again.

Sturgeon has been put in her place by the people of Britain after she was refused yet another waste of time referendum. However, the good people of Scotland support the SNP positioning in UK politics as a credible opposition and she agrees to get on with her day job.

In USA, Trump wins second term in office. North Korea becomes 51st state.

Angela Rippon.

Trapper John McIntyre

Here is the News (5 weeks time).

May gets landslide victory in general election. She can now get on with ensuring the best possible deal out of EU for the UK.

Corbyn resigns as front man for Labour after a painful night for his pressure group. He joins Tony WMD Blair, Gordon Brown, Kinnock, Hatton & Foot in the land of nod!

Because of the importance of the next 5 years of Brexit and the need for a stable period of government for 5 years after Brexit, it will be at least 10 years before we even hear of the Labour pressure group again.

Sturgeon has been put in her place by the people of Britain after she was refused yet another waste of time referendum. However, the good people of Scotland support the SNP positioning in UK politics as a credible opposition and she agrees to get on with her day job.

In USA, Trump wins second term in office. North Korea becomes 51st state.

Angela Rippon.

I like your mind.

Maroon Sailor

Good news is we only have 35 days left of Corbyn as the leader of the opposition

Utter bollocks.

Edin West and East Renfrew will not go SNP. So 54...

That's my Tory seat predictions, x2.

Labour will lose their only seat because if the behaviour of the man in the seat. It certainly won't be Tory, that's for sure.

Massive divisions? No divisions. Scots are united in the quest to rid Scotland of it's oppressive rulers, who have given her only pain through the engine of destruction, the Tory party, hell bent in more oppression of the Scots, who feed their London Empire with its natural resources. Only a fool would vote to keep Scotland from full democracy and tied in chains.

But hey, you keep putting Scotland down. I Wonder if the English are so disgustingly negative about their country, after losing half it's trade and leaving the EU. What's that? No you say.

Why don't you and everyone else of the cult of Stockholm, tell us the real reason for choosing oppression. Cause it certainly isn't economic and currency issues (or the NHS, because that is gone under WM Conservatism). It has to be said, what a pathetic attitude you have against Scotland, no wonder you have no self respect or pride. But on the other hand, I have nothing but pride in the realisation Scotland and her Scots people are fighting to save her from the absolute crime of oppression, under the guise of unionism.

So Nae luck, son, yer teas oot. GB is no more, it's taken its last breath and it's only a matter of time before it exhales and drowns from the Scottish avalanche of independence.

Tick Tock!!!

Mintit!!!

Seymour M Hersh

Good news is we only have 35 days left of Corbyn as the leader of the opposition

Do you though. I doubt Corbyn and his cronies at momentum will walk away even after a crushing defeat. They'll be quite happy getting to spout their nonsense as a mere pressure group as opposed to genuine opposition because that's really all they are. Until the labour party leadership election rules change they seem to hold the power to elect him ad nauseam (unless I'm missing something). 

Pans Jambo

Overall not a bad day for the SNP yesterday. Gained a small amount of seats & lost overall control of Dundee but by far the largest support in Scotland with 56% more seats than the scum. The horse trading will start now but I am glad that the SNP wont be doing any deals with the shite.

Labour's supporters showing their utter contempt for Corbyn and voted for the risable filth as a protest vote and NOT for 'Ms No Surrender Tank Commander prove that youve been raped Davidson'.

Overall a good day.

Bowmans_Boot

Overall not a bad day for the SNP yesterday. Gained a small amount of seats & lost overall control of Dundee but by far the largest support in Scotland with 56% more seats than the scum. The horse trading will start now but I am glad that the SNP wont be doing any deals with the shite.

Labour's supporters showing their utter contempt for Corbyn and voted for the risable filth as a protest vote and NOT for 'Ms No Surrender Tank Commander prove that youve been raped Davidson'.

Overall a good day.

- the SNP clearly won: more votes and seats than any other party

- largest party in the four biggest cities

These facts SHOULD have made it a day to celebrate but the Tories gaining so much meant it could not possibly be.

SNP won the most votes but you would only be trying to convince yourselves by claiming it was a good day for them.

Bowmans_Boot

SNP won the most votes but you would only be trying to convince yourselves by claiming it was a good day for them.

It most certainly wasnt a bad one.

The Tories are trying a little too hard following their success.

SNP based Indyfail1 on 2 things:

Oil revenues

Ending the Tories in Scotland

Did yea aye?

:gok:

markphmfc

Pop oot for a cider and a lots happened. Or rather a lot of the same.

Way I see it it's no as bad as the MSM was making oot for SNP however the gains for the Tories should be a worry. Let's not kid oorselves there'll be a percentage of Scottish voters not sure what/who to vote come the GE. If they decide to vote other parties other than SNP or Tory it's not a problem. If they vote Tory we'll still win by some here however it could be embarrassing.

We've got a lot to lose in this GE and it's one that could set us back for decades. I think we've taken our eye of the ball and allowed May and her cronies to get a foothold back up North when this would/should have been unthinkable.

It most certainly wasnt a bad one.

The Tories are trying a little too hard following their success.

As I said you can convince yourself. The SNP are just not gettng any popular, unless you are a moron you will see this. SNP simply have to get more popular in order to win indyfail2.

Bowmans_Boot

As I said you can convince yourself. The SNP are just not gettng any popular, unless you are a moron you will see this. SNP simply have to get more popular in order to win indyfail2.

Given how popular they were/are, it was a pretty difficult challenge to become more so.

To achieve Scottish independence the Yes campaign simply need to convince more people of the benefits of doing so. I dont think there is actually any need to grow SNP support further to achieve that: lots of SNP voters would also have been No voters.

Given how popular they were/are, it was a pretty difficult challenge to become more so.

To achieve Scottish independence the Yes campaign simply need to convince more people of the benefits of doing so. I dont think there is actually any need to grow SNP support further to achieve that: lots of SNP voters would also have been No voters.

OK then.

Archived