Cooncil Elections

Gershwin

Space Mackerel

Indeed. You will vote SNP no matter what. So you are no different.

I've always voted SNP since I could because I think this country would be massively better off running its own affairs. Economically, culturally and socially.

Just like I'm and anyone else is massively more better off working for theirselves rather than an employer.

• Replies 886
  • Created
  • Last Reply
deesidejambo

I've always voted SNP since I could because I think this country would be massively better off running its own affairs. Economically, culturally and socially.

Just like I'm and anyone else is massively more better off working for theirselves rather than an employer.

Yawn.

You will vote for Indy no matter what.  No problem.

But others will vote for Union no matter what.  But you dont like that.

You'll get skelped on June 8th. 

gtg.  Teatime.

Space Mackerel

Yawn.

You will vote for Indy no matter what. No problem.

But others will vote for Union no matter what. But you dont like that.

You'll get skelped on June 8th.

gtg. Teatime.

"Deeside! Dinner time! NOW! If you don't come here this instant I'm going to boot **** out you!" ;)

I'm relishing June the 8th.

Oor Nic is going to have Moof on toast in the TV debates.

Given you didn't know the difference between deficit and debt last night. You've plucked some 26% figure out of thin air today I doubt 'oor Nic' will be calling anytime soon for your economic predictions. Although based on The SNPs last indy campaign I starting to wonder if you did have some input.

Space Mackerel

Given you didn't know the difference between deficit and debt last night. You've plucked some 26% figure out of thin air today I doubt 'oor Nic' will be calling anytime soon for your economic predictions. Although based on The SNPs last indy campaign I starting to wonder if you did have some input.

You do know who Craig Murray is I take it? I suggest you do a wee bit background reading first.

Anyway, he calculated the Tory vote share in Scotland, not me, where are you getting your non existent figures from?

https://www.craigmurray.org.uk/archives/2017/05/which-is-the-charlatan/

Space Mackerel

You do know it's a fake account :)

Link to the staunch one you follow then? [emoji2]

Space Mackerel

Sorry I'm not into that

I've just checked their whole feed, seems genuine to me.

When your birthday? I'll buy you a commemorative tie.

Are you sure it's a parody account :lol:

Space Mackerel

Have you found out if they're torries yet?

Torrries (x3) is what the Japanese pilots screamed as they ploughed their Zeros laden with explosives into the US fleet in the Pacific around 1944.

Thunderstruck

He is hurting.

And his 26% is wrong due to the Independent votes not being removed.

Wait till he sees the SNP percentage though.

His mask has certainly slipped.

Space Mackerel

His mask has certainly slipped.

Only 1 person slipped today, through the political trapdoor.

c8f76894436a25088d078f5223af8c53.jpg

Only 1 person slipped today, through the political trapdoor.

c8f76894436a25088d078f5223af8c53.jpg

:pleasing:

Maroon Sailor

Only 1 person slipped today, through the political trapdoor.c8f76894436a25088d078f5223af8c53.jpg

Stan Laurel looks good in pink

Trapper John McIntyre

Ruth has built Nippy's gallows high.

Good result for Andy Burnham in Manchester - how much more electable Labour would be with someone like him as leader.

It's down to that idiot that Corbyn even got a shot at the leadership.

Space Mackerel

i see Space didn't respond to back up his comment about vesting up.

Waiting on your war stories from Dumiedykes, Pilton, Muirhouse, Ravelston and Barnton first.

Space Mackerel

Stan Laurel looks good in pink

If there ever was a Chef in the Merchant Navy ^^^^

Ah, a general reply rather than quoting actual posts.

Cool, enjoy the singing mate. Cheers Terry.

:lol:

markphmfc

Waiting on your war stories from Dumiedykes, Pilton, Muirhouse, Ravelston and Barnton first.

I was a skimmer in my short time of service and didn't see much action pal. Still waiting for you to back up your claims though.

Thunderstruck

I was a skimmer in my short time of service and didn't see much action pal. Still waiting for you to back up your claims though.

He told us he was some sort of maintainer with Crab Air - a sootie or spanner-wrangler most likely.

markphmfc

He told us he was some sort of maintainer with Crab Air - a sootie or spanner-wrangler most likely.

Sounds about right. Hardly 'vesting up' as he'd put it. was loosely thinking Space and spacey might have a connection but couldn't work out the vest comment.

Geoff Kilpatrick

I think you should stop obsessing over a geographically challenged numpty like Mackerel. He'll get suspended again soon enough.

No disrespect to anyone's friends or family but voting SNP when not wanting Independence just because your bins get taken out on time is by far and away and without the slightest shadow of doubt the single most absurd thing that I think I have ever heard.

Bowmans_Boot

No disrespect to anyone's friends or family but voting SNP when not wanting Independence just because your bins get taken out on time is by far and away and without the slightest shadow of doubt the single most absurd thing that I think I have ever heard.

Crazy thinking, I know, but sometimes people vote for the party/representative they believe will do the best for the country/constituency, without believing in every single policy of the party.

I dont think it is that wild an idea that someone would believe that the SNP would be the best party to run the country and to represent Scotland at Westminster, whilst not wanting independence.

Crazy thinking, I know, but sometimes people vote for the party/representative they believe will do the best for the country/constituency, without believing in every single policy of the party.

I dont think it is that wild an idea that someone would believe that the SNP would be the best party to run the country and to represent Scotland at Westminster, whilst not wanting independence.

The SNP are a one goal party. There entire raison d'etre is seperation from the UK. Seriously, it is that black and white. To vote for them in any way shape or form is a political statement.

Bowmans_Boot

The SNP are a one goal party. There entire raison d'etre is seperation from the UK. Seriously, it is that black and white. To vote for them in any way shape or form is a political statement.

That is your (completely biased) opinion.

Have you read their manifestos? Do you keep up with what they do in government? I suspect not.

The other aspect to it is that not everybody who votes is that political or into politics. So some simply see the good work of their MP/MSP and vote for them without carefully studying the long term goals of the party.

That is your (completely biased) opinion.

Have you read their manifestos? Do you keep up with what they do in government? I suspect not.

The other aspect to it is that not everybody who votes is that political or into politics. So some simply see the good work of their MP/MSP and vote for them without carefully studying the long term goals of the party.

It is not biased. It is objective fact that the SNP are a one goal party. This seriously in no way shape or form can be disputed. That is not to say they don't want free school meals, free this and free that (SNP love the term 'free'). The reason they get out of bed in the morning is not to ensure your bins are emptied on time it is to ensure Scotland is seperated from the United Kingdom.

Bowmans_Boot

It is not biased. It is objective fact that the SNP are a one goal party. This seriously in no way shape or form can be disputed. That is not to say they don't want free school meals, free this and free that (SNP love the term 'free'). The reason they get out of bed in the morning is not to ensure your bins are emptied on time it is to ensure Scotland is seperated from the United Kingdom.

That post demonstrates perfectly that you are biased.

deesidejambo

If course their goal is Indy. But as they also stand for Westminster etc then they get votes from people who are happy for that to remain but don't want full Indy.

That's why the SNP got higher percent of vote share in elections than the percentage who vote for Indy.

The dafties think if the SNP get say 51% in an election then they should call an IndyRef asap and start with the smug tick-tock smiley posts on KB.

But they fail to recognise the delta percent.

cosmic carp and Pans piper come across as extremists whod be happy to vest up in the name of the cause.

I would

Seymour M Hersh

The point is that the Tories are only attracting voters from Labour, whilst the SNP vote remains intact and way, way ahead.

Apart from that the unionist party's have nearly twice the councillors but bash on.

We know. But executing all No-voters is pushing it a bit.

I see the no vote on the front page of the herald. Working class Orangemen voting for the party who ruined Scotland and signed the Anglo Irish agreement. Go figure

Seymour M Hersh

I think you should stop obsessing over a geographically challenged numpty like Mackerel. He'll get suspended again soon enough.

Wise words.

Bowmans_Boot

I see the no vote on the front page of the herald. Working class Orangemen voting for the party who ruined Scotland and signed the Anglo Irish agreement. Go figure

Some people making the independence vote in some way related to religion really annoyed me: it has absolutely nothing to do with it whatsoever.

And yes, the irony isnt lost in that Herald feature.

deesidejambo

Apart from that the unionist party's have nearly twice the councillors but bash on.

Given that the SNP fielded 650 candidates and the evil Tories 380, it is no surprise the SNP get more chosen as they often put forward two or more candidates per Ward.

If the candidate numbers were equal then the outcome would be very different.

Given that the SNP fielded 650 candidates and the evil Tories 380, it is no surprise the SNP get more chosen as they often put forward two or more candidates per Ward.

You only just scrapped past a very much on it's are Slab party, just a wee thought.

Feegie park council guy was in on the 10th round with 675 first preference votes. Something tells me it wasn't votes from them. Other than the Rangers supporters(The Ultra bears).

Nonsense, the silly voting system would just be as silly. And there would be more Greens as a result. The Tory vote is 20% max come the 8th, the SNP will be around 48%+ probably 50%.

markphmfc

Wouldn't say I'm obsessing. He's made a claim and as yet has not backed it up. I'm no in the habit of trying tae pull fellow SNP voters up but there's a couple on here that do more damage than good. Granted there's a lot more that don't post on here but thems the facts. Some die hard SNP followers don't care about anything else than the holy grail of independence.

deesidejambo

Nonsense, the silly voting system would just be as silly. And there would be more Greens as a result. The Tory vote is 20% max come the 8th, the SNP will be around 48%+ probably 50%.

The GE polls say very differently.    SNP currently on 40%.    Tick-tock.

The GE polls say very differently. SNP currently on 40%. Tick-tock.

:rofl: Gin overdose by the sound of it.

Maroon Sailor

If course their goal is Indy. But as they also stand for Westminster etc then they get votes from people who are happy for that to remain but don't want full Indy.

That's why the SNP got higher percent of vote share in elections than the percentage who vote for Indy.

The dafties think if the SNP get say 51% in an election then they should call an IndyRef asap and start with the smug tick-tock smiley posts on KB.

But they fail to recognise the delta percent.

There is not one Sep Nazi Party member in Westminster that doesn't want independence. I squirm and sometimes feel embarrassed to be Scottish when that fairy Robertson gets up to speak and as for that Tasmina Ahmed-Sheikh the less said about her the better. She makes Abbott look like the brains of Britain.

Bowmans_Boot

There is not one Sep Nazi Party member in Westminster that doesn't want independence.

No question and I am sure that all of the members of the SNP do, as well.

That wasnt the point, though. The point was that people do vote SNP without supporting independence.

Archived