Meet the Management event

RS86

Ah, the great Conte a passionate and genuine guy. Went to Chelsea and played how he wanted to play. It wasn't quite working so he changes formation to suit his players.

From an interview this season - "I'm a tailor, I have to find the perfect fit for my squad."

Compare that to "I won't change even if it

would benefit me and my team."

Where did the last quote come from?

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Jambo 4 Ever

Very dignified of you mate. Hopefully some of the others that acted like dicks towards you will apologise as well.

Cheers!

yeah I hope so too. 

Probably made up to suit the agenda.

Conte may not have done that if he were a 30 year old in his first managerial post.

Incidentally I wonder if we could aford to get Conte since we are trying to use him as a comparison.

Bring Back Paulo Sergio

I'm paraphrasing sorry but he's said than on many occasions including Monday night. It's already been mentioned on this thread and evident from matches.

Spellczech

Your posts would be much better without any of these type of comments. Then we are more on the same song sheet although I disagree that the current model and management are ever likely to beat Celtic to the title. Nothing wrong with trying something different or having hope for great things so long as the people in charge are not too stubborn to change things if they aren't working. Our model has stalled badly so it needs to get going again next season for the fans' sake and for the careers of CL, IC and AM. I hope it does otherwise I may yet be playing some winter golf at the turn of the year.

It has stalled, but that's the nature of transfer windows - Our squad is a bit of a mess at the moment. But we are talking about 6 months, It is no disaster, It is no terminal decline. We are not dropping down leagues...we are not in danger of Administration again...It's a blip and it will either get corrected in the next 6 months or there will need to be change. It seems that Hearts fans haven't learned from experiences of being an Hearts fan - we've done it all except reached the peaks of success! We SHOULD know, recognize and understand the lows. We've been there and come back, haven't we? I can only suspect it was the silent majority that got us through admin, as I wouldn't want to stand next to the guys who need nappies, when times are tough... 

Big O can try to convince us all that it is 1.5yrs of decline but I don't think anyone believes him. He just has issues from the Levein "missed the bus in '86" story which don't really interest me TBH. Talk about bearing a grudge...

I've never believed that sacking someone is the first reaction to a problem, no matter how badly they may start in a role. People make mistakes - it is human nature. It is impossible to get any fluency or consistency if you tear up the base strategy every time you hit a bump in the road. Cathro is getting this summer so I don't really see the point in moaning about him yet...It's shouting into the wind. 

Cathro will stand or fall based on this summer and the first round of games next season. The sooner we all recognize and accept that, the sooner we can stop having circular conversations about a sacking that is not on the cards. Hearts are not as big a club as some fans tell us we are. What the Hell does perceived size matter? well it seems there is sort of arrogance and sense of entitlement that comes from people who talk of Hearts as "the Big Club" forgetting that they are only talking in parochial terms, in comparative terms versus Hibs...I don't judge Hearts against Hibs. I look at a bigger picture than that. My World is bigger than Edinburgh.

JKB can be unhealthy - I think some people revel in misery and trying to spread it to others. They tell themselves they are "rational", "they are realists", "ahead of the curve" blah de blah blah...They're none of these things. They are not risk-takers because they give up at the first sign of trouble. They want managers sacked because they are quitters themselves. They don't have the backbone to see through difficult times, to get past problems. They identify a problem, and go "there, job done". They are not demanding customers because they are "winners", they are demanding customers because they are losers... You see it every time Hearts lose or draw a game. Mass panic on here and 100 threads saying, "This is shite,, He is shite, Sack the manager, DOF" etc etc. It is predictable and boring. It's not passion, it's pathetic... I am often too embarrassed for these people to come on JKB the day of a defeat. I turns my stomach to see men being so weak...Sure they dress it up as anger but all I see is tears.  Football is meant to be an escape from real life problems. Every game starts with a clean sheet.  I hate to think how bad some peoples lives must be if they bring such miserable attitudes into their weekends...It is impossible to rationalize with depressives. I'm no happy-clapper but I do recognize the enormous value in trying to see the glass as half full. As I said above, anyone can spot problems, it is getting past problems that requires engagement of the brain.

Bring Back Paulo Sergio

Conte may not have done that if he were a 30 year old in his first managerial post.

Incidentally I wonder if we could aford to get Conte since we are trying to use him as a comparison.

No I'm not the one dealing in faith. That's you.

the big show

You can colour it as much as you like, but you need to remember the wider picture and more importantly the facts.

Hearts along with all other Scottish clubs have managed quite comfortably for over 140 years without the need for any DOF or trainee managers.

Eliminating the DOF role would also allow significant funds to be freed up and for us to employ at least 1 more "quality" player. That could be the difference between winning a trophy or not.

Celtic seem to manage quite happily without the over complicated setup you seem to intent on protecting. Aberdeen have worked wonders without it. Money is always tight at StJ, so like other clubs, Tommy Wright seems to mangage several roles quite successfully.

Or existing setup exists for one purpose, the continued employment of Levein alone. It is now proving detrimental to the success of Hearts.

Well said ... Been saying this for long enough and find it mind boggling how any body can actually buy into there excuses given the amount mistakes and total farces that has been made ... ADD to it he seems accountable for nothing that goes wrong and he sits there for his rookies coaches to take all the flak it does really make you wonder why he can sit there with a get out jail free card . My god you talk about being led up the garden path . They are not going to be happy till it starts to hit them with the crowds falling , st's falling , and FOH subs falling . it's actually quite incredible that so many wan't to ignore all the warning signs because make no mistake they have been there for quite a while now ..

Thanks for apologising Morgan - appreciate that, and apology accepted

Very dignified of you mate. Hopefully some of the others that acted like dicks towards you will apologise as well.

Thanks JiH. Was meant sincerely I can assure you.

Francis Albert

Spellczech is getting increasingly pompous post by post. Apparently it's guys like him, the "silent majority" (silent???) who brought us through admin, not the "guys who need nappies". Hearts fans in huge numbers brought us through administration, and are still coughing up millions. Hearts fans across the whole spectrum contributed.

I hope Cathro succeeds. If he doesn't and continues as he has started to take us backwards I hope the "silent majority" will have the grace to admit the guys in nappies were right.

Geoff Kilpatrick

Spellczech is getting increasingly pompous post by post. Apparently it's guys like him, the "silent majority" (silent???) who brought us through admin, not the "guys who need nappies". Hearts fans in huge numbers brought us through administration, and are still coughing up millions. Hearts fans across the whole spectrum contributed.

I hope Cathro succeeds. If he doesn't and continues as he has started to take us backwards I hope the "silent majority" will have the grace to admit the guys in nappies were right.

Indeed. He can take all the shots he wishes but it doesn't change the bottom line that Ian Cathro has been a disaster since taking the reins.

Edit: No doubt anyone who doesn't renew their ST due to the current team performance is a "loser" as well in his eyes.

the big show

It has stalled, but that's the nature of transfer windows - Our squad is a bit of a mess at the moment. But we are talking about 6 months, It is no disaster, It is no terminal decline. We are not dropping down leagues...we are not in danger of Administration again...It's a blip and it will either get corrected in the next 6 months or there will need to be change. It seems that Hearts fans haven't learned from experiences of being an Hearts fan - we've done it all except reached the peaks of success! We SHOULD know, recognize and understand the lows. We've been there and come back, haven't we? I can only suspect it was the silent majority that got us through admin, as I wouldn't want to stand next to the guys who need nappies, when times are tough... 

Big O can try to convince us all that it is 1.5yrs of decline but I don't think anyone believes him. He just has issues from the Levein "missed the bus in '86" story which don't really interest me TBH. Talk about bearing a grudge...

I've never believed that sacking someone is the first reaction to a problem, no matter how badly they may start in a role. People make mistakes - it is human nature. It is impossible to get any fluency or consistency if you tear up the base strategy every time you hit a bump in the road. Cathro is getting this summer so I don't really see the point in moaning about him yet...It's shouting into the wind. 

Cathro will stand or fall based on this summer and the first round of games next season. The sooner we all recognize and accept that, the sooner we can stop having circular conversations about a sacking that is not on the cards. Hearts are not as big a club as some fans tell us we are. What the Hell does perceived size matter? well it seems there is sort of arrogance and sense of entitlement that comes from people who talk of Hearts as "the Big Club" forgetting that they are only talking in parochial terms, in comparative terms versus Hibs...I don't judge Hearts against Hibs. I look at a bigger picture than that. My World is bigger than Edinburgh.

JKB can be unhealthy - I think some people revel in misery and trying to spread it to others. They tell themselves they are "rational", "they are realists", "ahead of the curve" blah de blah blah...They're none of these things. They are not risk-takers because they give up at the first sign of trouble. They want managers sacked because they are quitters themselves. They don't have the backbone to see through difficult times, to get past problems. They identify a problem, and go "there, job done". They are not demanding customers because they are "winners", they are demanding customers because they are losers... You see it every time Hearts lose or draw a game. Mass panic on here and 100 threads saying, "This is shite,, He is shite, Sack the manager, DOF" etc etc. It is predictable and boring. It's not passion, it's pathetic... I am often too embarrassed for these people to come on JKB the day of a defeat. I turns my stomach to see men being so weak...Sure they dress it up as anger but all I see is tears.  Football is meant to be an escape from real life problems. Every game starts with a clean sheet.  I hate to think how bad some peoples lives must be if they bring such miserable attitudes into their weekends...It is impossible to rationalize with depressives. I'm no happy-clapper but I do recognize the enormous value in trying to see the glass as half full. As I said above, anyone can spot problems, it is getting past problems that requires engagement of the brain.

Woh engagement of the brain .. tell me why have we had 6 different players playing left back in the last 2 years ,  Swanson apart we have never had a proper left sided midfield man or front man that would give the team more balance .. We have numerous amount of front men we have made nothing of and numerous amount of defenders ...  our goalkeeping scenario was a utter joke ..  WHO actually do you think should take responsibility for this ?  huh as i wouldn't stand next to guys who need nappies when times are tough ... Well try asking many of your 86 team and you will find out who had the nappies that day ... our transfer dealings have been comical our results at times have been no better .. However we will ignore all the facts put up a big smoke screen and just go a head with this master plan . deary me ignorance is one thing but don't ever try disguising the facts ...  Do you think all the fans walking out on sunday was just a myth because like it or not that is the bigger picture of the matter NOT A FEW posters on jkb or someone by the looks of things could not get any further up managements rears . Take heid before it's to late . Gorgie rules ..

JKB can be unhealthy - I think some people revel in misery and trying to spread it to others. They tell themselves they are "rational", "they are realists", "ahead of the curve" blah de blah blah...They're none of these things. They are not risk-takers because they give up at the first sign of trouble. They want managers sacked because they are quitters themselves. They don't have the backbone to see through difficult times, to get past problems. They identify a problem, and go "there, job done". They are not demanding customers because they are "winners", they are demanding customers because they are losers... You see it every time Hearts lose or draw a game. Mass panic on here and 100 threads saying, "This is shite,, He is shite, Sack the manager, DOF" etc etc. It is predictable and boring. It's not passion, it's pathetic... I am often too embarrassed for these people to come on JKB the day of a defeat. I turns my stomach to see men being so weak...Sure they dress it up as anger but all I see is tears. Football is meant to be an escape from real life problems. Every game starts with a clean sheet. I hate to think how bad some peoples lives must be if they bring such miserable attitudes into their weekends...It is impossible to rationalize with depressives. I'm no happy-clapper but I do recognize the enormous value in trying to see the glass as half full. As I said above, anyone can spot problems, it is getting past problems that requires engagement of the brain.

You're on fire Spell [emoji4]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Nookie Bear

Indeed. He can take all the shots he wishes but it doesn't change the bottom line that Ian Cathro has been a disaster since taking the reins.

Precisely. Just because he stood up and spoke to a crowd (fair play to them for doing it but would it have been a different experience to listen to Tommy Wright, Derek McInnes...Neil Lennon? All would have been equally fascinating), suddenly he is allowed to write off half a season, admit to picking players who don't give 100%, and set out teams that look more shambolic than anything Malofeev could dream of.

Give him time? He looks less promising than Gary Locke (another young, ambitious coach) did after 6 months.

Geoff Kilpatrick

Precisely. Just because he stood up and spoke to a crowd (fair play to them for doing it but would it have been a different experience to listen to Tommy Wright, Derek McInnes...Neil Lennon? All would have been equally fascinating), suddenly he is allowed to write off half a season, admit to picking players who don't give 100%, and set out teams that look more shambolic than anything Malofeev could dream of.

Give him time? He looks less promising than Gary Locke (another young, ambitious coach) did after 6 months.

:spoton:

Oh wait, let me get it right.

YOU'RE ON FIRE NOOKIE! :rolleyes:

How does vice versa work?

When a Wilson took Hearts forward the "guys who need nappies" needed those nappies changed cos we lost 1 game!

the big show

Edit: No doubt anyone who doesn't renew their ST due to the current team performance is a "loser" as well in his eyes.

Geoff if that's what it is going to take to get it sorted then that's what it will have to be .. it's not something new that other teams don't have ie crowds falling due to similar circumstances but the problem is how far to you let go ? Personally i will renew but if the product is as bad as it's been i can quite easily sit in with my feet up or find something else to spend my money on ..

Nookie Bear

... Well try asking many of your 86 team and you will find out who had the nappies that day ... ..

Just on this, I personally do not believe Levein bottled dens Park (assuming that's what you meant) but I did see him punch one of his players in a pre-season friendly because he felt he was not trying hard enough.

That whole team of the mid-80's were a brilliant unit who all fought for each other, and guys like Levein were hard b*******. His re-invention as a thinking-mans coach means he has lost that steel imo

Nookie Bear

:spoton:

Oh wait, let me get it right.

YOU'RE ON FIRE NOOKIE! :rolleyes:

Like Will Grigg !

(Is he available?)

Geoff Kilpatrick

Like Will Grigg !

(Is he available?)

I'd take him!

How long did Locke get?

Geoff Kilpatrick

How long did Locke get?

As long as it took Ann Budge to take control of Hearts.

Nookie Bear

How long did Locke get?

A season.

Why was he not kept on?

A season.

Why was he not kept on?

Cos he didn't fit into the plan

Edit: It was February 2013 until June 2014

Lord Beni of Gorgie

We aren't comparing though. We are listening to what he has said

the big show

Just on this, I personally do not believe Levein bottled dens Park (assuming that's what you meant) but I did see him punch one of his players in a pre-season friendly because he felt he was not trying hard enough.

That whole team of the mid-80's were a brilliant unit who all fought for each other, and guys like Levein were hard b*******. His re-invention as a thinking-mans coach means he has lost that steel imo

IF you ever get the chance to speak to any or a few of that said team ask them .. Another thing i'm sure it has been well documented on here or ask Gary Mackay who still goes to games what his take on it is .. 

Nookie Bear

Cos he didn't fit into the plan

I didn't have a problem with replacing him with Robbie, by the way, because I felt Locke was limited.

I also feel Cathro is limited, and has much better circumstances to work in.

Nookie Bear

IF you ever get the chance to speak to any or a few of that said team ask them .. Another thing i'm sure it has been well documented on here or ask Gary Mackay who still goes to games what his take on it is .. 

That's fair enough but I still saw CL as a competitor who took no bulls***.

I didn't have a problem with replacing him with Robbie, by the way, because I felt Locke was limited.

I also feel Cathro is limited, and has much better circumstances to work in.

Were you vocal about it on hear?

Did you want him out after 6 months?

Lord Beni of Gorgie

Locke had a pre-season but no transfer window obviously. The abuse he got was uncalled for in impossible circumstances but I'm ****ed if I can believe that is a stick to beat Cathro with.

Levein didn't share the same views as Locke he does with Cathro, end of.  Cathro needs the pre-season and the proper window to pass full judgement, chances are it might not improve but would be pretty stupid at this point to press the ejector seat without knowing how he might exploit a better set of circumstances

Nookie Bear

Probably not as much because we had bigger fish to fry at the time and I recognized the circumstances.

I also recognize the support, budget and squad Cathro has to work with...and criticize his results accordingly.

Locke had a pre-season but no transfer window obviously. The abuse he got was uncalled for in impossible circumstances but I'm ****ed if I can believe that is a stick to beat Cathro with.

Levein didn't share the same views as Locke he does with Cathro, end of. Cathro needs the pre-season and the proper window to pass full judgement, chances are it might not improve but would be pretty stupid at this point to press the ejector seat without knowing how he might exploit a better set of circumstances

Absolutely spot on (If I'm allowed to agree with another poster Geoffrey!)

Geoff Kilpatrick

Do you really think the circumstances of Locke 6 months in are the same as Cathro's? Really?

I'll give you a better example. Tommy McLean got a season. Should he have been given a full season?

Probably not as much because we had bigger fish to fry at the time and I recognized the circumstances.

I also recognize the support, budget and squad Cathro has to work with...and criticize his results accordingly.

Fair enough. Would you concede IC has had a pretty difficult start with injuries, crap signings and leavers?

Nookie Bear

Fair enough. Would you concede IC has had a pretty difficult start with injuries, crap signings and leavers?

Injuries, yes.

Signings/leavers...he has more control over that.

the big show

That's fair enough but I still saw CL as a competitor who took no bulls***.

He was a great competitor and i would never take that away from him ..  However i feel it is high time he was questioned because make no mistake he is heavily involved in everything yet sits there with a get out jail free card . people can rap on all they wan't about saying i have a agenda etc but why should i or anybody else for that matter ignore the facts . 

stirlingshirejambo

Over the years I have met 3 from the 86 squad/management at various functions  and not one of them has mentioned Levein bottling it when discussing "that" day if that's what your alluding to

Injuries, yes.

Signings/leavers...he has more control over that.

Sammon, Watt! I've heard Rossi had a release clause in his contract which sounds plausible, Muirhead was in and out of games but had a good game v Rangers. Djoum and Rheass ACON.

So including Paterson, Souttar that's 8 players out of the normal squad. A squad that was struggling to gain any consistency, albeit 2nd (same points as Aberdeen having played 2 games more).

That's a tough gig for anyone to start.

the big show

Over the years I have met 3 from the 86 squad/management at various functions  and not one of them has mentioned Levein bottling it when discussing "that" day if that's what your alluding to

i have met 6 including other guys who were involved  in the team and they all say the same as GM  . And it also has been well documented on here although you may not have seen it i don't know .

That is undoubtedly true Geoff. I have to be honest and say I do find it difficult when you have a coach, who himself, at outset said HMFC shouldn't be just willing to accept poor results, but there are a number of HMFC fans who seem willing to accept them, because that is the way it has always been with HMFC. I, personally have never believed we have a god given right to win every game, but I do think there is nothing wrong with having an expectation we will win a large percentage of them. I also have no objection whatsoever to people asking questions and trying to gain an understanding of what is happening in the background. I didn't attend the management meeting at Tynecastle, but I was in at a meeting with Ann and Craig on Saturday morning, and a lot of questions were asked and answered. There was an admission that the last two transfer windows have not gone well, and an additional source are being employed to help make sure that players coming in from overseas clubs will be much better vetted to make sure the style of play here suits them and they will suit playing in Scotland. Although not brought up we were aware that the injury to Callum Paterson did play a huge part in what effectively became a sense of panic buying in January of this year. It does appear Callum was due to move to West Ham in the New Year transfer window, for a 7 figure sum, and the club were making plans around that, for new players coming in.

When Callum then injured himself in the match against Kilmarnock on 27 December it threw everything that was being planned out of the window. I have a feeling, although we didn't ask, but I suspect that decisions on the likes of Rossi and Ozturk leaving, for example, had been based on suitable players coming in. Again, rethinking was needed. Were they right players, I tend to think probably not, but they were players that were available, and we needed to add to the squad. It doesn't help when you are aware the players are very enthusiastic about what Cathro and McPhee have brought to the club, bit it just wasn't gelling on the park. Everyone is still very enthusiastic that they do have what it takes to build the sort of team that can be challenging at the top end of the league, even if that is something that even some Hearts fans don't really care about, there are some fans who don't seem to care if we are not in a challenging position. It was said we are away behind Celtic, and there is absolutely no denying that, but there is no reason why we shouldn't be winning against the other sides in the league, once the ideas in hand translate to the style of play wanted on the field.

I am one who has voiced concern about how we have been playing, not just recently but certainly across parts of the last two seasons, but I am willing to wait and see how we start next season. The club are aware we will be starting our league fixtures away from home, and that the purchase of players for the start of the season coming has to be right. They also have confidence in Cathro, and I am willing to give him the opportunity to look to build something over the close season break. I spoke to a few people at work who were at last night's meeting and they too were please with what they were hearing last night. I think we were, in the main pissed off to a certain extent, this season. Craig Levein himself said that (in a game we actually lost due to two daft mistakes, which no coach could pre-plan for) the best football we have played since coming out of administration was in the game up at Dens Park just before Christmas, and that it was frustrating that we could play as well as that but also look so awful at times.

I will be renewing my ST, I will be following on every week home and away again next season, I do have high hopes for my team (I actually thought that would be the norm for any HMFC fan, but sometimes when I read this site I'm just not so sure) but at this point in time we can only hope that what the coaching staff want to do with the team does transpire and we can begin to enjoy what we watch again, and punish those teams we are capable of punishing, and cement a position much closer to Celtic in the coming season.

Thanks for posting that PJ.

Was this meeting open to the public as part of the DF ?

stirlingshirejambo

i have met 6 including other guys who were involved  in the team and they all say the same as GM  . And it also has been well documented on here although you may not have seen it i don't know .

Well documented as in quotes from the players themselves or second/third hand or made up on internet

Happy to believe the guys I spoke to cheers

the big show

Well documented as in quotes from the players themselves or second/third hand or made up on internet

So am my cheers ... which is considerably more than you thanks  ...

Thing is though, a lot of the guys brought in had good cv's for a team like hearts. Who are they going to bring in that's better than them?

John Mcginn is better than all our signings. No chance of ever getting him now, but it shows that quality can occasionally be found in this country.

Geoff Kilpatrick

Whether Craig Levein "shat it" in 1986 is completely irrelevant to his DoF performance in any case.

the big show

Whether Craig Levein "shat it" in 1986 is completely irrelevant to his DoF performance in any case.

Correct Geoff .. it is what you call knit picking when there is no case for the defence .

We aren't comparing though. We are listening to what he has said

Yes but a successful, established manager can say anything he wants and get away with it.

If Fergie had told the Manure players that the world was square they would believe it.  (Well they would have out on their necks if they didn't)

stirlingshirejambo

So am my cheers ... which is considerably more than you thanks  ...

so no documentary evidence just heresay

we will need to agree to disagree as your alleged 6 beats my 3 so top trumps to you

anyway lets not derail this thread as it's been one of the most interesting for a long time.

Back on topic I agree with posters willing to give Cathro a chance with his own signings but also feel our signing strategy has been too poor to be believed. Far too much short term fix. However if we hadn't brought in that 9 would we have destroyed youngsters if we had relied on them as happened to a very promising McKirdy when thrown in the deep end at Inverness last season. Some may have disappeared never to be seen again while one may have risen above it all like Currie

Who knows

One of the 

the big show

so no documentary evidence just heresay

we will need to agree to disagree as your alleged 6 beats my 3 so top trumps to you

anyway lets not derail this thread as it's been one of the most interesting for a long time.

Back on topic I agree with posters willing to give Cathro a chance with his own signings but also feel our signing strategy has been too poor to be believed. Far too much short term fix. However if we hadn't brought in that 9 would we have destroyed youngsters if we had relied on them as happened to a very promising McKirdy when thrown in the deep end at Inverness last season. Some may have disappeared never to be seen again while one may have risen above it all like Currie

Who knows

One of the 

Your entitled to your opinions just like myself or anybody else .. in regards to younger players in my opinion if they were to give Liam Smith a run of games at right back you would see a far more consistent player , However moving him out of position is doing him no good what so ever , Remember he came in when CP got injured last season and hardly put a foot wrong , Currie is another who's work rate has impressed me when given a chance whether he can add it bit more is ? although 2 young very good prospects in my opinion . IN regards to signings etc etc it has been a total shambles However it seems nobody is accountable which is not right ..

Geoff Kilpatrick

Correct Geoff .. it is what you call knit picking when there is no case for the defence .

No, it's called picking at a scab for no reason.

Bull's-eye

JKB can be unhealthy - I think some people revel in misery and trying to spread it to others. They tell themselves they are "rational", "they are realists", "ahead of the curve" blah de blah blah...They're none of these things. They are not risk-takers because they give up at the first sign of trouble. They want managers sacked because they are quitters themselves. They don't have the backbone to see through difficult times, to get past problems. They identify a problem, and go "there, job done". They are not demanding customers because they are "winners", they are demanding customers because they are losers... You see it every time Hearts lose or draw a game. Mass panic on here and 100 threads saying, "This is shite,, He is shite, Sack the manager, DOF" etc etc. It is predictable and boring. It's not passion, it's pathetic... I am often too embarrassed for these people to come on JKB the day of a defeat. I turns my stomach to see men being so weak...Sure they dress it up as anger but all I see is tears. Football is meant to be an escape from real life problems. Every game starts with a clean sheet. I hate to think how bad some peoples lives must be if they bring such miserable attitudes into their weekends...It is impossible to rationalize with depressives. I'm no happy-clapper but I do recognize the enormous value in trying to see the glass as half full. As I said above, anyone can spot problems, it is getting past problems that requires engagement of the brain.

Another fantastic post.

Quite marvellous.

Unknown user

i have met 6 including other guys who were involved in the team and they all say the same as GM . And it also has been well documented on here although you may not have seen it i don't know .

If that was the case and it was as well known as you claim, Levein's career would have been over, but instead he played for Hearts and Scotland for years. Alex McDonald and Sandy Jardine didn't think he was a shiter or he wouldn't have had the Hearts career he did, and I know who I'm believing

Archived