Meet the Management event

RS86

That's my thought too, almost exactly...scary!!

Right down to the old "his second touch is a tackle" type player that's rife in the Scottish game :)

Yet another who agrees with the statement that Hearts are not a big club in Scottish football.

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

He's right though. The ones that boo individual players in particular are *******

My first game at Tynecastle this season against the Malta mob folk were booing Sammon in the first half. 'Fans' like that aren't worth having.

siegementality

My first game at Tynecastle this season against the Malta mob folk were booing Sammon in the first half. 'Fans' like that aren't worth having.

Neither are the fans that walk out when their team goes one nil down.

Every new club coaching / manager appointment is a gamble.

Removing Cathro and replacing him with another head coach would also be a gamble.

A disastrous run of form is one that sees us relegated or in the play offs.

Neither are the fans that walk out when their team goes one nil down.

First time I have ever done that. I acknowledge it is a dickish thing to do but my emotions got the better of me. I will be at Ibrox and back for next season in the Main Stand once again though. Unlike many others.

Fraggle1990

Or perhaps you're the one who's blinded?

Desperately wanting Cathro to be the messiah (laugh) that you refuse to accept reality.

Wanting a hearts manger to do well!? SHOOT ME NOW.

I can accept he's been woeful so far but willing to give him more time to implement his ideas.

It's called being reasonable. Try it sometime.

i wish jj was my dad

Well documented as in quotes from the players themselves or second/third hand or made up on internet

Happy to believe the guys I spoke to cheers

Indeed. Do you think wee doddie would have entertained him if there was the slightest doubt about his bottle? He certainly wouldn't have handed him the captaincy.

Anyway, I shouldn't have bitten.

First time I have ever done that. I acknowledge it is a dickish thing to do but my emotions got the better of me. I will be at Ibrox and back for next season in the Main Stand once again though. Unlike many others.

I've only ever walked out once

3-0 down at home to Rangers when Frail had taken over.

25 minutes to go brings off can't remember who and brings on Zaliukas as a holding midfielder.

**** that shit.

It was 4-0 by the time I got to Robbos for a pint....

heartofgold

Was at the event on Monday and heard some encouraging, alarming, inspirational and surprising explanations from the coaching team. I would find it difficult to think of a previous Hearts coach or a current SPL coach who has the Jacobs to open himself and his colleagues up to this type of scrutiny after the run of results recently. They were extremely convincing. The clouds parted and the sun shone for me. They need and deserve the new season to implement their plan with a change of on field resource. HHGH

I've only ever walked out once

3-0 down at home to Rangers when Frail had taken over.

25 minutes to go brings off can't remember who and brings on Zaliukas as a holding midfielder.

**** that shit.

It was 4-0 by the time I got to Robbos for a pint....

That was a nightmare of a game and finishing 8th in 08 was criminal given the wages we were paying. Luckily Csaba came along and got us 3rd the next season.

How many times do you need to be told how the football side of things work? Do you go on other forums and bang on for hours that people haven't landed on the moon and other conspiracy theories you've convinced yourself are true?

That is obtuse even by your standards

Bring Back Paulo Sergio

Wanting a hearts manger to do well!? SHOOT ME NOW.

I can accept he's been woeful so far but willing to give him more time to implement his ideas.

It's called being reasonable. Try it sometime.

I would give him more time but I don't believe his style of football is suited to us but more importantly he doesn't have the personality to be a manager and most certainly will never be able to get 100% out a team.

Bring Back Paulo Sergio

Every new club coaching / manager appointment is a gamble.

Removing Cathro and replacing him with another head coach would also be a gamble.

A disastrous run of form is one that sees us relegated or in the play offs.

You would get very generous odds if you put a bet on a new manager to be a bigger failure than Cathro.

Very generous.

Why?

I'll let you work that one out. ;)

You would get very generous odds if you put a bet on a new manager to be a bigger failure than Cathro.

Very generous.

Why?

I'll let you work that one out. ;)

There will be, in our lifetime, no bigger failure of a Hearts manager than the bold Ian.

:thumb:

portobellojambo1

Thanks for this, PJ1. Good to hear from the organ grinders at last, even if it is only second hand. Question that comes up for me though is that the whole point of CL is to help avoid the sorts of pitfalls we appear to have blundered into in the past 18 months. No doubt any of us on here could make a similar pig's ear of things - for a much smaller salary. Did he give any insights into his model or an update on the 5 year plan?

I'm not sure if any of us actually knew the basic requirements of the 5 year plan, CTC, we, and I mean the whole of the HMFC support, were aware there was a 5 year plan in place but I'm not sure how many, if any of us, were aware how the management team had it set out. It was explained to us on Saturday morning by the Finance Director. Years 1 & 2 had been set out and planned for us playing our football in The Championship, year 3, which is this year, the requirement was that we remain in the SPFL, year 4, next year, the hope and plan was to gain a European qualifying place and in the final year, year 5, the hope was to repeat year 4, and create a situation ready for passing control of the club over to FoH. He then said that he understood how football fans looked at things, but reality is we probably got back to the top league and into Europe too quickly, and even in this year, were ahead of expectations. I do remember at the time, even though inside we were delighted to be back up, we were having a discussion on our bus, think from memory it was coming back from a game after the league was won, it was about whether or not it might have been better to stay down for a second season and further gelling what was happening on the park, rather than pushing on up a division and sort of starting again at a higher level. I wish I could remember how the conversation panned out, I think the general feeling was we were glad to be back up a division so we didn't go too deeply into what could happen in the then coming season.

Is it reasonable for some to assume that football fans have it in them to be a bit impatient, I don't think there is any doubt about that, we, and I don't think it is unreasonable really, just have a hope that our club are successful every season, something which I just think is part of human nature.

Anyway, I'll be going back along for more next season, there was a period where I had fallen out of love with the game of football and wasn't attending, and it was feckin painful at the time but I think I'd just gotten used to it, and didn't realise how much I was missing it. Then my friends dragged me along to a game between HMFC and Aberdeen on a pretty miserable night in October 1987 (the month after I got back into work after 5 years unemployment) and I fell in love with the game all over again, and have missed only a handful of games between Oct 1987 and May 2017.

Has anyone else got the idea inside their head that when Berra comes back, former captain, role model when the going was getting shit back in the day and leader - he will instantly have more respect from everyone around the club including the players obviously than than Cathro? That itself is pretty worrying.

Unknown user

Indeed. Do you think wee doddie would have entertained him if there was the slightest doubt about his bottle? He certainly wouldn't have handed him the captaincy.

Anyway, I shouldn't have bitten.

Exactly, it's bloody ridiculous! Doddie and Jardine ffs, clueless apparently while Gary "not the brightest"* Mackay knew better.

*source, Mackay's own autobiography. Don't get me wrong, I like him, always did, but let's not pretend he's more intelligent and insightful than Alex McDonald and Sandy Jardine, that's ridiculous

Has anyone else got the idea inside their head that when Berra comes back, former captain, role model when the going was getting shit back in the day and leader - he will instantly have more respect from everyone around the club including the players obviously than than Cathro? That itself is pretty worrying.

Searching out a negative from a positive, now that's good. Why don't we just can the idea of bringing a talented centre half in, save us all the worry!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Searching out a negative from a positive, now that's good. Why don't we just can the idea of bringing a talented centre half in, save us all the worry!

Sorry, I will love the signing, trust me. It's just an instinct though and not meant to form as a negative.

Sorry, I will love the signing, trust me. It's just an instinct though and not meant to form as a negative.

Given that Berra left in 2009 I doubt any of your worries are worth worrying about.

Jesus Christ that's a weird angle to come from is it not?

Rudolf's Mate

Exactly, it's bloody ridiculous! Doddie and Jardine ffs, clueless apparently while Gary "not the brightest"* Mackay knew better.

*source, Mackay's own autobiography. Don't get me wrong, I like him, always did, but let's not pretend he's more intelligent and insightful than Alex McDonald and Sandy Jardine, that's ridiculous

Mackay was a great servant to the club however he loves the sound of his own voice and also loves to sensationalise.

And I like him as well.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Lord Beni of Gorgie

Mackay was a great servant to the club however he loves the sound of his own voice and also loves to sensationalise.

And I like him as well.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Gary wears his heart on his sleeve. PHM because his emotions will cloud his judgement.

Armageddon

The club should have a ?1 a question event with Levein, the deal is he answers it 100% truthfully under a lie detector ... the club would raise over ?1M from me alone!

I'm not. Help me please.

He's basically saying that while plan A was a list of targets based on receiving ?1m for Paterson we should also have had alternative plan B which would have been an different list of (presumably cheaper) targets based on not getting ?1m.

He's basically saying that while plan A was a list of targets based on receiving ?1m for Paterson we should also have had alternative plan B which would have been an different list of (presumably cheaper) targets based on not getting ?1m.

But is that not sort of what happened?

When the Paterson thing fell through we signed on permanent contracts (Goncalves and Martin) 2 players on our list but had no spare money to go beyond that and so made temporary signings to bridge the gap to Summer.  When Summer comes we'll probably get around ?1m in development fees from the said Paterson, McGhee and Nicholson to do what we were going to do originally.  To me Plan B players sounds like a reduction in quality whereas the short term signings looked better value on paper with international CVs etc ,  With hindsight it certainly has not paid off.

Howdy Doody Jambo

The club should have a ?1 a question event with Levein, the deal is he answers it 100% truthfully under a lie detector ... the club would raise over ?1M from me alone!

We could buy a couple of good players with that

Levien is the invisible man these days, he has bottled it and let Cathro take the flak either that he's covered his head in the sand

bauld willie

Nonsense.

Is in the DNA of all Hearts supporters, always has been throughout history. It hasn't risen to the surface yet with some here though. Give it time....

I personally think it is because we are the third biggest club by miles, so our expectations are rightfully high. Unfortunately the old firm are so much bigger that we are often disappointed.

There is nothing wrong with booing and if you pay your money you are fully entitled to express your opinion by doing so.

Until Budge bans it off course.

Nonsense.

Is in the DNA of all Hearts supporters, always has been throughout history. It hasn't risen to the surface yet with some here though. Give it time....

I personally think it is because we are the third biggest club by miles, so our expectations are rightfully high. Unfortunately the old firm are so much bigger that we are often disappointed.

There is nothing wrong with booing and if you pay your money you are fully entitled to express your opinion by doing so.

You seem awfully keen to get us all booing invidual Hearts players

BobbyJenkins

Nonsense.

Booing individual players is just stupid n counter productive, especially i ally young players.

DNA? Gies peace.

Jambo 4 Ever

Booing individual players is just stupid n counter productive, especially i ally young players.

DNA? Gies peace.

This

I would never boo our own player

Bring Back Paulo Sergio

This

You'd be too busy asking him the directions to Tynecastle.

Bazzas right boot

Nonsense.

Do you believe your own nonsense?

Third biggest club by miles? we were in the championship 3 years ago and ICT, St Johnstone, Hibs, Ross County, St Mirren and Aberdeen have all won cups more recently than us.

Nothing wrong with Booing your own players, because you paid your money....

I can lie in my own piss and vomit at Tynecastle, doesn't make it right just because I paid my money and can do what I want, It still wouldn't be right.

Why would you want to boo your own players, why not boo the opposition players.?

I think you are just on a wind up with your posts tbh.

Jambo 4 Ever

You'd be too busy asking him the directions to Tynecastle.

eh?  Coz they don't know how to get there you mean?

Bring Back Paulo Sergio

eh? Coz they don't know how to get there you mean?

Asking questions you know/ can easily find the answer for. For instance you're in the front row of the Wheatfield and while everybody I'd booing you're asking how to get to Tynecastle. ;)

Jambo 4 Ever

Asking questions you know/ can easily find the answer for. For instance you're in the front row of the Wheatfield and while everybody I'd booing you're asking how to get to Tynecastle. ;)

Ahh ... for starters, I don't sit in the front row... and this is not even remotely funny! No one else finds it funny either so please stop!!

bauld willie

Do you believe your own nonsense?

Third biggest club by miles? we were in the championship 3 years ago and ICT, St Johnstone, Hibs, Ross County, St Mirren and Aberdeen have all won cups more recently than us.

Nothing wrong with Booing your own players, because you paid your money....

I can lie in my own piss and vomit at Tynecastle, doesn't make it right just because I paid my money and can do what I want, It still wouldn't be right.

Why would you want to boo your own players, why not boo the opposition players.?

I think you are just on a wind up with your posts tbh.

Don't know why you are making this personal.

We are easily the 3rd biggest club in Scotland. I can't believe a Hearts supporter would suggest otherwise.

If you go to games, home or away, you will find booing players and management at the end of games has become common place this season. It is entirely down to abysmal team performances/results and the intransigence of management to change the cause.

Management will only ever get the message when you make it clear to them in no uncertain terms that what is being served up is not acceptable.

Hearts supporters have anyways done this and anyone suggesting otherwise is living in a dream world and clearly doesn't know their clubs history. Back in the 70's and through the yo-yo years. Booing was common place along with an awful lot worse. A Cathro style 5 wins in 23 games may well have resulted in mass protests at the back of the main stand from 1000,s demanding change. This became common place. Things are nowhere near that bad just now, but it was the only way to promote major change then.

Management back then always thought they could do better the next season as well. Relegation was the result, more than once, and we were playing in front of 4000 supporters.

siegementality

We are easily the 3rd biggest club in Scotland. I can't believe a Hearts supporter would suggest otherwise.

If you go to games, home or away, you will find booing players and management at the end of games has become common place this season. It is entirely down to abysmal team performances/results and the intransigence of management to change the cause.

Management will only ever get the message when you make it clear to them in no uncertain terms that what is being served up is not acceptable.

Hearts supporters have anyways done this and anyone suggesting otherwise is living in a dream world and clearly doesn't know their clubs history. Back in the 70's and through the yo-yo years. Booing was common place along with an awful lot worse. A Cathro style 5 wins in 23 games may well have resulted in mass protests at the back of the main stand from 1000,s demanding change. This became common place. Things are nowhere near that bad just now, but it was the only way to promote major change then.

Management back then always thought they could do better the next season as well. Relegation was the result, more than once, and we were playing in front of 4000 supporters.

You sound like just the person to start a booing section. Email the club, hopefully they'll give you a specific area of the ground where you can boo til your heart is content.

Your last sentence shows how well the booing must have worked back then.

Bazzas right boot

I'm not, I just can't believe you actually support what you say.

Looking at the trophy haul this is up for debate, I think we are the third biggest club in Scotland, but there is very little in it and we have to earn that title again.

Booing the team is common practice, until this season I have rarley witnessed individual players getting booed, Sammon and Nicholson being the obvious ones, particularly when getting named mom or coming on as a sub. Never heard that before at Tynecastle. The plane was the cherry on the cake.

Question- Have you said anything positive on this board about Hearts?

Booing individual players does nothing to management, particularly on match day, it just further erodes the players confidence and gives the other team belief.

There was no transfer window back in them days, You could change the team throughout the season. Cathro has had one transfer window ( which I admit hasn't gone well)

We were shite for 10 years and in a constant decline, we are having a poor 6 months after a good 2.5 years. You are basically making a drama out of our poor patch and seem keen on making it worse in all honesty by booing players and  not renewing ( not sure if you are, but in general)

Your comparison again, begs the question- Do you believe the stuff you are posting?

Bazzas right boot

Your last sentence shows how well the booing must have worked back then.

lol

Best answer on here.

The booing worked last time, lets do it again.......

i wish jj was my dad

He's invisible, he's criticized.  When he 'intervenes' he is equally criticized.  He can't win.

Budge sold me her vision of the club with Levein playing a peripheral role.  That's good enough for me.

Correct.

I personally think it is because we are the third biggest club by miles, so our expectations are rightfully high. 

By miles you mean one more Scottish Cup than Aberdeen who have two more league cups and a Uefa cup?

stirlingshirejambo

This

Only player I ever booed was Larry Kingston when he limped off and left us with ten men

Felt bad that he never played for weeks after it as he was out injured

Nonsense.

Booing a player in their 2nd home game is disgusting.

By all means boo a player if they sign a pre contract with Celtic or shout abuse at the fans or besmirch the name of the club.

It is reminiscent of Rangers and makes us all look like idiots and divides the support.

When I feel the need to boo I usually leave the game as it's embarrasing behaviour.

Correct.

Levein is under pressure to get things right no doubt. Ann has made this clear and you can quote me on this.

Without going into details Levein has admitted that the last 2 transfer windows have been an absolute disaster and he cannot afford a 3rd one.

Captain Canada

Levein is under pressure to get things right no doubt. Ann has made this clear and you can quote me on this.

Without going into details Levein has admitted that the last 2 transfer windows have been an absolute disaster and he cannot afford a 3rd one.

That surely suggests we'll be signing more than four new players in the summer.

The list of 'flops' is pretty staggering in the last few seasons compared to how many have been successful. I'd love to know how much these signings have cost us in terms of wages and pay offs.

I know these poor signings weren't made on purpose but we really have to get rid of the dead wood this summer and get hungry, motivated players in.

That could easily mean something like 10 in and 10 out.

The club is in danger of losing paying fans next season just when we need them most.

Sandy Clark

It's not dickish in the slightest. You paid your money and weren't enjoying it so you left. Nothing wrong with that. Many others will stay until the end and moan relentlessly. Which helps the team more? Of course a few will have stayed and roared the team on too. Each to their own.

By miles you mean one more Scottish Cup than Aberdeen who have two more league cups and a Uefa cup?

I would say biggest club is measured by number of fans / average crowds.

better team or more successful by trophies won.

Archived