General Election

Don Dan

The Tories protect the greedy, not the hard working

That's rubbish.

• Replies 5.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Any Labour supporters on here who voted Tory to kick the SNP in the bollocks?

They must be feeling pretty stupid now.

Ah, there you are, have you answered the questions i asked you? I may have missed them.

Space Mackerel

Ah, there you are, have you answered the questions i asked you? I may have missed them.

What questions?

Captain Sausage

There was a thing on the wife's Facebook she showed me, made giggle!!

It was how Labour get in every four or elections is down to the nations amnesia - Labour get in and bankrupt the country - the Tories get in and pick up the pieces and sort things out - amnesia kicks in and people vote for Labour - Labour get in and bankrupt the country................

Absolutely correct. And fairly frustrating.

NI power sharing angle being brutally exposed on Question Time. As well as yet another example of rank Tory hypocrisy. Grayling proposing the usual anti-logic defence of a wholly unsustainable situation.

Angry Nats still seething [emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

MacDonald Jardine

The  reason to abolish it is very, very simple.

We voted to be part of the UK. we should then take our place in it , alongside everyone else. We deserve , nor require any special treatment.

As long as the parliament stands, independence will dominate our politics. As you say in order to progress it needs to be taken of the table. I can't see any other way to do this other  than hold a second referendum, but with two consequences. No half way house.

And we voted to be part of the UK when we voted for the Scottish Parliament. The two are not mutually exclusive.

Any Labour supporters on here who voted Tory to kick the SNP in the bollocks?

They must be feeling pretty stupid now.

I voted Labour to get Labour. Mr Murray, 15,000 super majority.

So I'm feeling very happy as a Labour voter.

Toxteth O'Grady

I can't understand why Scottish people are too frightened to cut our ties and not be ruled by English Etonians bu that is the is the way it is. Having an extra layer of Polititians at Hollrood seems a bit pointless.

The reason to abolish it is very, very simple.

We voted to be part of the UK. we should then take our place in it , alongside everyone else. We deserve , nor require any special treatment.

As long as the parliament stands, independence will dominate our politics. As you say in order to progress it needs to be taken of the table. I can't see any other way to do this other than hold a second referendum, but with two consequences. No half way house.

The Parliament stood from 99-07 and independence was not the defining topic.

I'd correct you by saying, so long as the SNP are the largest party independence will dominate the scene.

Devolution does not and is not negate union or further independence. It serves the people. It's fate and how it is used is determined by those we elect.

No premier can expect to continue against being so widely discredited. The Tories have to tidy up this utter mess somehow. There's a credible argument for not having the upheaval of a leadership contest so they should appoint an emergency, interim leader or concede to a grand coalition until the next election. The Tories would still lead it. There's a serious problem brewing here. No legitimacy and no credibility.

Toxteth O'Grady

It was how Labour get in every four or elections is down to the nations amnesia - Labour get in and bankrupt the country - the Tories get in and pick up the pieces and sort things out - amnesia kicks in and people vote for Labour - Labour get in and bankrupt the country................

please explain how the Torys have sorted things out.

please explain how the Torys have sorted things out.

Not for me to explain, it was a thing on facebook that made me giggle, that's all, if you don't agree that's fine.

I bet Brussels are pishing themselves tonight. May rallying the country to give her the power to demand all she wants from those pesky Europeans....the result an epic fail.

Sturgeon demands a seat at the table she'll sort them all out, failing that her people will give her the green light to march out of the UK and right into the EU seamlessly... The result an epic fail.

How does May fix it she calls in the Irish who have been at war over a border for decades and still worship a Dutch prince from 1690.

They must seriously think it's a wind up. They'll be sending the tea lady along to negotiate while they get on with their day jobs.

Bazzas right boot

That not true. compete lies. look up your figures, you'll be surprised.

This government hasn't a leg to  stand on in regards to debt.

I'm sure there are links to the debt built up by both parties?

Bazzas right boot

And we voted to be part of the UK when we voted for the Scottish Parliament. The two are not mutually exclusive.

Almost 20 years ago.

Independence has been a topic since, well time begun. it will always dominant politics as long as devolution exists. a definitive referendum with  clear outcomes would be definitive. The last one was clouded by things like Brexit. That card has been played, time to play the full deck.

As someone else said, having a second layer of politicians is pointless.

Now, we could remove our  mp's and have our parliament as an add on to Westminster with some sort of consultation, but having two levels of mps is pointless and in all honesty is unfair on the rest of Britain, we don't have a federal system.

Anyway, I want independence, I think such a stark choice would tip it in our favour, the SNP do a good job at off setting the Tory shite, therfor folk don't want a change. The SNP should let Torie policies hit Scotland in the full, let folk see the state of the NHS and education in England, let them take away workers and human rights, let the DUP dictate policy, let Borris do his thing, then play their hand. There is no rush, SNP should start by scrapping free prescriptions, let the rape clause and bedroom tax  through, charge folk for further education, blame it on the reduced funding from the tories, then play the indey card with the consequences.

Time to play nasty, it wins.

Roxy Hearts

No it needn't go on forever.

We are part of the UK but a number of major powers are devolved to Scotland.

If people would just accept that we could get on with actually trying to improve things.

Major powers are held by the state which we are not one. Can we have economic policy and swap speed limits?

Bazzas right boot

I'm sure there are links to the debt built up by both parties?

So aye, the jokes shite, because the Irony of the joke isn't true.

Tell your wife it was a shite joke.

Psychedelicropcircle

I'm not personally concerned about the welfare of the Conservative party. But if I was them, I'd be promoting Ruth Davidson to a national level and getting her involved in Brexit.

She's single handedly defeated Scottish Independence and deserves a top job.

FFS really!

No premier can expect to continue against being so widely discredited. The Tories have to tidy up this utter mess somehow. There's a credible argument for not having the upheaval of a leadership contest so they should appoint an emergency, interim leader or concede to a grand coalition until the next election. The Tories would still lead it. There's a serious problem brewing here. No legitimacy and no credibility.

Hahahahaha. Still foaming. Take a rest step back fi the keyboard and lie down in a darkened room, maybe have a wee cuddle wi the fishy astronaught and console each other.

So aye, the jokes shite, because the Irony of the joke isn't true.

Tell your wife it was a shite joke.

That was an opportunity to add link to prove your point,instead you choose to be a bit childish, you have it your way.

SwindonJambo

Do you know the difference between debt and deficit? They're 2.completely different things. I'm no Tory but they've reduced the annual deficit by 2/3. That means the debt continues to grow, albeit at a slower speed. Their aim in 2010 was to eliminate the debt in 1 parliament, which was somewhat ambitious and of course, they haven't achieved it.

Political parties' plans to spend this that and the other are fine, but unless you increase tax receipts, you will just increase the deficit and get even deeper in debt. How hard can it be to understand?

And I usually vote Labour! (But not Under Corbyn)

I voted Labour to get Labour. Mr Murray, 15,000 super majority.

So I'm feeling very happy as a Labour voter.

That was a good result

Bowmans_Boot

Hahahahaha. Still foaming. Take a rest step back fi the keyboard and lie down in a darkened room, maybe have a wee cuddle wi the fishy astronaught and console each other.

You clearly believe May has some credibility left. Why?

Do you know the difference between debt and deficit? They're 2.completely different things. I'm no Tory but they've reduced the annual deficit by 2/3. That means the debt continues to grow, albeit at a slower speed. Their aim in 2010 was to eliminate the debt in 1 parliament, which was somewhat ambitious and of course, they haven't achieved it.

Political parties' plans to spend this that and the other are fine, but unless you increase tax receipts, you will just increase the deficit and get even deeper in debt. How hard can it be to understand?

And I usually vote Labour! (But not Under Corbyn)

That was the kind of reply I was hoping for, thanks. Take note Rudi'sleftfoot.

No I think I'll continue to add content to the thread such as I see relevant or interesting to me. Others may agree or not. I see you don't have much of value to add.

You clearly believe May has some credibility left. Why?

Did I say that? I just find it amusing the seethe and foaming from the wee Nats that can't accept the country (Scotland) had told them to do one. Like the last time the foamers can't accept a democratic decision and spend eternity bumping their gums and greetin about it

No I think I'll continue to add content to the thread such as I see relevant or interesting to me. Others may agree or not. I see you don't have much of value to add.

Enough that you replied I see. :biggrin:

Bazzas right boot

Did I say that? I just find it amusing the seethe and foaming from the wee Nats that can't accept the country (Scotland) had told them to do one. Like the last time the foamers can't accept a democratic decision and spend eternity bumping their gums and greetin about it

The establishment was always right.

Change always happens first time.

Bowmans_Boot

More seats than the rest of the parties put together in Scotland and the third biggest party in the UK.

Clearly Scotland isnt very good at telling people "to do one".

Bazzas right boot

Well, May was right, there would be a coaltion of chaos propped up  by terrorists.

Hope she is ok leading it.

Another U turn by our strong and stable leader.

How the **** folk voted for her I don't know.

richiehmfc

Almost 20 years ago.

Independence has been a topic since, well time begun. it will always dominant politics as long as devolution exists. a definitive referendum with  clear outcomes would be definitive. The last one was clouded by things like Brexit. That card has been played, time to play the full deck.

Now, we could remove our  mp's and have our parliament as an add on to Westminster with some sort of consultation, but having two levels of mps is pointless and in all honesty is unfair on the rest of Britain, we don't have a federal system.

Anyway, I want independence, I think such a stark choice would tip it in our favour, the SNP do a good job at off setting the Tory shite, therfor folk don't want a change. The SNP should let Torie policies hit Scotland in the full, let folk see the state of the NHS and education in England, let them take away workers and human rights, let the DUP dictate policy, let Borris do his thing, then play their hand. There is no rush, SNP should start by scrapping free prescriptions, let the rape clause and bedroom tax  through, charge folk for further education, blame it on the reduced funding from the tories, then play the indey card with the consequences.

Or here is a wild idea.... How about the SNP actually use the powers they already have to govern the country properly instead of chasing the Indy dream no matter the cost to the country.

Toxteth O'Grady

Not for me to explain, it was a thing on facebook that made me giggle, that's all, if you don't agree that's fine.

I don't and I think you are out of your depth when you blamed the 3 day week on labour

Enough that you replied I see. :biggrin:

A reply was merited on this occasion. I'll reply again if you add something of interest.

More seats than the rest of the parties put together in Scotland and the third biggest party in the UK.

Clearly Scotland isnt very good at telling people "to do one".

Na only 63% of Scotland told you to ram yer Indy pish.

Give you credit at least your not trotting out the Nat nonsense of "We won the election in Scotland"

Or here is a wild idea.... How about the SNP actually use the powers they already have to govern the country properly instead of chasing the Indy dream no matter the cost to the country.

Who knows - if they did that & delivered on their promises to protect Scotland they may even find themselves in a better position to argue for more powers and ultimately independence.

I don't and I think you are out of your depth when you blamed the 3 day week on labour

The 3 day week was brought in to save electricity and coal due to strikes imposed by the Unions was it not? The Unions at the time backed who?

Bowmans_Boot

Na only 63% of Scotland told you to ram yer Indy pish.

Give you credit at least your not trotting out the Nat nonsense of "We won the election in Scotland"

I have posted several times that it was bad for the SNP. However the fact remains that they did "win" it in Scotland, they just didnt absolutely annihilate the other parties this time.

Well, May was right, there would be a coaltion of chaos propped up by terrorists.

Hope she is ok leading it.

Another U turn by our strong and stable leader.

How the **** folk voted for her I don't know.

There are 4 strands to the unsustainable arrangement with the DUP.

1. The conflict.of interest as NI mediators.

2. The incompatibility of the DUP beliefs with a majority of the UK pubic.

3. The hypocrisy of working with an entity tainted by terrorist implications.

4. The hypocrisy of working with a party led from outside Westminster when May discredited the notion of Sturgeon working with the Labour Party in the same terms.

Not all of those are that important but two of them are.

King Of The Cat Cafe

Wee problem for Tories thinking they could call another election in a few months.

Need to make that coalition with DUP work.

Popcorn

There won't be a "coalition" with the DUP - at least not in the same sense as with the Lib Dems a few years ago.

The DUPes are parochial; all they want is for someone to help save good wee Norn Irn from popery and a United Ireland, and pony up some cash for roads and schools and stuff.

Where they will dig their heels in is over things like balancing abortion rights on the mainland with the lack of them in NI.

In essence, I think that NI will suffer more from the relationship than Scotland, Wales and England.

I have posted several times that it was bad for the SNP. However the fact remains that they did "win" it in Scotland, they just didnt absolutely annihilate the other parties this time.

There was the rest of the country thinking it was a UK election not a Scottish one.

See that's your problem right there you and the other wee Nats and nippy and her band of bravehearts. Thinking it's all Scotland you can't see past your wee bubble. Making the same mistake as the EU referendum thinking Scotland is seperate when it's not were part of the UK last nights election was a GE not a Scottish election. You may have won the most seats in Scotland but you won sweet feck all.

Wern't the SNP sort of propped up by the Scottish Tories not so long ago?

MacDonald Jardine

Major powers are held by the state which we are not one. Can we have economic policy and swap speed limits?

There are a number of powers that would allow the Scottish Government to follow a distinct economic policy.

The president government would rather blame Westminster.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Bowmans_Boot

Wern't the SNP sort of propped up by the Scottish Tories not so long ago?

2007, yes.

MacDonald Jardine

Almost 20 years ago.

Independence has been a topic since, well time begun. it will always dominant politics as long as devolution exists. a definitive referendum with clear outcomes would be definitive. The last one was clouded by things like Brexit. That card has been played, time to play the full deck.

Now, we could remove our mp's and have our parliament as an add on to Westminster with some sort of consultation, but having two levels of mps is pointless and in all honesty is unfair on the rest of Britain, we don't have a federal system.

Anyway, I want independence, I think such a stark choice would tip it in our favour, the SNP do a good job at off setting the Tory shite, therfor folk don't want a change. The SNP should let Torie policies hit Scotland in the full, let folk see the state of the NHS and education in England, let them take away workers and human rights, let the DUP dictate policy, let Borris do his thing, then play their hand. There is no rush, SNP should start by scrapping free prescriptions, let the rape clause and bedroom tax through, charge folk for further education, blame it on the reduced funding from the tories, then play the indey card with the consequences.

Independence was not a major topic in Scottish politics until fairly recently.

And you're still sounding like a spoilt bairn.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Bowmans_Boot

There was the rest of the country thinking it was a UK election not a Scottish one.

See that's your problem right there you and the other wee Nats and nippy and her band of bravehearts. Thinking it's all Scotland you can't see past your wee bubble. Making the same mistake as the EU referendum thinking Scotland is seperate when it's not were part of the UK last nights election was a GE not a Scottish election. You may have won the most seats in Scotland but you won sweet feck all.

The only reasonable way to judge how well or badly the SNP perform in elections is by looking at Scotland, its not difficult to work out why!!

You also said that "Scotland told them to do one", so clearly you are also caught up in the wee Scottish bubble.

Archived