Indy Ref Part Deux

Armageddon

• Replies 3.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Indeed you could.

You could also argue that their idea of devolving power mysteriously stops when it reaches Edinburgh.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Another fact the bats don't like is the failure by the SNP to fully use the devolved powers and extra ones devolved since 2014.

The welfare system for a start. The SNP last year put back the time when they will have executive power (meaning they can implement and act on change) by 3 years they told the Westminster to put the transfer of power back 3 years. Yet these muppets sit and bemoan the Tories and Westminster for them failing our most vulnerable i.e. Disabled why have they did this ? Because it isn't mainstream news and it suits with their agenda and building up of anti Tory/English/westminster hatred.

The SNP/Scottish government have also ALWAYS had the power to abolish the bedroom tax but instead they have used the power to implement a rebate to those on state benefits only. So anyone working even though they could be on a really low wage is still subject to the bedroom tax, along with other benefit claimants if they are not on a particular benefit I believe contribution based JSA claimants do not qualify for a bedroom tax rebate. Yet the bedroom tax is used as a stick to bear the Tories with and the teeth gnashing extremists believe it because they haven't got a working brain cell with the capacity to think for itself.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Rudolf's Mate

Another fact the bats don't like is the failure by the SNP to fully use the devolved powers and extra ones devolved since 2014.

The welfare system for a start. The SNP last year put back the time when they will have executive power (meaning they can implement and act on change) by 3 years they told the Westminster to put the transfer of power back 3 years. Yet these muppets sit and bemoan the Tories and Westminster for them failing our most vulnerable i.e. Disabled why have they did this ? Because it isn't mainstream news and it suits with their agenda and building up of anti Tory/English/westminster hatred.

The SNP/Scottish government have also ALWAYS had the power to abolish the bedroom tax but instead they have used the power to implement a rebate to those on state benefits only. So anyone working even though they could be on a really low wage is still subject to the bedroom tax, along with other benefit claimants if they are not on a particular benefit I believe contribution based JSA claimants do not qualify for a bedroom tax rebate. Yet the bedroom tax is used as a stick to bear the Tories with and the teeth gnashing extremists believe it because they haven't got a working brain cell with the capacity to think for itself.

Not saying for a minute it isn't but is that true? Screaming for control and pushing any back for any amount of time is absurd!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Seymour M Hersh

Union Jack pillowcase had a better ring to it. I bow to your superior knowledge of British nationalist insignia.

`You'll be the first sep to bow to facts then. Better not let it catch a hold. I think you possibly missed to letters of your name btw. 

Seymour M Hersh

I would.support any move to reduce defence spending to the absolute minimum required to protect our borders.

So no NATO for you? 

Not saying for a minute it isn't but is that true? Screaming for control and pushing any back for any amount of time is absurd!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

"SNP ministers are under fire for delaying their role in new devolved welfare powers, despite regularly criticising the Tory government?s approach and demanding rapid change.

It emerged yesterday that the Scottish Government had asked the Department of Work and Pensions (DWP) to stay in charge of delivering several benefits until 2020, even though Holyrood will be able to legislate on them next year.

The arrangement, known as ?split competence?, means MSPs will acquire ?legislative competence? over the benefits in 2017, in time for the SNP?s forthcoming Social Security Bill.

However SNP ministers will only acquire the ?executive competence? for putting any changes into practice three years later, leaving it to the DWP in the interim."

The above quote is taken from the Herald last November.

According to some raspers its all a game though. Aye they are playing a game with the people of Scotland that they claim to be listening to and working for. 

The Tartan Trump

`You'll be the first sep to bow to facts then. Better not let it catch a hold. I think you possibly missed to letters of your name btw. 

Ooft, managed to get a sly wee dig in at the end there.

Utterly rattled.

Nookie Bear

So no NATO for you?

Who knows?

But we cannot afford it so why keep this pretence of being a world player? Utter waste of money.

jambo lodge

Interesting comments from on radio this morning from David McAllister, German MEP and prime Minister of Lower Saxony ( his Dad was a Scottish soldier based in Germany) Would not be drawn on Scotland in Europe but said that it was inevitable that the UK and EU would end up with a Free Trade Agreement as it was in everyone's interests to do so. In his view 2 years for Brexit then transitional arrangements whilst free trade agreement is sorted.  

Nookie Bear

Interesting comments from on radio this morning from David McAllister, German MEP and prime Minister of Lower Saxony ( his Dad was a Scottish soldier based in Germany) Would not be drawn on Scotland in Europe but said that it was inevitable that the UK and EU would end up with a Free Trade Agreement as it was in everyone's interests to do so. In his view 2 years for Brexit then transitional arrangements whilst free trade agreement is sorted.

This is the logical process as, despite the posturing, the EU and GB are so heavily linked that any other option would be damaging.

Comes down to money and that is the best outcome here.

Interesting comments from on radio this morning from David McAllister, German MEP and prime Minister of Lower Saxony ( his Dad was a Scottish soldier based in Germany) Would not be drawn on Scotland in Europe but said that it was inevitable that the UK and EU would end up with a Free Trade Agreement as it was in everyone's interests to do so. In his view 2 years for Brexit then transitional arrangements whilst free trade agreement is sorted.  

Exactly what many people have said since the Brexit Ref. particularly Germany where BMW and Mercedes export more cars to the UK than any other EU country and both of them have huge sway over the government because they are so big. 

Going by The PM's logic that Scotland have to wait until Brexit negotiations are complete before they vote on independence. I now await EUref2, we need to know the terms after all.

Nookie Bear

Exactly what many people have said since the Brexit Ref. particularly Germany where BMW and Mercedes export more cars to the UK than any other EU country and both of them have huge sway over the government because they are so big.

Big business saves the day!

Space Mackerel will explode.

But according to no voters rUK won't trade with Scotland post Independence. Absolute pish.

John Swinney was absolutely destroyed in an interview on Radio Scotland.

Would not answer questions on currency, economy, or that the 2014 Indy Proposal had Oil money baked into their figures.

All he said in return was Independence, Hard Tory Brexit, ... eh Independence. Repeat ad nauseum.

I voted Yes last time but my position is a hard No purely because these clowns have proven that they have no policies on the currency, and no economic competence to run the country post independence.  In two years since the last vote they still don't know what their proposal is.

But according to no voters rUK won't trade with Scotland post Independence. Absolute pish.

Honestly you started off this thread seeming quite level headed and resonable to debate with. after about 10 pages you transformed into a raving teeth gnashing imbecile. 

I don't recall anyone saying that. I do remember personally saying post Brexit the for an independent Scotland within the EU to trade with rUK we would be subject to tariffs and limits. Those would be imposed by the EU not the rUK, 

SwindonJambo

I've heard him speak on the radio a few times down the years. He speaks English with a strong whiff of a Scottish Accent which he's obviously picked up from his Weedgie Hun dad. I think that's a very sensible suggestion btw and probably what most of Europe secretly wants. The EU fat cat bureaucrats are just afraid that if the UK leaves and prospers, a queue of others will follow us out the door and burst their ball.

Going by The PM's logic that Scotland have to wait until Brexit negotiations are complete before they vote on independence. I now await EUref2, we need to know the terms after all.

I'd welcome a 2nd EU referendum once we know the terms of Brexit as least then we'd all have a better idea what we're voting for -  but you can't enter the negotiations with this openly being planned or it would encourage the EU negotiators to give us the worst deal possible in the hope that it would be rejected in the 2nd referendum.

So no NATO for you? 

Did you vote to be a part of NATO?

I don't recall the referendum on that issue...

The Tartan Trump

A wee bit better than Cherry's efforts

https://twitter.com/bbcthisweek/status/842531765663105024

Good stuff there. Cherry should have went along the same lines. Anyone thinking that Yes are going to be left open to attack and spill the beans about what the plans are before the date for Indy ref2 has been set is deluded.

I wouldn't even bother with a white paper or anything like that. Just hire a bus and say the NHS is going to get an extra ?350 million a week. Works a treat apparently.

I've heard him speak on the radio a few times down the years. He speaks English with a strong whiff of a Scottish Accent which he's obviously picked up from his Weedgie Hun dad. I think that's a very sensible suggestion btw and probably what most of Europe secretly wants. The EU fat cat bureaucrats are just afraid that if the UK leaves and prospers, a queue of others will follow us out the door and burst their ball.

:spoton:

Dear oh dear. They only just announced the POSSIBILITY of a referendum 48 hours ago and you're seeking definitive answers on currency, tax et al.

The UK government have had nearly a year of Brexit talks, and yet we're still in the dark.

Unionists would willingly see Scotland suffer than prosper under the SNP, that's the conclusion I've drawn this week.

Considering independence is the only thing that SNP cares about, you would think they have a plan. All the hopes of the Yes side are pinned on the Growth Commission report from Andrew Wilson. He has already admitted oil was baked into the figures of an Indy Scotland yet Swinney is already saying he was wrong and bizarrely starts saying it was a bonus to the UK since the 80's.

Unionists care more about Scotland that nationalists currently as we are not trying to force even more severe austerity on ourselves.

jambo lodge

John Swinney was absolutely destroyed in an interview on Radio Scotland.

Would not answer questions on currency, economy, or that the 2014 Indy Proposal had Oil money baked into their figures.

All he said in return was Independence, Hard Tory Brexit, ... eh Independence. Repeat ad nauseum.

I voted Yes last time but my position is a hard No purely because these clowns have proven that they have no policies on the currency, and no economic competence to run the country post independence.  In two years since the last vote they still don't know what their proposal is.

Thanks for the info, have to confess that I pressed the off button when he came on. Good to hear he got some tough questions. 

The Tartan Trump

So the SNP doesn't have a currency plan up its sleeve! Great work.

What part of 'Andrew Wilson and his commission are working on that' and 'you will know by the time of the referendum' did you not understand ?

The Tartan Trump

Unionists care more about Scotland that nationalists currently as we are not trying to force even more severe austerity on ourselves.

Nonsense. We all care about Scotland, we just have different views on the best way to govern it.

HaymarketJambo

Scotlands 'defence' spending post Indy

C7Do2RRWwAENEDd.jpg

I thought the above is how the army would look like under a Labour Government? 

All we need now is a couple of Greenpeace ships for the Navy?

The Tartan Trump

And if Unionists care more for Scotland, why do they never talk up the country? It's always doom, gloom and scaremongering.

Some (not all) have it almost ingrained in themselves, that we as a people, as a nation, are too wee, too poor and too stupid to govern ourselves.

You could see it yesterday, the utter joy of some people on here and out there, when May said to Scotland, I don't care what you think, back in your box now.

Psychedelicropcircle

Federalism would kill this thread stone dead! Won't happen though as the anti devolution party consider this as Indy by the back door.

Which should confirm to most they are power hungry monsters.

The Tartan Trump

Federalism would kill this thread stone dead! Won't happen though as the anti devolution party consider this as Indy by the back door.

Which should confirm to most they are power hungry monsters.

I would be happy with federalism, as would I imagine quite a few Yes and No voters. It would dilute the tories power base in South England though so it's a no go. Plus, I don't think voters in England want it.

Tbf Kez has been pushing the idea, but that's the equivalent of the school janitor proposing to change the school curriculum.

So the SNP doesn't have a currency plan up its sleeve! Great work.

You know this?

I keep seeing this "too wee .... too stupid" quote being mentioned and attributed to Unionists. I assume it has been used by some Unionists at some point but looking through this thread it only ever seems to be used by independence supporters.

Some (not all) have it almost ingrained in themselves, that we as a people, as a nation, are too wee, too poor and too stupid to govern ourselves.

You could see it yesterday, the utter joy of some people on here and out there, when May said to Scotland, I don't care what you think, back in your box now.

So we canny go then because we canny afford it? That the argument? Again? Too wee, too poor, canny afford it. Better staying strapped to a Tory government in perpetuity then!

There's something making no 10 desperate to hold on to this too wee too poor too stupid country, what is it?

Sums you up. Why independence from the EU but not rUK? The EU doesn't decide on our tax and spend. The EU just said the UK Brexit ref is null and void as it's too wee and too stupid and isn't allowed to have independence votes as it Cannae afford it. And Breathe

Unionists really going hard with the too wee, too poor, too stupid tropes tonight.

You're utterly rattled.

I think the point is that people see independence in a post-Brexit situation as akin to Lemmings jumping off a cliff.

A vote for independence at when Scotland is out of Europe would be a disaster for jobs in this country.  Only a halfwit with a grudge against the establishment would vote for that.

The people of the UK voted for Brexit so its time the remoaners shut up and let the government get on with it.

deesidejambo

Makes sense and I think many would take this as the best solution for all.    Trade wins the day.   

deesidejambo

I keep seeing this "too wee .... too stupid" quote being mentioned and attributed to Unionists. I assume it has been used by some Unionists at some point but looking through this thread it only ever seems to be used by independence supporters.

Wasn't it Swinney that firs used it?  Anyway someone will correct me I'm sure.

Too wee - To support a population of 5 million much of which came from shipbuilding, mining, steel which are now defunct seems difficult.   

Too poor - Thats down to the economic argument that will go on for ever.

Too stupid - Will be happy to hear who first said that and why.

Wasn't it Swinney that firs used it?  Anyway someone will correct me I'm sure.

Too wee - To support a population of 5 million much of which came from shipbuilding, mining, steel which are now defunct seems difficult.   

Too poor - Thats down to the economic argument that will go on for ever.

Too stupid - Will be happy to hear who first said that and why.

May well have been John Swinney that used it first - he used it back in 2001 when he was leader: http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/scotland/1198681.stm

Wilson has retracted those comments, he was misquoted.

Austerity is we'll have with a Tory government for the foreseeable. You don't know what an iScotland will look like at this stage, neither do I.

Nope he retracted (via twitter) comments about 10 years growth to get back to where we are now. He stated in an interview about oil not being a bonus last time round and that next time they will assume oil revenues are 0 to be clearer. Oil was not a nice wee extra in 2014, it was needed in the financial plan in the white paper.

You know this?

They only have once choice yet after going through all the options in recent years.

Pound a millstone round our neck, euro is where we should be

We will use the pound, the pound is the currency of choice

Now we are onto a new currency, something which wasn't even good enough to be a plan B last time round.

Making it up as they go

Nope he retracted (via twitter) comments about 10 years growth to get back to where we are now. He stated in an interview about oil not being a bonus last time round and that next time they will assume oil revenues are 0 to be clearer. Oil was not a nice wee extra in 2014, it was needed in the financial plan in the white paper.

It's nice to see you praising the SNP for learning from their mistakes and doing the right thing this time around. You're on the turn.

The Tartan Trump

I think the point is that people see independence in a post-Brexit situation as akin to Lemmings jumping off a cliff.

A vote for independence at when Scotland is out of Europe would be a disaster for jobs in this country.  Only a halfwit with a grudge against the establishment would vote for that.

The people of the UK voted for Brexit so its time the remoaners shut up and let the government get on with it.

Some see independence in a post-Brexit situation as skin to a lifeboat after the ship has been holed below the waterline. Opinions eh.

Better Together told us we would lose 120,000 EU related jobs if we voted Yes. How's that one working out for you now ?

Your mask has slipped with the remoaners jibe, and your last 2 sentences are the very definition of irony.

It's nice to see you praising the SNP for learning from their mistakes and doing the right thing this time around. You're on the turn.

Ah so it is ok for snp to change their mind on a mistake that could have had serious consequences for Scotland but when UK gov change a policy it is a "screeching embarrassing u-turn"

The Tartan Trump

They only have once choice yet after going through all the options in recent years.

Pound a millstone round our neck, euro is where we should be

We will use the pound, the pound is the currency of choice

Now we are onto a new currency, something which wasn't even good enough to be a plan B last time round.

Making it up as they go

The currency post Independence will be bottles of Unionist tears.

We'd be rich beyond our wildest dreams.

jambos are go!

Is not fair that remaining in the Union should be on the YES side of the ballot paper this time?

Nookie Bear

The only people who ever use the "too poor, too wee' line are nationalists.

I think that is because you truly believe that and would rather be part of the UK, able to blame Westminster for everything, rather than wanting to take full responsibility.

The Tartan Trump

Is not fair that remaining in the Union should be on the YES side of the ballot paper this time?

The question and the rules should be the same as last time no ? All in the interest of fairness.

AlphonseCapone

What's the difference? Is there actually one?

Oh dear, someone's a little sensitive this morning.

The bottle of tears was clearly a joke sweetheart. One which has turned you into a seething mess by the looks of it.

Please accept my apologies.

Joke? Every post you have made you have either argued or attacked someone or used name calling. Clearly it's your own seethe that's affecting your judgement. Step back from the computer for a little while listen to some of the Tartan lads classics and relax before you have a cranial explosion.

The currency post Independence will be bottles of Unionist tears.

We'd be rich beyond our wildest dreams.

On "Scottish Oil"?

All the finance jobs would go down south.

Said earlier there should be 3 options but it won't be allowed. The SNP are making another Indyref about the EU so it's only right the question of EU membership be brought into any ballot paper.

Archived