Indy Ref Part Deux

Armageddon

deesidejambo

Personally Im ****** a hoop at the new vision of what Scotland can be like for the future.

That's ok. Just respect that others are not so keen and stop baiting them.

• Replies 3.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
MacDonald Jardine

Personally Im ****** a hoop at the new vision of what Scotland can be like for the future.

Could you share that vision with the rest of us?

Two successive SNP governments, albeit one a coalition, haven't provided any clues.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

To me it's very sad where we are. The Country is divided and will remain so for a long time regardless of what lies ahead.

But those who think it's a big funny game can gtf

Smiley

Tick-tock etc

It's all part of the game.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

MacDonald Jardine

TBF It does look as they are ashamed to be Scottish with those kind of remarks.

It seems some people take a perverse delight in knocking their own.

Just take a look at some of the threads on the terrace. Even the most die hard Hibby would be hard pressed to be more negative about our club. It's the same with Scotland some people seem to revel in our misfortune.

I think it is a Scottish trait to look on the gloomy side.

It isn't though an indication that people don't care or would rather be something else.

Comments like that are way out of order though.

He is just winding us Yes and SNP supporters up that's all.

He is a good lad, take it as a laugh.

Fair enough.

Space Mackerel

Could you share that vision with the rest of us?

Two successive SNP governments, albeit one a coalition, haven't provided any clues.

I think we will be way better off financially, culturally and politically.

The Union, or Westminster isnt working for us up here and is failing generally the whole of the UK apart from London these days

SwindonJambo

The Union, or Westminster isnt working for us up here and is failing generally the whole of the UK apart from London these days

I agree that Westminster is London and South East Centric and Scotland is certainly culturally different (as is a lot of rUK).  What makes you think we'd be better off financially ?

deesidejambo

In what way is it not working? Trying to have a genuine discussion here.

What is it that is not working for you?

Space Mackerel

I agree that Westminster is London and South East Centric and Scotland is certainly culturally different (as is a lot of rUK). What makes you think we'd be better off financially ?

We have a wealth of natural resources up here and highly skilled educated people.

Space Mackerel

In what way is it not working? Trying to have a genuine discussion here.

What is it that is not working for you?

Report in The National saying 1 in 4 children in Scotland are now living in poverty.

Its not working for me as its not delivering any central government i have ever voted for, bar once as a protest vote.

MacDonald Jardine

Yes but how exactly?

I agree Westminster concentrates on the South East.

However, two successive SNP governments have given no indication of a vastly new way of thinking.

They are also intent on concentrating power at a national level.

MacDonald Jardine

Report in The National saying 1 in 4 children in Scotland are now living in poverty.

Its not working for me as its not delivering any central government i have ever voted for, bar once as a protest vote.

Well assuming you vote SNP it wouldn't.

deesidejambo

1 in 4 children living in poverty? I genuinely struggle with this. Are they using the old "relative poverty" trick.

SwindonJambo

We have a wealth of natural resources up here and highly skilled educated people.

So why aren't we benefitting from them enough already ? Is it enough to support Scotland's population?  What could we change to benefit more from these resources that we can't change under the current regime ?

Space Mackerel

Yes but how exactly?

I agree Westminster concentrates on the South East.

However, two successive SNP governments have given no indication of a vastly new way of thinking.

They are also intent on concentrating power at a national level.

Think of countries like businesses, we are leaving one thats archaic, loss making and not moving with the times to start up a fresh business thats embracing new ideas and practices.

zoltan socrates

Think of countries like businesses, we are leaving one thats archaic, loss making and not moving with the times to start up a fresh business thats embracing new ideas and practices.

By joining an eu that is failing rapidly? Great forward thinking

Yet the SNP have had the powers and have refused to implement them which could have prevented many of Scotland problems, yet the selfish self serving xenophobic barstewards have refused because it doesn't suit their agenda of being able to bash wastemonster. Their excuse they don't want to be bail out Westminster that's an actual excuse they have used.

The SNP are horrible divisive bigots as are their followers

MacDonald Jardine

That all sounds great but I've seen absolutely no indication that an SNP government is fresh or embraces new ideas or practices.

I understand the emotional argument for an independent Scotland but can't see any evidence it would be a success.

Aside from the financial issues I have a real problem with the SNP'S tendency to centralise everything.

TBF It does look as they are ashamed to be Scottish with those kind of remarks.

It seems some people take a perverse delight in knocking their own.

Just take a look at some of the threads on the terrace. Even the most die hard Hibby would be hard pressed to be more negative about our club. It's the same with Scotland some people seem to revel in our misfortune.

As someone said on the St Paddy's day thread, a lot of Scots are just full of self loathing and just can't seem to say anything good about their country. 

Seymour M Hersh

That would enable me to vote but I don't see how you could justify it tbh and I don't see that happening.  It certainly affects us as it could mean us suddenly becoming foreigners in our own (wider) country.

Very easily as as a quid pro quo to the inevitable demand from the SNP that all EU folk living in Scotland temporarily or otherwise get to vote along with school children.

That's ok. Just respect that others are not so keen and stop baiting them.

Practice what you preach

Seymour M Hersh

SNP considering the Bawbee as the currency of an independent Scotland?

That makes sense as they have a bawbag as leader.

Yet the SNP have had the powers and have refused to implement them which could have prevented many of Scotland problems, yet the selfish self serving xenophobic barstewards have refused because it doesn't suit their agenda of being able to bash wastemonster. Their excuse they don't want to be bail out Westminster that's an actual excuse they have used.

If anyone is still in doubt the JKB indy2 poll has false opinions, look no further than this poster.

Yes voter to a no voter, aye sure Jim.

MacDonald Jardine

c74b25e7be012d1c76ade53bcffb328e.jpg

A wee bit Scottish humour seeing as its Friday :)

That's quite good to be fair.

If anyone is still in doubt the JKB indy2 poll has false opinions, look no further than this poster.

Yes voter to a no voter, aye sure Jim.

Sorry I forget you have to be an SNP fan to be a yes voter

Cruyff Turn

You've lost the plot and any credibility on this thread as a reasonable poster using such language.

Seymour M Hersh

Would this be the same Nicola Sturgeon 

1)Who said in August 2014 : "Shetland is on the cusp of a second oil boom." 
2)Who said in 2013 "An independent Scotland will keep the pound because it is in everyone's best interests, and to try and suggest otherwise simply flies in the face of the facts. 
3) who claimed an independent Scotland would be able to appoint members to the Bank of England committee 
4) who said in December 2007 , " Scotland would automatically be a member of the European Union upon independence. There is legal opinion to back that up. I don't think the legal opinion is in any doubt",
 5) who said she had EU backing to introduce a minimum price for alcohol following talks with the wrong EU Commissioner
 6) who wrote a letter of support for Abdul Rauf before he was sentenced for ?80,000 of benefit fraud 
7) who had to apologise to Parliament for asking a court to consider alternatives to custody for aforesaid convicted fraudster 
8) who made the false claim that increasing alcohol affordability has seen increasing admissions to hospital related to alcohol use 
9) who wrongly said Mr Salmond would not get caught staying at New York's upmarket Benjamin Hotel 
10) who had to apologise to Rob Armstrong, who had warned her and the SNP about Bill Walker 
11) who refused to apologise for cutting the NHS budget, cutting nurses and midwives at a rate ten times higher than in England, NHS officials fiddling waiting-list figures, patients being treated with a lack of dignity and poor trauma care. 
12)  who interrupts and shouts over anyone trying to debate with her 
13)  who bawled across the floor of the Scottish parliament "Bring it on"
 14) who claimed a rigged Panelbase poll was a "gamechanger" 
15) who had to remove a pirated video from her website 
16) who claimed that an independent Scotland would be able to pay higher pensions because Scots die earlier 
17) who didn't bother to attend the service of reconciliation after the referendum 
18) who claimed there was " a natural majority " for independence 
19) who is spending taxpayers' money on a failing airport near HER MUM 
20) who hassled until she got a meeting with an actress who played a TV politician? 
21) who had a hospital built in her constituency with not enough beds, and who stopped improvement plans to Lanarkshire acute services for political reasons 22) who said the following in Holyrood "Well Scotland, if it were independent, would be the 6th richest country in the OECD and of course? " and "a point that's well established" and claimed it was an "official statistic from the OECD" but it wasn't ? it had been made up by the Scottish government and was based on dodgy calculating 
23) who said the case for Scottish independence "transcends"  Scotland's problems.

She definitely likes ignoring things mindless or otherwise). Like running the country she keeps reminding us she was elected to run (even although it was her party in a minority government situation).

HaymarketJambo

You are so, so wrong about SNP and their followers.

Shame on you. 

deesidejambo

Surprise surprise it's the "relative poverty" trick.

Anyway who has the power to raise tax to address this? It's nonsense to blame Westminster for this whilst the Scottish Govt do nothing.

Will the Scottish Govt address this issue? No. Blame the Tories.

deesidejambo

Good to see she is taking a personal interest in education now.

Joke btw

2)Who said in 2013 "An independent Scotland will keep the pound because it is in everyone's best interests, and to try and suggest otherwise simply flies in the face of the facts.

3) who claimed an independent Scotland would be able to appoint members to the Bank of England committee

4) who said in December 2007 , " Scotland would automatically be a member of the European Union upon independence. There is legal opinion to back that up. I don't think the legal opinion is in any doubt",

5) who said she had EU backing to introduce a minimum price for alcohol following talks with the wrong EU Commissioner

6) who wrote a letter of support for Abdul Rauf before he was sentenced for ?80,000 of benefit fraud

7) who had to apologise to Parliament for asking a court to consider alternatives to custody for aforesaid convicted fraudster

8) who made the false claim that increasing alcohol affordability has seen increasing admissions to hospital related to alcohol use

9) who wrongly said Mr Salmond would not get caught staying at New York's upmarket Benjamin Hotel

10) who had to apologise to Rob Armstrong, who had warned her and the SNP about Bill Walker

11) who refused to apologise for cutting the NHS budget, cutting nurses and midwives at a rate ten times higher than in England, NHS officials fiddling waiting-list figures, patients being treated with a lack of dignity and poor trauma care.

12) who interrupts and shouts over anyone trying to debate with her

13) who bawled across the floor of the Scottish parliament "Bring it on"

16) who claimed that an independent Scotland would be able to pay higher pensions because Scots die earlier

17) who didn't bother to attend the service of reconciliation after the referendum

20) who hassled until she got a meeting with an actress who played a TV politician?

21) who had a hospital built in her constituency with not enough beds, and who stopped improvement plans to Lanarkshire acute services for political reasons 22) who said the following in Holyrood "Well Scotland, if it were independent, would be the 6th richest country in the OECD and of course? " and "a point that's well established" and claimed it was an "official statistic from the OECD" but it wasn't ? it had been made up by the Scottish government and was based on dodgy calculating

23) who said the case for Scottish independence "transcends" Scotland's problems.

She definitely likes ignoring things mindless or otherwise). Like running the country she keeps reminding us she was elected to run (even although it was her party in a minority government situation).

BOOM

This will have a few of the extremists foaming.

Good to see she is taking a personal interest in education now.

Joke btw

Her joke wasn't bad - but you've come up with a better one :2thumbsup:

Nookie Bear

Comments like this are exactly what Nationalists use to suggest Unionist Scots are ashamed of their country and would rather be English.

Problem is, until the SNP set out their plans for the currency (by which I mean the currency they want to use and what groundwork or negotiations they have put in place to make that happen) then they will invite such comments.

Nookie Bear

Nice response to a pathetic tweet - that's how it's done.

Space Mackerel

Problem is, until the SNP set out their plans for the currency (by which I mean the currency they want to use and what groundwork or negotiations they have put in place to make that happen) then they will invite such comments.

Have a bit of patience, all will be revealed soon, maybe around the day Article 50 is triggered is my hunch.

MacDonald Jardine

They might invite criticism.

That post was just cringe worthy.

Stuart Lyon

Here I am trying to lighten the mood for the fanatical SNP/Independence followers and my efforts are described as cringeworthy! I'll have to hand back my sporran, kilt etc.

McDonald Jardine - following on from your leader's comment on grammar please note cringeworthy is all one word!

Nookie Bear

Have a bit of patience, all will be revealed soon, maybe around the day Article 50 is triggered is my hunch.

Absolutely fine with that.

I don't think YES will have a hope of winning if this is not nailed down and presented properly to the people well in advance of any vote.

My hunch us that converting to the Euro is a big loser, but just a hunch.

jambo lodge

12)  who interrupts and shouts over anyone trying to debate with her 
13)  who bawled across the floor of the Scottish parliament "Bring it on"
23) who said the case for Scottish independence "transcends"  Scotland's problems.

Wish we had a LIKE button.

Nookie Bear

They might invite criticism.

That post was just cringe worthy.

The "bawbee" post?

Yeah, a bit poor.

MacDonald Jardine

Here I am trying to lighten the mood for the fanatical SNP/Independence followers and my efforts are described as cringeworthy! I'll have to hand back my sporran, kilt etc.

McDonald Jardine - following on from your leader's comment on grammar please note cringeworthy is all one word!

My leader? I'm a Unionist who cringed at your comment.

Fair point though- I blame predictive text.

Stuart Lyon

I was just trying to help since the SNP either don't know or won't declare what currency an independent Scotland would use.

Stuart Lyon

MJ if my comment made you cringe I am deeply sorry. Also sorry for inferring you were an SNP/Independence supporter. All better now?

deesidejambo

MJ if my comment made you cringe I am deeply sorry. Also sorry for inferring you were an SNP/Independence supporter. All better now?

You'll get a gig on Live At The Apollo

deesidejambo

12) who interrupts and shouts over anyone trying to debate with her

13) who bawled across the floor of the Scottish parliament "Bring it on"

23) who said the case for Scottish independence "transcends" Scotland's problems.

Please tell me point 16 is not true. If it is then it's a shocker

Archived