Indy Ref Part Deux

Armageddon

deesidejambo

I was going to find that so thanks for saving me the trouble.

It's absolutely astounding the level of either stupidity or downright ignorance that causes people to post such factually incorrect stuff on here. I don't know if the read it, get told it or attempting to bait posters with it.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

Posted by someone who thinks the Pentagon was hit by a missile

• Replies 3.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
zoltan socrates

utter mince.

The debt comes under the UK Treasury and the Bank of England, they would have to offer us a Currency Union to make us take our share of the debt.

If we don't get our share of the assets, the UK gets no repayment of debt.

And if we dont take our share of the debt, upon independence watch how our credit rating plummets and then how do you sti ulate an economy?

zoltan socrates

Was it not a radio controlled coffin?

Space Mackerel

One day your patter may change, we live in hope.

Cruyff Turn

And if we dont take our share of the debt, upon independence watch how our credit rating plummets and then how do you sti ulate an economy?

How would our credit rating plummet?

The UK has to give Scotland its proportional share of UK assets if it wants Scotland to take its proportional share of its debt.

If the UK's assets (according to the UK Treasury) far exceed its liabilities then I'm sure pretty sure an Independent Scotland's actual debt may actually end up a surplus.

Arnold Rothstein

The UK has to give Scotland its proportional share of UK assets if it wants Scotland to take its proportional share of its debt.

If the UK's assets (according to the UK Treasury) far exceed its liabilities then I'm sure pretty sure an Independent Scotland's actual debt may actually end up a surplus.

You just make shit up eh?

Psychedelicropcircle

I would be happy with federalism, as would I imagine quite a few Yes and No voters. It would dilute the tories power base in South England though so it's a no go. Plus, I don't think voters in England want it.

Tbf Kez has been pushing the idea, but that's the equivalent of the school janitor proposing to change the school curriculum.

lol accurate description of kez.

Cruyff Turn

You just make shit up eh?

What is so unreasonable about that?

Are you saying that they wouldn't?

Or is it that this doesn't fit in with the Brit Nat mantra?

But she doesnt fly first class. None of the MP's do.

Why do you continue to post utter lies?

No lies space cadet.

"Mhairi Black MP has been branded a ?champagne nationalist? after claiming almost ?13,500 for business class flights between Paisley and London.

Critics slammed the SNP politician after it was revealed she claimed for 38 journeys between Glasgow Airport and London City."

You keep sticking your fingers in your ears and screaming lalalalalalalala whilst the rest of us live in the real world.

Truth hurts eh

It's all in the game though

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

doctor jambo

I agree , and I'm anti Indy at the moment

I'm not big into scare stories

huge figures will be bandied about to scare folks into this or that

brexit divirce bill ?

Its done to make everyone look good when they manage to fork out less ......

doctor jambo

No lies space cadet.

"Mhairi Black MP has been branded a ?champagne nationalist? after claiming almost ?13,500 for business class flights between Paisley and London.

Critics slammed the SNP politician after it was revealed she claimed for 38 journeys between Glasgow Airport and London City."

You keep sticking your fingers in your ears and screaming lalalalalalalala whilst the rest of us live in the real world.

Truth hurts eh

She was in the paper the other day- her favourite MP?

Reece-Mogg

Your poshest, foppest, snootiest tory you could conjure up

And the CIA spread dead bodies all over the ground outside the Pentagon, has a mate that's CEO of an oil company :cornette: haha

A bigger deluded fantasist I've not seen on KB all he's need to say next is he has a yacht and goes fishing from it and we'll have our new Sirgay

C7HjHnEXUAALP24.jpg

Panic and fear continue in the unionist camp. The actual state of this.

She'll get some tips from her new pal Trump. You know the American President she wanted banned from Scotland but she's going to meet in America to try and promote Scottish tourism and trade.

No hypocrisy though, it's all part of the game.

SwindonJambo

I'm a Yoon, (albeit a detached, voteless and open minded one, willing to listen to coherent and respectful arguments from both sides) and I think your suggestion is very reasonable.  There would be definitely be some sort of trade-off. A 'call it quits' deal seems most likely to me as it would be Scotland who ended the Union, weakening its negotiating position.  Starting off with a clean slate, I still think we would run into Revenue Difficulties quickly so then Credit Rating does become an issue. A Scottish Pound would float on the money markets and eventually find its level and with it a Credit Rating of some sort.

Arnold Rothstein

You just say stuff as if it is fact. The UK government has to give Scotland assets in return for debt? Says who exactly? There is no precedent for any of this stuff so no-one knows.

:cornette::wow::facepalm:

Even the SNP have admitted we will have a debt.

The delusion is strong in this one

Space Mackerel

No lies space cadet.

Truth hurts eh

Link to article please so I can check. Many thanks.

You just say stuff as if it is fact.

It's a teeth gnashers trait.

:cornette::wow::facepalm:

Even the SNP have admitted we will have a debt.

The delusion is strong in this one

UK debt, What's that at , at the minute?

Oh it continues....

7 Mp's 4 of them SNP claiming expenses for Amazon Prime.

Bets on the excuses?

It was the big bad Tories

The Tartan Trump

She'll get some tips from her new pal Trump. You know the American President she wanted banned from Scotland but she's going to meet in America to try and promote Scottish tourism and trade.

Yet, if she turned down a trip to the States to promote trade and tourism she would be accused of not looking after national interests. You and your fellow unionists would be all over it.

Yet, if she turned down a trip to the States to promote trade and tourism she would be accused of not looking after national interests. You and your fellow unionists would be all over it.

Who said I'm a unionist?

See if you bothered to actually read a whole thread instead of joining a forum and jumping in half way through you'd know my thoughts and feelings.

Point proven yet again if someone says something against the SNP were automatically a unionist traitor

Cruyff Turn

You just say stuff as if it is fact. The UK government has to give Scotland assets in return for debt? Says who exactly? There is no precedent for any of this stuff so no-one knows.

Nobel Prize winning economists seem to differ.

http://www.heraldscotland.com/news/13176656.Nobel_economist__Scots_would_be_right_to_refuse_to_share_UK_debt_if_London_won_t_share_pound/

It should be Union or Independence. Yes/No has a slight inherent bias.

That's actually a good idea as reversing the yes/no question would cause confusion.

The Tartan Trump

Who said I'm a unionist?

See if you bothered to actually read a whole thread instead of joining a forum and jumping in half way through you'd know my thoughts and feelings.

Point proven yet again if someone says something against the SNP were automatically a unionist traitor

Not a unionist ? Fair enough. Your Yes vote or abstention will be welcome at the next ref.

'Unionist traitor' - please point out where I have either said or implied that please.

Psychedelicropcircle

Oh it continues....

7 Mp's 4 of them SNP claiming expenses for Amazon Prime.

Bets on the excuses?

It was the big bad Tories

Your quite desperate eh, we're at the point of stalemate I.e no indyref 2 yet.

Adam Murray

August 2014 for that article.

I think it was all done to death last time too, if an Independent Scotland kept the UK pound, it's hardly economically Independent is it?

Cruyff Turn

Cool but it's not really his call is it? That's merely an opinion.

It is all opinion but I think the opinion of Nobel prize winning economists holds more weight than most.

Adam Murray

It is all opinion but I think the opinion of Nobel prize winning economists holds more weight than most.

I seem to remember last time out both sides trying to outdo each other as to who could find the best expert in each field, eventually canceling each other out and just adding more confusion to us mere mortals as to who to believe.

Roxy Hearts

LIke we're not working to make it better now?

That's odd....I must hallucinate those lovely brown enveloped from HMRC that takes away barrows of cash to be spent on healthcare, education, roads, defence and so on.

Spent by the SNP I might add......

but post indy suddenly they will spend it better?

So what have they been doing this last 10 years- collecting it and hiding it?

You are basing this on the SNP being in power. There would be a Scottish General Election after the vote.

We can then choose a party that is more suited to our needs.

Not a unionist ? Fair enough. Your Yes vote or abstention will be welcome at the next ref.

'Unionist traitor' - please point out where I have either said or implied that please.

I will only vote yes next time if I'm convinced the figures add up and remaining in the EU is better than leaving. I said at the start so far I would vote no next time. I don't want to stay in the EU.

Independence is independence, I'm not for this leave the U.K. To give up powers to the EU. I also do not agree with many EU Rules, laws and policies.

It's why I think there may not even be another Indy. The UK and EU will do a deal imo and I'm very confident it will include some kind of free trade.

Cruyff Turn

August 2014 for that article.

I think it was all done to death last time too, if an Independent Scotland kept the UK pound, it's hardly economically Independent is it?

For true complete Independence, Scotland would need its own central bank and currency.

Which is an option. It could be pegged to any currency.

My position on this is that our Parliament and Country should be sovereign first and foremost.

This stuff will probably be finalised by politicians & lawyers rather than economists - but they should certainly be talking advice from economists.  The most important thing would be to have as much of this stuff agreed before the next referendum takes place so we know what we're voting for and can avoid another Brexit shambles where it'll be years before we know what the UK actually voted for.

HaymarketJambo

SNP considering the Bawbee as the currency of an independent Scotland?

LOL - Stuart mate you are helping the Yes campaign no end - Keep them coming. :2thumbsup:  

LOL - Stuart mate you are helping the Yes campaign no end - Keep them coming. :2thumbsup:

Why do Scottish people think it's cool to try and belittle their own country ?

Fair enough if he is against Independence by all means debate his point but it's as if he hates his own country. Strange behaviour imo.

deesidejambo

That's about how much it will be worth.

Joke

deesidejambo

Fair enough if he is against Independence by all means debate his point but it's as if he hates his own country. Strange behaviour imo.

Common ploy to say that Unionists hate Scotland or are not true Scots. Rubbish of course. Nationalism in its negative sense.

MacDonald Jardine

Comments like this are exactly what Nationalists use to suggest Unionist Scots are ashamed of their country and would rather be English.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

MacDonald Jardine

Common ploy to say that Unionists hate Scotland or are not true Scots. Rubbish of course. Nationalism in its negative sense.

Reading posts like that they have a point.

HaymarketJambo

He is just winding us Yes and SNP supporters up that's all.

He is a good lad, take it as a laugh.

Comments like this are exactly what Nationalists use to suggest Unionist Scots are ashamed of their country and would rather be English.

TBF It does look as they are ashamed to be Scottish with those kind of remarks.

It seems some people take a perverse delight in knocking their own.

Just take a look at some of the threads on the terrace. Even the most die hard Hibby would be hard pressed to be more negative about our club. It's the same with Scotland some people seem to revel in our misfortune.

deesidejambo

Meanwhile Nicola turns up the heat. She wants to set a date and get it agreed with May, thereby locking it in.

May should tell her to gtf again. It will cause the usual grievance greetin card to be played but so be it.

deesidejambo

TBF It does look as they are ashamed to be Scottish with those kind of remarks.

It seems some people take a perverse delight in knocking their own.

Just take a look at some of the threads on the terrace. Even the most die hard Hibby would be hard pressed to be more negative about our club. It's the same with Scotland some people seem to revel in our misfortune.

To me it's very sad where we are. The Country is divided and will remain so for a long time regardless of what lies ahead.

But those who think it's a big funny game can gtf

Smiley

Tick-tock etc

Space Mackerel

To me it's very sad where we are. The Country is divided and will remain so for a long time regardless of what lies ahead.

But those who think it's a big funny game

Personally Im ****** a hoop at the new vision of what Scotland can be like for the future.

Meanwhile Nicola turns up the heat. She wants to set a date and get it agreed with May, thereby locking it in.

May should tell her to gtf again. It will cause the usual grievance greetin card to be played but so be it.

It'll suit the playing the victim card when May skelps her back down again.

Archived