Indy Ref Part Deux

Armageddon

JamboX2, if that's the case why have the SNP won the last 3 elections at Holyrood and have 54 MP's at Westminster?

I just said. Who of any calibre have they been up against here?

Read the whole post perhaps rather than overreact to the opening line.

• Replies 3.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It's ok I knew you can't bring yourself to support constructive discussions.

The reason is you know it's in the SNPs interests to mess up the Brexit deal as much as possible to support another crack at Indy.

The best Brexit deal for Scotland is Independence.

DanishTam10

In other words...ignore any history, I'm willing to learn nothing.

No. I am not saying that SM.

I am saying this is not 80's with Thatch, nor is it Norway over the last handful of decades.

It is 16th March 2017. We have to figure out the best plan, from here. 

Trapper John McIntyre

Exactly the same logic with independence, surely?

Except ?15bn deficit for a start.

What's that in Euro's/groats/Scots poond?

DanishTam10

Your first sentence could be refering to us, the citizens.

I think we could be better at politics. 

By The Light..

The best Brexit deal for Scotland is Independence.

Absolutely this.

Independence from the EU.

Right trapper tell us where you get this ?15b deficit from. You've no idea of the ins and outs of an independent Scotland. For a start we won't be paying billions on Warheads, royals, wars, UK debt interest, WM repairs, WM MPs, less Holyrood MPs, we'll also recover our vat from sales leaving from rUK ports that go into their tax take for some reason. On and rUK will be paying full price for our goods which will still be cheaper than abroad. Oh again, that China deal would have brought down our trade with rUK to 50%. Do you not find that a bit suspect. A market of 10 times the size of rUK being taken away from us and We've just to accept it without making a fuss. Watch us.

Trapper John McIntyre

Right trapper tell us where you get this ?15b deficit from. You've no idea of the ins and outs of an independent Scotland. For a start we won't be paying billions on Warheads, royals, wars, UK debt interest, WM repairs, WM MPs, less Holyrood MPs, we'll also recover our vat from sales leaving from rUK ports that go into their tax take for some reason. On and rUK will be paying full price for our goods which will still be cheaper than abroad. Oh again, that China deal would have brought down our trade with rUK to 50%. Do you not find that a bit suspect. A market of 10 times the size of rUK being taken away from us and We've just to accept it without making a fuss. Watch us.

Had a tough day, Aus?

Cruyff Turn

And a hard Brexit could cost Scotland 16 billion a year.

Trapper John McIntyre

norman smithVerified account @BBCNormanS

Scottish independence referendum was "not divisive" says Nicola Sturgeon @BBCScotlandNews

0 replies0 retweets1 like

Retweet

Trapper John McIntyre

And a hard Brexit could cost Scotland 16 billion a year.

Note the word 'could'.

Deficit ?15bn: Fact.

norman smithVerified account @BBCNormanS

Scottish independence referendum was "not divisive" says Nicola Sturgeon @BBCScotlandNews

0 replies0 retweets1 like

Retweet

That is unbelievable if true. Politicians in general are very out of touch but that is a staggering comment.

Cruyff Turn

Note the word 'could'.

Deficit ?15bn: Fact.

15 billion is not a fact actually. You are between a billion and 300 million out on your guesstimate.

But Aussie has a point. GERs is the stastical data of the Scottish economy as a 'Devolved Government', with zero control over its macro economy. It does not take into account Defence spending or assets.

So to use GERs to make a case against Scottish Independence is bonkers. If anything it pretty much sums up the need for Scotland to have much more control over its economy.

Well, we'll find out in the next couple of years what disaster the UK government drags us into next. But you can bet your life on it having a negative impact on Scotland. A soft Brexit would cost Scotland, at the most conservative estimates, 2billion a year.

Absolutely this.

Independence from the EU.

Sums you up. Why independence from the EU but not rUK? The EU doesn't decide on our tax and spend. The EU just said the UK Brexit ref is null and void as it's too wee and too stupid and isn't allowed to have independence votes as it Cannae afford it. And Breathe

maroonlegions

That is unbelievable if true. Politicians in general are very out of touch but that is a staggering comment.

Out of touch eh... oh the irony..  

Neo Con far right , now there is a mind set that is any thing but in touch with ordinary working people..

Scaremongering seems their forte, sneaky manipulative weasels. 

Tax expert Richard Murphy rejects ?nonsense? economic case against Scottish independence ONE OF THE WORLD?S LEADING experts on tax affairs,?
COMMONSPACE.SCOT

:laugh4:

HaymarketJambo

Sorry about that.

What I was trying to say is that if the SNP are that bad in government then how come Labour or the Conservatives are not nearer to the SNP in votes at Holyrood never mind the calibre of MSP?     

Seymour M Hersh

The unionists are utterly rattled at the slightest hint of another referendum. Plenty tears and snotters have been wiped onto Union Jack pillowcases in the last 48 hours. :glorious:

Union flag unless it's on a Royal Navy Ship.  What a shock a nationalist who has no idea of the facts. 

Seymour M Hersh

Neo Con far right , now there is a mind set that is any thing but in touch with ordinary working people..

Tax expert Richard Murphy rejects ?nonsense? economic case against Scottish independence ONE OF THE WORLD?S LEADING experts on tax affairs,?
COMMONSPACE.SCOT

That doesn't even mean anything. It's gibberish just like the rest of your post. 

Trapper John McIntyre

15 billion is not a fact actually. You are between a billion and 300 million out on your guesstimate.

But Aussie has a point. GERs is the stastical data of the Scottish economy as a 'Devolved Government', with zero control over its macro economy. It does not take into account Defence spending or assets.

So to use GERs to make a case against Scottish Independence is bonkers. If anything it pretty much sums up the need for Scotland to have much more control over its economy.

Well, we'll find out in the next couple of years what disaster the UK government drags us into next. But you can bet your life on it having a negative impact on Scotland. A soft Brexit would cost Scotland, at the most conservative estimates, 2billion a year.

Scotlands 'defence' spending post Indy

C7Do2RRWwAENEDd.jpg

London professor & tax expert rejects ?nonsense? data used against Scottish independence movement

COMMONSPACE.SCOT

As I said, politician's are generally out of touch. Of course on both sides of the argument there are outrageous claims and counter claims.

Doesn't make the comment from the first minister any less staggering though.

DanishTam10

Wait until folk figure the whisky export duty

Had a tough day, Aus?

No really, it went perfectly. President Nicola and the GLS are pissing themselves at the PM's stupidity. A no deal hard Brexit will ban Scotland from trading with Europe once again. The young team of Scotland isn't gonnae have any of that.

Tick tock

Mintit

Sortit

Spunktacular

Cruyff Turn

C7Do2RRWwAENEDd.jpg

I'd rather we spent our money on 're runs of dad's army than pretending we're empire 2.0 and blowing a fortune on weapons that can liquidate whole populations within seconds.

Space Mackerel

It's ok I knew you can't bring yourself to support constructive discussions.

The reason is you know it's in the SNPs interests to mess up the Brexit deal as much as possible to support another crack at Indy.

Welcome to the real world of politics. Has it taken you this long to understand how it all works?

C7Do2RRWwAENEDd.jpg

It's all we need, as we don't think we're some sort of superpower. A wee nyaff rUK will be with its warheads in the humber.

The Tartan Trump

Union flag unless it's on a Royal Navy Ship.  What a shock a nationalist who has no idea of the facts. 

Union Jack pillowcase had a better ring to it. I bow to your superior knowledge of British nationalist insignia.

Cruyff Turn

Wait until folk figure the whisky export duty

You sure you've no swallied Scotlands entire export of Scotch Whisky?

Space Mackerel

I am saying this is not 80's with Thatch, nor is it Norway over the last handful of decades.

Well I've got a plan, so has quite a few others by the looks of things on here.

Who appointed you leader?

deesidejambo

Welcome to the real world of politics. Has it taken you this long to understand how it all works?

So you are happy for the SNP to mess up Brexit for all, including Scotland.

But it's all a game.

If the EU is so important to both the Scottish government and the Yes campaign then perhaps the EU may be willing to make provisions for Scotland during the Brexit negotiations in the event of a vote for independence after Brexit is complete.

Perhaps then we may see how important Scotland is to the EU.

The Tartan Trump

Unionists really going hard with the too wee, too poor, too stupid tropes tonight.

You're utterly rattled.

Cruyff Turn

If the EU is so important to both the Scottish government and the Yes campaign then perhaps the EU may be willing to make provisions for Scotland during the Brexit negotiations in the event of a vote for independence after Brexit is complete.

Perhaps then we may see how important Scotland is to the EU.

Well no, it can't because Chairman May has already said it will be a hard brexit and that there will not be a seperate deal for Scotland.

Well no, it can't because Charmain May has already said it will be a hard brexit and that there will not be a seperate deal for Scotland.

Yes I realise that and I don't think it would actually happen. However though, just because Theresa May says no doesn't mean to say the EU may have a different outlook when they get round the table.

Obviously I also realise the Scottish government won't be involved in the actual negotiations but that shouldn't stop them canvassing prominent EU countries in the meantime.

Roxy Hearts

Shouldn't that be SNP generations? Pretty sure I heard them going on about once in a generation just a few years ago.

Quite possibly exactly what Kezia's alluding to? Appears to have flown over a few tiny minds.

Tiny minds? That's for those who remain closed. Independence is for open minds.

DanishTam10

Talking about what other countries have done, and talking about stuff from 30 years ago is just distracting yourselves from what is happening now. 

In other words...ignore any history, I'm willing to learn nothing.

Well I've got a plan, so has quite a few others by the looks of things on here.

Who appointed you leader?

Space Mackerel, I hope you appreciate me saying this here. You have a tendency to not answer a question, and instead say something that no-one had said before.

I wish you didn't. I am trying to talk to you. 

deesidejambo

Space Mackerel, I hope you appreciate me saying this here. You have a tendency to not answer a question, and instead say something that no-one had said before.

I wish you didn't. I am trying to talk to you.

I wish you luck!

Trapper John McIntyre

Further woe for the Nationalist cause on a great day for the Union:

C7EmWj5WwAEZaLX.jpg

deesidejambo

No really, it went perfectly. President Nicola and the GLS are pissing themselves at the PM's stupidity. A no deal hard Brexit will ban Scotland from trading with Europe once again. The young team of Scotland isn't gonnae have any of that.

Tick tock

Mintit

Sortit

Spunktacular

Christ four more years of this toddler stuff.

Cruyff Turn

Yes I realise that and I don't think it would actually happen. However though, just because Theresa May says no doesn't mean to say the EU may have a different outlook when they get round the table.

Obviously I also realise the Scottish government won't be involved in the actual negotiations but that shouldn't stop them canvassing prominent EU countries in the meantime.

Very true.

She could be 'just saying that' to keep all her cards on the table and not give away any negotiating position.

The Scottish Governments already been down that road. The only opposition to Scotland joining the EU seems to be the Spanish who don't want Basque or Catalonia to become Independent states.

Christ four more years of this toddler stuff.

Have you assaulted David Cameron yet? Very scummy behaviour that.

deesidejambo

Have you assaulted David Cameron yet? Very scummy behaviour that.

Can't find him.

Mintit

Sortit

Tick-tock

Etc

Etc

AlphonseCapone

Further woe for the Nationalist cause on a great day for the Union:

C7EmWj5WwAEZaLX.jpg

Social justice warriors and their petitions.

Very true.

She could be 'just saying that' to keep all her cards on the table and not give away any negotiating position.

The Scottish Governments already been down that road. The only opposition to Scotland joining the EU seems to be the Spanish who don't want Basque or Catalonia to become Independent states.

Obviously the situation has changed in the last few days so it might put the First Minister in a stronger position to push some European nations Into making some provisions for Scotland should we vote for independence after Brexit is complete.

In my opinion that would be an ideal and common sense way to get through this sorry mess. Brexit to be negotiated and complete with a deal on the table for Scotland should independence become a reality post Brexit.

The Scottish people could then make the most informed decisions possible during the next referendum.

DanishTam10

Very true.

You are an expert on the EU, and their reaction to first, brexit, then perhaps Scotland leaving the UK are you? 

No. You are definitely not that.

IMG_0650.thumb.JPG.7a047ee6ff30b2708b995Bit of a red face for Ruth

She's blocked nothing. Just suggested timing. It's not a hard concept to get.

Shall we have dinner at 6? No. 7. I'm busy at 6.

Have I blocked dinner or delayed it?

DanishTam10

Obviously the situation has changed in the last few days so it might put the First Minister in a stronger position to push some European nations Into making some provisions for Scotland should we vote for independence after Brexit is complete.

In my opinion that would be an ideal and common sense way to get through this sorry mess. Brexit to be negotiated and complete with a deal on the table for Scotland should independence become a reality post Brexit.

The Scottish people could then make the most informed decisions possible during the next referendum.

What the heck are you talking about here?

Archived