Indy Ref Part Deux

Armageddon

• Replies 3.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
DanishTam10

Good interview with a Glasgow woman on C4 news. She says what I've been saying regarding the case that must be put forward by the leave campaign. They MUST build a case based on facts, figures and credible evidence on the economy. Or at least do as well as they can. It can't be done this time on vague aspirations and sentiments about Scotland being vibrant and full of potential, etc. Winning hearts and minds isn't enough. Fully costed plans, forecasts and principles must be at the forefront. The case will need to be proved. Failure to provide the best possible fact based case will fail at the polls and should see the end of Sturgeon's career.

Do you mean Vonny Moyes? who wrote this - https://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2017/mar/14/scottish-independence-referendum-snp-vote-brexit?CMP=share_btn_tw

"I voted yes, but feel ill at the thought of another referendum in Scotland.

I voted yes in Scotland?s independence referendum in 2014, but wasn?t thrilled about Nicola Sturgeon?s announcement to stage a second vote. Truthfully, I felt ill. ?Are we ready yet?? I?ll put my hand up and admit my reservations. I should be pleased, yet I paused, caught in flashbacks to 2014. The depth of the disappointment. The mental exhaustion. The tattered friendships. Bruised egos. All a heavy price ? the weight only apparent when you try to return to normality. I?ve come to the uncomfortable conclusion that wanting independence and desiring a new referendum aren?t necessarily the same..."

Trapper John McIntyre

Nearly 80,000 signatures on UK Petition already after only a day opposing Indy2

Nearly 80,000 signatures on UK Petition already after only a day opposing Indy2

And?

Trapper John McIntyre

And?

Probably be over 100,000 by tomorrow.

The will of the people.

Probably be over 100,000 by tomorrow.

The will of the people.

What people? The pro Indy one is at 1000000 after 10 minutes.

Space Mackerel

I couldn't give a toss about any of that. I want less government not more and control over our borders.

So not one point via the government perspective. Guess it's immigration again. Does it directly affect you in any way? Job, housing, wages?

Space Mackerel

I didn't need to google that one. Here's another educational point Scotland won't get into the EU

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

93870162f357a9ee58adca09687b03e0.jpg

I didn't need to google that one. Here's another educational point Scotland won't get into the EU

93870162f357a9ee58adca09687b03e0.jpg

Selfies are reserved for your Leader.

Post the link.

Space Mackerel

Selfies are reserved for your Leader.

That's actually the Better Taegether bird from the Project Fear tv adverts in 2014.

In fact, a few videos from her would be a hoot on this thread to reminisce?

Post the link.

It was a who cares type post.

When snp at holyrood declined to use their new powers on benefits from westminster for 3 years , we should have twigged that they had more important issues to deal with. Stuff the poor ,they can wait 3 years for the promised changes to their benefits.

Space Mackerel

Remember the positive message from the Yoons 3 years ago. A wee wifey talking to her supposed pals around a coffee table [emoji23][emoji23]

Trapper John McIntyre

You've got that many user names?

Psychedelicropcircle

So far.....the news channel makes interesting viewing with tories seething, Gary tank commander of the conservative & UNIONIST party? That's a bit rangers that changing your name. Awaiting Maggie May instructing the GTF for the full blow up.

Francis Albert

So far.....the news channel makes interesting viewing with tories seething, Gary tank commander of the conservative & UNIONIST party? That's a bit rangers that changing your name. Awaiting Maggie May instructing the GTF for the full blow up.

In Scotland the Conservatives have been called the "Conservative and Unionist Party" for as long as I have been alive ... which is a very long time.

jambo lodge

In Scotland the Conservatives have been called the "Conservative and Unionist Party" for as long as I have been alive ... which is a very long time.

Thank you for interpreting that post. I hadn't a clue what the roaster was talking about.

Francis Albert

58 out of 59 Scottish MP's voted against it.

53 voted against the EU bill in the first place.

So the votes of the Scottish electorate clearly don't count within a UK parliament of which Scotland is supposedly, under the terms of the UK constitution, an equal partner.

1 English MP's vote is then worth more than the entire Scottish electorates.

Democracy in action.

I don't understand the 1 English MP = 50 Scottish MP's votes point.

But would Scotland be an "equal partner" if one Scottish vote equalled 10 English votes?

Scottish votes count proportionately in a Union.

Presumably Scotland as an independent member of the EU would expect to be an "equal partner" of Germany? Good luck with that.

Space Mackerel

Stay away from the MSM pish, I left the house at 9am hearing the same stuff and segments at 6pm on Sky.

Psychedelicropcircle

Thank you for interpreting that post. I hadn't a clue what the roaster was talking about.

Jambo lodge that's a bit rangers

Cruyff Turn

I don't understand the 1 English MP = 50 Scottish MP's votes point.

But would Scotland be an "equal partner" if one Scottish vote equalled 10 English votes?

Scottish votes count proportionately in a Union.

Presumably Scotland as an independent member of the EU would expect to be an "equal partner" of Germany? Good luck with that.

Because every English vote counts and every vote from elected Scottish MP's don't. So the point stands.

When Scotland and England became a Union it was an equal partnership. It was always meant to be an equal partnership. It is not.

The point some people are failing to understand here, mainly the Unionists who can't quite grasp it, is that Scotland is a Country, England is a Country, the United Kingdom is not a Country, it is a Kingdom, a Constitutional Monarchy comprising of 2 Countries, originally 3 including Ireland who declared a UDI in 1919.

That is why we have devolution to get around this cluster**** of a Constitution.

So how is it democratic that Scotlands electorate, as one half of a Union, during three seperate circumstances, have clearly given a mandate to a Devolved Government by electing the ruling party, In 58 of the 59 Constituencies, elected a Pro EU MP who voted against the bill and during the Referendum voted 62-38 to stay within the EU.

This Country has made it abundantly clear that it wishes to stay within the EU as one half of a Union.

England are not our masters, they are our equals under the act of Union and on a decision which clearly effects us, it effects our devolution which we also voted for, we have been steamrollered through by MP's and a PM, from another Country, that do not have any mandate from the Scottish electorate.

The UK constitution is medievil and past its sell by date and completely undemocratic. It does not work and this is why we are going to continually have these Questions posed to us every single year until this last reminent of a defunct Empire comes to an end.

Your last point is about Germany and Scotland as equals within the EU is moot.

Sturgeons Tweet today was embarrassing, Trump like.

Missing the irony that she was an unelected FM for 18 months, with her party actually losing seats in her first election as leader.

After Brexit vote and the days after, she was actually the one Party leader who seemed to keep calm and gain respect, even in England from remainers. At that point she should have aimed to position herself to focus on the Brexit process and working together to achieve what is best. Instead a country (and by that I mean UK) that has been pretty much Been in turmoil since 2014, with market uncertainty since the referendum and then Brexit has had another bomb dropped with the demands of a now twice in a gernation vote. it is going to take the country a long time to recover from all this uncertainty, and lack of stability will once again create job insecurity. Who would want to expand their business or investment in Scotland over the next 10 years?

Nookie Bear

When snp at holyrood declined to use their new powers on benefits from westminster for 3 years , we should have twigged that they had more important issues to deal with. Stuff the poor ,they can wait 3 years for the promised changes to their benefits.

The poorer the people, the more likely they are to blame Westminster.

Well played, SNP.

Space Mackerel

Sturgeons Tweet today was embarrassing, Trump like.

Missing the irony that she was an unelected FM for 18 months, with her party actually losing seats in her first election as leader.

After Brexit vote and the days after, she was actually the one Party leader who seemed to keep calm and gain respect, even in England from remainers. At that point she should have aimed to position herself to focus on the Brexit process and working together to achieve what is best. Instead a country (and by that I mean UK) that has been pretty much Been in turmoil since 2014, with market uncertainty since the referendum and then Brexit has had another bomb dropped with the demands of a now twice in a gernation vote. it is going to take the country a long time to recover from all this uncertainty, and lack of stability will once again create job insecurity. Who would want to expand their business or investment in Scotland over the next 10 years?

Brexit is all Nicola Sturgeons fault right enough.

1/10

DanishTam10

Oh dear, the poor girl's misread the signs.

Sturgeon was never a reason why people voted SNP, or yes. Has a terrible connection with people. 

Has muddied the waters about SNP not voting on English/Welsh matters. 

Promised being FM was about the best for all and allowed snp politicians to abuse their constituents (wishart)

She might end scottish nationalism and save the UK

Oh dear, the poor girl's misread the signs.

C66ZuflWcAEi_4s.jpg

That's it then cancel the referendum that bastion of truth and justice 'The Torygraph' has spoken.

After all we all know the English Tory press never tell anything less than the truth.

Space Mackerel

Did you miss the paper 'Scotlands place in Europe'?

Ruth, Kezia, May, Cameron, Rennie etc etc. all talked of MASSIVE job losses and a loss of investment if we left the EU. Rather conveniently they have now changed their minds and everything will suddenly be rosy. If you believe that you'll believe anything. We will suffer if we continue to be aligned with the UK outside of the EU.

There's no reasoning with the Yoons, one minute Brexit is hell on Earth, now it's the path to the pot of gold.

One minute we won't be in the EU, next we are out.

It's the equivalent of going out with a schizophrenic ugly bird.

DanishTam10

There's no reasoning with the Yoons, one minute Brexit is hell on Earth, now it's the path to the pot of gold.

One minute we won't be in the EU, next we are out.

It's the equivalent of going out with a schizophrenic ugly bird.

I beg your pardon?

Cruyff Turn

A sudden surge in nationalists, throwing anything and everything at it tonight.

You and the small band of loonies have seen nothing yet. This battle will never end, ever.

Did you miss the paper 'Scotlands place in Europe'?

Ruth, Kezia, May, Cameron, Rennie etc etc. all talked of MASSIVE job losses and a loss of investment if we left the EU. Rather conveniently they have now changed their minds and everything will suddenly be rosy. If you believe that you'll believe anything. We will suffer if we continue to be aligned with the UK outside of the EU.

I voted no and remain, so absolutely would rather the Uk was part of the EU.

Equally I accept the democratic process of both referendums and the results. The only focus should be on Brexit. The toys out the Pram demand of another referendum absolutely creates more economic uncertainty and that can't be denied as recent history proves that.

AlphonseCapone

Ffs, one day later and the British media are at it already. Somehow the months of consistent polls with yes between 45-50% have disappeared over night. You need to be an actual moron to believe that.

DanishTam10

You and the small band of loonies have seen nothing yet. This battle will never end, ever.

Do you live in a tent near the Scottish Parliament?

Unfortunately no, no it won't.

Even if scotland did become independent

There's too much division and hatred on both sides

Scotlands going to be a horrible place to live. Independent or not.

Sick of this shit

Maroon Sailor

Will these fecking aresehole Nats stop saying Scotland was taking out the EU against our will.

It was not against my will - glad we are getting out of that cesspit of nob jockeys.

Now to get rid of that skanky ferret once and for all

Cruyff Turn

Do you live in a tent near the Scottish Parliament?

Eh, no but I'm thinking you probably live in a boozer.

DanishTam10

Ffs, one day later and the British media are at it already. Somehow the months of consistent polls with yes between 45-50% have disappeared over night. You need to be an actual moron to believe that.

Well the polls, which are often not reflective of the actual results, have clear methodologies, and publish all the data.

deesidejambo

Not seen the poll like you but if Yes is indeed at 43% then it's not far from the 45% limit you quote. If it had Yes at 52% you would be creaming over that despite it being just as much outside your range the other way.

Poll outliers happen though so tomorrow will tell.

What should be of more worry to you is the Ipsos poll from a few weeks ago that put the firm No vote at 38% and the firm Yes only at 28%. That gives Yes a mountain to climb to capture at least 60% of the undecideds.

Cairneyhill Jambo

:rofl: this must be the most twee economic arguement ever..

Get real :rofl:

Twee??? The only people I have heard say that word are wannabe middle class Tories.

Cruyff Turn

Sick of this shit

Too much division?

So the Orange Order only started marching since the SNP came to power.

Do me a favour love...

deesidejambo

Sick of this shit

+1

Families are living in uncertainty while the Nats celebrate.

I hope May gives them a Ref so the silent majority can hammer them.

Archived