More Tory lies

aussieh

Japan Jambo
38 minutes ago, I P Knightley said:

He usually is but the braying from the tories and Johnson's hubristic (empty) responses mean that the punches don't land and Johnson gets away with his lies and deception while in bowling clubs up and down the country, auld, racist fokkers see nothing that will put them off from supporting him.

When Hague was leader of the opposition, he did an excellent job of holding Blair to account but, on the other side, Blair generally made an attempt to answer the question that had been set. There are obvious, notable, exceptions to this but PMQs in those days involved the PM being held to account and defending his policies & actions with a degree of reason.

Who'd have thought back then that I'd be hankering back for the days of Hague & Blair? (Counts down to the first shout of "War Criminal")

Boris is feckless, immoral, has the skin of a Rhino and as you correctly point out is more than happy to ignore the question. Starmer needs to recognise and evolve his approach to reflect this, his style consistently falls flat - contrast Angela Rayner's approach when she deputises, far, far more surgical.

• Replies 27.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• The Mighty Thor

• Victorian

• JudyJudyJudy

• Cade

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

"We go the big calls right"

:orly?:

£37billion spaffed on Test & Trace that did nothing to slow the rate of infection or to prevent a 2nd lockdown.

Over £4billion of fraudulently claimed Furlough pay written off because Sunak can't be arsed to chase it up.

£12billion or so of PPE contracts given to family members, party donors, pals and Lords that utterly failed to provide any PPE.

The worst performing economy in the developed western world. Probably already in recession.

Food bank use at record highs.

Inflation in double figures.

Public services decimated.

Highest tax burden since WW2.

I'd hate to see what getting things WRONG would look like.

The Mighty Thor

Susie Dent delivers a word of the day that perfectly describes our flag shagging fan bois

Struthonian.

I like it 

Japan Jambo
1 hour ago, The Mighty Thor said:

PMQs is performative. It became that way when they made it that the questions to the PM were submitted in advance (cant remember which Govt did that).

This allows Spaffer in particular the time to craft an utterly irrelevant and generally spurious reply to what is normally a shit question. 

The thing that boils my piss is the final question of Starmer's 6, which he never replies to but instead launches into the Junta's 3 word 'bollocks du jour'; Got Brexit Done/Delivering for Britain or the more in depth 'getting on with the job' all of which are demonstrably nonsense by any measure. 

Often wondered this - while obviously true for the planted questions, wasn't sure that it applied to Starmer's 6. Dug this out; 

https://www.parliament.uk/about/how/business/questions/

Not sure where to post this but I’ll post it on this thread

BRUSSELS (Reuters) - Britain on Wednesday lost its court challenge against an EU order to recover millions of euros from the London Stock Exchange, ITV and other multinationals that benefited from an illegal exemption in a UK tax scheme.

The Luxembourg-based General Court rejected the UK arguments and backed the European Commission’s 2019 decision issued prior to Britain’s withdrawal from the European Union.

The case was one of several in the EU executive’s crackdown against sweetheart tax deals offered by EU countries to multinationals, of which the most high profile was Apple’s tax arrangement with Ireland.

The Commission, which acts as the EU competition watchdog, said Britain’s Controlled Foreign Company (CFC) rules aimed at attracting companies to set up headquarters in Britain and discourage UK companies moving offshore, gave these firms an illegal advantage.

Britain and ITV, backed by the London Stock Exchange, subsequently appealed against the EU decision.

“The Commission did not err in finding that the exemptions at issue conferred a selective advantage on the beneficiaries thereof and, consequently, all the pleas relating thereto must be rejected,” the General Court said.

The parties can appeal to the EU Court of Justice (CJEU) on matters of law.

The Commission did not identify the companies which benefitted from the scheme. However BBA Aviation, Chemring, Daily Mail & General, Diageo, Euromoney, Inchcape, Meggitt, Smith & Nephew and WPP have mentioned the EU investigation in their accounts.

The Mighty Thor
11 minutes ago, Japan Jambo said:

Often wondered this - while obviously true for the planted questions, wasn't sure that it applied to Starmer's 6. Dug this out; 

https://www.parliament.uk/about/how/business/questions/

I'll need to go dig back. I've no idea why I thought they were pre-submitted. I remember it all changed from a short PMQ's to the current 30 minute job (90's?) but I've genuinely no idea why I thought the Q's were in advance. 

Edit: if they're not submitted in advance then Starmer's performances are even shitter than I thought they were 😂

Edited by The Mighty Thor

Unknown user
1 hour ago, Cade said:

"I tried to see things from his point of view

But I couldn't fit my head up his arsehole too"

1 hour ago, Smithee said:

Moving on then, I see headlines about how ineffectual Starmer is, people seem to want the blame to land on him. But I hear Starmer in parliament getting torn in every day, and he's met by braying from the Tory backbenches.

TF's he meant to do though? They have an 80 seat majority thanks to the very people who are now going "and what are labour doing about it?", and the Tory press point at the opposition and go "Aren't they crap?"

The Tories have got an 80 seat majority - the question should be "and what are they doing with it?"

I think the problem is STILL Brexit

Brexit is playing a huge part in cost of living, economic growth, travel issues, inflation BUT is still the rallying point which will shore up Johnson's support in parliament and the country.

Labour can't attack Brexit. Or at least not head on. Could maybe start to argue for a "Better Brexit" but most people are so sick of the topic they are happy to eat the shit coming out of the Brexit pipe

maroonlegions
8 hours ago, Dazo said:

Sums up labour perfectly. Sneaking about trying to unearth dirt from years ago rather than trying to be an actual opposition. Ffs and people wonder why the tories win elections. 😂

FFS. You lot forgetting what you and your BBC media did to Corbyn??

You  relentlessly  dug  up and smeared Corbyn to the point it became a witch hunt.

Tories always the   victims.. :rofl: 

maroonlegions
5 hours ago, Dazo said:

Not sure about the tip of the iceberg but even more dirt or scandal doesn’t improve the opposition. You and plenty like you including the opposition seem more focused on finding more dirt rather than what next ?  

**** any solutions eh, let’s keep digging and blaming. 

Its about    accountability something that you Tories lack in abundance.

You lot are the blame game party for your own policies . More u turns than the Etons toilets . 

Edited by maroonlegions

SectionDJambo

I watched PMQs today, and many times previously. 

Why, when Johnson says that Labour voted against the extra funding for the NHS, which I believe isn't the whole truth as it was the rise in NHI contributions that Labour didn't like, does nobody remind him of the big red Brexit bus? The one that said that the zillions of £s that those pesky foreigners were taking from us would be directly deposited in the NHS budget instead. The one that he, and others, were happy to get their photo taken in front of, but then denied having anything to do with after the referendum.

Why was there a need to increase NHI contributions, to fund the NHS, if all that money we were told would go directly to the NHS actually did. We weren't told a lie about that as well, were we? 

I do see, however, that he is finally getting exposed for his lies about thousands of "new hospitals", when they are just painting and decorating most of them.

3 hours ago, Japan Jambo said:

Completely get that he can't avoid the electoral maths. The torn in every day isn't working; none of it is constructive and none of the punches are landing - I suspect partly because BoJo has absolutely no shame and partly because most of it has started to feel really petty/poorly targeted.

in my opinion he needs to offer an alternative by evolving from 'Daisy in Doncaster has chipped her tooth, how are the government going to compensate it and ensure that it doesn't happen again' to these are the concrete steps Labour would take should the public entrust us with the job. Every week he trots out the same robotic spiel based around the plight of a named individual usually from a target seat and then lashes into the integrity of the PM, none of which is in any way demonstrative that he'd be capable of doing the job he's auditioning for any better. Throughout COVID he was consistently on the wrong side of the trade re. vaccines, lockdowns, furlough and with exception of a call for a windfall tax has offered nothing on the cost of living crisis other than criticism. The fact that we have folks working full time that can't heat/feed their families is disgraceful - championing making the living wage the minimum wage would be a much better use of his time rather than banging on about parties - that point is well made and priced in already, pretty sure almost almost no sentient being sees BoJo for anything other than a liar and folks will decide at the ballot box whether they can stomach it or not. We need a strong alternative down south, Scotland has one, England does not.

Good post.

Starmer and Labour expend all their energy on telling us why we shouldn't vote Tory but forget to demonstrate why we should vote for them.

We get it, we know the Tories are bad. Why should I vote for Labour?

maroonlegions
20 minutes ago, Taffin said:

Good post.

Starmer and Labour expend all their energy on telling us why we shouldn't vote Tory but forget to demonstrate why we should vote for them.

We get it, we know the Tories are bad. Why should I vote for Labour?

Because is there anything worse than the Tories right now.

People up here are totally fecked off with them. In fact Boris and co are pissing  more petrol on the independence fire each day.

Edited by maroonlegions

11 minutes ago, maroonlegions said:

Because is there anything worse than the Tories right now.

Is there ever? People still vote for them though.

11 minutes ago, maroonlegions said:

People up here are totally fecked off with them. In fact Boris and co are pissing  more petrol on the independence fire each day.

The solution isn't to get people to not vote Tory, it's to get them to vote Labour (from Labours perspective). I won't be voting Tory next time, but I likely won't vote Labour and that just fragments the vote, which does no good in FPTP. 

Admittedly I'll likely just not vote.

Edited by Taffin

£2 a litre now ffs. 
the treasury take an obscene percentage of tax and vat at the pump. They need to temporarily cut it in half at least. This is crippling businesses and obviously costs go on to everything. 

Unknown user
15 minutes ago, 1971fozzy said:

£2 a litre now ffs. 
the treasury take an obscene percentage of tax and vat at the pump. They need to temporarily cut it in half at least. This is crippling businesses and obviously costs go on to everything. 

It dipped below £1 a litre during the first lockdown, wish I'd got a photo now.

joondalupjambo
17 minutes ago, 1971fozzy said:

£2 a litre now ffs. 

I wonder if they are seeing this as a short term problem and so are going for the minimum amount of help knowing that when the other oil producers sort themselves out, increasing output to get out more barrels per day, that the market will take prices right back down again.  While the utilities are a longer term problem and so big handouts.

Personally I think if that is the case then they are again behind the eight ball and if it hits two quid across the board, and stays there for the summer they will have to act.

indianajones

Feels like its all building up to a massive, massive crash. 

How can they expect people to pay this for their energy and fuel?

2 hours ago, RobboM said:

Labour can't attack Brexit

The facts about the failures and hassle Brexit has/is causing are out there and should not be difficult to find and use to deflate the fat buffoon 

Shooter McGavin
1 hour ago, maroonlegions said:

FFS. You lot forgetting what you and your BBC media did to Corbyn??

You  relentlessly  dug  up and smeared Corbyn to the point it became a witch hunt.

Tories always the   victims.. :rofl: 

I remember when torys were foaming at the mouth because Corbyn didn’t sing the national anthem.

The same torys are now telling us to just move on from the prime minister lying to parliament, misleading parliament, breaking the law and also changing the ministerial code so that lying to parliament can now be normalised.

Bunch of wronguns.

maroonlegions
17 minutes ago, Shooter McGavin said:

I remember when torys were foaming at the mouth because Corbyn didn’t sing the national anthem.

The same torys are now telling us to just move on from the prime minister lying to parliament, misleading parliament, breaking the law and also changing the ministerial code so that lying to parliament can now be normalised.

Bunch of wronguns.

Yip. Spot on.

Boris has now created a US style political themed game show.

I watched the debate in Parliament today  and all i saw was actors trying to be the main star of the show. 

Boris is all about saving his pig skin. He is a slippery one.

What most are forgetting is that these are the ones who influence , direct and create policies that  effect everyone of us but to Boris and co its all about saving face. That in itself is a utter sham, a utter neglect of serving , caring and making this country a better place for all and not for his multi millionaire  mates and the well off.

Edited by maroonlegions

25 minutes ago, joondalupjambo said:

I wonder if they are seeing this as a short term problem and so are going for the minimum amount of help knowing that when the other oil producers sort themselves out, increasing output to get out more barrels per day, that the market will take prices right back down again.  While the utilities are a longer term problem and so big handouts.

Personally I think if that is the case then they are again behind the eight ball and if it hits two quid across the board, and stays there for the summer they will have to act.

big gamble. My drive to and from work was £10 say 4 months ago. Now it’s £17. That’s a day. With other rises it’s crazy. I’m lucky in that I can just afford it but to the detriment of other things like going out as much, holidays a no go etc. dread to think how others are coping. It can’t go on tbh. 

The Real Maroonblood
27 minutes ago, indianajones said:

Feels like its all building up to a massive, massive crash. 

How can they expect people to pay this for their energy and fuel?

It’s absolutely horrendous.

Shooter McGavin
5 minutes ago, The Real Maroonblood said:

It’s absolutely horrendous.

I’m seriously worried about how many people could fall into devastating situations that they might never recover from, and how many deaths this could lead to.

Things are that bad, and theres no signs of it getting any better soon.

The Real Maroonblood
8 minutes ago, Shooter McGavin said:

I’m seriously worried about how many people could fall into devastating situations that they might never recover from, and how many deaths this could lead to.

Things are that bad, and theres no signs of it getting any better soon.

People will go heavy into debt and find it extremely difficult  to recover and sadly some never will.

4 hours ago, Cade said:

£37billion spaffed on Test & Trace that did nothing to slow the rate of infection or to prevent a 2nd lockdown.

Over £4billion of fraudulently claimed Furlough pay written off because Sunak can't be arsed to chase it up.

£12billion or so of PPE contracts given to family members, party donors, pals and Lords that utterly failed to provide any PPE.

The worst performing economy in the developed western world. Probably already in recession.

Food bank use at record highs.

Inflation in double figures.

Public services decimated.

Highest tax burden since WW2.

I'd hate to see what getting things WRONG would look like.

:spoton:

Shooter McGavin
27 minutes ago, The Real Maroonblood said:

People will go heavy into debt and find it extremely difficult  to recover and sadly some never will.

Exactly, unfortunately times like this will bring out the scavengers looking to profit from peoples desperation.

I really don’t know how people who rely on universal credit will get by, even people who work full time are struggling…

WorldChampions1902
37 minutes ago, Dusk_Till_Dawn said:

I don’t think Johnson being a total scumbag changes the fact that Corbyn is a prick 

Your comparison is akin to comparing an armed bank robber (Bunter) with a shoplifter (Corbyn). I’m no fan of the latter BTW.

Shooter McGavin
3 minutes ago, WorldChampions1902 said:

Your comparison is akin to comparing an armed bank robber (Bunter) with a shoplifter (Corbyn). I’m no fan of the latter BTW.

At this stage, I’d bite your hand of to have just a prick as PM, rather than someone who is a serial liar, has on a number of occasions deliberately mislead parliament, has cheated his way through life, broke the laws he himself set and brought the standards of parliament to an all-time low.

WorldChampions1902
2 minutes ago, Shooter McGavin said:

Exactly, unfortunately times like this will bring out the scavengers looking to profit from peoples desperation.

I really don’t know how people who rely on universal credit will get by, even people who work full time are struggling…

It has been made crystal clear, that high inflation is with us for at least another 18 months. IMHO, it will be here longer than that, even assuming we are able to mitigate the effects of Brexit and the conflict in Ukraine has a less debilitating effect on world economies than is currently the situation.

A multitude of ‘unknowns’ make it very difficult to see beyond the next 2 years. By which time, millions more in the U.K. could find themselves in the ‘poverty’ category, despite working. Scary times but thank god for Bunter.

WorldChampions1902
1 minute ago, Shooter McGavin said:

At this stage, I’d bite your hand of to have just a prick as PM, rather than someone who is a serial liar, has on a number of occasions deliberately mislead parliament, has cheated his way through life, broke the laws he himself set and brought the standards of parliament to an all-time low.

:spoton:

The Real Maroonblood
20 minutes ago, Shooter McGavin said:

I wonder what’ll be first utility company to cut people’s supply off under the present climate.

I P Knightley
2 hours ago, 1971fozzy said:

£2 a litre now ffs. 

You're forgetting that Rishi cut 5p off a litre for us. You sound ungrateful. Without dear Rishi, petrol would have cost £2 per litre a couple of days ago. Thank Rishi for those two days!

I P Knightley
1 hour ago, 1971fozzy said:

big gamble. My drive to and from work was £10 say 4 months ago. Now it’s £17. That’s a day. With other rises it’s crazy. I’m lucky in that I can just afford it but to the detriment of other things like going out as much, holidays a no go etc. dread to think how others are coping. It can’t go on tbh. 

You should come down to west London.

I've always topped my car up with £40 of fuel and, despite everything I hear about price rises, it still costs £40.

16 minutes ago, I P Knightley said:

You're forgetting that Rishi cut 5p off a litre for us. You sound ungrateful. Without dear Rishi, petrol would have cost £2 per litre a couple of days ago. Thank Rishi for those two days!

:rofl:and the mugs keep voting blue

maroonlegions
16 minutes ago, I P Knightley said:

:rofl::vrface:

And the same man RAISED NI tax and gave most people it dry in the process. Gives with one hand and takes it back from the other.

All praise Rishi that posed filling up a car that was not his.. 

Utter reptile.

21 minutes ago, I P Knightley said:

the billionaire 🤣😱🤮 makes me sick

3 minutes ago, maroonlegions said:

:rofl::vrface:

And the same man RAISED NI tax and gave most people it dry in the process. Gives with one hand and takes it back from the other.

All praise Rishi that posed filling up a car that was not his.. 

Utter reptile.

cannot stand him. Reptile is a perfect summation 

WorldChampions1902
34 minutes ago, I P Knightley said:

You should come down to west London.

I've always topped my car up with £40 of fuel and, despite everything I hear about price rises, it still costs £40.

You must be “topping up” your car more frequently then.

The Mighty Thor
1 hour ago, Shooter McGavin said:

I heard on a podcast yesterday that the cuts made to UC amount to £1040 per annum and the extra support given by Itchy Bawsack at the top end amounts to £1050 per annum. 

The poorest are a tenner up against a backdrop of raging inflation, food hikes in the double digits and energy costs up 50%

Shooter McGavin

It’s 2022, the world has never been more advanced in terms of technology, medicine etc

And yet here we are, people working 40+ hours a week are relying on foodbanks cause they can’t afford food and facing the real risk of not being financially able to drive to work or heat their homes.

What chance have you got, utterly depressing.

JudyJudyJudy

If he remains the opposition  

Boris is laughing. All the way to the election

4ED9A6DB-FE11-402E-AE87-F1D8BA88A7C0.jpeg

Dusk_Till_Dawn
5 minutes ago, Shooter McGavin said:

It’s 2022, the world has never been more advanced in terms of technology, medicine etc

And yet here we are, people working 40+ hours a week are relying on foodbanks cause they can’t afford food and facing the real risk of not being financially able to drive to work or heat their homes.

What chance have you got, utterly depressing.

Distribution of wealth is appalling. I’m watching some pish on Channel 4 now which is that George Clarke guy encouraging people to buy property in parts of the country they’ve never been to in order to flip it and make a quick profit, bumping prices up for the purposes of a TV competition. A programme like that in the middle of a housing crisis and Channel 4 don’t see a problem with it. Staggering 

il Duce McTarkin
7 minutes ago, Dusk_Till_Dawn said:

Distribution of wealth is appalling. I’m watching some pish on Channel 4 now which is that George Clarke guy encouraging people to buy property in parts of the country they’ve never been to in order to flip it and make a quick profit, bumping prices up for the purposes of a TV competition. A programme like that in the middle of a housing crisis and Channel 4 don’t see a problem with it. Staggering 

I'd like to kick George Clarke in the balls after a long run-up.

I P Knightley
55 minutes ago, WorldChampions1902 said:

World leading……….

C4393367-DC09-4076-8739-AA2935B65A91.jpeg

"Laurence Boone"???

Ach, it's 2022. Live & let live, I say. I don't understand it but I won't judge.