Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

indianajones
1 minute ago, Mikey1874 said:

May 2024 is the current plan. 

Wouldn't be surprising if its 2023.

37 minutes ago, indianajones said:

Wouldn't be surprising if its 2023.

Tories are getting close to a Labour majority in the polls and they have the 2 by elections soon where could lose to both Lib Dems and Labour. 

A new leader later this year would suggest time to make an impact. If Boris stays he'll back himself to turn it around but needs time for example for energy prices to come down. 

Lord Montpelier
8 hours ago, The Mighty Thor said:

We are laughing our cocks off. 

Sadly not enough scots have the intelligence to make that backwards, racist cess pit another country.

Your not very well travelled, are you MT. 

The Mighty Thor
16 minutes ago, Lord Montpelier said:

Your not very well travelled, are you MT. 

That's a bizarre deduction there sherlock.

Lord Montpelier
1 hour ago, The Mighty Thor said:

That's a bizarre deduction there sherlock.

Didn't refute it though. 

I'll bet the only time you've been to the border is to wave a flag on a motorway bridge. 

JudyJudyJudy
1 minute ago, Tazio said:

The final weapon to excite the gammons and distract from serious matters is brought out. 

I was just about to post that ! Some will be creaming themselves about this ! The rule Brit mob 😎

JudyJudyJudy

I honestly think a free vote on hanging next ! They are playing to their crowd . 

WorldChampions1902

So, let me get this straight. Before Brexit, traders were allowed under EU rules to price mark produce using Imperial measures.

So what exactly is new here??

Konrad von Carstein
20 minutes ago, Tazio said:

The final weapon to excite the gammons and distract from serious matters is brought out. 

Forgetting for a moment the populist garbage that this is, especially if what @WorldChampions1902 is correct in what he says!

I have been educated using the metric system, my first exposure to imperial measurement was, bizzarly when I joined Ferranti as a craft apprentice, I'm an old geezer now and there are a couple of generations who know nothing else other than metric.

They really are full throttle to the bottom... charlatans!

The Dragon Reborn
17 minutes ago, WorldChampions1902 said:

So, let me get this straight. Before Brexit, traders were allowed under EU rules to price mark produce using Imperial measures.

I read it as the EU insisted that metric had to  also  be displayed beside imperial but now they can choose either or. 

Edited by The Dragon Reborn

The Dragon Reborn
1 minute ago, Konrad von Carstein said:

Forgetting for a moment the populist garbage that this is, especially if what @WorldChampions1902 is correct in what he says!

I have been educated using the metric system, my first exposure to imperial measurement was, bizzarly when I joined Ferranti as a craft apprentice, I'm an old geezer now and there are a couple of generations who know nothing else other than metric.

They really are full throttle to the bottom... charlatans!

That’s not technically true. There’s quite a few imperial measurements that you and others have used all your life. Height, weight, distance etc

Konrad von Carstein
1 minute ago, The Dragon Reborn said:

That’s not technically true. There’s quite a few imperial measurements that you and others have used all your life. Height, weight, distance etc

Being educated in metric is absolutely true, though I'll agree that as you get older you slip not usage...mph, pint of beer, milk etc. Also parents and grandparents would still use the imperial system so you slipped into usage I suppose.

10 minutes ago, The Dragon Reborn said:

But not in a work context which is what he meant. 

The Mighty Thor
2 hours ago, Lord Montpelier said:

Didn't refute it though. 

I'll bet the only time you've been to the border is to wave a flag on a motorway bridge. 

In keeping with the majority of your posts you couldn't be more wrong if tried really hard. 

In March 2009 a new directive (2009/3/EC) was agreed amending existing EU regulations on metric measurements.  
The new regulations permitted:  
• the indefinite use of dual labelling in metric and imperial measurements;  
• the indefinite use of non-metric measurements where no metric ones exist, such as bytes in computing;
• the indefinite use by the United Kingdom and by the Republic of Ireland of the pint, the mile and the troy ounce for certain specified uses.
The regulations came into force on 1 January 2010.  No new time limits were imposed and so these decisions effectively became derogations and not, as they had previously been regarded, as transitional measures.  

This is all just mair pish aimed at the feeble minded so they'll keep voting Tory.

dobmisterdobster
1 hour ago, Cade said:

In March 2009 a new directive (2009/3/EC) was agreed amending existing EU regulations on metric measurements.  
The new regulations permitted:  
• the indefinite use of dual labelling in metric and imperial measurements;  
• the indefinite use of non-metric measurements where no metric ones exist, such as bytes in computing;
• the indefinite use by the United Kingdom and by the Republic of Ireland of the pint, the mile and the troy ounce for certain specified uses.
The regulations came into force on 1 January 2010.  No new time limits were imposed and so these decisions effectively became derogations and not, as they had previously been regarded, as transitional measures.  

This is all just mair pish aimed at the feeble minded so they'll keep voting Tory.

Other countries use Pints, not just UK and Ireland.

Television and monitors are manufactured in inches.

WorldChampions1902
1 hour ago, The Dragon Reborn said:

I read it as the EU insisted that metric had to  also  be displayed beside imperial but now they can choose either or. 

I see.

So if you are correct, our Junta is about to legislate to allow traders/retailers to advertise their wares in purely Imperial measures. At a time when there is a cost of living crisis, and 80% of the adult population is not educated in Imperial measurements.

What can go wrong? But the Gammonati will be happy. Like our fish. FFS.

Unknown user
44 minutes ago, dobmisterdobster said:

:laugh2: what does that even mean?

dobmisterdobster
25 minutes ago, Smithee said:

:laugh2: what does that even mean?

tv-size-chart.png.d60512e44f8d345150a9e001a54f0b77.png

Electronic displays such as TVs and monitors use Imperial inches as the standard throughout the world.

Unknown user
5 minutes ago, dobmisterdobster said:

tv-size-chart.png.d60512e44f8d345150a9e001a54f0b77.png

Electronic displays such as TVs and monitors use Imperial inches as the standard throughout the world.

Was that a guess you cheeky monkey? I distinctly remember buying a 105cm TV in Holland and being unsure if it was a 42" or not.

(I was just awake when I answered last time BTW, I had in mind the whole factory worked in inches from what you'd said. I'm dumber then usual when just awake)

A Boy Named Crow
9 hours ago, dobmisterdobster said:

Other countries use Pints, not just UK and Ireland.

It's a strange thing for the gammons to get their knickers in a twist over though, eh? Other countries do use pints, but not all pints are equal:

-UK Pint 568ml

-US Dry Pint 551ml

-US Liquid Pint 473ml

-South Australian Pint 425ml (called a Schooner in NSW...tastes the same).

I understand a sentimental attachment to certain language, but if this really is part of the 'brexit dividend' for some, completely ****ing your economy and the life opportunities of this and future generations, over a unit of measure? Barking mad!

Edited by A Boy Named Crow

The Mighty Thor

It's more red meat for the half wits they duped into voting for them.

It's another distraction to hide the fact that the central issue they fought Brexit on, taking back control of their borders, lies in tatters after 1,000,000 visas for were issued to Johnny Foreigner last year. The highest number on record. 

Every promise they make is a lie.

Everything they touch turns to shit. 

World leading. 

16 hours ago, WorldChampions1902 said:

1. The UK transferring to metric measures had nothing to do with EU membership. The UK agreed, when it signed the OIML( International Organisation of Legal Metrology) treaty in 1856 to move to a single system of measurement(S.I. units). Metric measures have been lawful in the UK since 1875. Is this Government proposing the UK leaves this treaty?

2. Only America, Liberia and Myanmar currently use imperial measures. (The US system is actually slightly different )

3. We currently have a national shortage of Weights and Measures Inspectors. Is this Govt going to pay for new Inspectors to be trained which currently takes 6 years.

4. Certificates of approval for Imperial metrological equipment have long since lapsed. Who will subsidise industry the cost of the new certification and equipment?

5. Most imperial local standards and testing equipment have long been retired. Who will fund Local Authorities the cost of this equipment. The cost of a local standard mass comparator (an accurate weighing machine) is approx £30k.

6. Imperial measurements have not been taught in schools since the mid-70's. Indeed, most taught that system have now retired.

7. Filter in the cost to industry of amending packaging and we will be talking millions.

In short, a ridiculous, expensive and pointless exercise which will further isolate UK. So much for Global Britain

Probably not unexpected that after the Sue Gray report and the Met Police enquiry that the media which were making their own investigations is publishing what they know about other parties not mentioned.

More trouble for everyone involved.

132goals1958
5 hours ago, A Boy Named Crow said:

It's a strange thing for the gammons to get their knickers in a twist over though, eh? Other countries do use pints, but not all pints are equal:

-UK Pint 568ml

-US Dry Pint 551ml

-US Liquid Pint 473ml

-South Australian Pint 425ml (called a Schooner in NSW...tastes the same).

I understand a sentimental attachment to certain language, but if this really is part of the 'brexit dividend' for some, completely ****ing your economy and the life opportunities of this and future generations, over a unit of measure? Barking mad!

Got to admit I wouldn't be averse to bigger pint glasses.

A Boy Named Crow
1 hour ago, 132goals1958 said:

Got to admit I wouldn't be averse to bigger pint glasses.

If you're drinking in the UK it's the "Imperial Pint", biggest of the lot! Those poor buggers in South Australia, ordering a pint and getting a schooner though,  shameful.

EDIT: Really you should be drinking in the EU though,  German steins, now that's a drink!

Edited by A Boy Named Crow

Shooter McGavin

Forget about the cost-of-living crisis, forget about child poverty, forget about working adults relying on foodbanks and skipping meals, forget about pensioners unable to heat their homes, forget about the prime minister lying to parliament and breaking the law…

We’ll be measuring in imperial units soon!

Good Ol’ Blighty eh!

GOD SAVE THE QUEEN 🇬🇧

18D49FAB-1A68-41C9-ADCE-C072C6032C3A.jpeg

Edited by Shooter McGavin

132goals1958
2 hours ago, A Boy Named Crow said:

If you're drinking in the UK it's the "Imperial Pint", biggest of the lot! Those poor buggers in South Australia, ordering a pint and getting a schooner though,  shameful.

EDIT: Really you should be drinking in the EU though,  German steins, now that's a drink!

Remember a saying many a year ago about having bigger pint glasses along with longer woodbines.

The Real Maroonblood
3 hours ago, A Boy Named Crow said:

The Tories always get their priorities right.

maroonlegions
On 27/05/2022 at 09:06, Dirk McClaymore said:

Thatcher was the savior of Great Britain tbf. God rest her soul.

Suella Braverman is probably a nonce though. Get her hard drive checked and get her on the list.

Hopefully she is in hell.Utter insidious woman.  Rammed the poll tax up  the Scots first. Stopped free milk for school kids.

Oh and the right to by yer cooncil hoose that even today provided the lack of new council houses and a real shortage of affordable housing.  

283161890_550638083086665_8807324441720029918_n.jpg

Jeffros Furios
57 minutes ago, maroonlegions said:

284573015_546193017066961_2918650775162842547_n.jpg

Sunak looks quite smart in his uniform. 

Hes more suited to SS clothing .

Shooter McGavin
3 hours ago, manaliveits105 said:

The media’s salty tears are delicious 

time to move on comrades 

Just because you’re happy for the Prime Minister to lie to you, doesn’t mean anybody else has to be.

The imperial measurements would be the straw that broke the camel's back for me.

Beyond pints and mph, I wouldn't have a clue on what it all meant.

SectionDJambo
14 minutes ago, Taffin said:

The imperial measurements would be the straw that broke the camel's back for me.

Beyond pints and mph, I wouldn't have a clue on what it all meant.

I would imagine these “Rule Britannia” people will stop short of doing away with fuel being sold in litres, thus bringing back gallons. Can you imagine the jaw dropping when the price of a gallon of fuel is displayed at a filling station.

I remember when a gallon of petrol hit £1. There was outrage.

The Mighty Thor
14 minutes ago, SectionDJambo said:

I would imagine these “Rule Britannia” people will stop short of doing away with fuel being sold in litres, thus bringing back gallons. Can you imagine the jaw dropping when the price of a gallon of fuel is displayed at a filling station.

I remember when a gallon of petrol hit £1. There was outrage.

£8.27 for diesel at today's rate 😂

The gin hoovering Dorries woman is deeply concerned by the Champions League troubles and is demanding an inquiry.

Great stuff.  Suddenly giving a shit about stuff.  Helps that it isn't her and her mob that are in the firing line of course.

The Mighty Thor
2 hours ago, Victorian said:

The gin hoovering Dorries woman is deeply concerned by the Champions League troubles and is demanding an inquiry.

Great stuff.  Suddenly giving a shit about stuff.  Helps that it isn't her and her mob that are in the firing line of course.

Spaffer will soon put a stop to that. He hates the scousers as much as he hates the sweaties.