More Tory lies

aussieh

manaliveits105
46 minutes ago, Victorian said:

:what:

The country is like some tinpot regime with the leaders treating themselves like living gods.  

That’s Scotland for ye though ay 

• Replies 27.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• The Mighty Thor

• Victorian

• JudyJudyJudy

• Cade

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

dobmisterdobster
1 hour ago, The Mighty Thor said:

Perhaps this is part of the delivery of the high skill, high pay workforce they're on about as part of the levelling up agenda?

Meanwhile.....

Half a million quid. Just like that.

But cut the benefits of these scroungers. Right? 

Government minister uses government plane.

Is there a news story everytime Biden travels on Air Force One?

The Real Maroonblood
15 minutes ago, dobmisterdobster said:

It just the same.

:4_1_72:

The Mighty Thor
16 minutes ago, dobmisterdobster said:

At a disproportionate cost of £500k.

I'm not President Truss really qualifies for that type of largesse. 

All against a backdrop of finding another strawman to deflect away from the omni shambles in Downing Street. Last week BBC. This week benefit scroungers. 

Mugs lap it up though. 

Get a job likesy. 

Risible. 

dobmisterdobster
14 minutes ago, The Mighty Thor said:

At a disproportionate cost of £500k.

I'm not President Truss really qualifies for that type of largesse. 

All against a backdrop of finding another strawman to deflect away from the omni shambles in Downing Street. Last week BBC. This week benefit scroungers. 

Mugs lap it up though. 

Get a job likesy. 

Risible. 

£500k for the entire trip including all the staff costs.

The cost of the flight itself would probably be in the five figures.

The plane is an Airbus owned by the RAF.

It's standard practice for government, royals and armed forces to fly charter.

The Mighty Thor
5 minutes ago, dobmisterdobster said:

Have you read much about Truss' recent business trips?

The ones where she declares a cost and when asked FOI request goes in she hastily adds the extra digit to the bill.

There's aircraft going to Australia every day and their whole country is networked with internal domestic routes. There was absolutely no requirement for her to use an aircraft in that manner at disproportionate expense toothed public purse. None at all. 

WorldChampions1902
1 hour ago, jack D and coke said:

I hope that when that clown finally gets emptied this verminous piece of filth gets the job. I think she’ll go down even worse up here. 
Just what we need ☺️

Can see her getting the gig and coming up with a simple three-word phrase to ‘connect’ with the Tory simpletons. 

“SpRAFf the Cash”, sounds fitting. 

Edited by WorldChampions1902

dobmisterdobster
7 minutes ago, The Mighty Thor said:

Have you read much about Truss' recent business trips?

The ones where she declares a cost and when asked FOI request goes in she hastily adds the extra digit to the bill.

There's aircraft going to Australia every day and their whole country is networked with internal domestic routes. There was absolutely no requirement for her to use an aircraft in that manner at disproportionate expense toothed public purse. None at all. 

You can't put a secure Diplomatic Mission on Qantas. 

The Mighty Thor
3 minutes ago, dobmisterdobster said:

You can't put a secure Diplomatic Mission on Qantas. 

Oh I beg to differ. 

How do you think ministers fly around normally?  

Actually this might answer that. This is the article about the SECOND airbus A321, not the one Spaffer spent £900,000 repainting.

It's for short haul trips. To Australia. 

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/politics/government-plane-union-flag-paint-livery-b1820418.html%3famp

They actually think it's an episode of Billions they're in. 

Get a joab likesy. 

Lord Montpelier
9 hours ago, PortyBeach said:

Doesn’t invalidate what he says to BoJo…

Boris and Bunter Blackford. Two sides of the same capitalist fat cat investment banker coin. 

WorldChampions1902
9 minutes ago, Victorian said:

Excusing this obscenity...

:vrface:

Oooh look at me,  I'm a Tory,  one of the upper crust.  

The same people that get behind the 320 Tory MP’s that voted against free school meals for poor children. Risible.

30 minutes ago, dobmisterdobster said:

5 figures 🤣

You actually vote for that lot!

h00k.gif

dobmisterdobster
17 minutes ago, The Mighty Thor said:

Oh I beg to differ. 

How do you think ministers fly around normally?  

Actually this might answer that. This is the article about the SECOND airbus A321, not the one Spaffer spent £900,000 repainting.

It's for short haul trips. To Australia. 

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/politics/government-plane-union-flag-paint-livery-b1820418.html%3famp

They actually think it's an episode of Billions they're in. 

Get a joab likesy. 

The plane is a mobile embassy with secure communications.

That entirely depends on what they are doing.

You would send the Foreign Secretary along with her diplomatic, security and admin entourage to Australia on a civilian aircraft? Are you serious?

Edited by dobmisterdobster

4 minutes ago, dobmisterdobster said:

You would send the Foreign Secretary along with her diplomatic, security and admin entourage to Australia on a civilian aircraft? Are you serious?

Yeah, why on earth not?

The Mighty Thor

I most certainly am. 

I certainly wouldn't go on Sky news and try to say that every decision the government takes is based on value for money and then try to claim the Trade deal she spent half a million quid going to rubber stamp is delivering for Britain when it is quantifiably worse for Britain by every measure and in fact knifes the UK farming industry in the back.

However its evident that regardless of what they do there's always people who will swallow the Kool Aid and even those that will vehemently defend it.

WorldChampions1902

Hard to believe that Spaffer Truss once said quote:-

Every public sector worker should feel personal responsibility for the money they spend and the money they save. They should spend taxpayers’ money with at least the care they would give to their own. This change of mindset should be reflected in everyday changes such as travelling by economy rather than business class.

Nobody does hypocrisy like the Tories. 

The Mighty Thor
Just now, WorldChampions1902 said:

Hard to believe that Spaffer Truss once said quote:-

Every public sector worker should feel personal responsibility for the money they spend and the money they save. They should spend taxpayers’ money with at least the care they would give to their own. This change of mindset should be reflected in everyday changes such as travelling by economy rather than business class.

Nobody does hypocrisy like the Tories. 

Oh that was Liz Truss 2009 not 'Champagne' Liz Truss Foreign Secretary.

Champagne Liz has her snout firmly in the Johnson trough now so all that cost cutting and tax payers money thing is soooo last year and she's all about the £3,000 lunch at one of Spaffer's donors restaurant nowadays. All on the tax payer, natch. 

Get a joab likesy 😂

The Mighty Thor

Or the trip to Japan where 'Champagne' Liz claimed she and her 3 colleagues spent £182.74 of tax payers dough.

On questioning from Emily Thornberry the DIT hastily changed that figure to........£2080.44

dobmisterdobster
22 minutes ago, Smithee said:

Yeah, why on earth not?

National security. What serious country would dispatch a foreign mission to a key ally on a civilian airline?

National security. What serious country would dispatch a foreign mission to a key ally on a civilian airline?

The UK, why wouldn't they?

Why can they get on trains, get taxis, catch the underground, cycle to work but not get a civilian plane?

The Mighty Thor

What serious country would spend roughly the net financial gain from a trade deal on the cost of getting said trade deal signed? 

Global Britain (Great Nation)

The Mighty Thor
1 minute ago, Smithee said:

The UK, why wouldn't they?

Why can they get on trains, get taxis, catch the underground, cycle to work but not get a civilian plane?

The ministerial code says that ministers can authorise non-scheduled flights "when a scheduled service is not available, or when it is essential to travel by air, but the requirements of official or parliamentary business or security considerations preclude the journey being made by a scheduled service"

Or if you think **** it, I'm too good to be going Quantas. 

dobmisterdobster
3 minutes ago, The Mighty Thor said:

The ministerial code says that ministers can authorise non-scheduled flights "when a scheduled service is not available, or when it is essential to travel by air, but the requirements of official or parliamentary business or security considerations preclude the journey being made by a scheduled service"

Or if you think **** it, I'm too good to be going Quantas. 

You mean like a Diplomatic Mission?

Does Qantas have encrypted communications to MI6?

I doubt it.

Dennis Reynolds
15 minutes ago, dobmisterdobster said:

David Cameron flew to the states as prime minister commercial. Pretty sure his bodyguard left a gun in the bogs.

WorldChampions1902
4 minutes ago, dobmisterdobster said:

I doubt it.

U.K. Defence Minister Ben Wallace also made the same trip to Oz but chose to go by scheduled commercial flights. If it’s good enough for him, it’s good enough for Truss. And if you are all in favour of the £500k Liz spent on her trip, presumably you will be unhappy about the £10k Business Class fare, wasted by Wallace when he could have joined Truss on her empty airline?

1 hour ago, Lord Montpelier said:

Boris and Bunter Blackford. Two sides of the same capitalist fat cat investment banker coin. 

That’s not much of an argument against what I said, is it?

16 minutes ago, dobmisterdobster said:

I doubt it.

Encrypted communications to MI6 🤣

10 minutes ago, Boab said:

I think people are missing the elephant in the room !

She's an imbecile !

Holding the office of Foreign Secretary. Holy shit !

She thinks she can be the next PM too

20 minutes ago, dobmisterdobster said:

I doubt it.

Think you might be over-estimating the importance of her position or the day-to-day responsibilities of the FM here. Whilst I grant you it is a senior cabinet position, but if something terrible was happening that required her to immediately speak to MI6 or vice versa (rather than them picking up the phone and calling say the PM, the DPM, the Chancellor, the Head of the Met, the Chief of the General Staff, or people who would actually be useful to you in such a hypothetical extreme crisis), then I'm pretty certain a message could be got to her onboard via either onboard internet/personal satphone or via the cockpit using well-defined codewords. In any case, said plane would probably be heading to the nearest 'friendly' ground at a high rate of knots in such a case.

WorldChampions1902
7 minutes ago, Smithee said:

She thinks she can be the next PM too

So did the incumbent imbecile! So don’t write her off. God help us all.

The first "brexit jet" that Johnson "commandeered" might well have secure comms facilties on board as it is Voyager refueler in its day job although the paint scheme makes it stand out a bit !. The 2nd one is a bog standard A321 leased from Titan airways, paintjob to match the voyager is the only modification.

I would doubt the current cabinet could operate the reclining seats far less any secure comms systems.

dobmisterdobster

If we have Independence, I'm sure Humza Yousaf would fly coach to Aus and grab a McDonald's during the layover in Singapore.

8 minutes ago, dobmisterdobster said:

If we have Independence, I'm sure Humza Yousaf would fly coach to Aus and grab a McDonald's during the layover in Singapore.

Aye that's a great point. Take a bow, you've saved your reptilian overlords from certain ridicule

40 minutes ago, EC_Hearts said:

The first "brexit jet" that Johnson "commandeered" might well have secure comms facilties on board as it is Voyager refueler in its day job although the paint scheme makes it stand out a bit !. The 2nd one is a bog standard A321 leased from Titan airways, paintjob to match the voyager is the only modification.

I would doubt the current cabinet could operate the reclining seats far less any secure comms systems.

:laugh2: 

A Boy Named Crow
4 hours ago, Boab said:

I think people are missing the elephant in the room !

She's an imbecile !

Holding the office of Foreign Secretary. Holy shit !

The notion that MI6 would be waiting by the secure bat phone to hear from this moron is patently ridiculous.  Her department would probably prefer she done the Australia trip the old fashioned way, weeks on a boat with limited communication back home!

2 hours ago, A Boy Named Crow said:

The notion that MI6 would be waiting by the secure bat phone to hear from this moron is patently ridiculous.  Her department would probably prefer she done the Australia trip the old fashioned way, weeks on a boat with limited communication back home!

THAT IS A DISGRACE!!!

The Mighty Thor
8 hours ago, dobmisterdobster said:

I doubt it.

You hit on a great point. 

However the greatest threat to the UKs national security from overseas is having a moron like Liz Truss in the job. 

7 hours ago, EC_Hearts said:

Oh!

The Mighty Thor

Listening to LBC and gammon chops Ferrari saying that the Sue Grey report will be redacted. 

I'm sure that I read yesterday Spaffer saying that it would be printed in full.

He couldn't be lying could he?

The Mighty Thor

Spaffer now said to be performing a screeching u-turn on the NI increase. 

A wonderfully philanthropic move by the PM who is putting concerns about the impact on the lowest earners first and definitely not just trying to save his own job. 

The Sue Grey report must be a doozy. 

Lord Montpelier
9 hours ago, PortyBeach said:

That’s not much of an argument against what I said, is it?

Boris deserves everything he gets. 

Bunter though, he's basically the same guy but tartan  . 

6 minutes ago, Lord Montpelier said:

I presume Blackford does a good job because he winds up folk! 

He's a Scottish Nationalist and Johnson an English Nationalist but that's where the similarity ends.

4 minutes ago, Lord Montpelier said:

“Same guy”? I think you’d struggle to provide evidence to substantiate that view. But please go ahead…