• Space Mackerel

• deesidejambo

• Pans Jambo

• JamboX2

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Space Mackerel
1 minute ago, frankblack said:

I never said Spacey was aussie_h.  That is someone else here.

What accusations did I throw at you?  SM saying him and yourself were having a laugh at the other poster was clearly trolling.  Tag teaming up on a poster to get in digs is trolling.

I'm just pointing out that SM was exercising double standards by dishing out the trolling accusations.

I think you're confusing trolling with honesty.

jack D and coke
1 minute ago, frankblack said:

I never said Spacey was aussie_h.  That is someone else here.

What accusations did I throw at you?  SM saying him and yourself were having a laugh at the other poster was clearly trolling.  Tag teaming up on a poster to get in digs is trolling.

I'm just pointing out that SM was exercising double standards by dishing out the trolling accusations.

I didn’t say you did you’ve picked me up wrong. 
Not sure what SM said is trolling tbh but whatever. 
I really don’t care enough about this subject anymore it’s life draining stuff so for the moment I’m out of here👍🏼

Governor Tarkin
9 minutes ago, jack D and coke said:

He is being a bit daft. Threw a pretty wild accusation at me which I’ll let go this time too. I know spacey personally as do a few people on this board and he ain’t aussieh :lol: 

You know spacey in real life? I was convinced it was a Russian bot that had become sentient and gone 'off mission'. :(  

Edited by Governor Tarkin

jack D and coke
Just now, Governor Tarkin said:

You know spacey in real life? I was convinced it was a Russian bot that had become sentient and gone off mission. :(  

Oh he’s real alright no ****ing real :lol: 

Space Mackerel
2 minutes ago, Governor Tarkin said:

You know spacey in real life? I was convinced it was a Russian bot that had become sentient and gone 'off mission'. :(  

:lol:

22 minutes ago, manaliveits105 said:

Feck aff Blackford ya toad and let Everyone enjoy Christmas 

and it’s still NAW

Its all gesture politics as anything they put before Westminster will get booted out.  Again its factually incorrect to state "sovereign right" as Scotland hasn't been a sovereign nation since 1707.

36 minutes ago, frankblack said:

Its all gesture politics as anything they put before Westminster will get booted out.  Again its factually incorrect to state "sovereign right" as Scotland hasn't been a sovereign nation since 1707.

3jnpit.jpg.0771e7e3da0fc5defa7e3d5e9449c719.jpg

7 hours ago, Governor Tarkin said:

7 hours ago, jack D and coke said:

Oh he’s real alright no ****ing real :lol: 

7 hours ago, Space Mackerel said:

:lol:

:insufferable:

4 hours ago, Coolio said:

3jnlcp.jpg.31fba86d6e1857321ed340523b0179dc.jpg

It is obviously you that is seething. Scotland said NO. Keep whining for Indyref 2 . Britain says NO!

Boohoo!

😅

4 hours ago, Del Monty said:

It is obviously you that is seething. Scotland said NO. Keep whining for Indyref 2 . Britain says NO!

Boohoo!

😅

Never forget, "He who laughs last laughs longest".

In other words, the person who has the final decisive move or victory in a feud, quarrel or competition is the only one who is truly successful.

Indyref 1 has afforded you five years of laughter however, Indyref 2 will provide me with a lifetime of laughter thereafter.

Answer me this - Do you genuinely believe that nothing significant has changed with regard to how people chose to vote in Indyref 1.

(I'll help you with a wee clue - Brexit)

(Just in case you're seriously struggling to understand my point then here's a further clue - Scotland doesn't want to leave the EU and many people voted NO in Indyref 1 based on this facet alone).

1 hour ago, Coolio said:

Never forget, "He who laughs last laughs longest".

In other words, the person who has the final decisive move or victory in a feud, quarrel or competition is the only one who is truly successful.

Indyref 1 has afforded you five years of laughter however, Indyref 2 will provide me with a lifetime of laughter thereafter.

Answer me this - Do you genuinely believe that nothing significant has changed with regard to how people chose to vote in Indyref 1.

(I'll help you with a wee clue - Brexit)

(Just in case you're seriously struggling to understand my point then here's a further clue - Scotland doesn't want to leave the EU and many people voted NO in Indyref 1 based on this facet alone).

If Indyref 1 was not respected then why would Indyref2 be?  If it's another No vote then Krankie will still plough on as she has one mission only. If it's a YES vote then the same respect given to the winners of the first would be reciprocated. This is just a feckin mess and Scotland will remain a divided bitter wee nation for the foreseeable future IMO.

Nobody will be laughing.

jack D and coke
17 minutes ago, Ron Burgundy said:

If Indyref 1 was not respected then why would Indyref2 be?  If it's another No vote then Krankie will still plough on as she has one mission only. If it's a YES vote then the same respect given to the winners of the first would be reciprocated. This is just a feckin mess and Scotland will remain a divided bitter wee nation for the foreseeable future IMO.

Nobody will be laughing.

Very true mate. 
I don’t think it’ll ever be over now until Scotland gets its independence. 

F30653C3-4583-468C-8C4C-4D253769D7FF.jpeg
That’s a article from Alex Massie. 

Edited by jack D and coke

1 hour ago, Ron Burgundy said:

Nobody will be laughing.

I'm afraid there are only two ways that the question of Scottish Independence will ever be settled.

The simple fact is, even if indyref2, 3 or 4 returned a 75% NO vote the SNP will still push for Scottish Independence, it's in their DNA, it's their very reason for being, and I'm not knocking that because you get exactly what it says on the tin with the SNP with regards to Scottish Independence, as they will always claim they have a mandate or a reason or there's been a material change etc etc etc, to hold a referendum.

As said there are only two way's it'll ever be settled.

1. The SNP are no longer the ruling party at Holyrood

or

2. Scotland is Independent

5 minutes ago, Jambo-Jimbo said:

I'm afraid there are only two ways that the question of Scottish Independence will ever be settled.

The simple fact is, even if indyref2, 3 or 4 returned a 75% NO vote the SNP will still push for Scottish Independence, it's in their DNA, it's their very reason for being, and I'm not knocking that because you get exactly what it says on the tin with the SNP with regards to Scottish Independence, as they will always claim they have a mandate or a reason or there's been a material change etc etc etc, to hold a referendum.

or

For the first point we would need Labour to get its arse into gear, and that doesn't look like happening in the next five years as their politicians are busy suing each other.  However, if people hadn't voted Green last time the SNP wouldn't be in charge at Holyrood just now.

I am not convinced that if Scotland did go independent that there wouldn't be a unionist party that wants to rejoin the UK, and if independence bombs there could be a demand to elect such a party.

1 hour ago, frankblack said:

For the first point we would need Labour to get its arse into gear, and that doesn't look like happening in the next five years as their politicians are busy suing each other.  However, if people hadn't voted Green last time the SNP wouldn't be in charge at Holyrood just now.

I am not convinced that if Scotland did go independent that there wouldn't be a unionist party that wants to rejoin the UK, and if independence bombs there could be a demand to elect such a party.

‘Re-joining’ wouldn't exactly be as simple as Scotland voting for it though, I’d imagine it’d require a similar referendum in  England or what remains of the UK.

Can’t see that happening, we’re apparently a land of ungrateful parasites who offer nothing to the UK apart from arguments or demands for cash. Life would be perfect without Scotland so why re-admit it?

1 hour ago, Ibrahim Tall said:

‘Re-joining’ wouldn't exactly be as simple as Scotland voting for it though, I’d imagine it’d require a similar referendum in  England or what remains of the UK.

Can’t see that happening, we’re apparently a land of ungrateful parasites who offer nothing to the UK apart from arguments or demands for cash. Life would be perfect without Scotland so why re-admit it?

I was speaking theoretically as I don't think Independence has any chance of happening soon as both sides are too far apart.

On 16/12/2019 at 00:49, frankblack said:

Not me - to quote The Smiths, I know it's over.  I find it curious how some of you are in denial.

How many times do you need to be told?

On 16/12/2019 at 11:36, frankblack said:

Its your time to waste.

I guess you will be going round in circles on here for the next five years as Indy Ref 2 will never be authorised this parliament.

23 hours ago, frankblack said:

What a pity for you that the GE was a UK election and 365 seats beats 48 seats so you ain't getting your Indy Ref 2 this parliament and there is literally nothing you can do about it.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/election-2019-50779901

:verysmug:

23 hours ago, frankblack said:

Technically that is correct.  365 seats > 48 seats and Boris has said No.

It's all over bar the crying. 👌

22 hours ago, frankblack said:

I said you wouldn't get Indy Ref 2 this parliament if the Tories got in and that is bang on the cash.

Enjoy the next five years of Westminster rule. :thumbs_up:

21 hours ago, frankblack said:

Cult of Sturgeon mindset.

Voting for independence with a party that is deliberately avoiding giving answers on how they plan to implement independence is mind numbingly stupid.

I voted for the SNP in 2014 with the belief that they had done their research with their white paper.  That was a complete load of bollocks proven when the oil price crashed within months.

Knock yourself out - just don't criticise anyone who voted for Brexit if you can't truly say that the SNP have given the full facts and negatives of independence.

I'd rather remain part of the UK than put any faith in a separatist party who are less than honest on the damage their policies will cause.

Complete nonsense, no doubt copied and pasted from some Nats propoganda site.

That white paper was proven to be absolute garbage the moment the oil price collapsed months after the referendum in 2014.

The fact is you lost and your arguments lack any credibility as I have proven, hence your meltdown and your resorting to personal abuse.

Its going to be a long hard 5 years for you. :rofl:

20 hours ago, frankblack said:

Again you are wrong.  The UK held a referendum and there was no subdivision.

15 hours ago, frankblack said:

2 hours ago, frankblack said:

5 minutes ago, frankblack said:

I was speaking theoretically as I don't think Independence has any chance of happening soon as both sides are too far apart.

You seem to be having somewhat of a nightmare here Franky boy.

Your complete unwavering belief in the Unionist stance has crumbled in front of our eyes.

Your positivity in Scottish independence NEVER happening has now become an acceptance of WHEN it happens it might not be that great and we would want to become part of the UK again.

You're nearly there mate you simply need to lay off the red top newspapers, delete the bookmark for themailonline and listen to political/economics experts who actually know what they're talking about.

Do this and we will welcome you with open arms into the promised land.

Saor Alba!

Alba Gu Bràth

SCOTLAND - The Country where EVERYONE is WELCOME

3 hours ago, Jambo-Jimbo said:

or

You've that back to front. 

6 minutes ago, Coolio said:

You seem to be having somewhat of a nightmare here Franky boy.

Your complete unwavering belief in the Unionist stance has crumbled in front of our eyes.

Your positivity in Scottish independence NEVER happening has now become an acceptance of WHEN it happens it might not be that great and we would want to become part of the UK again.

You're nearly there mate you simply need to lay off the red top newspapers, delete the bookmark for themailonline and listen to political/economics experts who actually know what they're talking about.

Do this and we will welcome you with open arms into the promised land.

Saor Alba!

Alba Gu Bràth

SCOTLAND - The Country where EVERYONE is WELCOME

I think you need to lay off the cooking sherry.  You couldn't even spell Seethe in your meme earlier :rofl:

The answer is No, and BTW I wouldn't be surprised if Boris uses the next 5 years to make any referendum require a confirmatory vote on the terms if Indy Ref 2 ever got approved after the next parliament. 👍

Your chances of Indy Ref 2 dropped substantially last week as Brexit will be through before you get another chance to put an Indy referendum to the public should Labour approve one in 5-15 years time.  Remain vote will then shift to remaining in the UK than being out of both the UK and EU.

33 minutes ago, frankblack said:

Independence is inevitable, it could be next year, it could be 5 years from now or it could 45 years from now but it will happen. These things always do, it’s living in denial to pretend that isn’t the case. 

1 minute ago, Ibrahim Tall said:

Independence is inevitable, it could be next year, it could be 5 years from now or it could 45 years from now but it will happen. These things always do, it’s living in denial to pretend that isn’t the case. 

How is it inevitable?  You can't even manage 50% vote share let alone support for independence.

How could it be next year when Boris has said No?

I am confident that Scotland won't be independent by the time I retire, and I'm decades away from that point.

8 minutes ago, frankblack said:

How is it inevitable?  You can't even manage 50% vote share let alone support for independence.

I am confident that Scotland won't be independent by the time I retire, and I'm decades away from that point.

I also said it could be 45 years, are you expecting a specific reason for that number also?

Its not a case of “we” or “you”, the 45% of people that voted for independence aren’t suddenly going to change their mind and views on their identity and believe they aren’t “Scottish” after all, independence isn’t going away. 

Just now, Ibrahim Tall said:

I also said it could be 45 years, are you expecting a specific reason for that number also?

Its not a case of “we” or “you”, the 45% of people that voted for independence aren’t suddenly going to change their mind and views on their identity and believe they aren’t “Scottish” after all, independence isn’t going away. 

I think a substantial number of people voting for the SNP would not vote for independence based on what happened after 2014 with the lies the SNP told about oil, and more to the point if a confirmatory vote was put into legislation then I think Yes would definitely lose if they present a deal that makes people worse off.

29 minutes ago, frankblack said:

The 70+ voters who ****ed us last time aren't going to live forever, and many of the youngsters will have been swayed to yes by Brexit.

_85611881_untitled-4.jpg

5 minutes ago, Ray Gin said:

The 70+ voters who ****ed us last time aren't going to live forever, and many of the youngsters will have been swayed to yes by Brexit.

_85611881_untitled-4.jpg

Laughable.

A perception that voters don't change allegiences.  Many of those young voters will have got themselves into middle class jobs by then and have a different outlook when its their money on the line.

As I said, a confirmatory vote will completely **** the Indy cause when they have to present the share of UK debt, deficit, trading on WTO rules, hard border with England, and a worthless currency while waiting to meet EU entrance rules.

Edited by frankblack

2 minutes ago, frankblack said:

I think a substantial number of people voting for the SNP would not vote for independence based on what happened after 2014 with the lies the SNP told about oil, and more to the point if a confirmatory vote was put into legislation then I think Yes would definitely lose if they present a deal that makes people worse off.

Thats a lot of “ifs”.

The simple fact is the vast majority of ‘yes’ voters voted yes fundamentally because they identify as Scottish.

A large number of no voters identify as mainly Scottish but voted no for financial or ‘stability’ reasons(fair enough), a similar amount identify as both Scottish and British(again, fair enough) and a tiny number are in the ‘Scotland is North Britain’ UJ waving crew who’d never vote for independence in a million years(generally those who attended Ibrox).

The poisonous “Traitors/GNATS” crap is unnecessary and doesn’t help either side, when it comes down to it by far the vast majority of the country identifies as Scottish or Scottish and British. The number who identify as only British is miniscule.

Identity doesn’t change in the same sense that voting for party A over Party B because they offer to build a hospital does. That’s why independence is inevitable at some point.

If Scotland is to be thrown in the unknown by a Brexit it didn't want, why not then dive into the unknown of Independence?

At least then it'll be on our terms and we'd have full and complete control of what happens to Scotland, and not just a half forgotten ignored region of the UK with no control?

jack D and coke
2 minutes ago, manaliveits105 said:

Yeah EU rule feck the Scottish fishermen - collateral damage 

You’re right I agree, screw the 5 or so families who monopolise and overfish. 
Youlll find it was the Tory government who originally sold the proper fishermen out to join the EEC in the 70’s. Places like where I live I knew plenty fishermen and fishing families. Zero now and zero boats.
Fairly sure it’s actually the EU who ensures quotas are kept. 

23 minutes ago, Ibrahim Tall said:

Thats a lot of “ifs”.

The simple fact is the vast majority of ‘yes’ voters voted yes fundamentally because they identify as Scottish.

A large number of no voters identify as mainly Scottish but voted no for financial or ‘stability’ reasons(fair enough), a similar amount identify as both Scottish and British(again, fair enough) and a tiny number are in the ‘Scotland is North Britain’ UJ waving crew who’d never vote for independence in a million years(generally those who attended Ibrox).

You are conveniently overlooking the remain vote, which may well switch the other way when it becomes a remain/leave the UK and go to WTO rules as an independent nation.

23 minutes ago, Ibrahim Tall said:

The poisonous “Traitors/GNATS” crap is unnecessary and doesn’t help either side, when it comes down to it by far the vast majority of the country identifies as Scottish or Scottish and British. The number who identify as only British is miniscule.

Identity doesn’t change in the same sense that voting for party A over Party B because they offer to build a hospital does. That’s why independence is inevitable at some point.

The name calling stuff is often what this place descends into and I try to stay above it until I'm getting tag teamed by the usual suspects.

I think you need to separate the Scottish only with the Scottish and British + British Only to get over the 45%.  The SNP haven't made their case yet and were weak when challenged on policy during the GE.

3 minutes ago, jack D and coke said:

Youlll find it was the Tory government who originally sold the proper fishermen out to join the EEC in the 70’s. Places like where I live I knew plenty fishermen and fishing families. Zero now and zero boats.

I think the point he was making is that once out of the EU we could control our quotas whereas we have to share them with the other EU nations who get access to our fishing waters.

Different Class
On 16/12/2019 at 14:15, frankblack said:

What a pity for you that the GE was a UK election and 365 seats beats 48 seats so you ain't getting your Indy Ref 2 this parliament and there is literally nothing you can do about it.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/election-2019-50779901

:verysmug:

Good post.

This is why Scotland, as a country full of ideas and potential, but with no mechanism to implement any of it, needs independence.

Just now, Different Class said:

Good post.

This is why Scotland, as a country full of ideas and potential, but with no mechanism to implement any of it, needs independence.

The SNP can use the next 5 years to come up with some policies that are remotely feasible, as they clearly don't have any just now.

jack D and coke
14 minutes ago, frankblack said:

I think the point he was making is that once out of the EU we could control our quotas whereas we have to share them with the other EU nations who get access to our fishing waters.

It’s not like it was years ago I knew fishermen and boats that left from my local harbour, those days are gone you’re not looking after very many businesses by saying it’s our fishing waters now. 
That sounds basically like a no deal brexit for 5 or so families who have monopolised the fishing industry. 

39 minutes ago, jack D and coke said:

:spoton:

manaliveits105
49 minutes ago, jack D and coke said:

Not the Codfathers 

Space Mackerel
1 hour ago, jack D and coke said:

I wonder if frank has read this? Maybe this might change his mind on the small humble wee fisherman and his wifie scratching a living out from Peterheed or Crail?

https://www.greenpeace.org.uk/news/uncovered-rich-list-codfathers-dominating-uks-fishing-industry/

jack D and coke
3 minutes ago, Space Mackerel said:

I wonder if frank has read this? Maybe this might change his mind on the small humble wee fisherman and his wifie scratching a living out from Peterheed or Crail?

https://www.greenpeace.org.uk/news/uncovered-rich-list-codfathers-dominating-uks-fishing-industry/

Plenty scratched livings down my way too. Not anymore. 

Will McCallum, head of oceans at Greenpeace UK, said:

“Many of these companies were amongst those touting the opportunity to ‘take back control’ of our waters by leaving the EU. They’re taking politicians and regular fishermen for a ride, because they know exactly who’s in control. And the same politicians who slammed Europe for breaking Britain’s fishing sector are the ones restricting the majority of fishing quota to this handful of wealthy families. It’s a betrayal of Britain’s fishermen.

“When Greenpeace took the Government to court in 2015, they had the gall to say that the UK’s fishing industry was all in order. They were slammed by a European Court for claiming fishing quota was distributed in a transparent and objective way.

“With the odds stacked against them, is it any wonder that fishermen across the UK have been run out of business, or that coastal economies have collapsed and the communities that they support have been hollowed out? If the Government cares about coastal communities they need to use the Fisheries Bill to reduce the power of these Codfathers. We need a fair distribution of fishing quota to local, low-impact, fishers to boost coastal economies, reduce the environmental impact and help rebuild fading seaside towns.”