Even More SNP Nonsense

Stuart Lyon

jack D and coke
17 minutes ago, frankblack said:

You are sounding a tad confused today, Spacey, and grasping at straws to explain away how the SNP will avoid WTO rules when its out of their hands.

Frank you literally just made up this WTO stuff in your own head about an hour ago. Stop it. 

• Replies 11.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Space Mackerel

• deesidejambo

• Pans Jambo

• JamboX2

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Just now, jack D and coke said:

Frank you literally just made up this WTO stuff in your own head about an hour ago. Stop it. 

No, just repeating what the remainers said about a hard Brexit as that would apply to a newly independent Scotland.

Space Mackerel
1 minute ago, jack D and coke said:

He’s really angry. His made up world is his comfort blanket. ☹️

jack D and coke
4 minutes ago, frankblack said:

No, just repeating what the remainers said about a hard Brexit as that would apply to a newly independent Scotland.

You’ve just made it up. Stop it. 

1 minute ago, jack D and coke said:

No - its an identical situation to a hard brexit so same principles apply.

jack D and coke
2 minutes ago, frankblack said:

No - its an identical situation to a hard brexit so same principles apply.

No they don’t you just made it up. 

No they don’t you just made it up. 

Ok - so prove me wrong.  If those principles are true for a hard brexit then they are true for a hard independence.

Space Mackerel
2 minutes ago, frankblack said:

Ok - so prove me wrong.  If those principles are true for a hard brexit then they are true for a hard independence.

FFS! 😕

jack D and coke
8 minutes ago, frankblack said:

There will be no hard brexit. There will be no hard indy. 
Stop making things up. 

There will be no hard brexit. There will be no hard indy. 
Stop making things up. 

There shouldn't be a hard brexit if Boris gets a deal done this year.  However, should Scotland become independent after that then they wouldn't be in the EU and wouldn't be in the UK and won't have negotiated trade deals, hence fallback to WTO.

Space Mackerel
1 minute ago, frankblack said:

There shouldn't be a hard brexit if Boris gets a deal done this year.  However, should Scotland become independent after that then they wouldn't be in the EU and wouldn't be in the UK and won't have negotiated trade deals, hence fallback to WTO.

Instantly aye, like the UK did when it voted the leave the EU?? 

This is like talking to a 5 year old now. ☹️

jack D and coke
12 minutes ago, frankblack said:

What Boris has offered isn’t brexit. You really need to read into his deal. For instance the uk wont be able sign any deal with anyone that is better than the EU’s, they get to inspect any potential trade deals. That sound like any sort of brexit those clowns offered? We’d be better staying put. 
The EU will look to screw the uk at any turn now. Scotland will likely get in toot suite if we want to. 
Now stop making stuff up. 

Edited by jack D and coke

Just now, Space Mackerel said:

Instantly aye, like the UK did when it voted the leave the EU?? 

This is like talking to a 5 year old now. ☹️

You seem to be taking the truth badly hence your last three posts with personal abuse.

The Nats would need to negotiate to leave the UK, take their share of national debt, create a hard border with England, bring down the deficit below 3%, set up a currency and central bank or adopt the Euro, agree a trade deal with the rest of the UK, and apply to join the EU.

So many problems to overcome there that they have no chance.  WTO it is.

The likelihood of having an Indy Ref 2 looks remote  for the forseeable future as Labour are in turmoil and the Tories won't let you have one.  Can see the Tories in power for 10 to 15 more years.

9 minutes ago, Space Mackerel said:

He’s really angry. His made up world is his comfort blanket. ☹️

3 minutes ago, jack D and coke said:

Guys, can you please refrain from the comments that Frank is just making things up as he will simply accuse us of 'copying and pasting' and for me the truth hurts.

I do copy and paste some things    -       but before that I thoroughly read them, digest the content and ensure they are factually based.  

It's maybe just me but I find that having a balanced approach to any subject and assimilating all the available evidence and thereafter forming opinions which can hold water due to their factual content is the best approach.

Just making things up is normally not a solid foundation to build your argument on. That said however, it's working for Trump and it most definitely worked for the NO campaign in 2014.

The Scottish/British media, with the very rare exception, helped to back the bullshit in 2014 through their bias and outright hostility towards the YES campaign.

In summary - A more impartial approach by the media would lead to FACTS being accepted as FACTS, bullshit as bullshit, and the general public would be better informed and therefore better placed to vote with open minds and brains engaged.

FACT > BULLSHIT (= Made up nonsense to suit)

Space Mackerel
7 minutes ago, frankblack said:

You seem to be taking the truth badly hence your last three posts with personal abuse.

The Nats would need to negotiate to leave the UK, take their share of national debt, create a hard border with England, bring down the deficit below 3%, set up a currency and central bank or adopt the Euro, agree a trade deal with the rest of the UK, and apply to join the EU.

The likelihood of having an Indy Ref 2 looks remote  for the forseeable future as Labour are in turmoil and the Tories won't let you have one.  Can see the Tories in power for 10 to 15 more years.

franks been wrong on everything so far so I’m pretty sure this will be 100% guff too. 😕

Space Mackerel
6 minutes ago, Coolio said:

Guys, can you please refrain from the comments that Frank is just making things up as he will simply accuse us of 'copying and pasting' and for me the truth hurts.

I do copy and paste some things    -       but before that I thoroughly read them, digest the content and ensure they are factually based.  

It's maybe just me but I find that having a balanced approach to any subject and assimilating all the available evidence and thereafter forming opinions which can hold water due to their factual content is the best approach.

Just making things up is normally not a solid foundation to build your argument on. That said however, it's working for Trump and it most definitely worked for the NO campaign in 2014.

The Scottish/British media, with the very rare exception, helped to back the bullshit in 2014 through their bias and outright hostility towards the YES campaign.

In summary - A more impartial approach by the media would lead to FACTS being accepted as FACTS, bullshit as bullshit, and the general public would be better informed and therefore better placed to vote with open minds and brains engaged.

Considering he's never put a single link in any of his arguments, it's pretty safe to say he's making it up. 

Or he gets his info off some bat shit crazy FB memes.

34 minutes ago, Space Mackerel said:

Considering he's never put a single link in any of his arguments, it's pretty safe to say he's making it up. 

Or he gets his info off some bat shit crazy FB memes.

All this personal abuse proves my point.  A post-brexit independence would be a hard painful one - far worse than the worst case brexit scenario ever was.

I could find more accurate information in The Beano than you have sourced from your nationalist fanzines.

44 minutes ago, Coolio said:

So we can agree that since the SNP won't give details on independence its all bullshit?

Space Mackerel
15 minutes ago, frankblack said:

All this personal abuse proves my point.  A post-brexit independence would be a hard painful one - far worse than the worst case brexit scenario ever was.

I could find more accurate information in The Beano than you have sourced from your nationalist fanzines.

calling you out for not ref your posts is not personal abuse. 

it’s stone cold hard facts. 

9 minutes ago, Space Mackerel said:

calling you out for not ref your posts is not personal abuse. 

it’s stone cold hard facts. 

Serious question for you ( it really is ).

Frank states the below, do you think he's wrong? I honestly don't know.

Space Mackerel
2 minutes ago, Ron Burgundy said:

Which ones are you struggling with pal, the3% one has already been answered so why yourself or frank are bringing it up AGAIN, I’m not sure my answers will be taken seriously. ☹️

Edited by Space Mackerel

6 minutes ago, Space Mackerel said:

Which ones are you struggling with pal, the3% one has already been answered so why yourself or frank are bringing it up AGAIN, I’m not sure my answers will be taken seriously. ☹️

I was asking you a genuine question, no need to be such a cock. I quoted him they were not my questions so I was not bringing anything up again.

You really are a different beast on the internet "pal". 

Space Mackerel
Just now, Ron Burgundy said:

I was asking you a genuine question, no need to be such a cock. I quoted him they were not my questions so I was not bringing anything up again.

You really are a different beast on the internet "pal". 

The 3% one has been answered. 

You list your own questions and we’ll take it from there. 😊

1 minute ago, Space Mackerel said:

The 3% one has been answered. 

You list your own questions and we’ll take it from there. 😊

GFY

jack D and coke
42 minutes ago, Ron Burgundy said:

All the same things as happened with that “Brexit”‘that still hasn’t happened yet. 
Pragmatism takes over and there will be no WTO rules for anyone cos it’s complete fecking madness otherwise and I say again Frank has made this up in his own head it’s utter bollocks. 
All this the uk will screw us to the floor is absolute garbage imo they buy plenty from us do they suddenly want us to whack huge tariffs on everything too? It’s a two way street. And if Boris can negotiate a deal in about a fortnight with the EU then why can’t Scotland? Is it just Scotland that is unable to do absolutely anything in some people’s eyes? We have the biggest oil reserves in Europe for starters, also massive wind power and huge fishing quotas but we’ll be on the outside of everything looking in the windae exchanging haggis and irn bru? The uk have been using the oil and fishing for example for bartering with the EU but when it comes to Indy it’s all running oot again :lol:  It makes no sense to hurt everybody if that is what people have voted for that is why you’re getting this nonsensical “brexit” that just isn’t brexit at all. It looks like it’s been a big ruse to get billionaire Tory donors out of new tax laws in all honesty. 

Space Mackerel
31 minutes ago, frankblack said:

wu9ic.jpg

Taking things a tad off topic, chum.  What makes you think I even need to provide an answer to it as its not relevant to the point I made previously?

Nope you never mentioned it at all. Not once in your post before this. 😕

“Firstly, Boris negotiated a revised version of the withdrawal bill which took Theresa May and teams of civil servants 2.5 years.  He has to get that signed off by parliament by the end of Jan before negotiations start on a trade deal with a deadline of the end of next.“

24 minutes ago, Space Mackerel said:

Nope you never mentioned it at all. Not once in your post before this. 😕

“Firstly, Boris negotiated a revised version of the withdrawal bill which took Theresa May and teams of civil servants 2.5 years.  He has to get that signed off by parliament by the end of Jan before negotiations start on a trade deal with a deadline of the end of next.“

I replied to a post above from Coolio who said that an independent Scotland could negotiate a membership and a deal with the EU in two weeks "like Boris did". 

I just pointed out that when added up it will be about 3.5 years if you accept that we have until the end of next year to get the trade deal with the EU negotiated.

That leaves us back at the point where an Independent Scotland has an awful lot of deals to negotiate with the EU, rest of the UK, etc except there are cyclical dependencies between the settlement from the rest of the UK, debt and deficit position, and any negotiations to join the EU - and that is before you talk about trading overseas with the U.S., Japan etc.  WTO looks inevitable.

Space Mackerel
13 minutes ago, frankblack said:

I replied to a post above from Coolio who said that an independent Scotland could negotiate a membership and a deal with the EU in two weeks "like Boris did". 

I just pointed out that when added up it will be about 3.5 years if you accept that we have until the end of next year to get the trade deal with the EU negotiated.

That leaves us back at the point where an Independent Scotland has an awful lot of deals to negotiate with the EU, rest of the UK, etc except there are cyclical dependencies between the settlement from the rest of the UK, debt and deficit position, and any negotiations to join the EU - and that is before you talk about trading overseas with the U.S., Japan etc.  WTO looks inevitable.

See when Scotland leaves the UK and looks like joining EU in the future, how long do you think it would take?

jack D and coke

Holy mary mother of god :facepalm: 

4 hours ago, frankblack said:

So we can agree that since the SNP won't give details on independence its all bullshit?

:facepalm:

You are genuinely incorrigible.

As the saying goes - You can give a Tory a book but you can't make them think.

14 minutes ago, jack D and coke said:

Holy mary mother of god :facepalm: 

I think you guys are in denial.  The result last week was a major blow to independence.

A confirmatory vote on any deal they come out will will sink them when the public see the austerity terms (if Westminster ever allows you to have another referendum).

2 minutes ago, Coolio said:

:facepalm:

You are genuinely incorrigible.

As the saying goes - You can give a Tory a book but you can't make them think.

I'm not a Tory - I just enjoy seeing the SNP exposed as the charlatans the area without any policies or plans to go independent that they dare give to the public.

Just now, manaliveits105 said:

The Scottish No Policies party haven’t addressed any of the issues though ay 

Spot on.

I've just had personal abuse from one poster after another rather than attempt to address the issues.

The denial is strong with some on here.  They are completely oblivious to what they lost last week. :rofl:

41 minutes ago, frankblack said:

Frank - You state in the quoted post above (I've highlighted the section for ease of reference) that I said .......

Please take a minute out to reply on this forum with a direct quote from me where I've actually said what you claim I said.

2 minutes ago, Coolio said:

Frank - You state in the quoted post above (I've highlighted the section for ease of reference) that I said .......

Please take a minute out to reply on this forum with a direct quote from me where I've actually said what you claim I said.

Correction - it was Jack D's post above.

Space Mackerel
Just now, frankblack said:

Correction - it was Jack D's post above.

Quelle surprise, frank getting things wrong again 😁 😁 😁

Just now, Space Mackerel said:

Quelle surprise, frank getting things wrong again 😁 😁 😁

Sorry - I was too busy batting off the 3 way stream of personal abuse, mostly from you.

Enjoy those sour grapes. :2thumbsup:

Space Mackerel
3 minutes ago, frankblack said:

Sorry - I was too busy batting off the 3 way stream of personal abuse, mostly from you.

40 minutes ago, Space Mackerel said:

See when Scotland leaves the UK and looks like joining EU in the future, how long do you think it would take?

Any chance you could take a reasonable stab in the dark at my question?

5 minutes ago, Space Mackerel said:

Any chance you could take a reasonable stab in the dark at my question?

Theoretically if Scotland ever left the UK I think it would be looking at an application processing period plus however long it took to get the deficit in line with EU requirements assuming it adopted the Euro.

I'd be guessing at how long that would be but years is most likely as there will be legal changes required in Scotland to adopt EU law since the UK will have left a long time before.

jack D and coke
8 minutes ago, frankblack said:

Personal abuse? Nobody knows who you are you’re an avatar on a football forum ya big wuman :lol: 

And gonna tell us which faceBook page you read this WTO pish on? Geez a laugh. 

Personal abuse? Nobody knows who you are you’re an avatar on a football forum ya big wuman :lol: 

And gonna tell us which faceBook page you read this WTO pish on? Geez a laugh. 

No facebook page, just basic deduction.

Not a member of the UK + Not a member of the EU = WTO trading rules

Space Mackerel
6 minutes ago, frankblack said:

Theoretically if Scotland ever left the UK I think it would be looking at an application processing period plus however long it took to get the deficit in line with EU requirements assuming it adopted the Euro.

I'd be guessing at how long that would be but years is most likely as there will be legal changes required in Scotland to adopt EU law since the UK will have left a long time before.

So say Scotland left the UK and, the UK was completely out the EU, what would happen?

1 minute ago, Space Mackerel said:

So say Scotland left tomorrow and the UK was completely out the EU, what would happen?

I told you before I can't play sound on my computer, not that I intend clicking on a link from that ridiculous source.

:rofl:

Space Mackerel
4 minutes ago, frankblack said:

I told you before I can't play sound on my computer, not that I intend clicking on a link from that ridiculous source.

:rofl:

Listen to it when you get home.

But what would he know? frank is the resident JKB Constitutional and EU expert noo. 😁 😁 😁

Space Mackerel

No facebook page, just basic deduction.

Not a member of the UK + Not a member of the EU = WTO trading rules

Whats this Brexit transition period they keep talking aboot on the tele then?

Did we all imagine that?