Even More SNP Nonsense

Stuart Lyon

jack D and coke
5 minutes ago, Space Mackerel said:

£20 says it was written by the Holocaust denier.

Jesus it does sound like him. 
What an absolute arsehole that is. 

• Replies 11.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Space Mackerel

• deesidejambo

• Pans Jambo

• JamboX2

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Trapper John McIntyre
15 minutes ago, Space Mackerel said:

£20 says it was written by the Holocaust denier.

What 'holocaust denier' do you refer to? I'd advise you to be very careful with any such accusations.

10 minutes ago, TheOak88 said:

No I accept that Greece at the time of the original launch of the Euro didn’t meet the criteria hence why they didn’t join at the same time as the originals. They subsequently achieved the criteria and joined. 

Greece has never met the criteria but they did fiddle the figures to allow Euro membership. The cost of German reunification pushed Germany over the 3% deficit figure. A quote from the article

"However, France and Germany broke the very rules that they had insisted on for everyone else"

This article describes the German way of dealing with this as 

"Well, "not a real sin" he adds - Germany just "flexibilised the schedules.""

These criteria are not rigid and are not intended to be at least that's what the EU say.

On 14/12/2019 at 12:13, Maroon Sailor said:

The problem is that most Pro UK Scots agree with the SNP about nearly everything except independence.

Something The Sturge chooses to ignore in HER quest for Independence. It's not the will of the Scottish people, it's her and her party's will to be Independent first and foremost.

Our new Conservative Government was elected with something like 43% of the vote and they fought the election on the basis of getting Brexit done and won.

Scotland did not vote to leave the EU.

The SNP won 48 seats with over 48% of the vote on the basis of giving Scotland the mandate to choose if they want Independence which they clearly do otherwise why did the majority of voters in Scotland vote SNP ?

Maroon Sailor
5 minutes ago, wavydavy said:

Our new Conservative Government was elected with something like 43% of the vote and they fought the election on the basis of getting Brexit done and won.

The SNP won 48 seats with over 48% of the vote on the basis of giving Scotland the mandate to choose if they want Independence which they clearly do otherwise why did the majority of voters in Scotland vote SNP ?

I must have missed the referendum on Scotland choosing to remain or leave the EU

As The Sturge says herself. Not all people who voted SNP want Independence. At least she recognises that but it won't stop her with her obsession of getting it.

Edited by Maroon Sailor

Space Mackerel
6 minutes ago, Trapper John McIntyre said:

What 'holocaust denier' do you refer to? I'd advise you to be very careful with any such accusations.

On you go John, get the lawyers oot and sue The Herald 😁😁😁

https://www.heraldscotland.com/news/16399120.meet-the-pro-union-activist-who-has-worked-for-the-orange-order-and-denies-jews-were-murdered-in-gas-chambers/

Space Mackerel
1 minute ago, Maroon Sailor said:

Must have missed the referendum on Scotland being in the EU ?

As The Sturge says herself. Not all people who voted SNP want Independence. At least she recognises that but it won't stop her with her obsession of getting it.

It’s calculated a third of Labour voters support Indy. 

Can you do the maths? 

1 minute ago, wavydavy said:

Scotland didn't vote on Brexit - it was a UK referendum.

You don't really get what devolved powers mean, do you?

The SNP did not get 48% of the vote at Westminster, and your claims their vote was because of independence is spurious at best.  The SNP were the protest vote for the remainers and that does not translate into a pro independence vote as proven by the polls.

In any case, arguing with you is academic.  The Tories, with Michael Gove the latest have said in crystal clear terms you ain't getting a referendum this coming parliament, and devolution doesn't give you the powers to do anything about it.

1 hour ago, TheOak88 said:

Sweden do NOT have an opt out. It even says that in the article you posted.

They have not met the 5 criteria required to join the Euro. 

"However, there is also no mechanism that actually forces a new EU member to adopt it."

Space Mackerel
1 minute ago, frankblack said:

The SNP did not get 48% of the vote at Westminster, and your claims their vote was because of independence is spurious at best.  The SNP were the protest vote for the remainers and that does not translate into a pro independence vote as proven by the polls.

In any case, arguing with you is academic.  The Tories, with Michael Gove the latest have said in crystal clear terms you ain't getting a referendum this coming parliament, and devolution doesn't give you the powers to do anything about it.

The Torys also said there would never be a Scottish Parliament.

How did that work out? 

Just now, Ray Gin said:

"However, there is also no mechanism that actually forces a new EU member to adopt it."

What is your currency going to be when you are out of the UK and are applying to join the EU?

Space Mackerel
Just now, frankblack said:

What is your currency going to be when you are out of the UK and are applying to join the EU?

Contactless 😎

Just now, Space Mackerel said:

The Torys also said there would never be a Scottish Parliament.

How did that work out? 

So are you saying that the Tories are going to give you a referendum this parliament despite hard nos from all major members of the government?

Maroon Sailor
5 minutes ago, Space Mackerel said:

It’s calculated a third of Labour voters support Indy. 

Can you do the maths? 

Must be one of those calculators you get in a christmas cracker. That's all you need now for Scottish Labour voters

Space Mackerel

So are you saying that the Tories are going to give you a referendum this parliament despite hard nos from all major members of the government?

You’re advocating a dictatorship now? 

The pound.

Space Mackerel
Just now, Maroon Sailor said:

Must be one of those calculators you get in a christmas cracker. That's all you need now for Scottish Labour voters

18% they got, add 6 onto 45. 

2 minutes ago, Space Mackerel said:

You’re advocating a dictatorship now? 

Nope, a democracy.  The Tories have a mandate to tell you to take a hike, and are exercising it.

Space Mackerel

Nope, a democracy.  The Tories have a mandate to tell you to take a hike, and are exercising it.

Hows that? They only got 25% 😁😁😁

Trapper John McIntyre
9 minutes ago, Space Mackerel said:

You're wrong again. I would have thought you'd steer clear of the subject when you're beloved SNP was willing to form a pact with a party being investigated by the Equality and Human Rights Commission.

Anyway to answer your question, the blog is from Effie Deans.

Look her up. I've hope that even you could learn something for her. 

Space Mackerel
Just now, Trapper John McIntyre said:

You're wrong again. I would have thought you'd steer clear of the subject when you're beloved SNP was willing to form a pact with a party being investigated by the Equality and Human Rights Commission.

Anyway to answer your question, the blog is from Effie Deans.

Look her up. I've hope that even you could learn something for her. 

You’re not that daft auld bag History wifie are you? 

Trapper John McIntyre

You’re not that daft auld bag History wifie are you? 

No. When are you going to get anything right?

Your maths seems to be failing you, but I think you will find that it was the UK General Election and the Tories got 43.6% with the SNP getting 3.9%, which translates as 364 > 48 seats so they have a clear mandate to tell you to bolt.

4 minutes ago, frankblack said:

The Tories have no mandate to tell Scotland to take a hike. They got absolutely hammered in Scotland.

Trapper John McIntyre
11 minutes ago, frankblack said:

The SNP got 30% of the electorate.

There are no grounds for a binary referendum on the subject of Scottish Independence based on that.

Natz can suck on it. 

17 minutes ago, Maroon Sailor said:

I must have missed the referendum on Scotland choosing to remain or leave the EU

All the more reason to have a second one then.

Space Mackerel

Your maths seems to be failing you, but I think you will find that it was the UK General Election and the Tories got 43.6% with the SNP getting 3.9%, which translates as 364 > 48 seats so they have a clear mandate to tell you to bolt.

The red wall collapsed in England because the Torys campaigned on a single issue of Scottish Independence noo 😁😁😁

Maroon Sailor

All the more reason to have a second one then.

A second one ?

Scotland is not a member of the EU so there was never a first one

Trapper John McIntyre
6 minutes ago, Space Mackerel said:

It wasn't a Scottish election and they won 43% in a multi party democracy. Note the word Democracy.

Scotland voted to stay in the UK. Remember?

Trapper John McIntyre

You’re absolutely desperate Frankie boy. You’ve got absolutely nothing left 😁😁😁

Except 5-15 years ahead of Tory governments telling the SNP to do one.

Space Mackerel
1 minute ago, Trapper John McIntyre said:

It wasn't a Scottish election and they won 43% in a multi party democracy. Note the word Democracy.

Scotland voted to stay in the UK. Remember?

How many candidates did the SNP put up for this multiparty U.K. wide election? 😁😁😁

Trapper John McIntyre

How many candidates did the SNP put up for this multiparty U.K. wide election? 😁😁😁

Not enough to win it.

Space Mackerel
2 minutes ago, Trapper John McIntyre said:

Except 5-15 years ahead of Tory governments telling the SNP to do one.

This is what happened after the last S ustained period of Tory rule. 😎🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿

Boris getting into power was the best thing. 

F135CC73-8B37-42D5-87B7-D1DBDB512E9F.jpeg

Edited by Space Mackerel

4 minutes ago, frankblack said:

There are 59 seats up for grabs in Scotland of which the SNP won 48. That gives the SNP over 80% of the number of seats in Scotland.

Trapper John McIntyre
4 minutes ago, Space Mackerel said:

As I remember the SNP were against a devolved Parliament in the first place.

You dream on though, gives you something to do.

8 minutes ago, Maroon Sailor said:

A second one ?

Scotland is not a member of the EU so there was never a first one

I thought you were on about the Indyref.

Trapper John McIntyre

There are 59 seats up for grabs in Scotland of which the SNP won 48. That gives the SNP over 80% of the number of seats in Scotland.

But not the votes.

6 minutes ago, Space Mackerel said:

Never realised how low the turnout was for that vote!. Presumably people were not very engaged with the question. 

Space Mackerel
2 minutes ago, TheOak88 said:

Never realised how low the turnout was for that vote!. Presumably people were not very engaged with the question. 

Bit more different now though. That figure did surprise me too. 

Space Mackerel
4 minutes ago, Trapper John McIntyre said:

As I remember the SNP were against a devolved Parliament in the first place.

You dream on though, gives you something to do.

Maybe because they wanted full Independence? 

I mean, it’s their reason for existing. 

manaliveits105

Remember he who shall not be named said we would be self sufficient within 3 years of a yes vote in 2014 then the dirty Tories slashed the price of oil just to prove we would have gone bankrupt

luckily the gnats have all the answers now for indyref2 NOT 

as in still dont have a scooby useless erseholes

Cant wait for the Boxing Day sales to stock up on popcorn for the trial and the gnat infighting and distancing

Bit more different now though. That figure did surprise me too. 

I was too young to really know anything about the 1997 vote. Given that Tories had been in power so long prior to 1997 would have thought people would be desperate for devolution. 

Trapper John McIntyre
4 minutes ago, manaliveits105 said:

Remember he who shall not be named said we would be self sufficient within 3 years of a yes vote in 2014 then the dirty Tories slashed the price of oil just to prove we would have gone bankrupt

luckily the gnats have all the answers now for indyref2 NOT 

as in still dont have a scooby useless erseholes

Cant wait for the Boxing Day sales to stock up on popcorn for the trial and the gnat infighting and distancing

Mmm yes. The trial. Whats your favourite brand of popcorn?   I'd like to savour mine. Don't want my enjoyment of the trial of the century spoiled in any way.

What do you recommend?

Trapper John McIntyre
6 minutes ago, TheOak88 said:

I was too young to really know anything about the 1997 vote. Given that Tories had been in power so long prior to 1997 would have thought people would be desperate for devolution. 

The Natz who at the time could barely summon up a half dozen drunks to serve as MP's at Westminster had to be dragged kicking and screaming to accept it.

One of Blair's many big errors. Though it was well intentioned.

Space Mackerel
36 minutes ago, TheOak88 said:

I put you at the opposite end of the age spectrum. I voted in it. 
75% is quite a convincing endorsement? 

I expect Trapper voted Naw 😕