Aberdeen's new stadium...

Buffalo Bill

12 minutes ago, PortyBeach said:

They are commercially dependent on each other. They both know this despite their ideological antagonisms. 
The Scottish football authorities and media over the years have understood this and supported the duopoly because they view it as being in the interests of the game in this country.

They both would desert Scottish football in the blink of an eye if they were offered entry to the English set up. Note that any talk about such a move is always couched in terms of both of them going together.

Old Friends. 

• Replies 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• IveSeenTheLight

• Beast Boy

• sadj

• Mikey1874

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

6 hours ago, IveSeenTheLight said:

I'm aware what you were referring to, but at the same time as this, there was discussions surrounding changing the structure to make home gates shared with the visiting team.

So again, would you be happy for Hearts to share the home gate receipts with visiting teams?

really not relevant to the point I was making about voting structure, so yes you were side stepping.

To answer your random question, not for league games, yes for cup games. Completely tangential to voting structure though but nice try.

16 hours ago, IveSeenTheLight said:

I'm aware what you were referring to, but at the same time as this, there was discussions surrounding changing the structure to make home gates shared with the visiting team.

So again, would you be happy for Hearts to share the home gate receipts with visiting teams?

If you were to pull the gate receipts from every match and distribute the takings amongst the clubs equally only the ugly sisters, Hearts, and hibs (very marginally) would be worse off. The sheepies would get paid for an extra 60k seats or so over the season (that's an extra ten matches of revenue for them!). You just pretend that aberdeen are massive though. Pulling gate receipts would be a great move forward for the Scottish game.

IveSeenTheLight
13 hours ago, Japan Jambo said:

really not relevant to the point I was making about voting structure, so yes you were side stepping.

To answer your random question, not for league games, yes for cup games. Completely tangential to voting structure though but nice try.

It really was relevant to the point and the voting structure at the time.

Moving to a 9-3 structure for all votes would have paved the way to an inevitable pooling of gate receipts.

3 hours ago, IronJambo said:

If you were to pull the gate receipts from every match and distribute the takings amongst the clubs equally only the ugly sisters, Hearts, and hibs (very marginally) would be worse off. The sheepies would get paid for an extra 60k seats or so over the season (that's an extra ten matches of revenue for them!). You just pretend that aberdeen are massive though. Pulling gate receipts would be a great move forward for the Scottish game.

You need to relook at the figures and your way off calculations.

SevCo were not in the league, Celtics attendances massively reduced, down to about 30k I seem to recall.

The rest of Scottish football saw an increase in home attendances without the blue cheeks.

What would be good for Scottish football would be not having either cheek at all, but alas we are stuck with them as no0one else wants them

20 hours ago, IveSeenTheLight said:

Let’s say 9-3 went ahead, Hearts, Hibs , Celtic and Aberdeen would have all opposed it.

It’s a nonstarter excuse for letting the other clubs down. Shared home gates would never have went through. 

Scottish footballs only real chance to change for the better and it was squandered by one clubs short term greed. 

IveSeenTheLight
2 minutes ago, OTT said:

Let’s say 9-3 went ahead, Hearts, Hibs , Celtic and Aberdeen would have all opposed it.

It’s a nonstarter excuse for letting the other clubs down. Shared home gates would never have went through. 

Scottish footballs only real chance to change for the better and it was squandered by one clubs short term greed. 

There were certain clubs that abstained until Aberdeen made their position clear. Votes like this should not be common knowledge until all votes were cast.

Anyway, assume you were correct, fast forward two years to the 2014/15 season. Who would have opposed then?

13 minutes ago, IveSeenTheLight said:

Moving to a 9-3 structure for all votes would have paved the way to an inevitable pooling of gate receipts.

SevCo were not in the league, Celtics attendances massively reduced, down to about 30k I seem to recall.

The rest of Scottish football saw an increase in home attendances without the blue cheeks.

What would be good for Scottish football would be not having either cheek at all, but alas we are stuck with them as no0one else wants them

While I now see where you are going with this and take your point I'm not buying it was inevitable. When playing the old firm if you miss the few chances you get you lose. That vote should of been passed imo.

Fair to say though the game in Scotland tends to be riddled with self interest (which all clubs are guilty of from time to time) and it's way past time it was run for the collective good. 

IveSeenTheLight
9 minutes ago, Japan Jambo said:

While I now see where you are going with this and take your point I'm not buying it was inevitable. When playing the old firm if you miss the few chances you get you lose. That vote should of been passed imo.

Fair to say though the game in Scotland tends to be riddled with self interest (which all clubs are guilty of from time to time) and it's way past time it was run for the collective good. 

Indeed they tried looking at it again in 2013 with again some parts to be changed to a 9-3 voting structure, which again was rejected

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/22151308

The article focuses a lot on Milne's anger, but it seems Hearts were also not amused

Hearts chief executive David Southern accused St Mirren of not being frank in public over their reasons for opposing the plan.

"I think it's been shown today that the 11-1 vote was just used as a smokescreen to protect other people's interests," he said.

3 hours ago, IveSeenTheLight said:

You don't make a decision like that based one a couple of seasons 😂😂😂

kingantti1874

What a load of absolute shit, pooling hate receipts 😂 - nonsense straight from the mouth of Aberdeen puppet master lawell. 

could just have stipulated that particular scenario would require a unanimous vote.. not hard is it?  Not that you’d need to deal with that scenario.

aberdeen saw an opportunity that was never on the table for them

23 hours ago, IveSeenTheLight said:

There were certain clubs that abstained until Aberdeen made their position clear. Votes like this should not be common knowledge until all votes were cast.

Anyway, assume you were correct, fast forward two years to the 2014/15 season. Who would have opposed then?

It still looks like you’re doing acrobatics to justify the unjustifiable. It was not an act of the greater good, it was short term self interest where Aberdeen felt they had an uncontested run at 2nd place. Pure greed ran that decision and nothing else. 

I believe via the SPFLs over complicated voting system something like this would need to be agreed league by league, Hearts, Hibs and Rangers in the championship would have opposed it. I reckon most teams out with the top flight would have. 

beyond that though, it could have been delayed a year to allow the correct teams to return to the league and rebalance the vote properly. Getting 9-3 through would have finally broken the duoply and short term self interest and your club killed the only chance of it ever happening.

IveSeenTheLight
7 minutes ago, OTT said:

beyond that though, it could have been delayed a year to allow the correct teams to return to the league and rebalance the vote properly. Getting 9-3 through would have finally broken the duoply and short term self interest and your club killed the only chance of it ever happening.

There was a vote a year later reviewing the league structure and also the voting change to 9-3 for certain aspects which was voted down

1 hour ago, OTT said:

It still looks like you’re doing acrobatics to justify the unjustifiable. It was not an act of the greater good, it was short term self interest where Aberdeen felt they had an uncontested run at 2nd place. Pure greed ran that decision and nothing else. 

I believe via the SPFLs over complicated voting system something like this would need to be agreed league by league, Hearts, Hibs and Rangers in the championship would have opposed it. I reckon most teams out with the top flight would have. 

Head shot mate 

The last few pages of this thread 🤣

You have a Rangers fan (who doesn't even realise he is a Rangers fan) arguing with an Aberdeen Fan about the two cheeks from Glasgow, you then have an undercover hobo throwing in his tuppence worth and all this on a Hearts forum.

:rifle:                                               :rifle:                                                    :rifle:

rudi must stay
40 minutes ago, Boyces beard said:

You have a Rangers fan (who doesn't even realise he is a Rangers fan) arguing with an Aberdeen Fan about the two cheeks from Glasgow, you then have an undercover hobo throwing in his tuppence worth and all this on a Hearts forum.

:rifle:                                               :rifle:                                                    :rifle:

No room for insolance on our beloved forum 

On 15/12/2021 at 12:34, SUTOL said:

The phrase originally was from an article describing the way the two clubs acted was like, Old Firm Friends. 

Emphasis on Friends, not Old or Firm. They act like Old Friends, or Firm (good) Friends. Age is nothing to do with it.

So no the new The Rangers (formerly Sevco) act as if they are Old (long standing) Friends of Celtic, whether they are (old) or not, and that is one reason they have renewed the OF trademark. 

That reads to me like a well-reasoned explanation of current set-up.

It’s the fact there’s a mutual financial dependency that makes them a “firm”. The Rangers’ lack of longevity is irrelevant. 
I think we all agree the term “Old Firm” refers historically to the original Ibrox club and Celtic.

1 hour ago, Boyces beard said:

“Undercover Hobo”? Do tell…

As for the Dons fan, at least he doesn’t coming here slagging Hearts. And he seems to know his stuff as far as the Ibrox saga goes…

Edited by PortyBeach

28 minutes ago, PortyBeach said:

“Undercover Hobo”? Do tell…

As for the Dons fan, at least he doesn’t coming here slagging Hearts. And he seems to know his stuff as far as the Ibrox saga goes…

The sheep poster seems a decent chap 

A tad of slack for me as he is good fun 

2 hours ago, Boyces beard said:

And not one piece of turf dug on the phantom 'new stadium'. 

3 hours ago, Mikey1874 said:

And not one piece of turf dug on the phantom 'new stadium'. 

2025 .....maybe.

I just dont understand why they dont redevelop Pittodrie.

Forever Hearts
6 hours ago, Boyces beard said:

Plenty of original stuff there.👍

Bazzas right boot
6 hours ago, Boyces beard said:

Diverse. 

Bazzas right boot
44 minutes ago, Ked said:

2025 .....maybe.

I just dont understand why they dont redevelop Pittodrie.

Because it's beach front property. 

Costa del Aberdeen, worth loads. 

12 minutes ago, Smith's right boot said:

Because it's beach front property. 

Costa del Aberdeen, worth loads. 

Is that sarcasm?

If it was theyd have sold and rebuilt no?

Bazzas right boot
50 minutes ago, Ked said:

Is that sarcasm?

If it was theyd have sold and rebuilt no?

I dunno, it's land in the city next to the beach, probably worth more than in the middle of nowhere to house builders. 

Likley why at first they wanted to up sticks and build. 

I'm not sure Pittodrie has another 5 years left.  It's a crumbling shithole.  The away section is just seats that have been plonked on rotting terracing from years ago.  The newish goal end stand should have just been set aside for away fans.  Similar to Motherwell.  Not got much time for teams like Dunfermline/Airdrieonians etc but it's wrong that they have bankrupted themselves to upgrade their stadium while Aberdeen have done feck all in 30 odd years.

45 minutes ago, Randy Marsh said:

I'm not sure Pittodrie has another 5 years left.  It's a crumbling shithole.  The away section is just seats that have been plonked on rotting terracing from years ago.  The newish goal end stand should have just been set aside for away fans.  Similar to Motherwell.  Not got much time for teams like Dunfermline/Airdrieonians etc but it's wrong that they have bankrupted themselves to upgrade their stadium while Aberdeen have done feck all in 30 odd years.

Hopefully soon the safety certificate will restrict it to 10k. I mean Cormack doesn't want many fans anyway, so win-win for the 80s throwbacks?

8 hours ago, Randy Marsh said:

It’s similar to the situation we faced with the old stand at Tynecastle.

Aberdeen may have to resort to mothballing their old stand and use the rest of the ground if delays around a new stadium are prolonged.

Bazzas right boot
8 hours ago, Randy Marsh said:

I'm not sure Aberdeen has another 5 years left..

part_time_jambo
On 23/11/2016 at 14:36, Beast Boy said:

Does look quite Tony Macaroni. I think they will lose a fair bit of character with this thing. Pit-tawdry (one for the JKB veterans) is not an attractive stadium, but it is in an absolutely stunning location, and its historic and full of character.

Frankly everything about their proposed move reeks of mediocrity and decline. Aberdeen have been horseshit for so many years since their brief glory period, moving to new home will consign all of that to history. This is their Coventry/St Mirren moment approaching... and it ain't going to be cheap.

:pleasing:

Just looked at surroundings on Google Street View (look at me all tech savvy). I don't see anything stunning about the surroundings - mainly houses and pot holed streets just like any other town/city in the country.

• 4 months later...

£75 million ffs 🤣🤣🤣🤣

oh what a glorious week this has been. Totally Donald ducked 🤣🤣🤣

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/61169743

Dave Cormack says Aberdeen's new stadium will cost up to £75m - around £30m more than a previous estimate.

The Scottish Premiership club hope to move from Pittodrie to a new ground at Kingsford by 2025.

The chairman explained the cost of the project was estimated at £45m five years ago, but had risen because of inflation and increased material costs.

"Two things keep me awake at night - performances and how we solve this issue," Cormack told his club channel.

"The cost for us to build a quality stadium where we can uplift our income, our turnover - because we've got better facilities, because we're landlocked at Pittodrie - is going to be between £70 and £75m. 

"We can build a basic stadium for a lot less but we have employed some of the best people that do new stadiums in terms of evaluating what we should have and what the turnover can be.

"But if we want to build a quality stadium where we can uplift our income by £3m or £4m per year because we have better facilities then that is what it is going to take.

"We have to look at the cost of the land we get at Pittodrie. Grants are going to be important for us as well. We have said all along we want this to be a net zero stadium."

Edited by 1971fozzy

kingantti1874

£75 million.  Dave is on crack man 😂 

Aberdeen is a city on the decline. There is zero possibility this stadium happens

Pittodrie is an absolute embarrassing mess.

I'm loving the new owners of Aberdeen and Hibs.

At least Hibs will get decent dough from Asda or the likes.

Car boot sales at Pittodrie if its deemed safe enough.

😅😅😅

It’s a red herring. No way can they pay that. A club in terminal decline with an ever dwindling support. He didn’t want / expect (or to admit it) any more than 10,000 attendances not so long ago.  And he’s talking these figures 🤣🤣 no wonder he’s awake at night.

with Hibs and Aberdeen both being utter shambles and Dundee sleepwalking to relegation it’s just wonderful karma

Edited by 1971fozzy

Just now, 1971fozzy said:

They are as well biting the bullet and sharing with ICT

just where is @IveSeenTheLight ??? Come on our wee lamb. Where are you ?

The only light he is seeing is a great big express train coming down the track straight at his club. 

Nelly Terraces
15 minutes ago, 1971fozzy said:

£75 million ffs 🤣🤣🤣🤣

oh what a glorious week this has been. Totally Donald ducked 🤣🤣🤣

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/61169743

8 minutes ago, kingantti1874 said:

£75 million.  Dave is on crack man 😂 

Aberdeen is a city on the decline. There is zero possibility this stadium happens

2 minutes ago, Ked said:

Pittodrie is an absolute embarrassing mess.

I'm loving the new owners of Aberdeen and Hibs.

At least Hibs will get decent dough from Asda or the likes.

Car boot sales at Pittodrie if its deemed safe enough.

😅😅😅

Dunno about you fellas, but I'm actually pinching myself to see if this is all actually real & happening. The past 10 days since we stuck the vermin in the bottom 6 has been the stuff of dreams, this is just another cherry on top. Both them & the aforementioned verminous ones are giving us one laugh after another, both bottom 6 diddy clubs going nowhere all while Heart of Midlothian goes from strength to strength. It's just beautiful. :wub:

5 minutes ago, 1971fozzy said:

They are as well biting the bullet and sharing with ICT

just where is @IveSeenTheLight ??? Come on our wee lamb. Where are you ?

he will be sitting in the corner shaking and repeating "we are better than those jambos"

A good point made by a sheep on their forum 🤣🤣🤣

How much money has the club wasted over the past couple of decades on ‘feasibility studies’ planning & fancy video mock ups of new white elephant grounds? All that wasted cash could have been spent on playing budget.

Pretty sure I remember reading one year they had spent £600k on one of the planned projects 

6 minutes ago, Mikey1874 said:

Just setting the scene for player sales. 

6 minutes ago, neilnunb said:

Another charlatan conning a bunch of deluded arseholes.

Keep it up Dave. 😁

just loving these foreign owners. After all the ridicule we got from them. Tick Tock . Couldn’t happen to 2 more deserving clubs

RustyRightPeg

In my previous job a year or so back we were told the out of town stadium was scrapped as the Council want the football to stay in the centre of the city so were willing to give a grant to renovate Pittodrie instead.

The plan in Aberdeen is to spend a tonne doing up the waterfront and improve it. Be interesting to see what happens. 

8 minutes ago, Nelly Terraces said:

Dunno about you fellas, but I'm actually pinching myself to see if this is all actually real & happening. The past 10 days since we stuck the vermin in the bottom 6 has been the stuff of dreams, this is just another cherry on top. Both them & the aforementioned verminous ones are giving us one laugh after another, both bottom 6 diddy clubs going nowhere all while Heart of Midlothian goes from strength to strength. It's just beautiful. :wub:

It's great.

Was just on the phone to my mate .

And we were pishin ourselves at hibs.

As for Aberdeen their support are full of absolute ham shankers.