• IveSeenTheLight

• Beast Boy

• sadj

• Mikey1874

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

kingantti1874
4 minutes ago, RustyRightPeg said:

In my previous job a year or so back we were told the out of town stadium was scrapped as the Council want the football to stay in the centre of the city so were willing to give a grant to renovate Pittodrie instead.

The plan in Aberdeen is to spend a tonne doing up the waterfront and improve it. Be interesting to see what happens. 

will never happen. Country is near bankrupt. Will never ever get the funding

Bazzas right boot
37 minutes ago, 1971fozzy said:

£75 million ffs 🤣🤣🤣🤣

oh what a glorious week this has been. Totally Donald ducked 🤣🤣🤣

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/61169743

Dave Cormack says Aberdeen's new stadium will cost up to £75m - around £30m more than a previous estimate.

The Scottish Premiership club hope to move from Pittodrie to a new ground at Kingsford by 2025.

The chairman explained the cost of the project was estimated at £45m five years ago, but had risen because of inflation and increased material costs.

"Two things keep me awake at night - performances and how we solve this issue," Cormack told his club channel.

"The cost for us to build a quality stadium where we can uplift our income, our turnover - because we've got better facilities, because we're landlocked at Pittodrie - is going to be between £70 and £75m. 

"We can build a basic stadium for a lot less but we have employed some of the best people that do new stadiums in terms of evaluating what we should have and what the turnover can be.

"But if we want to build a quality stadium where we can uplift our income by £3m or £4m per year because we have better facilities then that is what it is going to take.

"We have to look at the cost of the land we get at Pittodrie. Grants are going to be important for us as well. We have said all along we want this to be a net zero stadium."

It will definitely be a net zero stadium. 

Net zero net zero that's all we hear from rich folks but quite happy to fly over the pond every so often for all different business stuff bunch of hypocrites 🙄

Edited by rory78

2 minutes ago, RustyRightPeg said:

In my previous job a year or so back we were told the out of town stadium was scrapped as the Council want the football to stay in the centre of the city so were willing to give a grant to renovate Pittodrie instead.

The plan in Aberdeen is to spend a tonne doing up the waterfront and improve it. Be interesting to see what happens. 

The longer it's left the dearer it becomes.

The price of steel has almost doubled in the last 12 months.

Hard Times for everyone but construction in commercial ventures will take a hit.

Housebuilding is going to be what keeps things going....for now.

As Kingantti says .

Aberdeen is in decline.

11 minutes ago, RustyRightPeg said:

can’t see Council giving them a penny when there is folk struggling to heat homes etc. can you imagine 😱 so what grants is he imagining getting to help fund a £75m stadium that is 16,000 capacity 🤣🤣 

Cormack is more deluded than that con man charlatan at the piggery.

Edited by 1971fozzy

Neverforgetfiveone
16 minutes ago, Nelly Terraces said:

Dunno about you fellas, but I'm actually pinching myself to see if this is all actually real & happening. The past 10 days since we stuck the vermin in the bottom 6 has been the stuff of dreams, this is just another cherry on top. Both them & the aforementioned verminous ones are giving us one laugh after another, both bottom 6 diddy clubs going nowhere all while Heart of Midlothian goes from strength to strength. It's just beautiful. :wub:

It ultimately comes down to a singular point! Not enough people care about those dug meat clubs! 

They say they are big clubs, they even believe it… but the facts don’t lie… 10k in the grounds each week… Hibs off the back of a third place finish and 2 cup finals cannot sell out an allocation for a semi final against their biggest rivals and that shower up the road getting 10k at home games… Their fans don’t show up, they don’t stand up for their clubs, don’t put their cash in so they get what they deserve! 

HMFC supporters are now seeing the fruits of their investment! 

You get two jokers in a deck and it’s those two! Utter mince!

1 minute ago, Morgan said:

How good a poster was the OP, by the way?

november 2016 🤣 It’s 2022. Have feeling this thread will be going on come 2026

Just now, 1971fozzy said:

november 2016 🤣 It’s 2022. Have feeling this thread will be going on come 2026

:thumbsup:

11 minutes ago, Ainsley Harriott said:

Imagine a team that get home crowds if 8k continplating spending that on a stadium

Absolutely hilarious.😆

38 minutes ago, suds66 said:

Absolutely hilarious.😆

A team of the best of hibs and the best of aberdeen combined would not win against a full Hearts team.

Just watched Cormacks hour long interview with Graham Hunter (YouTube).

OMG. They’ve sold 6,500 STs so far for next season …..but…. They sell under 16’s at £24 !!!

most ST they have ever sold is 9,000 in their history.

he looks a ghost. The weight of the world on his shoulders . 

The money they spunk on wages is mental given what they bring in. I’d hate to be in his shoes. So much riding on next season and in particular Goodwin

@IveSeenTheLight care to comment ?

Edited by 1971fozzy

How many years is it for the white elephant now? There’s actually more chance they build a stadium in the shape of an elephant than whatever pish Dave ‘No Ego’ Cormack’s coming out with now. 

Our stand cost upwards of £20m so their estimation of £75m might just be on the hopeful side.

Anyone know the capacity of this pie in the sky....?

2 hours ago, Nelly Terraces said:

Dunno about you fellas, but I'm actually pinching myself to see if this is all actually real & happening. The past 10 days since we stuck the vermin in the bottom 6 has been the stuff of dreams, this is just another cherry on top. Both them & the aforementioned verminous ones are giving us one laugh after another, both bottom 6 diddy clubs going nowhere all while Heart of Midlothian goes from strength to strength. It's just beautiful. :wub:

I was just thinking the same, Nelly.

This has been one of the best Hearts supporting fortnight's I've had. 

It's not even over yet.

Good times.

InternationalJambo
47 minutes ago, 1971fozzy said:

Just watched Cormacks hour long interview with Graham Hunter (YouTube).

OMG. They’ve sold 6,500 STs so far for next season …..but…. They sell under 16’s at £24 !!!

most ST they have ever sold is 9,000 in their history.

he looks a ghost. The weight of the world on his shoulders . 

The money they spunk on wages is mental given what they bring in. I’d hate to be in his shoes. So much riding on next season and in particular Goodwin

@IveSeenTheLight care to comment ?

Interesting, thanks for posting. He states at around 13:20 onwards that Aberdeen were having a final interview with a "top candidate" for the managers position, but states when they were on the zoom call on that final interview the "top candidate" stated "I have just accepted a role for another club in England". Looking at the manager appointments in the week before Stephen Glass was appointed reads as follows;

Lee Bowyer - Birmingham

Nigel Adkins - Charlton

Danny Cowley - Portsmouth

Hmmmm.....

Edited by InternationalJambo

Watt-Zeefuik
8 minutes ago, Section Q said:

Our stand cost upwards of £20m so their estimation of £75m might just be on the hopeful side.

Anyone know the capacity of this pie in the sky....?

A lot of the cost of our stand was in the stuff under the seats—offices, training, changing, bootroom, etc.

At the time ours was built, we probably spent £10-12m on the inside stuff and £8m on just under 5000 or so for seats, concourses, toilets, and other stuff for general fans. My guess is the cost per seat has gone up quite a lot (as has everything else). I think they're aiming for 20k seats, so it probably comes out to £40m for general seating, £5-10m for hospitality and other fan-focused facilities, £20m offices, catering, changing, training, etc., and £5-10m for site prep. So no, I don't think £75m is far off.

I do think it's absurd to build out on the outskirts of town. The one the council wants on the beach strikes me as a far better option, even if it's still on the delusional side. At least it would be part of regenerating Aberdeen rather than throwing something out in the suburbs.

On 21/04/2022 at 09:38, Led Tasso said:

A lot of the cost of our stand was in the stuff under the seats—offices, training, changing, bootroom, etc.

At the time ours was built, we probably spent £10-12m on the inside stuff and £8m on just under 5000 or so for seats, concourses, toilets, and other stuff for general fans. My guess is the cost per seat has gone up quite a lot (as has everything else). I think they're aiming for 20k seats, so it probably comes out to £40m for general seating, £5-10m for hospitality and other fan-focused facilities, £20m offices, catering, changing, training, etc., and £5-10m for site prep. So no, I don't think £75m is far off.

I do think it's absurd to build out on the outskirts of town. The one the council wants on the beach strikes me as a far better option, even if it's still on the delusional side. At least it would be part of regenerating Aberdeen rather than throwing something out in the suburbs.

Thanks for that.

Agree Aberdeen badly needs regeneration. Can also see council's point in wanting the new stadium to be part of the city. The length of time it's taken to get to this stage must also have been a factor in blow out costs. Our new stand was discussed/agreed/planned/built, in a fraction of this time. Shows what can happen when fans/club/council, all work together.

7 hours ago, InternationalJambo said:

Interesting, thanks for posting. He states at around 13:20 onwards that Aberdeen were having a final interview with a "top candidate" for the managers position, but states when they were on the zoom call on that final interview the "top candidate" stated "I have just accepted a role for another club in England". Looking at the manager appointments in the week before Stephen Glass was appointed reads as follows;

Lee Bowyer - Birmingham

Nigel Adkins - Charlton

Hmmmm.....

Cowley was linked with Aberdeen at the time

8 hours ago, InternationalJambo said:

Lee Bowyer - Birmingham

Nigel Adkins - Charlton

Hmmmm.....

Just read that. A true hibd it moment for them!!

£75 million for a 16K capacity stadium, WOW. Cormack quoted earlier this season said he was targeting 15K season tickets.  I fear for Cormack and Aberdeen.

While their and the vermins issues are hilarious for a decent standard of League both teams should be competing in the top 6 ahead of Well and County. The Verministas and sheep fans must be raging.

Pleasing though.

indianajones
1 minute ago, EIEIO said:

£75 million for a 16K capacity stadium, WOW. Cormack quoted earlier this season said he was targeting 15K season tickets.  I fear for Cormack and Aberdeen.

While their and the vermins issues are hilarious for a decent standard of League both teams should be competing in the top 6 ahead of Well and County. The Verministas and sheep fans must be raging.

Pleasing though.

A lot of the fans are massively disconnected from the club just now. Whenever i speak to one of them they just seem so lethargic. 

Bazzas right boot
17 minutes ago, EIEIO said:

Pleasing though.

Yeah, it's not good for any team making the league tighter, interesting or more competitive. 

However, for us cementing 3rd and for the bantz it's very good. 

Ainsley Harriott
12 hours ago, suds66 said:

Absolutely hilarious.😆

Based on my calculations it will take around 400 home matches for the stadium to pay for itself before taking into account running costs. 

Bazzas right boot
1 minute ago, Ainsley Harriott said:

Based on my calculations it will take around 400 home matches for the stadium to pay for itself before taking into account running costs. 

Surely they'll get a wad of that from the sale of the current land, grants, investment etc. 

It won't all be on tic. 

7 hours ago, Section Q said:

Thanks for that.

Agree Aberdeen badly needs regeneration. Can also see council's point in wanting the new stadium to be part of the city. The length of time it's taken to get to this stage must also have been a factor in blow out costs. Our new stand was discussed/agreed/planned/built, in a fraction of this time. Shows what can happen when fans/club/council, all work together.

If Aberdeen hold out for the out of town site then they lose an ally and a lot of goodwill. 

Which could hurt them if they ever hit problems in the future. 

Having the Council on side was certainly helpful a times down the years for Hearts. 

1 hour ago, Bazzas right boot said:

Yeah, it's not good for any team making the league tighter, interesting or more competitive. 

However, for us cementing 3rd and for the bantz it's very good. 

Agreed.

1 hour ago, EIEIO said:

Pleasing though.

My reading of the Cormack statement is that they are/were going for a state of the art stadium within the budget available to them. So, there should be room for compromise but reducing the spec of the stadium might mean losing out on the additional revenue they thought they'd get (not sure what he means here : hospitality ? concerts ?)

There's no way they're building this stadium in the near future : Covid has pushed the price of everything through the roof so expect another couple of years delay IMO. At least. 

Unknown user

Ron thinks he needs to come up with more ways of squeezing money out the fans, while Cormack's fanboy dreams will prevent him from seeing realty for what it is.

There are a hundred obvious reasons why that stadium wasn't going to happen and they could have saved a fortune, loads of time and fan enthusiasm for the whole thing.

£75m, and that's assuming nothing goes wrong- what if they have to spend double their expected budget too?

8YYviUy.gif

If its £75 million now it's over £100 million by the time they get started. 

Still confusing about the new beech site. 

7 minutes ago, Smithee said:

Give it 5 years, it'll be us and Kelty Hearts fighting it out at the top

Cove Rangers could use Pittodrie as top side in region. 

19 minutes ago, Smithee said:

Give it 5 years, it'll be us and Kelty Hearts fighting it out at the top

Cove Rangers and Queens Park will be up there too 😂

Edited by Stu_HMFC

Lone Striker
10 minutes ago, Stu_HMFC said:

Cove Rangers and Queens Park will be up there too 😂

Give it 10 years, and our big derby fixture will be against Bonnyrigg Rose.   😉

buzzbomb1958
6 hours ago, indianajones said:

Aberdeens new stadium is complete fantasy. 

I totally agree I think you gain entry through a wardrobe 

Chuck Berry

£75m and probably 5 years at the earliest before a spade is in the ground, try £100m+  Brexit is still to bite hard on costs, unpredictable Russia situation etc.

How much is the land Pittodrie sits on worth when you consider the demolition costs, £5m?

There is no grant money in Scottish football, not a red cent. If they go down the green route how much would that open up from Govt, I really don't know, but not £100m

It's fantasy.

I'm just glad we got the new main stand built before costs spiraled even more taking it out of reach.

Edited by Chuck Berry

Konrad von Carstein
12 minutes ago, sirwalter said:

One wonders where today's news concerning the Stewart Milne Group features in the picture?

What news is that?

2 minutes ago, Konrad von Carstein said:

What news is that?

Milne announces retirement and company, which has been losing money, up for sale.

Cruickie's Moustache

I know we all joke about our rival's ground down Leith way but Edinburgh is lucky to have three major stadiums all within a decent distance from the city centre. Even the new Meadowbank isn't that far out. Decent public transport links, pubs and eateries a plenty on the way to the grounds.

When you consider the crap you have to put up with at Hampden (especially getting away from the place) and that Ibrox and Celtic Park are not easy journeys either, it is a joy attending sports events in the capital.

The site for a potential Aberdeen stadium outside the city would be a total disaster for them IMHO. If you are not familiar with the site it would be murder to get to other than travelling by car and using the new AWPR road. All I can see is long queues trying to get out of any proposed car parking.

Close to the city centre must be the way forward to make the venue attractive to fans outwith their die-hards but, as others have discussed, can it currently be afforded by a club that is struggling at present.

11 hours ago, indianajones said:

A lot of the fans are massively disconnected from the club just now. Whenever i speak to one of them they just seem so lethargic. 

They are always like that aren’t they?

indianajones
1 minute ago, sadj said:

They are always like that aren’t they?

True but seems even more so in the past year or so. 

Stuck in the past.