New Stand: Ongoing work (updated)

Clerry Jambo

11 minutes ago, Mikey1874 said:

Not a new issue it seems

That was before they fitted perspex "housing" over the press tables to keep them dry. Nothing to do with the roof - it was the wind direction that evening. It was back in 2017 v Dundee.

sidjamesbottle
On 23/01/2019 at 17:23, kila said:

From Hearts twitter:

DxnKLlzX4AANxzo.thumb.jpg.4aa5d1c55ff571d36b380608f9f2d57a.jpg

Would be nice to finish off the ends of the stand with something like Bournemouth have  done well down the list of things to be done i suppose

8 minutes ago, sidjamesbottle said:

Would be nice to finish off the ends of the stand with something like Bournemouth have  done well down the list of things to be done i suppose

What did Bournemouth do?

2 hours ago, XB52 said:

We were about the last ones out so there were 7000 other lucky ones?

I sat in the main stand for the first time in the normal seats (as in not hospitality) for the game against Livingston. I want to say it was section Q, and I know for a fact that it was row 31. It took me a good 10 to 12 minutes to get onto the concourse and this was after somebody opened one of the doors at the top of the stand which, by the looks of the tools lying around, wasn't supposed to have been opened.

I normally sit in the bottom of the Wheatfield in the seat right next to the stair and it takes me less than 90 seconds to hit the stairs leading to Wheatfield Road. My girlfriends grandad who I drive to and from the games with sits in the upper section of the Wheatfield and he's out in about 4 or 5 minutes. The new stand is without a doubt very slow to clear in comparison ot the Wheatfield.

I've said it before though, if you are desperate to get out quickly then buy a seat near the stairs and leave bang on the whistle.

On ‎23‎/‎01‎/‎2019 at 17:23, kila said:

From Hearts twitter:

DxnKLlzX4AANxzo.thumb.jpg.4aa5d1c55ff571d36b380608f9f2d57a.jpg

Never ever thought I'd say the day when this cracker was built at Tynecastle - simple design, clean lines and pure class!

2 minutes ago, Cruickshank for Scotland said:

What did Bournemouth do?

They have big posters covering the metal walls of the stands I think. Pictures of players etc. so you're not just looking at some metal sheets.

We used to have similar but on a smaller and more washed out scale! Think "Judas" used to be up there is my memory serves.

2 hours ago, Squirt said:

I sat in the main stand for the first time in the normal seats (as in not hospitality) for the game against Livingston. I want to say it was section Q, and I know for a fact that it was row 31. It took me a good 10 to 12 minutes to get onto the concourse and this was after somebody opened one of the doors at the top of the stand which, by the looks of the tools lying around, wasn't supposed to have been opened.

I normally sit in the bottom of the Wheatfield in the seat right next to the stair and it takes me less than 90 seconds to hit the stairs leading to Wheatfield Road. My girlfriends grandad who I drive to and from the games with sits in the upper section of the Wheatfield and he's out in about 4 or 5 minutes. The new stand is without a doubt very slow to clear in comparison ot the Wheatfield.

I've said it before though, if you are desperate to get out quickly then buy a seat near the stairs and leave bang on the whistle.

I sit right at a staircase and it is quicker to go the other way, right along a row of seats!! It's the Directors' bit as mentioned above, that causes the problem

Edited by jambali

4 hours ago, Squirt said:

They have big posters covering the metal walls of the stands I think. Pictures of players etc. so you're not just looking at some metal sheets.

We used to have similar but on a smaller and more washed out scale! Think "Judas" used to be up there is my memory serves.

tynecastle_top.jpg

4 hours ago, Cruickshank for Scotland said:

Never ever thought I'd say the day when this cracker was built at Tynecastle - simple design, clean lines and pure class!

Fully agreeing with you twice in 2 minutes.  I still find it hard to believe.  Still seems that just a few months earlier we were in grave danger of going out of business.

12 minutes ago, DETTY29 said:

tynecastle_top.jpg

Those are the ones.

struggling to remember the big one in the Wheatfield mind you it was the white ones I was picturing.

looks class and must be pretty quick and cheap to do.

4 minutes ago, Squirt said:

Those are the ones.

struggling to remember the big one in the Wheatfield mind you it was the white ones I was picturing.

Id just go all maroon, but would spray painting be cheaper?

A_A wehatethehibs
26 minutes ago, DETTY29 said:

tynecastle_top.jpg

Literally just get the same tarpaulin posters from the wheatfield in this image, but in all Maroon with the all white HMFC badge. Would look superb. Could even mix it up on the 8 different walls, use old versions of the club crest like the one use the 2014 WW1 tribute home top. 

4 hours ago, sidjamesbottle said:

Finish the ends - easy fill the corners!!

10 hours ago, Notts1874 said:

Part of the old lady has ended up in a boozer.

C__Data_Users_DefApps_AppData_INTERNETEXPLORER_Temp_Saved Images_DyL72JnXQAYjDpw.jpg

Wow that's pretty cool.

I wonder how much money the club made from selling bits of the old stand.

35 minutes ago, Dallas Green said:

Wow that's pretty cool.

I wonder how much money the club made from selling bits of the old stand.

Looks great. Not quite sure why there's a pic of the old shed there though, wouldn't think there would be any wood from there.

PS. Great to see it though, memories.:loved:

Edited by whodanny

18 hours ago, Squirt said:

Think if we ever did something along these lines again they need to only have retired players who have proven to be true Jambos - such as Bauld, Mackay, Cruickshank, Ford, Robertson.

14 hours ago, Kiwidoug said:

Fully agreeing with you twice in 2 minutes.  I still find it hard to believe.  Still seems that just a few months earlier we were in grave danger of going out of business.

Going by the OP, in November 2016 we were only just discussing the announcement that the new stand would be built.

That was less than two and a half years ago!  Despite all the flak about the stand being late, that is an incredible achievement.

Francis Albert
On ‎30‎/‎01‎/‎2019 at 20:08, Squirt said:

Those are the ones.

Much prefer the clean uncluttered look. Pictures look cheap. And even maroon paint could look a bit gloomy.

Dave McCreery's knee

I wish we would get rid of the G4S tarpaulins. Hate them. Assume we get some revenue from them for advertising, or a discount off our stewarding bill. Would love to know how much to see if there was a way of “outbidding” G4S and replacing with plain maroon or hearts related tarp. 

26 minutes ago, Francis Albert said:

Much prefer the clean uncluttered look. Pictures look cheap. And even maroon paint could look a bit gloomy.

Depends how much you spend on them. If you commission decent photography/design and use more durable materials they could look ace.

I was never a fan of those shitty legends' banners though. They got mucky very quickly.

The Treasurer
52 minutes ago, Dave McCreery's knee said:

I wish we would get rid of the G4S tarpaulins. Hate them. Assume we get some revenue from them for advertising, or a discount off our stewarding bill. Would love to know how much to see if there was a way of “outbidding” G4S and replacing with plain maroon or hearts related tarp. 

Agreed.

I'm sure the club could come up with a better alternative to what is in effect, a big advert for a shite security company

On 01/02/2019 at 12:37, Dave McCreery's knee said:

Crowd fund something from Kickback.

A big "kickback's for arseholes" banner/tarp would be great. 

:flag1:

On ‎01‎/‎02‎/‎2019 at 12:37, Dave McCreery's knee said:

<---Good Guys

Bad Guys --->

Would look quite cool.

Of course Bad Guys could be replace by Tramps, Scum, Vermin... depending on who we were playing. :innocent:

Lord Beni of Gorgie
On ‎01‎/‎02‎/‎2019 at 09:15, kila said:

From @weePhotosEdin twitter:

DyTuWOmWkAIzQwD.jpg

Atmospheric pic, just like the Old Lady herself. The sunset the city lights, bit of cloud and Tynie twinkling in the midst of it all

2 hours ago, Sir Gio said:

Atmospheric pic, just like the Old Lady herself. The sunset the city lights, bit of cloud and Tynie twinkling in the midst of it all

That is the new stand

On 30/01/2019 at 08:22, Selkirkhmfc1874 said:

All stations go just now in changing rooms and rooftop restaurant 

On 30/01/2019 at 10:37, wavydavy said:

I thought AB was still to make her mind up about whether we were having a rooftop restaurant? Is that what it is going to be?

Heard last night the restaurant had been ditched in favour of more lounges.

• 2 weeks later...
On 07/02/2019 at 14:33, Tiger said:

Heard last night the restaurant had been ditched in favour of more lounges.

So long as the final choice is the one that creates the most revenue then fine.

• 2 months later...
7 minutes ago, kila said:

New tunnel and changing rooms in use for Rangers game?

Really.... some good gossip right there! 

Thanks

15 minutes ago, kila said:

New tunnel and changing rooms in use for Rangers game?

Don't think so, they were still working in there yesterday .

There's been a lot of painting work done on the concourses in the main stand, looks really good and brings a more complete feel to the place.  Interesting designs too.

rudi must stay
1 hour ago, jamboinglasgow said:

The most important thing, when are the screens going up?

I would think never