Paint the walls of Tynecastle?

kila

Walls as they are now or painted maroon?  

442 members have voted

1. 1. Which do you prefer?

• As they are now
    • Painted maroon

• Replies 145
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• kila

• Bazzas right boot

• davemclaren

• Elmore

I'd like us to hang a load of supporter's club flags, 'ultras-style' signs and better-designed legends banners in those corner sections.

Could get hertz-minded designers to help design some flags and with some proper art direction would look pretty cool imho.

Bring on the naysayers!

I don't know how feasible it would be but a mural style painting over each corner (sort of like the pressley et al banners we used to have). Could vote on each one.. Could even just use banners?

NB. Blackie with the 'paint this place maroon' is a must.

So is the Beattie.

46 minutes ago, El Diez said:

Maroon.

Along with the trusses.

I quite like the trusses white to contrast the maroon. Id like to see some murals of ex players or famous moments painted or projected onto the outsides of the stands esp the roseburn for home games. 

Famous 1874
48 minutes ago, Gershwin said:

I'd like us to hang a load of supporter's club flags, 'ultras-style' signs and better-designed legends banners in those corner sections.

Could get hertz-minded designers to help design some flags and with some proper art direction would look pretty cool imho.

Bring on the naysayers!

Like the idea.

I think it's Bournemouth that have 'legends' and historic club images on the ends and it looks great. Surely this has to be given consideration. At the very least paint it/board it off to make them maroon.

Bring Back Paulo Sergio
42 minutes ago, Hearty said:

Stick to maroon and white, where the hell did the red come from???

Correct.

TorinoJambo
1 hour ago, Gershwin said:

Bring on the naysayers!

I've been of that opinion for years. It looks great and let's everybody know we have fans from all over.

WalterWhite
2 hours ago, kila said:

Paint the place maroon?

001.jpg.3581b8fb1936571047964909e85d6975.jpg

002.jpg.8bf562b1713377c4953c039f83352a34.jpg

Would look good . Am sick of this the old Strongbow sponsor kept the hearts badge.

Screenshot_20180625-204757.png

Jambos_1874

Picture of Robbo/Rudi/Foster/deVries scoring against the Hibees in each corner please. Also, mow the grass on the new pitch in such a way that you can see Vlad's face.

stuthejambo

Maroon, makes the stands look more enclosed.

Would painting the trusses under the floodlights maroon as well be too much?

5 minutes ago, stuthejambo said:

Maroon, makes the stands look more enclosed.

Would painting the trusses under the floodlights maroon as well be too much?

Aye, they should be painted pure brilliant white. 

Any news on the mural that was going to be painted onto the gable end of the tenement outside the main stand?

That would look wonderful and finish it off.

Romanov Stole My Pension
3 hours ago, Gershwin said:

Bring on the naysayers!

I like the idea

Arnold Rothstein
32 minutes ago, Australis...... said:

Any news on the mural that was going to be painted onto the gable end of the tenement outside the main stand?

That would look wonderful and finish it off.

I big mural would look great - really hope it comes to fruition.

I would vote for this.

image.thumb.png.1235216566021640a6e46413c24a7f7e.png

All roads lead to Gorgie

I would like to see all the steel work painted white as it would make everything nicely balanced. Our colours are maroon and white after all and all maroon would be a bit much in my opinion!

Howdy Doody Jambo
1 minute ago, All roads lead to Gorgie said:

I would like to see all the steel work painted white as it would make everything nicely balanced. Our colours are maroon and white after all and all maroon would be a bit much in my opinion!

Health and safety issue surely, what painter would take that job on, scaffolding, a big ladder, a few cones and all the area to tape off, could be too windy to have a cuppa tea on them trusses 

All roads lead to Gorgie
22 minutes ago, Old Castle Rock said:

Health and safety issue surely, what painter would take that job on, scaffolding, a big ladder, a few cones and all the area to tape off, could be too windy to have a cuppa tea on them trusses 

I suppose if they huddle together things will be OK 5b3162a4f3afe_download(3).jpg.0746ebf25040793621ec1fefa2b97b43.jpg

Shanks said no
1 hour ago, Arnold Rothstein said:

I big mural would look great - really hope it comes to fruition.

I would vote for this.

image.thumb.png.1235216566021640a6e46413c24a7f7e.png

This

davemclaren

3 of the current stands have been up for over 20 years and the old main stand was up for around 100 without the need to paint the walls maroon. ??‍♂️

3 hours ago, Jambos_1874 said:

Picture of Robbo/Rudi/Foster/deVries scoring against the Hibees in each corner please. Also, mow the grass on the new pitch in such a way that you can see Vlad's face.

Wallace Mercer's face would be better. 

You can have too much of a good thing. I’d keep it as is or maybe board it for legends murals or pics of crowd cheering etc.

11 hours ago, WalterWhite said:

Would look good . Am sick of this the old Strongbow sponsor kept the hearts badge.

? based on recent events you might just see it re-instated.

Harry Potter
12 hours ago, Jambos_1874 said:

:laugh:

Would love to see the inside walls painted maroon but the trusses all being painted white would be more pressing for me.

Phil Dunphy
17 hours ago, Gershwin said:

Bring on the naysayers!

We should 100% be getting some legend banners back up. 

Bungalow Bill
15 hours ago, WalterWhite said:

I'd be happy if they just removed the ridiculous half-complete sign from the side of the stand.

More important to paint the floodlights and Truss from all stands a nice brand new gleaming white instead of 20 year old faded pink.

johnking123

It would make inside the stands to dark. Painting the supports white should be our main priority and jet washing the back of the Roseburn stand! 

16 minutes ago, Apache Mal said:

I'd be happy if they just removed the ridiculous half-complete sign from the side of the stand.

Agreed.  Lots of small things needing done in the other stands.  Replacing the seats that are sun worn also.  Will be immense when all done.

It should have been ten
17 hours ago, Hearty said:

Stick to maroon and white, where the hell did the red come from???

This!!!!

It should have been ten
7 minutes ago, johnking123 said:

It would make inside the stands to dark. Painting the supports white should be our main priority and jet washing the back of the Roseburn stand! 

Should jet wash the whole roseburn stand after the hobos and weegies have been in it. 

All roads lead to Gorgie

Let's say to today's team,  win us some trophies and you will go up on the walls as new legends. A bit extra incentive to get us back truly challenging again. Maybe. 

siegementality
12 hours ago, davemclaren said:

3 of the current stands have been up for over 20 years and the old main stand was up for around 100 without the need to paint the walls maroon. ??‍♂️

Times change.