New Stand: Ongoing work (updated)

Clerry Jambo

3 minutes ago, sairyinthat said:

Will have to wait a bit for that if Craigs comment in todays Scotsman is any judge,maybe change that to May seems to be his buzz word today May not be any more signings May concentrate on finishing stand work. Just May.

Didn’t think it was possible for me to despise the unpleasant old dick more...

88ED3EA0-6756-4DEB-BF5F-24F5995D7F2E.jpeg

Edited by Glib and Shameless Crier

2 minutes ago, Glib and Shameless Crier said:

Didn’t think it was possible for me to despise the dick more...

Hah Gonny no May that.

Bungalow Bill
30 minutes ago, McCrae said:

Looking forward to all of the exits at the top being opened up.  Will make a big difference in getting out of the stadium.

I was speaking to a Hearts employee who was monitoring 'people movement' on the main course concourse on Sunday. I asked him about the exits at the back and he said fans wouldn't get to use these. He also indicated that the kiosk directly under the stand towards the Roseburn end won't be getting used in the future due to the bottleneck it creates for folk trying to get to the toilets etc.

1 minute ago, sairyinthat said:

Hah Gonny no May that.

Gladly. Wouldn’t even fling it at her from distance. :yucky:

41 minutes ago, Apache Mal said:

I was speaking to a Hearts employee who was monitoring 'people movement' on the main course concourse on Sunday. I asked him about the exits at the back and he said fans wouldn't get to use these. He also indicated that the kiosk directly under the stand towards the Roseburn end won't be getting used in the future due to the bottleneck it creates for folk trying to get to the toilets etc.

Sounds about right...

46 minutes ago, Apache Mal said:

That's really disappointing about the exits at the top not being used. It takes ages to get out of the main stand, real pain 

51 minutes ago, Apache Mal said:

I was speaking to a Hearts employee who was monitoring 'people movement' on the main course concourse on Sunday. I asked him about the exits at the back and he said fans wouldn't get to use these.

Don't see a problem with that - there are no exits at the back of the Wheatfield either.

6 hours ago, pwphillips said:

The exit doors at the top of the main stand were opened at the end of the Livingston match on Sunday. 

Were they??  As these exits lead directly to the upper Skyline lounge area I didn't think they were to be used as general exits.

11 minutes ago, Cruickshank for Scotland said:

Don't see a problem with that - there are no exits at the back of the Wheatfield either.

Indeed. ?

1 minute ago, Glib and Shameless Crier said:

Nae directors box and a couple of thousand less fans Annaw...

Curry on sale though. ?

4 minutes ago, davemclaren said:

?

Not sure what the smiley is all about... Shitey English *******isations of good cuisine. ?

Edited by Glib and Shameless Crier

first time in the new stand last Sunday and it probably took 2 minutes longer to get out of than then other stands. Hardly making a difference to my quality of life

22 minutes ago, Cruickshank for Scotland said:

Were they??  As these exits lead directly to the upper Skyline lounge area I didn't think they were to be used as general exits.

They don’t go directly into the lounge,the stairs are outside the lounge .

8 minutes ago, Glib and Shameless Crier said:

Not sure what the smiley is all about... Shitey English *******isations of good cuisine. ?

Perhaps but I still like it. 

8 minutes ago, davemclaren said:

Perhaps but I still like it. 

Fair enough. Some people like Coldplay and Sweetcorn. :yucky:

Ever had proper Punjabi food? ?

10 minutes ago, Glib and Shameless Crier said:

Fair enough. Some people like Coldplay and Sweetcorn. :yucky:

Ever had proper Punjabi food? ?

Don’t think I have to be honest. 

Just now, davemclaren said:

Don’t think I have to be honest. 

It’s really nice. If you like the shitty ‘Indian food’ that the vast majority of British ‘Indian restaurants’ sell, then you will most likely experience a cullinary coup.

Mother India is the best place to try if you are based in Edinburgh... other than my mother in law’s house. ?

2 hours ago, Apache Mal said:

On Sunday fans used the top exit near section R. Not sure if they were meant too.  

2 hours ago, fabienleclerq said:

Is there many ? I dunno why but I thought there was only 2?

I think there maybe atleast 6 maybe more... not sure.

45 minutes ago, Glib and Shameless Crier said:

It’s really nice. If you like the shitty ‘Indian food’ that the vast majority of British ‘Indian restaurants’ sell, then you will most likely experience a cullinary coup.

Mother India is the best place to try if you are based in Edinburgh... other than my mother in law’s house. ?

?

What’s work is currently being done? What can we expect to see done the 2nd half of this season in the ground? Anyone in the know? 

4 hours ago, Mdoug79 said:

What’s work is currently being done? What can we expect to see done the 2nd half of this season in the ground? Anyone in the know? 

People up on the roof on Monday. ??‍♂️

4 hours ago, Mdoug79 said:

People up on the roof on Monday. ??‍♂️

Selkirkhmfc1874
8 minutes ago, I.T.K said:

Is work still going on slowly or has it completely stopped?

Lots joinery , electrical work going on fitting out changing rooms etc

34 minutes ago, Selkirkhmfc1874 said:

Lots joinery , electrical work going on fitting out changing rooms etc

It is expected  we will run out new tunnel a couple of games this season.

Clark Griswold

Was in the main reception for the first time before kick off - the new mosaic is a thing of beauty, even better seeing it in person.

Mid Calder Jambo
1 hour ago, Clark Griswold said:

Was in the main reception for the first time before kick off - the new mosaic is a thing of beauty, even better seeing it in person.

Main reception is just class.  It's like a 5 star hotel. Was in there for A war of two halves.

Great to hear! Love seeing things progress it’s a thing of beauty and the extra revenue the stand will give us will be a massive boost. I hope an awa fans bar or something is considered for match days to milk as much money from other clubs fans as we can . ??

2 hours ago, Selkirkhmfc1874 said:

All stations go just now in changing rooms and rooftop restaurant 

I thought AB was still to make her mind up about whether we were having a rooftop restaurant? Is that what it is going to be?

Great to hear! Love seeing things progress it’s a thing of beauty and the extra revenue the stand will give us will be a massive boost. I hope an awa fans bar or something is considered for match days to milk as much money from other clubs fans as we can . ??

On 23/01/2019 at 13:44, sairyinthat said:

Will have to wait a bit for that if Craigs comment in todays Scotsman is any judge,maybe change that to May seems to be his buzz word today May not be any more signings May concentrate on finishing stand work. Just May.

Did he mention Theresa?

On 23/01/2019 at 15:12, XB52 said:

first time in the new stand last Sunday and it probably took 2 minutes longer to get out of than then other stands. Hardly making a difference to my quality of life

You were lucky

letsmakesomenoise
20 minutes ago, XB52 said:

We were about the last ones out so there were 7000 other lucky ones?

Its worse in the middle sections, where half the stairs are closed off to the paying punter so the Directors and their guests can exit without mixing with the proles.  Bad design, should have their own exit in the middle.  Guess it could still be created.

Wrote to the club re the “rain” last week, still awaiting a reply.  Personally think it was condensation, but it would be good to know what the issue was, and what if anything they can do about it.

6 minutes ago, letsmakesomenoise said:

Wrote to the club re the “rain” last week, still awaiting a reply.  Personally think it was condensation, but it would be good to know what the issue was, and what if anything they can do about it.

image.png.c32ac69877d72b49ddca90ff987c37de.png