New Stand: Ongoing work (updated)

Clerry Jambo

On 05/12/2018 at 14:45, davemclaren said:

Is there any work actually happening on the stand at the moment?

Aye.

Ground floor - changing rooms, physio suite, press room, etc.

Top floor - restaurant

2nd floor - still in planning

PeterintheRain

The main question is when are they going to let spectators leave down the stairs?  Given that we're not interfering with anybody in hospitality why the delay in opening them up?  Unless they don't actually reach all the way to the ground.  Given that our architect was a total  arsehead there is always that possibility.

3 minutes ago, PeterintheRain said:

The main question is when are they going to let spectators leave down the stairs?  Given that we're not interfering with anybody in hospitality why the delay in opening them up?  Unless they don't actually reach all the way to the ground.  Given that our architect was a total  arsehead there is always that possibility.

Or it might involve going through as yet unfinished floors. I’m sure it’s their top priority. ?

4 hours ago, PeterintheRain said:

When you are entering at concourse level you can see the stairs to upper levels are in place put not finished to a safe standard for use.That is probably the reason they are cordoned of.

Francis Albert
10 hours ago, Jambos_1874 said:

I wonder if the second floor could be used as a.conference facility? Then on match days it could be used for hospitality.

I think the first bit is right. But whether we need more hospitality on top of the sky lounge as it once was called is questionable. We decided to drop another Gorgie Suite type facility in the new stand in favour of the conference and meeting facility idea.

Edited by Francis Albert

rudi must stay
10 hours ago, Jambos_1874 said:

I wonder if the second floor could be used as a.conference facility? Then on match days it could be used for hospitality.

I heard a gym. Would be good for the community, also the initial rumour was a dentist. Huge space as AB said, could have both 

15 minutes ago, rudi must stay said:

I heard a gym. Would be good for the community, also the initial rumour was a dentist. Huge space as AB said, could have both 

Let me be the first to suggest that watching Hearts something feels like getting your teeth pulled out.

1 hour ago, rudi must stay said:

The dentist was originally going where the 1874 Bar is now.

14 hours ago, rudi must stay said:

Never heard of either. Seems bizarre to think that a football stand will have a nursery and possibly a dentist and a gym in it!! Definitely the way forward though - we need to maximise income as much as possible!!

rudi must stay
3 minutes ago, Jambos_1874 said:

Never heard of either. Seems bizarre to think that a football stand will have a nursery and possibly a dentist and a gym in it!! Definitely the way forward though - we need to maximise income as much as possible!!

With Ann Budge it could be a library. That would be good for the community. As you say, changed days

32 minutes ago, Jambos_1874 said:

Hibs bar behind their stand closed and reopened as a dentist. It has since returned to being a bar.

4 minutes ago, hughesie27 said:

Hibs bar behind their stand closed and reopened as a dentist. It has since returned to being a bar.

Is that because Hibees have no teeth to maintain?

• 3 weeks later...

Was thinking about the decision to regenerate Meadowbank instead of building a new facility at Sighthill today. I think this was a real shame for the west of the city, and for an area that has been badly neglected in the last two decades whilst millions have been flung at the shore, Leith and Granton. What a boon it would have been for an area that is badly in need of a boost.

Now that HMFC and the people involved in the Union Canal area, Oriam, and Fountain Park have been the only groups in recent times to do anything for leisure and social enterprise west of Haymarket, I find myself thinking more and more about the land directly behind the Wheatfield stand. If we were ever able to purchase the distillery pitch and some of the land around it, then what a community facility we could build out the back of our stadium. If we were ever able to demolish the Wheatfield Stand and build a stand that has a larger capacity facing our pitch, but also had a smaller but not insignificant seated facility facing out on to a community pitch and sports facilities, then what a great boost it wouldn’t be for the Gorgie and adjoining areas. 

56 minutes ago, Glib and Shameless Crier said:

Was thinking about the decision to regenerate Meadowbank instead of building a new facility at Sighthill today. I think this was a real shame for the west of the city, and for an area that has been badly neglected in the last two decades whilst millions have been flung at the shore, Leith and Granton. What a boon it would have been for an area that is badly in need of a boost.

Now that HMFC and the people involved in the Union Canal area, Oriam, and Fountain Park have been the only groups in recent times to do anything for leisure and social enterprise west of Haymarket, I find myself thinking more and more about the land directly behind the Wheatfield stand. If we were ever able to purchase the distillery pitch and some of the land around it, then what a community facility we could build out the back of our stadium. If we were ever able to demolish the Wheatfield Stand and build a stand that has a larger capacity facing our pitch, but also had a smaller but not insignificant seated facility facing out on to a community pitch and sports facilities, then what a great boost it wouldn’t be for the Gorgie and adjoining areas. 

On 22/12/2018 at 21:44, Dunks said:

The dentist was originally going where the 1874 Bar is now.

A gym, a dentist my god it’s a Football stadium. Wedding venues, conferences, birthday parties ect ect. We have a TV studio that could be expanded with the help of Napier Uni. Immagination is a great thing but these facilities are there to make money.

1 hour ago, Mikey1874 said:

Think the current stadium and facilities manager (can’t remember his name) spoke, and spoke well, at the agm. . Has he left? Would be a shame as he seemed very competent and knowledgeable and certainly seemed to have Mrs Budges confidence. 

6 minutes ago, soonbe110 said:

Think the current stadium and facilities manager (can’t remember his name) spoke, and spoke well, at the agm. . Has he left? Would be a shame as he seemed very competent and knowledgeable and certainly seemed to have Mrs Budges confidence. 

Was that not the Operations Director?

28 minutes ago, davemclaren said:

Maybe, thought Mrs Budge called him the stadium manager but maybe he has been doing multiple jobs. Who knows? 

1 hour ago, soonbe110 said:

Maybe, thought Mrs Budge called him the stadium manager but maybe he has been doing multiple jobs. Who knows? 

Was it this guy?

image.png.f0d388568101ab6f0568ec0b36370716.png

Wait a minute... A dentists? 

Isn't Naismiths wife a dentist? 

Could this be a very clever negotiating tactic to keep him at the club? 

Have I turned into Jambo in Hamilton? 

2 minutes ago, Bozi said:

Wait a minute... A dentists? 

Isn't Naismiths wife a dentist? 

Could this be a very clever negotiating tactic to keep him at the club? 

Have I turned into Jambo in Hamilton? 

Would also save Berra a fortune in mates rates for his front tooth. 

Ill get myself a set of maroon and white gnashers. 

On 23/12/2018 at 11:43, Jambos_1874 said:

Is that because Hibees have no teeth to maintain?

They went bust.  Had an opening free offer to all members of H1b5 staff.

Lennon's  treatment was too much for them.

13 hours ago, Yoda said:

They went bust.  Had an opening free offer to all members of H1b5 staff.

Lennon's  treatment was too much for them.

To be fair maintaining that colour of orange is difficult. Bound to be expensive. I think it’ll mainly be the cost of the chemicals to keep the wotsit implants from dissolving but still soft enough to have to avoid fruit and veg. 

On 23/12/2018 at 11:05, Jambos_1874 said:

In Germany, many clubs operate as a sports club as well as a football club. Dortmund, for example, have a gym, squash courts and other sports facilities in/around their stadium. 

This is means that, even if they’re not into football, people are paying them a subscription to use the gym or play squash in their courts. It’s a very clever way of maximising revenue. 

19 hours ago, Glib and Shameless Crier said:

1 hour ago, Phil Dunphy said:

In Germany, many clubs operate as a sports club as well as a football club. Dortmund, for example, have a gym, squash courts and other sports facilities in/around their stadium. 

This is means that, even if they’re not into football, people are paying them a subscription to use the gym or play squash in their courts. It’s a very clever way of maximising revenue. 

Yep. Same in Wolfsburg. Been to their stadium a couple of times and they have an ice-rink and other sports all connected in their complex. That is the sort of thing that I was driving at in the above post. If we are ever able to purchase the community pitch and other parts of the distillery's land in the future, then I'd be keen to see us build a leisure and sports complex there. One that would be both profitable and good for the overall wellbeing of the local communities in the Gorgie area.

27 minutes ago, Glib and Shameless Crier said:

Yep. Same in Wolfsburg. Been to their stadium a couple of times and they have an ice-rink and other sports all connected in their complex. That is the sort of thing that I was driving at in the above post. If we are ever able to purchase the community pitch and other parts of the distillery's land in the future, then I'd be keen to see us build a leisure and sports complex there. One that would be both profitable and good for the overall wellbeing of the local communities in the Gorgie area.

The idea is solid and I think a lot of scottish clubs wish they could do this but the simple problem is space and funding, I can’t think of many grounds in Scotland that have spare land around it, as for the money side of it a lot of these club had support from government when they hosted the World Cup or turnover 10 times our revenue. Long term I think we should explore the idea but short term let’s maximize what we have mainly the 3rd floor and rooftop in the main stand 

8 minutes ago, campbell said:

The idea is solid and I think a lot of scottish clubs wish they could do this but the simple problem is space and funding, I can’t think of many grounds in Scotland that have spare land around it, as for the money side of it a lot of these club had support from government when they hosted the World Cup or turnover 10 times our revenue. Long term I think we should explore the idea but short term let’s maximize what we have mainly the 3rd floor and rooftop in the main stand 

Yeah, it’s totally just a thought, with a long term view.

18 hours ago, soonbe110 said:

18 hours ago, davemclaren said:

18 hours ago, soonbe110 said:

Who is the Ops Director?  Who was the Stadium and FM Manager?

There is a gym in the old Tynecastle school. This building just sits there doing nothing which is a real shame. I know the building has been acquired by the Distillery but as far as I have witnessed they have been very helpful neighbors. Is there no way old Tynecastle cannot be used in partnership with the Distillery for the good of the Distillery, Hearts and the community. 

36 minutes ago, campbell said:

While I agree with your post regarding other clubs, I think we’ve quite a lot of potential to implement anything like you see in Germany. 

A gym in the Main Stand would be a good step. Hopefully one day we can look at acquiring the pitches outside the Wheatfield and doing something with them. 

52 minutes ago, Phil Dunphy said:

While I agree with your post regarding other clubs, I think we’ve quite a lot of potential to implement anything like you see in Germany. 

A gym in the Main Stand would be a good step. Hopefully one day we can look at acquiring the pitches outside the Wheatfield and doing something with them. 

New Wheatfield stand with seats facing in both directions. Larger capacity than current facing our pitch, and a smaller capacity facility facing the community pitch. 

9 minutes ago, Glib and Shameless Crier said:

New Wheatfield stand with seats facing in both directions. Larger capacity than current facing our pitch, and a smaller capacity facility facing the community pitch. 

A new Wheatfield Stand would be great. If we could guarantee to not need Murrayfield again :laugh: 

10 minutes ago, Phil Dunphy said:

A new Wheatfield Stand would be great. If we could guarantee to not need Murrayfield again :laugh: 

Christ, aye... painful stuff. ?

It's just when you look at the aerial photos of the stadium you really see the potential for 'building out the back' if we had the land and money to develop The Wheatfield and community pitch. Christ knows the area needs something, and good community and leisure facilities would make a huge difference imo. Also think it would be profitable for us.

You can see how much the space has changed over the years here:

Tyne an dMurray from air.jpg

ModernTynie.jpg

90sTynie.jpg

80sTynie.jpg

Edited by Glib and Shameless Crier

11 minutes ago, Glib and Shameless Crier said:

Christ, aye... painful stuff. ?

It's just when you look at the aerial photos of the stadium you really see the potential for 'building out the back' if we had the land and money to develop The Wheatfield and community pitch. Christ knows the area needs something, and good community and leisure facilities would make a huge difference imo. Also think it would be profitable for us.

You can see how much the space has changed over the years here:

Tyne an dMurray from air.jpg

ModernTynie.jpg

90sTynie.jpg

80sTynie.jpg

I get the feeling the land behind the Wheatfield is prime land for flats.

6 minutes ago, Cruickshank for Scotland said:

I think the proximity of the ethanol tanks would prevent that?

Edited by kila

8 minutes ago, Cruickshank for Scotland said:

2 minutes ago, kila said:

I think the proximity of the ethanol tanks would prevent that?

No much of a view looking out on a big football stand though.

1 hour ago, Phil Dunphy said:

We would need to buy land/buildings to be able to do it so it’s potentially something the FOH money could be used for.

I agree with a gym etc in the main stand but as I said in my previous post that’s something we already own and I hope we focus on maximise the revenue streams from it before any other potential projects,  I also think we could look at another bar in the wheatfield. I’m reluctant to dig up the community pitch as it serves a far great purpose to the Georgie area as a whole unless there was an alternate put in place! I’m really surprised Ann hasn’t looked at the old high school in more detail to see if there is anything that could benefit us such a waste of a space/ buildings 

At the AGM, Budge spoke briefly abount an innovation centre which will presumably be in the main stand. She said Ann Park had managed to secure a sponsorship deal with Dell (including free computer equipment).

She didn’t say any more other than something along the lines of “you’ll hear more detail later”. I dont think there was a subsequent announcement though. Anyone know any more?

It also wasn’t clear if this is some kind of community centre or a business venture.  Suspect it will be a community thing.

Jambo in Bathgate
On 22/12/2018 at 16:09, PeterintheRain said:

The exit doors at the top of the main stand were opened at the end of the Livingston match on Sunday. 

8 hours ago, Disco Dave said:

At the AGM, Budge spoke briefly abount an innovation centre which will presumably be in the main stand. She said Ann Park had managed to secure a sponsorship deal with Dell (including free computer equipment).

She didn’t say any more other than something along the lines of “you’ll hear more detail later”. I dont think there was a subsequent announcement though. Anyone know any more?

It also wasn’t clear if this is some kind of community centre or a business venture.  Suspect it will be a community thing.

Was it this ? 

https://www.heartsfc.co.uk/news/article/digital-skills-hub-at-tynecastle

fabienleclerq
7 minutes ago, McCrae said:

Looking forward to all of the exits at the top being opened up.  Will make a big difference in getting out of the stadium.

Is there many ? I dunno why but I thought there was only 2?

Just now, Glib and Shameless Crier said:

Massive great ‘Jambo Vision’ screens, and maroon coloured trees plz.

Will have to wait a bit for that if Craigs comment in todays Scotsman is any judge,maybe change that to May seems to be his buzz word today May not be any more signings May concentrate on finishing stand work. Just May.