New Stand: Ongoing work (updated)

Clerry Jambo

Inch Hearts
1 hour ago, farin said:

Dont know if you’ve already seen this 1 of the dressing room. 

71AEE402-6C56-469C-8180-C93DB9884302.jpeg.ab34242b8441354e74eb8376ec1c1dc5.jpeg

Really appreciated thank you! 

19 minutes ago, Haringshairband said:

I meant for the bigger games. 

Still plenty, we have never had a full house since the increased capacity as far as I am aware.

andrewjambo
2 hours ago, farin said:

Dont know if you’ve already seen this 1 of the dressing room. 

71AEE402-6C56-469C-8180-C93DB9884302.jpeg.ab34242b8441354e74eb8376ec1c1dc5.jpeg

Looks good, I'd love the hearts media people to post a video of the new dressing room with the strips hung up and then a walk down the new tunnel.

2 minutes ago, andrewjambo said:

Looks good, I'd love the hearts media people to post a video of the new dressing room with the strips hung up and then a walk down the new tunnel.

I think the social media person might see this, unless it is only the Levein out threads they look at :whistling:

Haringshairband
2 hours ago, wavydavy said:

Still plenty, we have never had a full house since the increased capacity as far as I am aware.

Do you know what the final capacity is? I'm sure we'll sell out when the football improves.

1 hour ago, Djm1874 said:

Is the big mural thing still happening on the side of the flats?

Did the occupants not object or something? Preferred the authentic look of worn out gable end of a tenement block

FarmerTweedy
42 minutes ago, kila said:

Did the occupants not object or something? Preferred the authentic look of worn out gable end of a tenement block

I thought it couldn't be done on safety grounds due to the danger of the gable end wall collapsing on the artists!

3 hours ago, wavydavy said:

With the Wheatfield tunnel being kept and certain seats never being used for certain reasons we’ll 

never have a 20,000 attendance at Tynie. The official capacity states we have 20,099 which i’m 

afraid will never happen.

Unknown user

Looks like the wedding went well, a friend of the family was there and posted photos. Congrats Liam and Emma, whoever you are!

King Of The Cat Cafe
1 hour ago, Taffin said:

I just want the trees on the plaza please.

...would you settle for getting the corners filled in instead?

Dagger Is Back
On 01/06/2019 at 10:54, Mr Sifter said:

Dunno if mentioned elsewhere, but as you can see from the attached stills, the vomitory (sp?) walls during the strip launch had some graphics pasted on. Is this something we are looking to do with the entire stadium? Or are these graphics only there as part of the kit launch? Personally I’d like to see each and every one of these covered in this type of stuff. It would be interesting to hear more on this...

C0C834D8-AA09-4ED3-B607-A329963D9517.jpeg

2F13E298-08AE-4E8D-9F88-45A917C3CE5A.jpeg

93F87140-003E-407F-9B68-B1728ED3254D.jpeg

Personally I think they look cheap and tacky

1 minute ago, Dagger Is Back said:

Personally I think they look cheap and tacky

Yeah you'd think the club could find a better barbers for them

19 minutes ago, King Of The Cat Cafe said:

...would you settle for getting the corners filled in instead?

Only if there is trees in the aisles 

4 hours ago, Haringshairband said:

Do you know what the final capacity is? I'm sure we'll sell out when the football improves.

As far as I know it is 20099. Could be a while but hopefully not too long before the football improves.

3 hours ago, mitch41 said:

With the Wheatfield tunnel being kept and certain seats never being used for certain reasons we’ll 

never have a 20,000 attendance at Tynie. The official capacity states we have 20,099 which i’m 

:thumbs_up:

davemclaren
9 hours ago, mitch41 said:

Where is the official capacity stated?

13 hours ago, Smithee said:

Looks like the wedding went well, a friend of the family was there and posted photos. Congrats Liam and Emma, whoever you are!

13 hours ago, Smithee said:

Benefactors daughter was it not?  ?

20 hours ago, Blackshades said:

I believe it is getting left as it is and will be used as a fire escape for the existing dressing rooms which will be used for the pitch at the distillery

Leaving it as as would also allow us to potentially arrange one of these pre-season 4 team tournaments with each of the 4 teams having an allocated changing room with access to the pitch. 

Lord Beni of Gorgie
21 hours ago, Notts1874 said:

Looks good. Hope the away dressing room is a cupboard with a sink and cold tap.

Painted in pastel colours, with elevator music being piped in

Jambof3tornado
21 hours ago, Notts1874 said:

Looks good. Hope the away dressing room is a cupboard with a sink and cold tap.

Aye a sink like this

ceramic-urinal-bowl-500x500.jpg

Hate to be the bearer of bad tidings but I feel it's my duty.  The .net magathread on our new stand is still going strong.  Latest is that the stand is so bad that it's going to have to be demolished and rebuilt.

Don't know about anyone else but but I'm jolly disappointed.  Particularly as friends and relatives of mine who've seen it close up describe it as breathtaking.

Maroonblood22

Absolutely loving seeing the progress on the ongoing works.

However, I am slightly concerned... in all these new photos I still can't see where Romanov's new hideout is?! Or perhaps he will be behind the big screens when they're installed?

The Future's Maroon
7 hours ago, Kiwidoug said:

Hate to be the bearer of bad tidings but I feel it's my duty.  The .net magathread on our new stand is still going strong.  Latest is that the stand is so bad that it's going to have to be demolished and rebuilt.

Don't know about anyone else but but I'm jolly disappointed.  Particularly as friends and relatives of mine who've seen it close up describe it as breathtaking.

Outstanding levels of delusion on that forum, needs rebuilt ??

fabienleclerq
1 hour ago, The Future's Maroon said:

Outstanding levels of delusion on that forum, needs rebuilt ??

Tbf, it's becoming clearer that there have been a number of design issues. 

9 minutes ago, fabienleclerq said:

If that shower of mutants are reduced to having a pop over a few “design issues” then they really are scraping the bottom of the barrel.

The whole thread reeks of jealousy. 

Patsy Kensit.

Selkirkhmfc1874
14 minutes ago, fabienleclerq said:

That mob at the other side of the city can only dream of the facilities we have within our 7 days a week main stand 

Geoff Kilpatrick
9 hours ago, Kiwidoug said:

Do you think they post shite like that on the expectation you will regurgitate it on here?

Geoff Kilpatrick
9 hours ago, Kiwidoug said:

Edited by Geoff Kilpatrick

Bad Religion
2 minutes ago, Geoff Kilpatrick said:

Do you think they post shite like that on the expectation you will regurgitate it on here?

Going to admit you were wrong on the season ticket thread Geoffrey? Didn't think so.

TommiGronlund

I recall when they said they were building the new stand they were planning to install a big screen in the ground.... Hope it doesn't show the lineups as they're some ugly bar stewards playing these days ?

My only issue with the main stand is, in hindsight, we should’ve stayed at Murrayfield or another venue till the new stand was completely finished. That way we could’ve had a proper grand opening and had nothing to moan about. I understand that we needed the stand open to create revenue to finish etc, I get that. My only complaint is that by the time it’s all finished the “buzz” about it being new will be gone. That’s all in hindsight. In reality the new stand and tynie in general these days is almost unrecognisable and something to behold. 

1 minute ago, busby1985 said:

My only issue with the main stand is, in hindsight, we should’ve stayed at Murrayfield or another venue till the new stand was completely finished. That way we could’ve had a proper grand opening and had nothing to moan about. I understand that we needed the stand open to create revenue to finish etc, I get that. My only complaint is that by the time it’s all finished the “buzz” about it being new will be gone. That’s all in hindsight. In reality the new stand and tynie in general these days is almost unrecognisable and something to behold. 

People moan no matter the timing or arrangements 

8 minutes ago, busby1985 said:

I think finances dictated we get it earning asap. Amazing how well we've done.

J.T.F.Robertson
1 hour ago, Geoff Kilpatrick said:

Surely no'. :hae36:

31 minutes ago, Section Q said:

Hadnt seen this one either....

hearts-mccraes-battallion-20-x-20-approx-poster-print-5269-p[ekm]227x221[ekm].jpg

You might like this picture from the production at Tynecastle.....obviously with a slight photoshop.

C__Data_Users_DefApps_AppData_INTERNETEXPLORER_Temp_Saved Images_670087981_C__Data_Users_DefApps_AppData_INTERNETEXPLORER_Temp_SavedImages_Dram2gjWwAEwsfi_jpg_fff410ee2f4ffa2c8822bb570bb77e55.jpg

Mid Calder Jambo
2 hours ago, fabienleclerq said:

Mainly at conception up a close doon Leith Walk

45 minutes ago, Section Q said:

I think finances dictated we get it earning asap. Amazing how well we've done.

Yeah I get that. Unreal what has been achieved and to actual have a facility that makes us money instead of costing us money is superb. The whole feel around tynie is so much more professional looking. 

Mid Calder Jambo
6 minutes ago, busby1985 said:

Yeah I get that. Unreal what has been achieved and to actual have a facility that makes us money instead of costing us money is superb. The whole feel around tynie is so much more professional looking. 

Can't disagree for one moment with these sentiments.  The only thing it lacks is a huge pair pf sunglasses fr the sunny days. Sun was nver a problem in the old stand, mind you I never saw the floodlights either from there.

davemclaren
6 minutes ago, Mid Calder Jambo said:

Can't disagree for one moment with these sentiments.  The only thing it lacks is a huge pair pf sunglasses fr the sunny days. Sun was nver a problem in the old stand, mind you I never saw the floodlights either from there.

Sun was a problem in the lower sections of the old stand. 

Dusk_Till_Dawn
1 hour ago, busby1985 said:

We couldn't afford to take endless amounts of time with it. It looks great, it'll get finished in its own time and it's better that we get on with using it.