New Stand: Ongoing work (updated)

Clerry Jambo

brunoatemyhamster

Its probably been covered, but whats the story with the dressing rooms? Still coming out the Wheatfield and it looks weird. And does anyone know why the tunnel in the main stand is off center? Again looks weird.

Edited by brunoatemyhamster

6 minutes ago, farin said:

We’re busy filling in the corners. ::troll::

DC850C49-694E-4299-B91A-437BF7BB6EAD.jpeg.a970d0c1c371579fde963d8d4f7f94f5.jpeg

Oh no farin....you've unleashed the beast !!

11 minutes ago, farin said:

We’re busy filling in the corners. ::troll::

DC850C49-694E-4299-B91A-437BF7BB6EAD.jpeg.a970d0c1c371579fde963d8d4f7f94f5.jpeg

I know this long-running joke has been done to death on here. But that is incredible!

If only...

siegementality
6 minutes ago, brunoatemyhamster said:

Its probably been covered, but whats the story with the dressing rooms? Still coming out the Wheatfield and it looks weird. And does anyone know why the tunnel in the main stand is off center? Again looks weird.

The dressing rooms in the new stand will be finished by the end of this season. No point in prioritising those as Wheatfield dressing rooms are first class. The tunnel was off centre in the old stand to. New stand build the same was as a nod to that.

brunoatemyhamster
1 hour ago, siegementality said:

The dressing rooms in the new stand will be finished by the end of this season. No point in prioritising those as Wheatfield dressing rooms are first class. The tunnel was off centre in the old stand to. New stand build the same was as a nod to that.

Top man. All the info right there.

3 hours ago, campbell said:

Any new pictures of work going on in and around the ground? Would love to see the view from the scaled back police box and any close ups of the new tv studio 

The glass screen to the TV studio is now complete. The internal fit-out is ongoing.

54 minutes ago, Thomaso said:

The glass screen to the TV studio is now complete. The internal fit-out is ongoing.

Hope we aren't using left over red panels ;) 

Pasquale for King
1 hour ago, brunoatemyhamster said:

Top man. All the info right there.

Not quite, it also means our dug is closer to the Ass Ref too. 

Pasquale for King

The insides still need a bit of work to jazz it up a bit, paint peeling off the walls near the kiosks already.

13 minutes ago, kila said:

Hope we aren't using left over red panels ;) 

:10900:

32 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

Our dug?  This one:

:cornette_dog:

Mid Calder Jambo
1 hour ago, Thomaso said:

Is there a pail for Sutton and co to crap in.  When they fill it they can empty it themselves, cos they talk most of what goes in it anyway.

1 hour ago, Pasquale for King said:

Not quite, If the tunnel was on the centre line of the pitch, our dug-out would be even closer to the stand side assistant referee.

As it is if anything we are a bit further away from him for the majority of time. But I suppose it also means the away team is further away from him then they could otherwise be. 

It also means Levein/our manager is basically on the centre line of the pitch, so maybe has a slight advantage in getting messages across to the defender/goalie if we are defending the Gorgie end as is the case usually in the first half. 

Di5EWMVWsAE16Os-1.jpg

Edited by SUTOL

davemclaren
1 minute ago, SUTOL said:

Not quite, If the tunnel was on the centre line of the pitch, our dug-out would be even closer to the stand side assistant referee.

As it is if anything we are a bit further away from him for the majority of time. But I suppose it also means the away team is further away from him then they could otherwise be. 

It also means Levein/our manager is basically on the centre line of the pitch, so maybe has a slight advantage in getting messages across to the defender/goalie if we are defending the Gorgie end as is the case usually in the first half. 

Di5EWMVWsAE16Os-1.jpg

You could be over analysing this perhaps? ?

2 minutes ago, davemclaren said:

You could be over analysing this perhaps? ?

That's possible. 

:nerdy:

Pasquale for King
59 minutes ago, Haken said:

Our dug?  This one:

:cornette_dog:

Yeah ?, needs OUT for a pee ?

Edited by Pasquale for King

Pasquale for King
12 minutes ago, SUTOL said:

Di5EWMVWsAE16Os-1.jpg

It would be further down the pitch so yes maybe. But the away dug out is further away as it is just now and would be closer it if was in line with the half way line. Tommy McLean changed the dug outs for some reason, strange man.

Hagar the Horrible
32 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

It would be further down the pitch so yes maybe. But the away dug out is further away as it is just now and would be closer it if was in line with the half way line. Tommy McLean changed the dug outs for some reason, strange man.

It was Csaba Lazlo I am sure, who made us closer to the assistant ref

davemclaren
Just now, Hagar the Horrible said:

I think it was Czaba as well

Pasquale for King
17 minutes ago, Hagar the Horrible said:

Yeah it was Csaba who changed it back to the way it had always been.

On 7/26/2018 at 14:36, David McCaig said:

We  would actually lose less seats that way.

We haven't lost any seats.

David McCaig
Just now, Dunks said:

We haven't lost any seats.

Are you sure.  I thought we'd lost 20 or so  seats directly in front of the press box.

The Police box still knocks about 50 seats out of Lower T.

davemclaren
7 minutes ago, David McCaig said:

Are you sure.  I thought we'd lost 20 or so  seats directly in front of the press box.

The Police box still knocks about 50 seats out of Lower T.

We have lost some seats in front of the tv studio box. 

The 'lost' seats due to the police box and TV studio are pretty minimal in terms of the overall 20k capacity - bearing in mind there would only be a demand for them around 6 games per season.

David McCaig
21 minutes ago, davemclaren said:

We have lost some seats in front of the tv studio box. 

That's what I meant...lol.

heartsfc_fan
14 minutes ago, Thomaso said:

The 'lost' seats due to the police box and TV studio are pretty minimal in terms of the overall 20k capacity - bearing in mind there would only be a demand for them around 6 games per season.

Must only be about 50 seats?

Any idea what the capacity is overall? I think 20,099 was mentioned at the start.

Selkirkhmfc1874
39 minutes ago, Thomaso said:

Is the tv studio going to be completed for game against Celtic?

33 minutes ago, Selkirkhmfc1874 said:

Is the tv studio going to be completed for game against Celtic?

Even if there's still a lot to finish off, it'll be better than the temp structure Sky put up in the stands.

The next problem will be the sun glaring into the TV camera lens. I wonder if they've thought about that one yet...

davemclaren
16 minutes ago, kila said:

Even if there's still a lot to finish off, it'll be better than the temp structure Sky put up in the stands.

The next problem will be the sun glaring into the TV camera lens. I wonder if they've thought about that one yet...

High enough up not to be an issue?

2 minutes ago, davemclaren said:

High enough up not to be an issue?

Was just thinking of the low sun the darker months. Roof angles slightly upwards so it'd be exposed I think but probably unlikely to have the sun at that exact height when they are using the studio.

davemclaren
1 minute ago, kila said:

Was just thinking of the low sun the darker months. Roof angles slightly upwards so it'd be exposed I think but probably unlikely to have the sun at that exact height when they are using the studio.

The sun is the one reason I stayed in the Wheatfield. 

Bridge of Djoum
5 hours ago, Pasquale for King said:

Ass ref?

Where do I apply for that?

Pasquale for King
8 minutes ago, New York Fleapit said:

Ass ref?

Where do I apply for that?

I’m an Ass Man in a pub, saves me explaining why I’m staring ?

JamboGraham

Good work on the studio...at that height there shouldn't be an issue, the angled window adds another layer to prevent glare...also you could slightly raise the camera angle and shoot down a little but I really don't think that will be needed.

Bridge of Djoum
4 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

Are you an Ass man or an ass to the man?

What’s the official stadium capacity for the coming season now the box has been removed?  It looks smart as btw. 

Clerry Jambo
1 minute ago, Juanjo15 said:

What’s the official stadium capacity for the coming season now the box has been removed?  It looks smart as btw. 

with all these lost seats about 15,600 :P

2 minutes ago, Clerry Jambo said:

with all these lost seats about 15,600 :P

:lol: just wait until the giant screen is  installed between the Gorgie and the Wheaty. 

8 minutes ago, JamboGraham said:

Good work on the studio...at that height there shouldn't be an issue, the angled window adds another layer to prevent glare...also you could slightly raise the camera angle and shoot down a little but I really don't think that will be needed.

And on the even plus-er side it’s more ££ for the £500k window cleaning contract that a poster (sorry can’t remember the name not being ignorant) quoted. 

18 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

There was me thinkin' ye were more of a  ball boy :) Lolz

Edited by Pie-Heid
Spelling

17 minutes ago, JamboGraham said:

The main cameras will still be in the Wheatfield and other locations around the ground. The studio is for the pundits etc to sit. 

Sorry if its been asked and answered already, but once the changing rooms are ready in the new stand are we reinstating the seating at the current Wheatfield tunnel?

davemclaren
15 minutes ago, Debut 4 said:

Sorry if its been asked and answered already, but once the changing rooms are ready in the new stand are we reinstating the seating at the current Wheatfield tunnel?

Perhaps but perhaps not 

davemclaren
1 minute ago, Debut 4 said:

Is this a cryptic Kenny Dugleash style answer? :D

Almost, but the answer remains the same. ?