New Stand: Ongoing work (updated)

Clerry Jambo

13 hours ago, Gilbert’s Fridge said:

I know.   I know I'm probably in the minority not liking murals but I'm not going to lose any sleep if one is painted.

:thumbsup:

I don't like them either.

Tottenham's build of this has been an absolute shambles from start to finish. Well, that's how Hibs.net usually reacts to these things.

15 minutes ago, hughesie27 said:

Tottenham's build of this has been an absolute shambles from start to finish. Well, that's how Hibs.net usually reacts to these things.

Have they ordered their seats yet ;)

Buffalo Bill

Can anyone tell me why we didn’t sell tickets for the bottom corner of Section T? 

There was was also a small block of unsold (hospitality) seats in upper S (just above the concourse). If the game was ‘sold out’ why not just sell some of these seats to fans on the day? 

Think the TV studio looks great where it is, far better than the big horrible green box that sat in N for years. 

Whats the issue?

8 minutes ago, Buffalo Bill said:

Can anyone tell me why we didn’t sell tickets for the bottom corner of Section T? 

There was was also a small block of unsold (hospitality) seats in upper S (just above the concourse). If the game was ‘sold out’ why not just sell some of these seats to fans on the day? 

I was wondering the same about lower T in the corner. I suspect it's just not been properly configured into the seating plan as it's different on ticketmaster (it shows more like what the original seating would have been down there). I'm suspecting someone just hasn't gotten round to updating it yet.

My presumption about the upper S tickets was that they were set aside for family/friends of players - they had been allocated upper P last season but appear to have been moved. All three hospitality suites in the main stand were sold out on Saturday, so one presumes all of their allocated seats would be occupied.

11 minutes ago, Buffalo Bill said:

I'd like to know as well as it irked me at the time.

Missed out on potential ticket sales, especially when we were down to single seats only.

18 hours ago, Silvery_Moon said:

I  wonder if we could have seats there for all matches when the tv studio isn't being used? 

As one of those whose seat was taken out, the ticket office said they’re looking to see if there’s a way to do that. 

I can also confirm that I may not have behaved impeccably sat in front of the tv studio if that fat twat Commons was there. 

27 minutes ago, JALBO said:

I was wondering the same about lower T in the corner. I suspect it's just not been properly configured into the seating plan as it's different on ticketmaster (it shows more like what the original seating would have been down there). I'm suspecting someone just hasn't gotten round to updating it yet.

My presumption about the upper S tickets was that they were set aside for family/friends of players - they had been allocated upper P last season but appear to have been moved. All three hospitality suites in the main stand were sold out on Saturday, so one presumes all of their allocated seats would be occupied.

My thoughts too.

Which if true, is shocking. More poor admin effort! It was mostly empty during the league cup games too and did the singing team not get told off for trying to move over and occupy those seats by an overzealous steward?

Having looked on etickets, the St Mirren game still shows those seats as unavailable (with the original police box cutout taking away seats).

5b72c0937cfb6_ScreenShot2018-08-14at12_43_17.png.e8b7ee848ddb686a6de3adfcd0cac314.png

:jj_facepalm:

1 hour ago, kila said:

My thoughts too.

Which if true, is shocking. More poor admin effort! It was mostly empty during the league cup games too and did the singing team not get told off for trying to move over and occupy those seats by an overzealous steward?

Having looked on etickets, the St Mirren game still shows those seats as unavailable (with the original police box cutout taking away seats).

5b72c0937cfb6_ScreenShot2018-08-14at12_43_17.png.e8b7ee848ddb686a6de3adfcd0cac314.png

:jj_facepalm:

Yup, there's 79 good seats there that should be sold. I think we'll need to send the hit squad over from Kickback's dot counting team to get the club sorted out.

rudi must stay
18 hours ago, Mr Sifter said:

Some screen shots (thanks to the wonderful Hambone) showing the views from the new studio. Got to say, Tynecastle looks brilliant here from the new higher viewpoint.  ??

56B63446-F404-462B-A5CA-AB1E3D178125.png

D8B8A996-FAEF-4350-A27D-CE73A4B56908.png

4889B56E-E8BE-4153-A751-74CB38D50A7E.png

B9F757C6-AD5A-489E-8D5B-94EEF25BBA4E.png

Shame above the fans behind. But still nice studio that's a good addition :thumbsup: hopefully as the years go on it will improve with pictures etc

Clerry Jambo

Been saying for a while I wouldn't trust the online ticketing if desperate for a ticket, either phone or go into TO

As said plenty empty seats on Saturday, did the club actually annnounce a sell out?

1 minute ago, Clerry Jambo said:

Been saying for a while I wouldn't trust the online ticketing if desperate for a ticket, either phone or go into TO

As said plenty empty seats on Saturday, did the club actually annnounce a sell out?

Mark Martin definitely said it was sold out - which now I take to mean "sold out of regular seats available for sale online.". However, the club were clearly selling unsold hospitality tickets at the back of Section X - but not online.  There's no doubt this will have cost the club lost revenue - there must still have been 100 or more empty seats in X that could have been announced for sale at the very least.

I also noticed there was still one row of unsold seats at the front of Roseburn section K immediately behind the goal. I really don't understand what this is all about.

The issue of the empty seats on Saturday was discussed at some length on another thread but the thing is, this has been going on for a long time now and once again it is clearly not just a case of season ticket holders not turning up, because there are whole rows and clusters of empty seats together. The club really need to sort it out.

Clerry Jambo
17 minutes ago, stirlo said:

The issue of the empty seats on Saturday was discussed at some length on another thread but the thing is, this has been going on for a long time now and once again it is clearly not just a case of season ticket holders not turning up, because there are whole rows and clusters of empty seats together. The club really need to sort it out.

:spoton:

Seymour M Hersh
3 hours ago, rudi must stay said:

Shame above the fans behind. But still nice studio that's a good addition :thumbsup: hopefully as the years go on it will improve with pictures etc

A fantastic view spoiled by the muppets they have in front of the cameras! 

I wonder if more money was spent to strip the police box back as quickly as possible so it'd be ready for the first league cup game?

Really starting to lose faith in the current Hearts admin lot! Forgetting seats for new stand, forgetting to get a license for new bar, forgetting to have BT Sport ready in new bar so fans end up missing a chunk of a live Hearts game, forgetting to update SFA portal for player contract extension, forgetting to update ticket seating plan to include seats previously unavailable...

Phil D. Corners
3 minutes ago, kila said:

I wonder if more money was spent to strip the police box back as quickly as possible so it'd be ready for the first league cup game?

Really starting to lose faith in the current Hearts admin lot! Forgetting seats for new stand, forgetting to get a license for new bar, forgetting to have BT Sport ready in new bar so fans end up missing a chunk of a live Hearts game, forgetting to update SFA portal for player contract extension, forgetting to update ticket seating plan to include seats previously unavailable...

Do shut up. 

siegementality
On 13/08/2018 at 19:51, Mr Sifter said:

Some screen shots (thanks to the wonderful Hambone) showing the views from the new studio. Got to say, Tynecastle looks brilliant here from the new higher viewpoint.  ??

56B63446-F404-462B-A5CA-AB1E3D178125.png

D8B8A996-FAEF-4350-A27D-CE73A4B56908.png

4889B56E-E8BE-4153-A751-74CB38D50A7E.png

B9F757C6-AD5A-489E-8D5B-94EEF25BBA4E.png

I had a wee look in the TV studio last night, it’s pretty small (not a criticism btw).  In your last pic the cameraman would have been standing with his back against the wall to fit all three people in shot. Given its size it’s uses would be pretty limited in not being used for TV. Private box for six people maybe?

• 2 weeks later...
On ‎11‎/‎08‎/‎2018 at 11:44, farin said:

Yep, their in it now. 

3C1254A9-4D7F-4918-A3EF-BB9F0F676F8C.jpeg

Absolutely beautiful glass screen..........:thumbsup:

25 minutes ago, Thomaso said:

Well, done, Thomaso! More window-washing for someone though.

I'm presuming the seats immediately in front of your glass aren't intended for us regular punters, but I can't imagine the TV studio guests sitting out there to watch the game in such close proximity to the fans?

2 minutes ago, JALBO said:

Well, done, Thomaso! More window-washing for someone though.

I'm presuming the seats immediately in front of your glass aren't intended for us regular punters, but I can't imagine the TV studio guests sitting out there to watch the game in such close proximity to the fans?

Not sure as I haven't been able to attend games recently - they may be for Stewards?

No one sat in the seats immediately in front. 

I was hoping the door into the studio would be our exit this season and wouldn’t have to wait for ages to go down the way. 

Thats not going to happen now. 

On 14/08/2018 at 11:33, hughesie27 said:

Think they have been trying to play catchup for some time with the building works, i've got a NFL season ticket for the london games and it would have been around March/April when the Wembley tickets were on sale, at the time the tickets for the Seahawks v Raiders game were held back because the seating plan hadn't been finalised and they didn't want to sell tickets that might end up with a restricted view due to the additional cameras required for an NFL game, I still find it strange that a stadium that has an NFL pitch built into the design that they didn't also plan for the additional camera positions with removable sections of seats.

9 minutes ago, Thomaso said:

Not sure as I haven't been able to attend games recently - they may be for Stewards?

Sounds plausible. 

Just now, Sid said:

No one sat in the seats immediately in front. 

I was hoping the door into the studio would be our exit this season and wouldn’t have to wait for ages to go down the way. 

Thats not going to happen now. 

It was never planned to happen. The doors at the rear were always for access to and from hospitality suites. ?

44 minutes ago, Thomaso said:

You must have got your yacht by now with the work you've had at Tynecastle. ?

1 minute ago, davemclaren said:

:munny:

Fxxx the SPFL
27 minutes ago, davemclaren said:

aye it's moored next to Mrs B's in Puerto Banus.

Image result for coracle

Does anyone have pictures from inside the completed TV Studio?  Great that we've finally got one rather than the temporary structures over the seats in Gorgie or Roseburn.

Have to say, I was really impressed with the new club shop / ticket office when I was up for the Celtic game.  The interior of the main stand looks so much better since I was last there with a lot of paint having been applied. Feels like a proper stadium, worthy of the mighty Hearts :)

18 minutes ago, JayTeeJnr said:

Does anyone have pictures from inside the completed TV Studio?  Great that we've finally got one rather than the temporary structures over the seats in Gorgie or Roseburn.

Have to say, I was really impressed with the new club shop / ticket office when I was up for the Celtic game.  The interior of the main stand looks so much better since I was last there with a lot of paint having been applied. Feels like a proper stadium, worthy of the mighty Hearts :)

There are some photos earlier on in this thread - mainly of Hayley rather than the interior right enough!

The stadium is being finished and improved sequentially as funds become available.  I anticipate it will be fully fitted out and tarted up over the next 18 months or so.

SwindonJambo
8 minutes ago, Thomaso said:

There are some photos earlier on in this thread - mainly of Hayley rather than the interior right enough!

The stadium is being finished and improved sequentially as funds become available.  I anticipate it will be fully fitted out and tarted up over the next 18 months or so.

That's very sensible and reassuring to hear. With the structure in place and already earning much more matchday revenue than its predecessor, then there's no huge hurry to fit out the rest. I like the 'no borrowing' approach being taken. I still think the stand was built in too much of a tearing rush in the 1st place but lessons seem to have been learnt with the much slower pace of the fit out.

Great to have you back and firing on all cylinders, sir btw 

1 minute ago, SwindonJambo said:

That's very sensible and reassuring to hear. With the structure in place and already earning much more matchday revenue than its predecessor, then there's no huge hurry to fit out the rest. I like the 'no borrowing' approach being taken. I still think the stand was built in too much of a tearing rush in the 1st place but lessons seem to have been learnt with the much slower pace of the fit out.

Great to have you back and firing on all cylinders, sir btw 

Cheers thanks for the kind words SJ - appreciated.

The stand was indeed designed and built in a bit of a rush, however this was entirely due to the time constraints imposed on the Club externally. 

As has been previously confirmed the Council were going to tear down the existing nursery, and had committed to the parents to have a new facility opened by a certain date. If they had gone ahead with this then we would never have been able to built a new stand as a new nursery building would have blocked the development. 

As such the Club had to rush through a land purchase from the Council, get plans through the planning approval process, and get the new stand build (with integrated nursery) all within the timescale the Council had promised the parents for the new nursery.

Mistakes were made, however at the end of the day the legacy for us all will be a fantastic 'new' Tynecastle Park that we can all be proud of.

Footnote:  Despite meeting the tight deadline the Council set for the Club to have the integrated nursery ready THEY are late with their fit-out!

SwindonJambo
36 minutes ago, Thomaso said:

Cheers thanks for the kind words SJ - appreciated.

The stand was indeed designed and built in a bit of a rush, however this was entirely due to the time constraints imposed on the Club externally. 

As has been previously confirmed the Council were going to tear down the existing nursery, and had committed to the parents to have a new facility opened by a certain date. If they had gone ahead with this then we would never have been able to built a new stand as a new nursery building would have blocked the development. 

As such the Club had to rush through a land purchase from the Council, get plans through the planning approval process, and get the new stand build (with integrated nursery) all within the timescale the Council had promised the parents for the new nursery.

Mistakes were made, however at the end of the day the legacy for us all will be a fantastic 'new' Tynecastle Park that we can all be proud of.

Footnote:  Despite meeting the tight deadline the Council set for the Club to have the integrated nursery ready THEY are late with their fit-out!

Ta Thomaso. That footnote is a  classic and not a complete surprise. Councils are the same everywhere ;) 

I was well aware of the need to rush through planning and design at a rate of knots with the nursery issue but less so re the ridiculous speed of the actual construction itself. I made the trip North for what turned out to be the 1st home win in front of the new stand v Motherwell last December and sat in it. Though impressed and pleased, I was somewhat shocked at how rough round the edges it was in places. Nothing that can’t be remedied in the fullness of time though. Looking forward to my next trip up to see it again. Proud of it, we most certainly can be. 

2 hours ago, Thomaso said:

?. This will be reported on hibs.net as “Hearts have run out of money to build the nursery”.

Nursery groundworks finally progressing. Looks like the council are putting a nice big Hearts crest in front of the entrance just to make sure the wee tots get the correct football education in their early years.

nursery_groundworks.thumb.jpg.679b9c34c5a34a51f1ec10cbe0d9fd27.jpg

1 minute ago, ericb said:

Are the floors above the nursery ours or is it a 3 floor council building?

Just the ground level, I think. 

What is the arrangement with the council? Do they effrctively rent part of the stadium from us? I assume that we do pretty well out of it given that we rushed the stadium redevlopment just to accommodate it?

PhoenixHearts
1 hour ago, JALBO said:

Nursery groundworks finally progressing. Looks like the council are putting a nice big Hearts crest in front of the entrance just to make sure the wee tots get the correct football education in their early years.

nursery_groundworks.thumb.jpg.679b9c34c5a34a51f1ec10cbe0d9fd27.jpg

A huge full colour hearts badge made out of wet pour rubber softfall would look great and I reckon that would be the type of image that would stick in memory of young kids.

I still remember a wee swingpark I used to go to in Queensferry which I've not been to since I was 7. I always called it 'the crab park' due to the crabs and seahorses on the floor. 

Our Pilrig chums absolutely never let us down.  Their thread on our new stand is still going strong and they're zeroing in again on the surrounding tenements collapsing because of the piling work.

What would we do without them?

1 hour ago, Kiwidoug said:

Our Pilrig chums absolutely never let us down.  Their thread on our new stand is still going strong and they're zeroing in again on the surrounding tenements collapsing because of the piling work.

This happened during piling :whistling:

Stephen Muddie
On 09/08/2018 at 09:58, redm said:

0_street_views_-_north_junction_street_0

0_street_views_-_north_junction_street_0

This is the one I see most often. It's right next to the Thomas Morton Hall, Leith Theatre and the library. I like it.

I like that one too. Something similar to that would be great

Also, just saw this new picture of Tynie from above. The club just tweeted it out. I’ve cropped it to take out the watermark ??

C97D57A8-4352-4F46-B634-E974954B2A1B.jpeg