New Stand: Ongoing work (updated)

Clerry Jambo

Pasquale for King
55 minutes ago, New York Fleapit said:

Are you an Ass man or an ass to the man?

Both, the Main man is a Hibby ?

Edited by Pasquale for King

Pasquale for King
33 minutes ago, Debut 4 said:

Sorry if its been asked and answered already, but once the changing rooms are ready in the new stand are we reinstating the seating at the current Wheatfield tunnel?

They haven’t decided yet, the Wheatfield changing rooms were supposed to be used solely for the back pitch. We’ve also got the space where the shop was too, another bar for the Wheatfield punters perhaps?

JamboGraham
39 minutes ago, SUTOL said:

The main cameras will still be in the Wheatfield and other locations around the ground. The studio is for the pundits etc to sit. 

Indeed but the question asked was if the sun would be a problem. The slight angle on the glass reduces the glare coming into the studio and also prevents any reflection of studio lights back into the camera. If there was still a problem you could shoot the panel slightly from above (a couple of centimetres) rather than direct making sure there is no sun glare.

kingantti1874
9 hours ago, farin said:

We’re busy filling in the corners. ::troll::

DC850C49-694E-4299-B91A-437BF7BB6EAD.jpeg.a970d0c1c371579fde963d8d4f7f94f5.jpeg

Best render of this I've seen yet. Before I say this I'm not saying we will ever do it but from an engineering perspective it's not impossible. The trusses only support the roof and provide a home for the floddlights.. I expect we will move to LED floodlights along the length of the roof before too long.. The roof support could be replaced with cantilever but given space constraints a cable stay system.. Not impossible technically.. Maybe impossible financially 

10 minutes ago, kila said:

Will the TV pundits sit at the top of the stand in front of the window during the game?

They'll be in the studio, just swivel the chairs round to watch from inside the box surely

Past by earlier and noticed 2 new turnstiles being put in at the away end.  Good to see the club are listing to the fans?

David McCaig
7 minutes ago, davemclaren said:

Anyone know when the nursery opens?

Another 2 months according to the statement from Queen Ann.

Edinburgh Council's responsibility, not surprised it is still ongoing  :whistling: Thought the original plan was for it to be done by June? At least it isn't the club's fault for missing the target.

58 minutes ago, kila said:

Edinburgh Council's responsibility, not surprised it is still ongoing  :whistling: Thought the original plan was for it to be done by June? At least it isn't the club's fault for missing the target.

Think June was our target handover date to the cooncil. 

18 hours ago, davemclaren said:

Taken from the train to Motherwell. 

3655B9C8-3035-4021-B808-573368BFB983.jpeg

Everything is sliding into the great Gorgie sinkhole dave!

The Future's Maroon

I notice in the statement that we are thinking of ways to utilise the tv studio when not being used, I wonder if there is scope to turn it into a one off VIP box they could sell to fans/corporate for games the TVs are not there?

John Findlay
3 hours ago, Sarah O said:

:vrface::facepalm: 

Screen Shot 2018-08-05 at 08.01.48.png

Pure Green envy right there. Deep down they know we are Edinburgh’s finest. Always have been and always will be.

Dagger Is Back
22 minutes ago, The Future's Maroon said:

I notice in the statement that we are thinking of ways to utilise the tv studio when not being used, I wonder if there is scope to turn it into a one off VIP box they could sell to fans/corporate for games the TVs are not there?

Given that the TV cameras are only there for a few games a season, and if it was soundproofed, could we turn it into an Autistic room?

Clearly I’m not an expert in such things  but have read of other clubs doing such a thing

Jambo, Goodbye
47 minutes ago, The Future's Maroon said:

I'd rather Hearts TV used it to begin producing more work.  Could be a great opportunity to really increase the subscribers and make some money for the club

50 minutes ago, John Findlay said:

Pure Green envy right there. Deep down they know we are Edinburgh’s finest. Always have been and always will be.

He was also mocking Ann’s grammar...

Then came up with less instead of fewer. :look: 

3 minutes ago, Sarah O said:

He was also mocking Ann’s grammar...

Then came up with less instead of fewer. :look: 

He’s clearly never read any of Hayley Cropper’s efforts:laugh:

Edited by Rudolf

A change that most of us may not get to see, but I think the Director's Lounge moves down to the ground floor this season. I'm guessing that'll be the escalator coming into use then.

Also, now that the final configuration of the seating in the main stand appears to be complete, it looks like the obvious capacity of the stadium is something like 19,950. I know it's been mentioned several times by the club that the capacity will be over 20,000 when all is said and done, so it'll be interesting to see how that pans out as work is completed.

Edited by JALBO
Added a paragraph

Unknown user
1 hour ago, Jambo, Goodbye said:

I'd rather Hearts TV used it to begin producing more work.  Could be a great opportunity to really increase the subscribers and make some money for the club

How much more work can they produce during a game? I think a quiet room's a great idea if it can be done.

Jambo, Goodbye
17 minutes ago, Smithee said:

How much more work can they produce during a game? I think a quiet room's a great idea if it can be done.

I mean during the week. Content that can be enjoyed by UK based subscribers. Interviews,  highlight analysis. Talk shows. Liverpool and Man U TV nails it.

Isn't it just great to have the possibilities anyway? :)

Unknown user
3 minutes ago, Jambo, Goodbye said:

I mean during the week. Content that can be enjoyed by UK based subscribers. Interviews,  highlight analysis. Talk shows. Liverpool and Man U TV nails it.

Aye absolutely. The post you replied to was talking about usage during the games though, that's the only reason I say

Jambo, Goodbye
6 minutes ago, Smithee said:

Aye absolutely. The post you replied to was talking about usage during the games though, that's the only reason I say

Ah,  looking back i can see that. Apologies for the confusion. 

20 minutes ago, Jambo, Goodbye said:

I’m pretty sure we had a dedicated weekly programme on the L!ve Tv cable channel back in the day. 

1 hour ago, Jambo, Goodbye said:

I'd love Hearts TV to produce some kind of Podcast-style talk show, get some legends on it and it could be a winner

On ‎01‎/‎08‎/‎2018 at 17:49, kila said:

Even if there's still a lot to finish off, it'll be better than the temp structure Sky put up in the stands.

The next problem will be the sun glaring into the TV camera lens. I wonder if they've thought about that one yet...

Does the sun reach the back row of the stand - I thought the roof would shade the 'pundits' studio at that level?

I believe the games will still be filmed from the Wheatfield.

Edited by Thomaso

On ‎01‎/‎08‎/‎2018 at 20:05, kingantti1874 said:

Best render of this I've seen yet. Before I say this I'm not saying we will ever do it but from an engineering perspective it's not impossible. The trusses only support the roof and provide a home for the floddlights.. I expect we will move to LED floodlights along the length of the roof before too long.. The roof support could be replaced with cantilever but given space constraints a cable stay system.. Not impossible technically.. Maybe impossible financially 

"Only"!!!!   :getout:

19 hours ago, boag1874 said:

I'd love Hearts TV to produce some kind of Podcast-style talk show, get some legends on it and it could be a winner

Overseas Jambo's have been crying out for this for years only to fall on deaf ears.

We are even willing to pay more for the service if necessary we have a studio now so hope we use it for more than just hosting

the TV corporations when they come around.

49 minutes ago, Thomaso said:

Does the sun reach the back row of the stand - I thought the roof would shade the 'pundits' studio at that level?

I believe the games will still be filmed from the Wheatfield.

Guessing the poster means the camera inside the studio...... when the presenters have their backs to the pitch to do the analysis bit - when the game isn’t actually being played.

I cant see it being an issue though

1 minute ago, Disco Dave said:

Guessing the poster means the camera inside the studio...... when the presenters have their backs to the pitch to do the analysis bit - when the game isn’t actually being played.

I cant see it being an issue though

Yes my first comment was relative to inside the TV studio.

Does anyone have any pictures of the inside of the new stand? Other than the main concourse and a few snaps of the club shop and nursery, I haven’t seen much over the last few months.

The bizzies should be walkin roond the pitch like In the auld days, not tucked away in some cosy room wi a tv monitor. Should be oot arresting boys singing naughty songs, or cyber polis on here catchin arsehole KB'ers. No me of course.

Italian Lambretta
9 minutes ago, sac said:

The bizzies should be walkin roond the pitch like In the auld days, not tucked away in some cosy room wi a tv monitor. Should be oot arresting boys singing naughty songs, or cyber polis on here catchin arsehole KB'ers. No me of course.

I’m with you in this. Back to the old days when we used to sing “Who’s that Man with the helmet on ..............?

39 minutes ago, farin said:

The new studio is totally shaded from the sun. 

That's what I thought.

Tommy Brown
2 hours ago, Thomaso said:

"Only"!!!!   :getout:

I think you fine well what the poster meant.

The all too common view on here was that they supported the stand.

2 minutes ago, Tommy Brown said:

Chill brother - it was a tongue in cheek post.

16 hours ago, farin said:

Be like watching subbuteo from up there, But they’ll have the benefit of monitors. ?

Do ST holders in the back rows need monitors..............................:huh:

davemclaren
38 minutes ago, Thomaso said:

Do ST holders in the back rows need monitors..............................:huh:

Sat in the back row deliberately for the ICT game and the view was fine. Nothing like as bad as the back row at places lke Old Trafford. 

Unknown user
22 hours ago, Tommy Brown said:

Surely that's not the case, surely no one believes that the the stands hang from the metal work instead of sitting on the ground?

Tommy Brown
43 minutes ago, Smithee said:

Surely that's not the case, surely no one believes that the the stands hang from the metal work instead of sitting on the ground?

FFS Smithee, it's kickback posters we are talking about. :lol:

On 06/08/2018 at 11:33, farin said:

6D9AD5D9-6348-40BC-8BC2-EB1C532B2826.jpeg

Thanks for the pic. Which of the areas is that? I’m assuming it’s the one on the first floor. It’d be great to see progress on the 2nd and 3rd too.

8 minutes ago, JayTeeJnr said:

Thanks for the pic. Which of the areas is that? I’m assuming it’s the one on the first floor. It’d be great to see progress on the 2nd and 3rd too.

The fit-out to the 2nd and 3rd floors are on hold at present - subject to funding availability.

davemclaren
3 minutes ago, Thomaso said:

The fit-out to the 2nd and 3rd floors are on hold at present - subject to funding availability.

Interesting that we have as yet got all this unused capacity but have still significantly increased our hospitality options already.