New Stand: Ongoing work (updated)

Clerry Jambo

4 hours ago, kila said:

Calum Sandison's photo from twitter:

Di5EWMVWsAE16Os-1.thumb.jpg.507c4eecb2aaf6fef1f385277d7e26da.jpg

Sisters.net will be besides themselves. The polis box has been done. WTF ???.

looks fabulous

David McCaig
7 hours ago, 1971fozzy said:

looks fabulous

I was actually disappointed in the police box scaleback as its not flush with the pylon and therefore still taking a large amount of seats  out of.commission.

The final two columns of the upper tier in T still can't see the goal and the brickwork means that columns are lost in the lower tier.

Approximately 116 seats are lost.

Edited by David McCaig

2 minutes ago, David McCaig said:

I was actually disappointed in the police box scaleback as its not flush with the pylon and therefore still taking a large amount of seats  out of.commission.

The final two columns of the upper tier in T still can't see the goal and the brickwork means that columns are lost in the lower tier.

Approximately 116 seats are lost.

Yeah I was the same. It's ugly as well. 

Montgomery Brewster
7 hours ago, 1971fozzy said:

looks fabulous

Anything that makes them froth is good in my book. 

FTH

johnking123

Must admit. We have spent a lot of money for just a couple of feet. Should have been flush with the pylons.

10 minutes ago, johnking123 said:

Must admit. We have spent a lot of money for just a couple of feet. Should have been flush with the pylons.

Anyone think if it was possible it would have been.

David McCaig
5 minutes ago, obua said:

Anyone think if it was possible it would have been.

If it was impossible to scale it back properly it should have been removed.

Farcical that we have 28 x 2 columns of seats in a brand new stand that can never be used!!!

Phil D. Corners

So new pitch down, police box scaled back, TV studio close to complete......

When do we get our jumbotron‘s? 

Does anyone have a picture from the end off the stand looking down on the police box? 

I thought it was confirmed that it was the same view as the end off the wheatfield? 

The last row in section N can’t see the whole off the goal but can see the goal line. 

1 minute ago, HMFC86 said:

Does anyone have a picture from the end off the stand looking down on the police box? 

I thought it was confirmed that it was the same view as the end off the wheatfield? 

The last row in section N can’t see the whole off the goal but can see the goal line. 

Had a look pre match on Tuesday second last column could see the goal line and most of the net. Last column could not see net but could see goal posts. Wouldn't like to pay full price for either column of seats.

heartsfc_fan
30 minutes ago, EIEIO said:

Had a look pre match on Tuesday second last column could see the goal line and most of the net. Last column could not see net but could see goal posts. Wouldn't like to pay full price for either column of seats.

So essentially you could see the goal line if you sat on the last row then?

6 minutes ago, heartsfc_fan said:

So essentially you could see the goal line if you sat on the last row then?

No problem if they are sold in good faith as restricted view at a discounted price.

johnking123

Maybe if we are rich enough one day. We can place the control box somewhere else. Would cost a bit though.

hmfc_liam06
1 hour ago, David McCaig said:

Farcical that we have 28 x 2 columns of seats in a brand new stand that can never be used!!!

You do realise that pretty much every piece of the electrics runs through the police box.

It's not a case of simply removing it.

David McCaig
5 minutes ago, hmfc_liam06 said:

You do realise that pretty much every piece of the electrics runs through the police box.

6 minutes ago, hmfc_liam06 said:

... And presumably it's utterly essential that these must be housed in an area that takes 100+ seats of a newly built stand out of use.

hmfc_liam06
3 minutes ago, David McCaig said:

... And presumably it's utterly essential that these must be housed in an area that takes 100+ seats of a newly built stand out of use.

It's not essential, I'm sure the club are just leaving it there for the banter though.

But maybe you should email the club to let them know that it's actually a straightforward job? Maybe you could just nip in one night after your work and see to it?

I take it there is no way to move the staircase over to the far end of the stand, and move the six seats at the end so they are flush with the majority of the seats in Section T? 

Harry Potter
3 minutes ago, hmfc_liam06 said:

It's not essential, I'm sure the club are just leaving it there for the banter though.

But maybe you should email the club to let them know that it's actually a straightforward job? Maybe you could just nip in one night after your work and see to it?

:laugh:. quality.

Its fairly common knowledge that it isn't "just" a police box.

All the stadium controls are housed in there from lighting to security cameras to tannoy systems. Its basically the control room and to move it along with the complete rewiring that would be required is a long and expensive job.

There is absolutely no reason to moan about these seats unless you are stupid enough to buy one after being told your view will be partially restricted. In which case you need your head examined.

Shanks said no
23 minutes ago, Manny1874 said:

I take it there is no way to move the staircase over to the far end of the stand, and move the six seats at the end so they are flush with the majority of the seats in Section T? 

I seem to recall that we have the maximum number of seats in each row between each staircase so we can’t do this.

The two rows of seats aren’t lost you can still see the goals but they will be sold as restricted view tickets if every other seat is sold in the bigger games. No real reason for the drama this is creating.

24 minutes ago, Manny1874 said:

Not allowed as health and safety dictates tbat you are only allowed a certain number of seats in a row before a staircase is accessible.

Montgomery Brewster
1 minute ago, graham said:

The two rows of seats aren’t lost you can still see the goals but they will be sold as restricted view tickets if every other seat is sold in the bigger games. No real reason for the drama this is creating.

The voice of reason. 

5 minutes ago, The Frenchman Returns said:

I seem to recall that we have the maximum number of seats in each row between each staircase so we can’t do this.

5 minutes ago, hughesie27 said:

Not allowed as health and safety dictates tbat you are only allowed a certain number of seats in a row before a staircase is accessible.

Thanks for the clarification. 

heartsfc_fan
54 minutes ago, David McCaig said:

Where are you getting 100+ seats from? I checked on etickets and the last row of seats is only 31?

troonmaroon
4 minutes ago, heartsfc_fan said:

Where are you getting 100+ seats from? I checked on etickets and the last row of seats is only 31?

And moreso, they're not out of use. You can still see all that's needed to be seen!

Wasn’t that long ago when people were in admiration of the new stand

unbelievable Jeff

hmfc_liam06
51 minutes ago, VladMagic said:

Its fairly common knowledge that it isn't "just" a police box.

All the stadium controls are housed in there from lighting to security cameras to tannoy systems. Its basically the control room and to move it along with the complete rewiring that would be required is a long and expensive job.

There is absolutely no reason to moan about these seats unless you are stupid enough to buy one after being told your view will be partially restricted. In which case you need your head examined.

Lies. The club is deliberately leaving the police box there to **** off some folk on JKB.

11 minutes ago, BelgeJambo said:

unbelievable Jeff

Yes but we must be well top of the League of Moaning Barstewards. No matter what we do there is always someone who thinks he knows better. and don't get me started on the vast number of potential Head Coaches we have in our support !!!!!

letsalldothebeattie
15 minutes ago, BelgeJambo said:

unbelievable Jeff

Mainly by new incomers to the stand. Hopefully that moaning means they won’t be back in it anytime soon and the regulars like myself can enjoy it for all it’s glory once again this season

7 minutes ago, Simmo said:

Yes but we must be well top of the League of Moaning Barstewards. No matter what we do there is always someone who thinks he knows better. and don't get me started on the vast number of potential Head Coaches we have in our support !!!!!

Tin Hat on Simmo

2 hours ago, hmfc_liam06 said:

I thought that the delay in sorting the police box was because of the electrics but have now been relocated to the new plant room beneath the Roseburn stand. 

King Of The Cat Cafe

We would not be having this discussion if it were not for the genius who decided to put the police box and all the ancillary stuff in a position that was blocking seats in the pre-existing old main stand.

davemclaren
9 minutes ago, King Of The Cat Cafe said:

We would not be having this discussion if it were not for the genius who decided to put the police box and all the ancillary stuff in a position that was blocking seats in the pre-existing old main stand.

Was there a better alternative?

The Treasurer
5 hours ago, David McCaig said:

Where would you suggest it was placed instead ?

station_jambo
16 minutes ago, The Treasurer said:

Where would you suggest it was placed instead ?

Back of the main stand similar to TV studio

David McCaig
21 minutes ago, station_jambo said:

Back of the main stand similar to TV studio

We  would actually lose less seats that way.

King Of The Cat Cafe
1 hour ago, davemclaren said:

Was there a better alternative?

Hmm: If that was the best they could come up with, I shudder to think what ideas they rejected. 

Deans Jambo

Maybe to late now but would/could the staircase not be moved to run up the side of the stand (so no seats are at the end) and extend the row of seats over the existing staircase?

8 minutes ago, Deans Jambo said:

Maybe to late now but would/could the staircase not be moved to run up the side of the stand (so no seats are at the end) and extend the row of seats over the existing staircase?

As discussed earlier any row of seats has a limit to how far any seat can be from an aisle. That rule covers any seated area whether a theatre, cinema, or sporting arena. 

station_jambo
9 minutes ago, Deans Jambo said:

Great idea but think there may be a maximum amount of seats per row/section?

8 minutes ago, station_jambo said:

Great idea but think there may be a maximum amount of seats per row/section?

Just a though. Could they not reformat the seats so there is a block of 6(or however many seats are in the end sections) in the middle of the stand, moving the end off the big sections closer to the end off the stand, thus leaving just the stairs at the end? Same Space but the stairs further over would likely remove the restricted view. 

Obviously would have to be a summer job. I may be missing something why this wouldn’t work.

Edited by HMFC86

Buffalo Bill

It really doesn’t matter. Just don’t buy a season ticket on that very end column. If a game is heading for a sell-out, sell those seats last as ‘restricted view’. If it was a massive game, I’m sure whoever is sitting there would be fine as a one-off. 

Deans Jambo
1 hour ago, Tazio said:

As discussed earlier any row of seats has a limit to how far any seat can be from an aisle. That rule covers any seated area whether a theatre, cinema, or sporting arena. 

Ok cheers. 

Shanks said no
1 hour ago, HMFC86 said:

Just a though. Could they not reformat the seats so there is a block of 6(or however many seats are in the end sections) in the middle of the stand, moving the end off the big sections closer to the end off the stand, thus leaving just the stairs at the end? Same Space but the stairs further over would likely remove the restricted view. 

Obviously would have to be a summer job. I may be missing something why this wouldn’t work.

would you not have to move the vomitory exits to do that as well?

Big Slim Stylee
6 minutes ago, Buffalo Bill said:

It really doesn’t matter. Just don’t buy a season ticket on that very end column. If a game is heading for a sell-out, sell those seats last as ‘restricted view’. If it was a massive game, I’m sure whoever is sitting there would be fine as a one-off. 

This kind of common sense approach will be the ruin of JKB you know.

Just now, The Frenchman Returns said:

would you not have to move the vomitory exits to do that as well?

And the steps,not possible.

Montgomery Brewster
1 hour ago, HMFC86 said:

Because the exits wouldn’t line up with the  stair cases

Any new pictures of work going on in and around the ground? Would love to see the view from the scaled back police box and any close ups of the new tv studio 

5 minutes ago, farin said:

We’re busy filling in the corners. ::troll::

DC850C49-694E-4299-B91A-437BF7BB6EAD.jpeg.a970d0c1c371579fde963d8d4f7f94f5.jpeg

Joke or no joke that looks sexual