New Stand: Ongoing work (updated)

Clerry Jambo

Mid Calder Jambo
12 minutes ago, Cade said:

Fan Bar/Gorgie Suite should be Fringe venues.

Gregg Wallace could come up and do some cookery stuff around the 5-1 diet :greggy:

10 hours ago, Smithee said:

I'm just back from ten years in Holland, I met literally no one who had more than a vague passing interest in Scottish football (even then, very few!) despite meeting loads of people who love the country and have visited. 

I'm not saying they don't exist but I am saying they don't exist in the kind of numbers that would make it worthwhile.

I don’t have any interest in Aston Villa, Blackpool, Grimsby, Carlisle United or Sparta Prague, but I’ve been to watch them all because I happened to be in those towns when a game was on.

Most folk will come to Edinburgh for other reasons but watching a game in another country is a great experience.

10 hours ago, Smithee said:

I'm just back from ten years in Holland, I met literally no one who had more than a vague passing interest in Scottish football (even then, very few!) despite meeting loads of people who love the country and have visited. 

I'm not saying they don't exist but I am saying they don't exist in the kind of numbers that would make it worthwhile.

You should have popped to Capella mate. A virtual Gorgie consulate ?

Unknown user
3 minutes ago, BigC said:

I don’t have any interest in Aston Villa, Blackpool, Grimsby, Carlisle United or Sparta Prague, but I’ve been to watch them all because I happened to be in those towns when a game was on.

Most folk will come to Edinburgh for other reasons but watching a game in another country is a great experience.

Cool, and there's a small amount of people like you - no point advertising to someone who does it already though. 

Of these games, how many were prompted by advertising campaigns aimed at tourists and how many by you being the type that will go to a game if you're in town?

Unknown user
4 minutes ago, Notts1874 said:

You should have popped to Capella mate. A virtual Gorgie consulate ?

Capelle aan den Ijssel? I would have if I'd known!

At the end of the day, I'm not saying there aren't tourists who might come along, I'm just sayng that every time we or hibs try this type of thing it disappears to nothing because there aren't enough of them to make it worthwhile.

2 minutes ago, Smithee said:

At the end of the day, I'm not saying there aren't tourists who might come along, I'm just sayng that every time we or hibs try this type of thing it disappears to nothing because there aren't enough of them to make it worthwhile.

I think we have more of an offering now. We have the museum and heritage trail (plus the new bar) which we can get in to guide books/trip advisor/hotel concierges and this gives us the chance to upsell tickets and merch.

I wouldn't waste money on traditional advertising but we should definitely be active where people are researching the best things to do in Edinburgh.

3 minutes ago, Smithee said:

Yep. The very same place. Six stout Jambos there . They may or not be related ??

Only one got a ticket for 2012. The rest decorated the local golf club in maroon.

davemclaren
9 minutes ago, Smithee said:

I agree it’s a limited market. 

3 minutes ago, Gershwin said:

I think we have more of an offering now. We have the museum and heritage trail (plus the new bar) which we can get in to guide books/trip advisor/hotel concierges and this gives us the chance to upsell tickets and merch.

I wouldn't waste money on traditional advertising but we should definitely be active where people are researching the best things to do in Edinburgh.

This, this and this again. We have a huge and unique history. We sell it, in my opinion, too much to our support. Lets sell it to the occasional visitor as well.

Unknown user
5 minutes ago, davemclaren said:

I agree it’s a limited market. 

And they disappear after one game. 

I might come across as negative about this but it's because I get frustrated - to me it's obvious that the third biggest club in Scotland isn't that attractive to anyone but us and that attempts to market to others have never really worked. I mean, who's interested in the third biggest club in Denmark or Belgium?

We need to concentrate on the people who might come along every other week and become one of us, not people who'll be gone after a game or two - it makes sense financially if for no other reason.  

4 minutes ago, Smithee said:

I might come across as negative about this but it's because I get frustrated - to me it's obvious that the third biggest club in Scotland isn't that attractive to anyone but us and that attempts to market to others have never really worked. I mean, who's interested in the third biggest club in Denmark or Belgium?

We need to concentrate on the people who might come along every other week and become one of us, not people who'll be gone after a game or two - it makes sense financially if for no other reason.  

I agree with you to a point. What I am suggesting is that we can and should utilise " free" marketing such as facebook and trip advisor to attract the one off or occasional visitor.

siegementality
10 hours ago, Cade said:

Great idea.

3 minutes ago, siegementality said:

Great idea.

Yes it is. Even if it's tied in with a more established Fringe venue.

siegementality
1 hour ago, BigC said:

I’ve been to see Botofogo in Rio, Maritimo in Madeira, Sporting in Lisbon, Athletico in Madrid, Athletic in Bilbao, Lazio in Rome, all because I happened to be in these places. I’ve also did stadium tours of Real Madrid and Barcelona. There are other places I have been when unfortunately there was no game on or I would have went. It might only be a one off attendance, buying some food and drink and some merchandise but money is money as far as any club is concerned.

Edited by siegementality

siegementality
2 minutes ago, Notts1874 said:

I’ve been in the fans bar four times since it opened. The staff all say it has been a success, with one saying “if only the World Cup was always on”. I personally think it can be a real money maker but it’s down to the club to have some good initiatives. Using it as a fringe venue, beamback for hearts games, Champions League nights, social nights like meet the captain and/or management team, etc, can have the tills turning over regularly.

1 hour ago, Smithee said:

You're right, the return wouldn't be worth the effort.

Edinburgh's student population on the other hand .......

Jambo, Goodbye
1 hour ago, siegementality said:

I’ve been to see Botofogo in Rio, Maritimo in Madeira, Sporting in Lisbon, Athletico in Madrid, Athletic in Bilbao, Lazio in Rome, all because I happened to be in these places. I’ve also did stadium tours of Real Madrid and Barcelona. There are other places I have been when unfortunately there was no game on or I would have went. It might only be a one off attendance, buying some food and drink and some merchandise but money is money as far as any club is concerned.

This is true for me too, Barca, Madrid, Ajax and Fluminense, all because I was there at the right time.

In Berlin, Hertha were playing away so I went to see Union Berlin instead. Ticket, steak burger, beer and even a Union hoody from the merchandise truck. I must have spent 50 euros on them alone. 

But I must confess, not a single one of these clubs advertised to entice me, I sought them out as any travelling football fan would. Much like any fan would likely research us or Hibs if they were ever in the city during the weekend. The info needs to be easy to find online however. 

If our game in Scotland wasn't sold as a two team league, this would definitely help a little too.

kingdannyb

One the Gorgie Stand is converted to safe-standing we will have a mini Dortmund stadium complete with a Maroon Wall!

27 minutes ago, kingdannyb said:

One the Gorgie Stand is converted to safe-standing we will have a mini Dortmund stadium complete with a Maroon Wall!

“The Gorgie Wall”

B6430757-7A55-4FEA-8A53-6326912C8D3B.gif

John Findlay
11 hours ago, Gershwin said:

I know that two of the Concierge at the Bamoral are Jambos to their core.

Unknown user
9 hours ago, graygo said:

You're right, the return wouldn't be worth the effort.

Edinburgh's student population on the other hand .......

On the surface that sounds good, but they're at an age where they'll already have a team back home if they're into football, and they're in Edinburgh for the skintest part of their lives before ****ing off somewhere else to earn loads of money.

Romanov might have been frog spawn mental but the Magnificent 7 scheme was one that I thought was great. Advertising to Scottish kids is the only recruitment drive that makes sense, even though it's a long term play with very little short term gain. 

10 hours ago, Notts1874 said:

Could have the pavement dancers doing a routine on the Plaza as tourists descend on the venue.

Venue 51 of course. 

Unknown user
12 hours ago, Notts1874 said:

I agree with you to a point. What I am suggesting is that we can and should utilise " free" marketing such as facebook and trip advisor to attract the one off or occasional visitor.

I do agree with that as part of a strong online presence

...a bit disco
18 minutes ago, Debut 4 said:

Could have the pavement dancers doing a routine on the Plaza as tourists descend on the venue.

Venue 51 of course. 

:rofl:

Street theatre.

The EEN will love that.

22 hours ago, Cade said:

Too late. 

Hibernian are already Edinburgh's Comedy Club.

Buffalo Bill

There seems to be a new doorway built at the top or Sections R/S. I don’t know if this is the new tv studio or just an exit door (Hearts Facebook pic). 

0C58228C-E542-49DB-A21B-C552D05D130E.png

stuartmitchell

I'd of thought that Stag do's could be persuaded to come to Tynie. Day in hospitality on the piss, bit of football, more bevvy afterwards then a tram along to the strippers. Happy days.

1 hour ago, Buffalo Bill said:

There seems to be a new doorway built at the top or Sections R/S. I don’t know if this is the new tv studio or just an exit door (Hearts Facebook pic). 

Eventually there will be a doorway at the top of each stairway.The others are boarded over at the moment,there must be work going on if the board has been removed.

johnking123

Looks like they have removed a few seats as well.

Pure guesswork on my part BB but could that be the new studio? Once completed, the door will be removed, replacing it with a glass window which will stretch the full length of the seats that have been removed (meaning the R and S signs would be removed of course, otherwise they’d be stuck to said window)?

As I say, pure guesswork ??

On 04/07/2018 at 13:53, Cade said:

Watch this space...

Heart of Darkness
5 hours ago, Absolute Scenes said:

Look at that pitch!

Screenshot_20180705-121933.png

What a FN stadium we have!! ♡♡♡

Different Class

Maybe in 2058 they'll get round to fixing the ******* seats in the Roseburn. All of them. Please. 

24 minutes ago, Cade said:

:profit:

Haha! There will be an announcement shortly regarding this very thing... can’t say more than that until everything is set in stone... sorry to be a tease, but it’s going to be an exciting time down at Tynecastle Park this Fringe ??

9 minutes ago, Boba Fett said:

Haha! There will be an announcement shortly regarding this very thing... can’t say more than that until everything is set in stone... sorry to be a tease, but it’s going to be an exciting time down at Tynecastle Park this Fringe ??

Festival Cup is back?

:sweeet:

7 hours ago, Absolute Scenes said:

Look at that pitch!

Screenshot_20180705-121933.png

That looks fantastic. What do you think now Rogers, ya twat.

hughesie27
1 hour ago, Boba Fett said:

20 shows with Fish BOOKED AND CONFIRMED :profit: 

1 minute ago, hughesie27 said:

20 shows with Fish BOOKED AND CONFIRMED :profit: 

Baws, my secret’s out... it’s a large scale production...

Fxxx the SPFL
6 hours ago, stuartmitchell said:

I'd of thought that Stag do's could be persuaded to come to Tynie. Day in hospitality on the piss, bit of football, more bevvy afterwards then a tram along to the strippers. Happy days.

We did that for my son's stag do a few years back went to Everton v QPR  24 of us great day out we did get strange looks only because the laddie was dressed up as a chicken.

PortyJambo
5 hours ago, Mr Sifter said:

Pure guesswork on my part BB but could that be the new studio? Once completed, the door will be removed, replacing it with a glass window which will stretch the full length of the seats that have been removed (meaning the R and S signs would be removed of course, otherwise they’d be stuck to said window)?

As I say, pure guesswork ??

FFS, looks like my seat is going to be right in front of the studio if you're right. We were originally told that would be an exit available to fans when the build was complete, but the re-planning of where the studio would be could put paid to that.

davemclaren
32 minutes ago, Louis Litt said:

FFS, looks like my seat is going to be right in front of the studio if you're right. We were originally told that would be an exit available to fans when the build was complete, but the re-planning of where the studio would be could put paid to that.

I don’t think ‘ordinary’ fans were ever going to exit at the top. Was always for corporate to get to their drinks. ?

Jambo, Goodbye
2 hours ago, Boba Fett said:

I'm officially ITK on this one :greggy: