New Stand: Ongoing work (updated)

Clerry Jambo

Scnorthedinburgh

The club are still working towards the mural on the end of the tenements.

But I don't think it will end up happening.

18 minutes ago, Scnorthedinburgh said:

The club are still working towards the mural on the end of the tenements.

But I don't think it will end up happening.

I think it will in the future, but not a priority at this stage.  Once the stadium and Ann are paid of, some FoH contributions could go towards the costs.

Scnorthedinburgh

Money isn't the issue, it is still in the plan to complete it this phase.

Other issues look like preventing it or at least stalling it.

Sorry for being vague.

16 hours ago, Manny1874 said:

I like the sounds of that. 

I'd get a membership. 

Dunfermline had that for years with Legends lounge. Now it's free

1 minute ago, Scnorthedinburgh said:

Money isn't the issue, it is still in the plan to complete it this phase.

Other issues look like preventing it or at least stalling it.

Sorry for being vague.

"Other issues"?  Please tell

19 hours ago, maroonlegions said:

Good i have a ST for section Q in the new main and its quite high up.

I'm fairly far up in Q and the view's fine.  Once you get your breath back.

Scnorthedinburgh
13 minutes ago, Thomaso said:

"Other issues"?  Please tell

Can't say, but it's pretty easy to work out.

Was surprised I hadn't thought of the issue when I overheard the conversation.

As it was a discussion I overheard not going to post full details.

But not on the wind up, just think of what not money based might pull the plug on the plan.

Just now, Scnorthedinburgh said:

But not on the wind up, just think of what not money based might pull the plug on the plan.

Artist is a hobo?

School across the road doesnt want to be staring at a Hearts mural?

People in the flats dont want it?

Council doesnt like the idea?

"just think of what not money based might pull the plug on the plan" ???????

The Natural Order

My guess is the problem with the mural is that they presumed they could just do it and not thought to seek the agreement of property owners in that block. Only takes a few non Hearts fans to block it.

Hackney Hearts
4 minutes ago, Pans Jambo said:

Artist is a hobo? No (get another artist!)

School across the road doesnt want to be staring at a Hearts mural? quite likely

People in the flats dont want it? there will be a range of views (literally and figuratively)

Council doesnt like the idea? very likely

Bound to be a planning issue.

6 minutes ago, The Natural Order said:

My guess is the problem with the mural is that they presumed they could just do it and not thought to seek the agreement of property owners in that block. Only takes a few non Hearts fans to block it.

Pity - they'll just have to make do with the graffiti.........

Scnorthedinburgh
15 minutes ago, The Natural Order said:

Nothing to do with who anyone supports.

Out of interest, are there any new aerial views of the new stand yet? The last one I saw on here was towards the end of the first phase of the construction period. It would be great to see a birds-eye view of Tynecastle in all its glory now.

3 minutes ago, Scnorthedinburgh said:

Nothing to do with who anyone supports.

So no objections from residents or building owners????

Scnorthedinburgh
Just now, Thomaso said:

So no objections from residents or building owners????

No objections because of who anyone supports.

Just now, Scnorthedinburgh said:

No objections because of who anyone supports.

But objections non the less??

Scnorthedinburgh
Just now, Thomaso said:

But objections non the less??

Roughly that, but bit more detailed and complex.

And from what I heard i think they have a point.

But good that it's still being discussed I thought it had been dropped as it was never mentioned anymore.

Of all the things to object about in Gorgie right now... a mural on the end of a block of flats intended to celebrate Gorgie is surely the least of the problems!

The Scotmid being knocked down and replaced with yet more ****ing student accommodation is one to object.

Hampden Demolition
8 minutes ago, Strachsuit said:

Out of interest, are there any new aerial views of the new stand yet? The last one I saw on here was towards the end of the first phase of the construction period. It would be great to see a birds-eye view of Tynecastle in all its glory now.

A51B624C-8A62-4002-AAE0-6414AD45B914.jpeg

Just now, Hampden Demolition said:

A51B624C-8A62-4002-AAE0-6414AD45B914.jpeg

Would love to see an aerial shot from the other side showing our fantastic glazed façade........

Just now, Thomaso said:

Would love to see an aerial shot from the other side showing our fantastic glazed façade........

Yes, that's kinda what I meant. There was one showing the facade but it was mid-construction so would love to see it now it's finished.

August Landmesser
5 minutes ago, Scnorthedinburgh said:

I would guess either a planning issue - visual impact or something, or else something physical to do with the gable end of the tenement, or even that HMFC don't own the tenement's gable so it might be a bit cheeky to suddenly rock up and start painting it?

Scnorthedinburgh
6 minutes ago, August Landmesser said:

I would guess either a planning issue - visual impact or something, or else something physical to do with the gable end of the tenement, or even that HMFC don't own the tenement's gable so it might be a bit cheeky to suddenly rock up and start painting it?

Give some pesky kids the paint when winter comes and it will get painted.

Not a planning issue, but the work was more substantial than I imagined.

17 hours ago, sidjamesbottle said:

A pie and a pint club on match days might be a better idea with the new bar only holding 150, and the plans for the old shop below the Wheatfield now for office space, only guessing but surely the demand is there ? 

I think the space could be used for something other than a bar for a select few fans. Used to go to the Willie Bauld occasionally and didn't think it was anything special. 

11 minutes ago, Scnorthedinburgh said:

Not a planning issue, but the work was more substantial than I imagined.

Re-rendering the gable before being able to paint it? 

Libertarian
6 minutes ago, Section Q said:

I think the space could be used for something other than a bar for a select few fans. Used to go to the Willie Bauld occasionally and didn't think it was anything special. 

I would consider paying a £200 membership to an establishment that offered decent pre-match meals and a pint along with access to a pay bar at halftime.

2 minutes ago, Hearts Daft said:

I would consider paying a £200 membership to an establishment that offered decent pre-match meals and a pint along with access to a pay bar at halftime.

I enjoy a pint before and after the match but honestly prefer a pub. Tynie was always about the football....!

Will the SKy/BT area be finished for SAt or will we still be using that ghastly Green pop up room?

Lucille's Thirsty

Are the trees on the concourse still happening? 

Another thing it would be awesome if whoever is in charge of the social media department, to do a sort of before and after all the redevelopment areas in the ground. Just a little though as most of us won’t see all of that new stuff that’s being done.

10 minutes ago, Lucille's Thirsty said:

Are the trees on the concourse still happening? 

No doubt not a priority, but the 'plaza' does look a bit bare and car park like.

The quicker they get the trees, flag poles and benches in per the original plans, the better.

1 hour ago, i8hibsh said:

Will the SKy/BT area be finished for SAt or will we still be using that ghastly Green pop up room?

Aiming to be finished in time I believe, if they don't manage to complete it I guess Sky will adopt the BT style of standing pitchside (which i prefer for games, get a better sense of the atmosphere). 

Scnorthedinburgh
2 hours ago, SUTOL said:

Re-rendering the gable before being able to paint it? 

Nope

Apparently it isn't painted onto the building. Well what they are planning at the moment doesn't involve painting onto the wall

1 minute ago, Scnorthedinburgh said:

Nope

Apparently it isn't painted onto the building. Well what they are planning at the moment doesn't involve painting onto the wall

Ah so a structural issue with the wall??

1 hour ago, Nobreath said:

No doubt not a priority, but the 'plaza' does look a bit bare and car park like.

The quicker they get the trees, flag poles and benches in per the original plans, the better.

Agreed.

Libertarian
2 hours ago, Section Q said:

I enjoy a pint before and after the match but honestly prefer a pub. Tynie was always about the football....!

The amount of space in the new stand could allow for bars as well as bars/restaurants. Both could really provide a healthy profit on match day, particularly if there was a membership fee to join.

The issue with any type of membership to a bar is that it is a great way to generate early income, however if for whatever reason the team stop producing on the park, then your clientele buggers off and you are now left in a situation where no one is coming and you can't promote it again due to failures on the park.

You also alienate the rest of the support who may just want to drop by for a pint after the match, these people in my opinion are more valuable than a 200 pound membership.

Owned 3 bars over here so I know a little about the business.

25 minutes ago, neonjambo said:

The issue with any type of membership to a bar is that it is a great way to generate early income, however if for whatever reason the team stop producing on the park, then your clientele buggers off and you are now left in a situation where no one is coming and you can't promote it again due to failures on the park.

You also alienate the rest of the support who may just want to drop by for a pint after the match, these people in my opinion are more valuable than a 200 pound membership.

I would think that the clientele/members would be almost exclusively season ticket holders therefore I would expect them to attend the vast majority of home games.

The issue with the current bar is that the capacity of 150 is too small for match days.

No experience of running a bar or a piss up in a brewery mind you.

Edited by EIEIO

8 minutes ago, EIEIO said:

I would think that the clientele/members would be almost exclusively season ticket holders therefore I would expect them to attend the vast majority of home games.

The issue with the current bar is that the capacity of 150 is too small for match days.

I'm obviously not sure it's plausible but could they not create a tented seating area outside the new bar to temporarily increase the capacity on match days?

Heartsofgold
1 minute ago, Gershwin said:

I'm obviously not sure it's plausible but could they not create a tented seating area outside the new bar to temporarily increase the capacity on match days?

I think the problem with that would be licencing although it would be great!

6 minutes ago, Gershwin said:

Should the capacity of the bar not have been something thought about before building it? The foresight for some of these projects in the new stand seems woefully lacking. 

17 minutes ago, EIEIO said:

150 is a decent size for a bar in an area swamped with options. Will keep queue times down too.

Just now, hughesie27 said:

150 is a decent size for a bar in an area swamped with options. Will keep queue times down too.

That is my view.

Scnorthedinburgh
1 hour ago, Thomaso said:

Ah so a structural issue with the wall??

Not as such.

It's concent from all the buildings owners and it's bigger than just it's oh a mural it will make area look nice, say no your a hibby.

Nothing underhand and you would have the same issues if a company were going to do this to the side of your house.

As I said it's not just a new paint job by the sounds of it.

Libertarian
51 minutes ago, neonjambo said:

A membership scheme could allow members to use the bar at half-time as well as prior to kick off. I suppose the bar could be accessed by non-members after the match. It's just an idea which could possibly make the club a bit extra.

9 minutes ago, Scnorthedinburgh said:

Not as such.

It's concent from all the buildings owners and it's bigger than just it's oh a mural it will make area look nice, say no your a hibby.

Nothing underhand and you would have the same issues if a company were going to do this to the side of your house.

As I said it's not just a new paint job by the sounds of it.

Are they concerned about it affecting their property value or something along those lines?

13 minutes ago, hughesie27 said:

Not my experience we drink in grays mill before games if travelling by car it's usually ok but a pretty crap pub. If we go by train usually drink around Haymarket as pubs rammed post 1pm in Georgie or dalry and even worse post match. None of this benefits Hearts just greedy breweries and pub owners prefer to give any profit to Hearts.

Scnorthedinburgh
1 minute ago, redm said:

Are they concerned about it affecting their property value or something along those lines?

Amongst other things

As I said nothing to do with being anti hearts just ensuring their best interests are covered in all areas.

6 minutes ago, EIEIO said:

Not my experience we drink in grays mill before games if travelling by car it's usually ok but a pretty crap pub. If we go by train usually drink around Haymarket as pubs rammed post 1pm in Georgie or dalry and even worse post match. None of this benefits Hearts just greedy breweries and pub owners prefer to give any profit to Hearts.

I'm usually in there before games too. 5 minute wait at most when it's busy.

2 minutes ago, Scnorthedinburgh said:

Amongst other things

As I said nothing to do with being anti hearts just ensuring their best interests are covered in all areas.

I suppose that seems fair enough. I like to think a quality mural would have no adverse effect but you can understand why it might worry the residents a little. I think it would be wonderful but then it's not my property or my money. 

Hopefully they'll manage to iron out any issues - it would be great if it could go ahead. Would brighten up a dour looking gable end very nicely.

Just paint the end white, project onto it and show classic hearts matches / goals before KO. Possibly beam back big games and have the plaza as a viewing area - if we were allowed of course.